The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #301
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
!
If we trade up for a DE for a DE I will be so pissed. Odds are then the best RB could be still on the board as wells the top three MLBs, and second best safety. I know you don't like Lacy but, I bet you will draft him before trading draft picks to move up to get Moore or Tank.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:33 PM   #302
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
If we trade up for a DE for a DE I will be so pissed. Odds are then the best RB could be still on the board as wells the top three MLBs, and second best safety. I know you don't like Lacy but, I bet you will draft him before trading draft picks to move up to get Moore or Tank.
Likewise. I just hate idea of taking a RB early. I think it's as big of a waste as trading up to draft Moore
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #303
Bmore Manning

Quote:
You know it bro!

I'm just do torn on the RB issue.. I really think McGahee is quality when healthy, I don't like Moreno, but as depth he's a solid back-up.. I guess..
I really think Hillman is going to be a good RB, and he fits the fast paced, passing offense.

I think a stud RB would put this team over the top, I just don't want to invest a first or even second rounder to do so.. I know I have been a big advocate of Bell, but I am warming to other prospects. If we keep both McGahee/Moreno, do we really need Lacy or an early RB? I think Lattimore would be a great player to stash away, or a couple middle round RBs I like Taylor and Ball have a grittyness to them, while Bernard and Randle have a good skill set with more big play ability..

I'm really torn on RBs just like I am with DEs..
Old 04-20-2013, 06:51 PM   #304
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Nope, been on that bandwagon for awhile now.

Hell, let's be honest here. Dumervil is a PRS, and has always been pathetic at playing the run. The only guy worse is Freeney, so PRS from the draft would be just fine with me.
Funny you should mention the two highest paid defensive players in the NFL last year according to Businessweek
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #305
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i have no issue taking a DE in round 1, no issue with RB either so long as it's Lacy.

but to me, it has to be good value above all else.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:13 PM   #306
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
IMO you only trade up for qbs, or a total stud like ATL did with Julio Jones. For instance back in the day i wanted us so bad to trade up for Brian Urlacher.

In this draft there are only a couple players IMO worthy of that.

1-Chance Warmack - will be pancaking front 7 defenders for a decade and can play gaurd or center and dominate.

2-Dee Millner-great cbs always worth it IMO

3-Any of the 3 LT if you really need one. LT always hard to find and all 3 of these ones look ready to start

4-Dion Jordan - the only true QB killer in the draft
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #307
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Funny you should mention the two highest paid defensive players in the NFL last year according to Businessweek
Yeah, stupid

Wait, didn't both of them get cut by their teams for underperforming to contract last year
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #308
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Could you imagine a libebacker corps of Miller and Jordan? Oh my. Or an oline with Warmack/Franklin coming at you on running downs. We would push people to the goaline and Manning could play for 5 more yrs.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:18 PM   #309
Mediator12
OM analyst

Quanterus Smith was MY freakin Pick

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i have no issue taking a DE in round 1, no issue with RB either so long as it's Lacy.

but to me, it has to be good value above all else.
That's the problem. There is no value in the first round for EITHER of those positions
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #310
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Wouldn't take a DE in the first anyway. I don't get the idea of haggling over 2m...and then being forced to use your highest pick to make up for it. Nope. That's not an answer that works.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:22 PM   #311
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I think if Denver wants a DT or DE they just trade down to top of the 2nd with a team that wants a qb. If they stay put try and get Minter, Teo, or maybe one of the CBs trufant, rhodes if they fell that far. Even if they like the guard Warford who i do a lot they could grab him in the top end of the 2nd most likely.

its set up a lot like last yr when they went down and selected Wolfe.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:24 PM   #312
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Wouldn't take a DE in the first anyway. I don't get the idea of haggling over 2m...and then being forced to use your highest pick to make up for it. Nope. That's not an answer that works.
nope IMO it means Elway though they could lose Doom and be ok. I don't see him panicking and reaching for a DE when chances are Jackson who has been in system a yr, Wolfe, Ayers will be better.

I do like Kwann Short because on tape he seems to be the type who gets after the QB. A DT that does that would be huge for Denver and help get pressure on the QB inside on early downs. Instead of only when we kick Wolfe inside.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:33 PM   #313
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
You know it bro!

I'm just do torn on the RB issue.. I really think McGahee is quality when healthy, I don't like Moreno, but as depth he's a solid back-up.. I guess..
I really think Hillman is going to be a good RB, and he fits the fast paced, passing offense.

