The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 10:17 PM   #276
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,974
Default

Sigmund Bloom gives Carradine a 5% chance of dropping to #28. And also says if the Broncos could get him it would be a major homerun. Carradine runs in front of scouts tomorrow.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:10 AM   #277
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: OR
Posts: 1,924

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Absolutely. If ever there was a draft to get multiple picks from 35-60 this is the draft. Theoretically, we could get a highly targeted player at the top of the 2nd round and use the additional 2nd rounder to get the best RB off of the board too. Like playing with house money.
I really have to feel this is the direction the front office is leaning. Some guys who are going to be there at 28 are likely to be there at 35 or 41.

Really hoping we trade back for more ammo. Grab someone in the early second and then use that ammo we acquired to move up from 58 and grab another player. 2 impact players could come from the 35-50 range.

SS, TE, MLB, RB, pass rush specialist. Knock off 2 of these needs and that would be a good first 2 days.

Given the Ravens game, I imagine SS and RB are high on the list as that is our weakest spots right now. I'm not entirely worried about RDE as some are. I think Ayers will be fine on run downs and drafting a PRS somewhere will be fine.
Harvitz81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #278
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,974
Default

Carradine runs 4.75 - 4.85 forty at his Pro Day 4/20. At FSU's Pro Day (4/8) he pushed up 32 bench reps.

https://twitter.com/joereedy/status/325681018755502082

Broncos were among 11 teams in attendance.

They're going to have to trade up if they want to target him. To me, it comes down to either Moore or Carradine. It will be interesting to see what happens on draft day, that's for sure. Hopefully the Broncos snag one.

Moore is looking pretty immature in some of the things he does and says. He doesn't quite get it. Not very business-like. Carradine is the exact opposite. That said, I'd be extremely happy with either.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-20-2013 at 01:08 PM..
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:34 PM   #279
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

What? Is Price backing off the Moore love? Say it isn't so!

Anyway, about Carradine. He is probably a good value at the bottom of the first round, but more importantly, he seems like the kind of guy that Del Rio uses as ends. Historically, he uses bigger guys, not just "pass rush specialists.". Although, no d-coordinator would be pissed to have Dumervil.

He seems like a much more likely candidate for a traditional Del Rio d-end.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:38 PM   #280
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,303

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
What? Is Price backing off the Moore love? Say it isn't so!

Anyway, about Carradine. He is probably a good value at the bottom of the first round, but more importantly, he seems like the kind of guy that Del Rio uses as ends. Historically, he uses bigger guys, not just "pass rush specialists.". Although, no d-coordinator would be pissed to have Dumervil.

He seems like a much more likely candidate for a traditional Del Rio d-end.
Beating a dead horse:

Would be pretty sweet to lose an all-pro, NFL sack leader and team captain for zero competition and then use a first (and probably more) to try and replace his production alone.

...in the middle of a superbowl run.

Still so ****ing stupid.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #281
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???
 
cmhargrove's Avatar
 
Travis Henry's love child...

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Tulsa, OK
Posts: 6,723

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Beating a dead horse:

Would be pretty sweet to lose an all-pro, NFL sack leader and team captain for zero competition and then use a first (and probably more) to try and replace his production alone.

...in the middle of a superbowl run.

Still so ****ing stupid.
I think we all agree that we wanted Elvis to stay, but I keep coming back to the fact that we had the resources to keep him, yet still let him walk. I don't know everything involved in that decision, but it seems clearly intentional regardless of what the Broncos FO says to the media.

We let him walk, hopefully they have a plan to improve the team by moving a different direction.
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:28 PM   #282
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer
 
gyldenlove's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Nęstved, DK
Posts: 11,085

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
I think we all agree that we wanted Elvis to stay, but I keep coming back to the fact that we had the resources to keep him, yet still let him walk. I don't know everything involved in that decision, but it seems clearly intentional regardless of what the Broncos FO says to the media.

We let him walk, hopefully they have a plan to improve the team by moving a different direction.
If there is one thing we probably have to accept it is that just because something is intentional doesn't mean it is a good idea.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #283
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Carradine runs 4.75 - 4.85 forty at his Pro Day 4/20. At FSU's Pro Day (4/8) he pushed up 32 bench reps.

https://twitter.com/joereedy/status/325681018755502082

Broncos were among 11 teams in attendance.

They're going to have to trade up if they want to target him. To me, it comes down to either Moore or Carradine. It will be interesting to see what happens on draft day, that's for sure. Hopefully the Broncos snag one.

Moore is looking pretty immature in some of the things he does and says. He doesn't quite get it. Not very business-like. Carradine is the exact opposite. That said, I'd be extremely happy with either.
Totally disagree about Carradine being gone before 28

Running straight ahead doesn't prove his ACL is OK. He can't cut on it right now. Still has questions marks that why you see him ranked near the end of the 1st round

Take a look at the teams .Only team there not a playoff team was New Orleans. The other non playoff teams draft too high to take him in the first

San Francisco 49ers trade up
Atlanta Falcons trade up,
New England Patriots trade up ,
Kansas City Chiefs trade up from 2nd round,
New Orleans Saints no
Detroit Lions trade up from 2nd round,
Cincinnati Bengals no ,
Cleveland Browns trade up from 2nd round ,
Minnesota Vikings no ,
Denver Broncos no
Indianapolis Colts no

Based on the teams that showed up he should be right in the mix (5 players Denver may consider at #28)
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:06 PM   #284
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,974
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
What? Is Price backing off the Moore love? Say it isn't so!
I'm not backing off. There's only 2 DE's I like in this draft to replace Dumervil (you know who they are). I watched Moore doing some stupid dance milliseconds before running the all star football challenge. At the end he said "It's all about swagger," or something dumb like that. SMH

The fact that we even have to go down this road is super-wack. I hate it. Like Rev said, losing Dumervil was idiotic. For me, they chose Welker over Dumervil. Only time will tell if it was a good decision. It was ballsy...I'll give it that. They turned me into a raving fanatic leading up to the draft...whereas we all should be in chill mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Totally disagree about Carradine being gone before 28

Running straight ahead doesn't prove his ACL is OK. He can't cut on it right now. Still has questions marks that why you see him ranked near the end of the 1st round
I'm sure he'll be fine....

Vikings would smell like roses if they could come out of the 1st round with Carradine and Te'o/Minter. They have #23 and #25 and were in attendance.

What the Broncos come out smelling like, remains to be determined. But they're going to need to burn some incense, and light a few scented candles to cover up the stench of losing Dumervil.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-20-2013 at 05:08 PM..
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:21 PM   #285
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer
 
SouthStndJunkie's Avatar
 
Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 16,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Totally disagree about Carradine being gone before 28

Running straight ahead doesn't prove his ACL is OK. He can't cut on it right now. Still has questions marks that why you see him ranked near the end of the 1st round

Take a look at the teams .Only team there not a playoff team was New Orleans. The other non playoff teams draft too high to take him in the first

San Francisco 49ers trade up
Atlanta Falcons trade up,
New England Patriots trade up ,
Kansas City Chiefs trade up from 2nd round,
New Orleans Saints no
Detroit Lions trade up from 2nd round,
Cincinnati Bengals no ,
Cleveland Browns trade up from 2nd round ,
Minnesota Vikings no ,
Denver Broncos no
Indianapolis Colts no

Based on the teams that showed up he should be right in the mix (5 players Denver may consider at #28)
Neither Kansas City or Cleveland have 2nd round draft picks.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:38 PM   #286
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,874

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I'm not backing off. There's only 2 DE's I like in this draft to replace Dumervil (you know who they are). I watched Moore doing some stupid dance milliseconds before running the all star football challenge. At the end he said "It's all about swagger," or something dumb like that. SMH

The fact that we even have to go down this road is super-wack. I hate it. Like Rev said, losing Dumervil was idiotic. For me, they chose Welker over Dumervil. Only time will tell if it was a good decision. It was ballsy...I'll give it that. They turned me into a raving fanatic leading up to the draft...whereas we all should be in chill mode.



I'm sure he'll be fine....

Vikings would smell like roses if they could come out of the 1st round with Carradine and Te'o/Minter. They have #23 and #25 and were in attendance.

What the Broncos come out smelling like, remains to be determined. But they're going to need to burn some incense, and light a few scented candles to cover up the stench of losing Dumervil.
I disagree that it was a "welker or doom" decision. It might look that way cause that's how things shook out, but I assume they figured they'd keep both
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:43 PM   #287
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Neither Kansas City or Cleveland have 2nd round draft picks.
Even more ammo/reasons why he will be around for a while and Denver will not have to trade up

KC will probably trade Albert for MIA 2nd round pick.

Clev may make another blockbuster with ALT
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #288
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,978
Default

Denver's contract offer at 11:00 am on that Friday was a restructure for 3 years $24 MM. Elvis didn't even come close to that after Faxgate. Elvis let personal feelings get in the way of a business decision and lost $MM's . It's the agent's job to take emotion out of the equation

He'll feel even worst after getting stoned by Broncos' OLine opening night
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 05:56 PM   #289
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,790
Default

i'm not a fan of drafting Carradine in the first. i'd rather have Werner or Moore.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:13 PM   #290
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 37,303

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Denver's contract offer at 11:00 am on that Friday was a restructure for 3 years $24 MM. Elvis didn't even come close to that after Faxgate. Elvis let personal feelings get in the way of a business decision and lost $MM's . It's the agent's job to take emotion out of the equation

He'll feel even worst after getting stoned by Broncos' OLine opening night
BOY WE SURE SHOWED HIM, HUH?

*ignores gaping hole at DE and in locker room*

TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:16 PM   #291
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I may be in the vast minority here.. But I have concerns about the crop of DEs from the draft and how impactful they will be..

I still really like my idea of drafting more of a rush linebacker for pass rushing downs..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #292
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,091

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
BOY WE SURE SHOWED HIM, HUH?

*ignores gaping hole at DE and in locker room*

We have not showed him, YET

When DEN hoists the Lombardi without him next year, and we beat them twice, once to open the season and in the playoffs, next year. Then, Then my friend Den will have shown him
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:20 PM   #293
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,936

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
Denver's contract offer at 11:00 am on that Friday was a restructure for 3 years $24 MM. Elvis didn't even come close to that after Faxgate. Elvis let personal feelings get in the way of a business decision and lost $MM's . It's the agent's job to take emotion out of the equation

He'll feel even worst after getting stoned by Broncos' OLine opening night
So what? We just lost 11 sacks because we were dickering over 2m. That's a slightly bigger problem.
__________________


BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #294
Mediator12
OM analyst
 
Mediator12's Avatar
 
Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: INDY
Posts: 10,091

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I may be in the vast minority here.. But I have concerns about the crop of DEs from the draft and how impactful they will be..

I still really like my idea of drafting more of a rush linebacker for pass rushing downs..
Nope, been on that bandwagon for awhile now.

Hell, let's be honest here. Dumervil is a PRS, and has always been pathetic at playing the run. The only guy worse is Freeney, so PRS from the draft would be just fine with me.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #295
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Tank Carradine - DL - Player

Multiple league sources tell CBS Sports' Rob Rang that NFL teams will likely have to keep Florida State DE Tank Carradine (ACL surgery) from participating fully until training camp or later.
Carradine tore the ACL in late November, so by training camp he'll be only eight months removed. Teams would be smart to play it safe with Carradine to avoid a re-tear of the knee ligament ala Ryan Broyles last year. Rang reports that Carradine's forty time at Saturday's Pro Day workout was actually 4.93, not the 4.75 reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer. Nevertheless, his recovery has been impressive. Carradine could be a steal if he falls to day two.

We better trade up for him. ZERO chance he falls to us at all
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #296
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Nope, been on that bandwagon for awhile now.

Hell, let's be honest here. Dumervil is a PRS, and has always been pathetic at playing the run. The only guy worse is Freeney, so PRS from the draft would be just fine with me.
I don't want to take this player from the first round.. I would prefer a mid round situational pass rusher, 2nd - 4th range..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #297
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Tank Carradine - DL - Player

Multiple league sources tell CBS Sports' Rob Rang that NFL teams will likely have to keep Florida State DE Tank Carradine (ACL surgery) from participating fully until training camp or later.
Carradine tore the ACL in late November, so by training camp he'll be only eight months removed. Teams would be smart to play it safe with Carradine to avoid a re-tear of the knee ligament ala Ryan Broyles last year. Rang reports that Carradine's forty time at Saturday's Pro Day workout was actually 4.93, not the 4.75 reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer. Nevertheless, his recovery has been impressive. Carradine could be a steal if he falls to day two.

We better trade up for him. ZERO chance he falls to us at all
!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #298
CEH
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 3,978
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
So what? We just lost 11 sacks because we were dickering over 2m. That's a slightly bigger problem.
So Denver will be stoned and not get any sacks from the RDE? Pretty sure they will

Even if Denver cuts the sacks in half from the RDE 47 will still rank right up there with the best totals in the NFL

Be interesting to see how many sacks Elvis got with the score within 7 points

My guess maybe 4

Elvis made $18MM last year for 11 sacks and zero impact in the playoff game

more than any other defensive player in the league other than Freeney

Last edited by CEH; 04-20-2013 at 06:33 PM..
CEH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:30 PM   #299
SoCalBronco
Nixonite
 
SoCalBronco's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Arcadia, CA
Posts: 35,936

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEH View Post
So Denver will be stoned and not get any sacks from the RDE? Pretty sure they will

Even if Denver cuts the sacks in half from the RDE 47 will still rank right up there with the best totals in the NFL
We are in short term win mode. So we need all key personnel...especially pass rushers. There is no need to dick around over a couple million and jeopardize the SB run. That's just dumb. It's not just sacks....it's pressures and forcing the offense to balance out the pass protection schemes. Now they can focus just on Von.
__________________


BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:31 PM   #300
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,790
Default

i think most of that comes from the NFL becoming more nickel on D due to passing.
i think the DE's in the draft will be fine but the bigger question is against the run.

not many of them will be 3 down lineman off the bat. but that's to be expected as it takes most DE's 2-3 years into their career before they are stout against the run.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:03 PM.


Denver Broncos