The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2013, 08:17 PM   #1101
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,003

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

This season makes me so ****ing angry.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:37 AM   #1102
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
This season makes me so ****ing angry.
Climate scientists studying the mysterious sudden CO2 cloud over Western Pennsylvania have determined it is from the mass sigh of relief by Penguins fans that their team will not have to face the Philadelphia Flyers in this year's playoffs....

I don't want to hear about this season pissing you off
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #1103
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,003

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
Climate scientists studying the mysterious sudden CO2 cloud over Western Pennsylvania have determined it is from the mass sigh of relief by Penguins fans that their team will not have to face the Philadelphia Flyers in this year's playoffs....

I don't want to hear about this season pissing you off
It is pissing me off. ovechkin is going to win the RR, Art Ross and therefore prolly the Hart even though he is thoroughly undeserving of the latter two. ****ing bull****.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:49 AM   #1104
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,304

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
It is pissing me off. ovechkin is going to win the RR, Art Ross and therefore prolly the Hart even though he is thoroughly undeserving of the latter two. ****ing bull****.
And he doesn't deserve anything either if he can't stay healthy. Again.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:28 PM   #1105
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,003

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
And he doesn't deserve anything either if he can't stay healthy. Again.
Yeah he does deserve it......regardless. It should be based on average like the NBA..so long as you meet a minimum game threshold. He played 75 percent of the games...thats sufficient.

Were going to enjoy ending your playoff run. Again.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:13 PM   #1106
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,304

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

Could care less about the playoffs this year, they're still poorly constructed. 8 is back, it appears they have a real coach, and the "generational talent" will still have the 2nd best resume on his own team.

Last edited by Hercules Rockefeller; 04-21-2013 at 02:16 PM..
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:14 PM   #1107
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer
 
Hercules Rockefeller's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 16,304

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams
Default

And the fact you're resorting to average shoes how desperate and scared you are. 8 would have 3 Harts if that's the criteria.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:37 PM   #1108
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,493

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
It is pissing me off. ovechkin is going to win the RR, Art Ross and therefore prolly the Hart even though he is thoroughly undeserving of the latter two. ****ing bull****.
How can he be undeserving of the 2nd two? Art Ross is for leader in total points. It's a very black and white award. Either you're out there scoring points for your team every night (Ovy) or you're always injured (Sidney). It's not like it's some judgment call.

And in terms of the Hart.....what is Pittsburgh's record and winning percentage without Sidney? Probably about the same as it is right now. They are doing just fine without him. Washington on the other hand is a bottom feeder without Ovechkin playing out of his mind. For me, that makes the Hart decision easy. Washington needs Ovy more than Pittsburgh needs Sidney.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #1109
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
How can he be undeserving of the 2nd two? Art Ross is for leader in total points. It's a very black and white award. Either you're out there scoring points for your team every night (Ovy) or you're always injured (Sidney). It's not like it's some judgment call.

And in terms of the Hart.....what is Pittsburgh's record and winning percentage without Sidney? Probably about the same as it is right now. They are doing just fine without him. Washington on the other hand is a bottom feeder without Ovechkin playing out of his mind. For me, that makes the Hart decision easy. Washington needs Ovy more than Pittsburgh needs Sidney.
Hmm a lot of logic in this post.

Come on SoCalBronco, don't let your homerism make you look like a petty child. Everytime you b**** about Crosby, you sound like that.

Look, he's injury prone and he isn't nearly as important to Pittsburgh as you think he is, given how stacked the roster is. Give Ovechkin his credit, whether you like it or not, the guy is a top player in this league.

No one said Crosby wasn't a great player, but you need to give Ovechkin and Stamkos their due.

You can make endless arguments about how much Crosby profits from secondary assists and phantom assists. Don't become like the Canadian media dude. With Ovechkin and Stamkos, it's clearly in front of us, they put the puck in the net at a higher level than anyone else; can't question that.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #1110
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Nope. We own the Rangers much in the same way the Flyers own us. Weve owned them for a few years now.
Playoffs are a different game, it's all about how you are playing at the time.

Unless of course, you get 400 PPs which we know the pens will get. Then again, maybe playing the NY market team will neutralize that annual spring advantage the pens get.

edit: all my pens fans friends are hoping Winnipeg catches the Rangers. You can throw out everything out the window with Atlantic Division matchups, but if you want the rangers instead of the Jets, good luck with that. I'm actually rooting for the rangers as that has the potential to have the same fireworks as last year's flyers/pens series

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 04-21-2013 at 02:56 PM..
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #1111
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,003

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
And the fact you're resorting to average shoes how desperate and scared you are. 8 would have 3 Harts if that's the criteria.
Scared?

Why would I be scared of the Caps?

Are the Broncos scared of the Browns in an AFCCG?

The Hart has been traditionally awarded to the best player....yes I know it isn't phrased that way but in practice that is essentially what it is....more or less.

And RedskinBronco...I would welcome the Rags. We own the Rags....whether it be reg season or postseason. It doesn't go out the window just because its the playoffs....if that were the case the Flyers hex on us wouldn't have reappeared in the playoffs last year. We own NY. Period.

The bottom line is this season has been awful. A Cup and a Conn Symthe would be great....wouldn't make up for it fully.....but it would be the least that the law of averages could do to make up for this bull****.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #1112
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,003

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
How can he be undeserving of the 2nd two? Art Ross is for leader in total points. It's a very black and white award. Either you're out there scoring points for your team every night (Ovy) or you're always injured (Sidney). It's not like it's some judgment call.

And in terms of the Hart.....what is Pittsburgh's record and winning percentage without Sidney? Probably about the same as it is right now. They are doing just fine without him. Washington on the other hand is a bottom feeder without Ovechkin playing out of his mind. For me, that makes the Hart decision easy. Washington needs Ovy more than Pittsburgh needs Sidney.
I disagree with your argument. Sidney's play...much if it without Geno in the lineup was the main reason they won 15 in a row. Dude was averaging more than 2 ppg for a big stretch. Only reason they are winning now is Iggy and Morrow were added to the lineup....even now they are not winning impressively...they are playing like crap....and not surprisingly Kunitz has fallen off the face of the earth since Sid went out. What does that tell you?

There is really no way anyone can claim Ovy is more deserving. Dude played like crap for half the year. So because he plays great for the other half and his team has like 5th most points in the East...is somehow better than the guy who was great the whole time and our team is in first?

Seems legit.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:43 PM   #1113
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I disagree with your argument. Sidney's play...much if it without Geno in the lineup was the main reason they won 15 in a row. Dude was averaging more than 2 ppg for a big stretch. Only reason they are winning now is Iggy and Morrow were added to the lineup....even now they are not winning impressively...they are playing like crap....and not surprisingly Kunitz has fallen off the face of the earth since Sid went out. What does that tell you?

There is really no way anyone can claim Ovy is more deserving. Dude played like crap for half the year. So because he plays great for the other half and his team has like 5th most points in the East...is somehow better than the guy who was great the whole time and our team is in first?

Seems legit.
I'm not going to get in an endless argument. The 2 points that are glaringly obvious are:

1) whenever crosby is out, the pens don't suffer. Don't they have a better record without him?

2) Ovechkin was playing with grinders and an MIA backstrom for a chunk of the year. If you watched any of their games, you would have seen Beagle and Crabb whiff on multiple ovie prime passes and ovie getting triple teamed. Notice how now either he is more open and having legitimate top 6 guys with him opens up the game.

You can't have it both ways. Early on, you were complaining (with many media types) how crosby had crap wingers in Kunitz and Dupuis. Now suddenly, it's look how awesome crosby is. Which is it? Can't be both.

Stamkos, Ovechkin and Crosby are all great players in their own right but it is what it is. They all dominate games. It's not anyone's fault that Crosby is always injured. I told you he was injury prone, the pattern has always been there throughout his career. It's part of the game.

Anyways, this is a waste of energy. I'll let you vent. We will see what happens in the playoffs.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #1114
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter
 
Beantown Bronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Mass
Posts: 20,493

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I disagree with your argument. Sidney's play...much if it without Geno in the lineup was the main reason they won 15 in a row. Dude was averaging more than 2 ppg for a big stretch. Only reason they are winning now is Iggy and Morrow were added to the lineup....even now they are not winning impressively...they are playing like crap....and not surprisingly Kunitz has fallen off the face of the earth since Sid went out. What does that tell you?
Pens have 10 losses. Sid was on the ice for 8 of them. They win more without him on the ice. By definition, a team cannot have a better record without their MVP on the ice than they do with him on the ice. They do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
There is really no way anyone can claim Ovy is more deserving.
Everyone outside Pittsburgh, including me, disagrees. I have no horse in this race. I actually hate Ovy and am biased against him. What does that tell you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Dude played like crap for half the year. So because he plays great for the other half and his team has like 5th most points in the East...is somehow better than the guy who was great the whole time and our team is in first? Seems legit.
A guy who is actually playing and helping his team win games is better. Crosby can't stay healthy. Period. Call me when he is averaging 2 pts per game and actually plays a full season. Then we can talk.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:26 PM   #1115
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,003

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Bean town.....I strongly disagree with just about everything you posted. You are a good guy so I'm not going to get into it with you. I just respectfully very strongly disagree. The idea that Crosby can be far and away the vest player...for 3/4 of the season and end up getting nothing at all to show for it is something that I'm unwilling to accept. The idea that that's life isn't an answer that works. It simply isn't a satisfactory response.

Now I see St Louis got 2 points tonight and Stamkos 1 so St Louis is now 1 back.

I suppose out of the various contenders St Louis would be the least of multiple evils if he "won" the AR. It wouldn't be legit but unlike the other three I don't hate him. Would be a nice career capper for him.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:50 PM   #1116
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Pens have 10 losses. Sid was on the ice for 8 of them. They win more without him on the ice. By definition, a team cannot have a better record without their MVP on the ice than they do with him on the ice. They do.



Everyone outside Pittsburgh, including me, disagrees. I have no horse in this race. I actually hate Ovy and am biased against him. What does that tell you?



A guy who is actually playing and helping his team win games is better. Crosby can't stay healthy. Period. Call me when he is averaging 2 pts per game and actually plays a full season. Then we can talk.
Agreed. I would say that Ovy and Stamkos are more valuable to their teams than Crosby is, and I like Stamkos more out of anyone in the NHL...he's lighting it up at such a young age.


I believe SoCal is emotionally charged with this one because he saw the same thing happen to Mario when he was going up against Gretz. Mario's career was marred by injuries and retirement. So I think that Crosby missing a bunch of games the last few years has SoCal pissed to the point he is justifying the fact that the awards shouldn't be based on the whole season.

He saw Mario miss out on some awards and scoring titles, and now he's gonna see it again. Can't have that...
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:09 PM   #1117
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,003

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Seriously even if we win the Cup and he wins the Conn Smythe I'm not going to be fully happy if he loses the AR or the Hart. Id still be quite bitter. I'm so angry right now. I haven't watched a SINGLE game since he got hurt because I knew I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

Thanks for costing him two trophies you worthless piece of **** Orpik. It wasn't enough that you were the worst defenseman on the team this year. That wasn't enough. You had to ruin it for Sid too. I hope your ass is cut this summer. ****ing Joe Melichar from back in the day was less worthless than you. GTFO off my team. You and your **** wife can get the hell out.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #1118
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 909
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Seriously even if we win the Cup and he wins the Conn Smythe I'm not going to be fully happy if he loses the AR or the Hart. Id still be quite bitter. I'm so angry right now. I haven't watched a SINGLE game since he got hurt because I knew I wouldn't be able to enjoy it.

Thanks for costing him two trophies you worthless piece of **** Orpik. It wasn't enough that you were the worst defenseman on the team this year. That wasn't enough. You had to ruin it for Sid too. I hope your ass is cut this summer. ****ing Joe Melichar from back in the day was less worthless than you. GTFO off my team. You and your **** wife can get the hell out.
Eat a Snickers bar please.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #1119
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,039
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Thanks for costing him two trophies you worthless piece of **** Orpik. It wasn't enough that you were the worst defenseman on the team this year. That wasn't enough. You had to ruin it for Sid too. I hope your ass is cut this summer. ****ing Joe Melichar from back in the day was less worthless than you. GTFO off my team. You and your **** wife can get the hell out.
.

Dude, you are ****ing hilarious. Just calm down

FYI, I don't know if you ever heard of this or if it ever got out in pittsburgh, but apparently Orpik and Crosby, let's just say aren't too fond of each other. I heard from a friend who is boys with a pens player.

I do remember Orpik implying that Crosby was taking his sweet old time last season coming back from the concussion.

I am in NO WAY saying Orpik did what he did on purpose, just thought it was kind of funny given your little rant on Orpik.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:14 PM   #1120
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,003

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
.

Dude, you are ****ing hilarious. Just calm down

FYI, I don't know if you ever heard of this or if it ever got out in pittsburgh, but apparently Orpik and Crosby, let's just say aren't too fond of each other. I heard from a friend who is boys with a pens player.

I do remember Orpik implying that Crosby was taking his sweet old time last season coming back from the concussion.

I am in NO WAY saying Orpik did what he did on purpose, just thought it was kind of funny given your little rant on Orpik.
Yeah I heard that before. I heard he was the one who raised the whole thing about the C. Hopefully this offseason sid will order the FO to get rid of Orpik. Dude isn't even a good defenseman anymore and I could swear Sid gave him a WTF look as he was skating off the ice.

I'd be shocked if he were back. Hopefully he gets scratched in the postseason. The account must be settled.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 09:38 PM   #1121
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,039
Default

For sure, Orpik is not what he used to be. I would want him on my team a few years back, but not these days...
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:41 AM   #1122
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,003

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

So I guess Sid will be playing on Thursday which gives him 2 games. I suspect he needs 4 points (at least). I think we got NJ and CAR.

1. Bylsma don't be an idiot. I don't care about Kunitz or Dupuis feelings. Sid needs to play full time with Geno and Iggy on the wings.
2. Sid needs to play all 2 min of each PP.
3. No need for defense as these are meaningless games....just stay out on the blue line waiting for a breakout pass Sid.
4. Gary....we are the golden boys of the league right? So please tell your officials to make sure we get at least 5 PP each of these games preferably at least 2 majors.
5. Getting Peters for one of these games is great. To make sure he is even more awful than he is....send some of pittsburghs finest up to his room the night before to wear him down. Dudes save percentage against us better not be above .700.

We need to win this thing for Sid.....by hook or by crook I really dooooooont caaaaare.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:32 PM   #1123
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 37,003

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Looks like they will hold him out of the last 2 to be safe. That pisses me off. He earned that AR...there will be an unworthy usurper now. Should still get the Hart.

You hear that hockey gods? You just ****ing stole from me...you ****ing thiefs.

At the least we should get the Cup and Conn Smythe for sid for putting up with this bull****.
__________________
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:39 PM   #1124
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,969

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
At the least we should get the Cup and Conn Smythe for sid for putting up with this bull****.
You'll get nothing and like it.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #1125
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,208

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

If the Blue Jackets get the 7th or 8th seed in the West Bobrovsky should win the Hart.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:01 AM.


Denver Broncos