I think a stud RB would put this team over the top, I just don't want to invest a first or even second rounder to do so.. I know I have been a big advocate of Bell, but I am warming to other prospects. If we keep both McGahee/Moreno, do we really need Lacy or an early RB? I think Lattimore would be a great player to stash away, or a couple middle round RBs I like Taylor and Ball have a grittyness to them, while Bernard and Randle have a good skill set with more big play ability..

I'm really torn on RBs just like I am with DEs..
I'm almost to the point that Teo, Taylor, Lacy or
Cyprein at 28th are only real must haves.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:46 PM   #314
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i'm not a fan of drafting Carradine in the first. i'd rather have Werner or Moore.
Me too, I am all for trading down but if Werner or Moore is there, Denver has to use the pick.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:49 PM   #315
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
I understand your point but it was 4 million.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:50 PM   #316
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

If it's a DE I would want it to be Moore. He's Von's buddy and is a consistent pass rusher in college. I'm not to fond of the FSU DE's because they always bust into the pro's. Name the last good DE from FSU picked in the first round?
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 04:23 AM   #317
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
IMO you only trade up for qbs, or a total stud like ATL did with Julio Jones. For instance back in the day i wanted us so bad to trade up for Brian Urlacher.

In this draft there are only a couple players IMO worthy of that.

1-Chance Warmack - will be pancaking front 7 defenders for a decade and can play gaurd or center and dominate.

2-Dee Millner-great cbs always worth it IMO

3-Any of the 3 LT if you really need one. LT always hard to find and all 3 of these ones look ready to start

4-Dion Jordan - the only true QB killer in the draft
I would only advocate one of the LTs in Fisher or Jockel and Dion Jordan as I think they are blue chip prospects.

Warmack is such a good NFL ready prospect, but you don't move up for a guard in the top 10.. Look at DeCastros free fall last year, though I would have moved up a spot or two for him last year, or a couple of picks this year for Warmack, just not top 10.

Milner is not one of my favorite CB prospects.. He lacks ball skills that would make him elite.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:37 AM   #318
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I'm almost to the point that Teo, Taylor, Lacy or
Cyprein at 28th are only real must haves.
I would be fine with Moore @#28, I think that Von would push him as would our coaching staff, but I wouldn't advise trading up.

I would really love to have Vaccaro.

As much as I like your prospects you mentioned, I'd almost rather trade back and add more picks and get better value.. Meaning instead of taking Cyprien @#28, I'd rather take a safety and another player in the second round where I think it's good value, and have added an extra 4th and maybe a 6th..
Old 04-21-2013, 05:06 AM   #319
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

The DE/OLD that interest me the most is. Cornelius Washington. Think he is talent
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 05:53 AM   #320
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
The DE/OLD that interest me the most is. Cornelius Washington. Think he is talent
Quanterus Smith, Western Kentucky..
Old 04-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #321
CEH
Ring of Famer

We can find a PRS somewhere in the draft, I believe if you put a safety back there in the mold of an Earl Thomas, generate more turnovers from the safety position this Defense would rock even without Elvis.

I know he has issues but from a pure football perspective, is the Honey Badger this type of player. A player that could start for Denver this year and make the team better

I just asking for an evaluation of his football skills

Last edited by CEH; 04-21-2013 at 06:16 AM..
Old 04-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #322
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
We can find a PRS somewhere in the draft, I believe if you put a safety back there in the mold of an Earl Thomas, generate more turnovers from the safety position this Defense would rock even without Elvis.

I know he has issues but what from a pure football perspective, is the Honey Badger this type of player. A player that could start for Denver this year and make the team better

I just asking for an evaluation of his football skills
He makes plays no doubt about it, and he could potentially transition to playing FS. But I think the combine showed the fluidity in his hips that he could and would be best served as a CB, probably as a NCB..

Your right about needing more turnovers from our safeties, which is why I'd like to upgrade them both..
Old 04-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #323
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Draft Warmack, then take a stud RB in rd 2. Focus on Defense with the rest of our picks. Atop 10 running game that can easily convert 3rd & 3's would give us more T.O.P. and potentially prolong Manning's career by making teams less likely to bring the house against us.......
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:57 AM   #324
CEH
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by txtebow View Post
Draft Warmack, then take a stud RB in rd 2. Focus on Defense with the rest of our picks. Atop 10 running game that can easily convert 3rd & 3's would give us more T.O.P. and potentially prolong Manning's career by making teams less likely to bring the house against us.......
I agree this was the plan at the start of FA but I think Elway is more of a BPA and isn't Warmack is too high?
Old 04-21-2013, 07:25 AM   #325
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Draft Warmack? Lol. Yeah we are getting in the Top 12. Not. Lol.

We just signed Vasquez and have Kuper and Beadles. Guard is the LEAST of our worries. Lmfao.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote