The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-19-2013, 10:54 PM   #51
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
If this happens I would go Requiem on the board.

The opinions of draft analysts vary widely on Bell, who left MSU as the seventh-leading rusher in school history despite playing only three seasons. ESPN draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. predicts Bell will be drafted in the third or fourth round.

Joyner says Bell is overrated because while he gains a lot of yards after contact, he does so because he isn't fast enough to avoid contact.

"This showed up in the four games the Spartans played against teams that ended the season ranked in the top 25 in rushing yards allowed per game last season," Joyner writes. "In those contests, Bell carried the ball 89 times and gained only 332 yards, totals that equate to a mediocre 3.7 yards per carry."

From The Detroit News: http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...#ixzz2QqIv8pXV

I'm sure this is going to only get worse in the NFL.
Pretty damn idiotic analysis right there. Top 25 run defenses are going to hold most running backs to sub-par numbers, especially if they are running behind a mediocre line like Bell was.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:20 AM   #52
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Arthur Brown - LB - Player

NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline has heard from "several people on the inside" that Kansas State LB Arthur Brown is a "definite" first-round pick.
Pauline suggests Brown's first-round presence would knock Notre Dame's Manti Te'o and/or LSU's Kevin Minter into the second frame. Brown is definitely a better player than Te'o, and he is more explosive than Minter. He's a prime candidate to be drafted at all of the spots popularly suggested for Te'o: The Giants at No. 19, Bears at 20, Vikings at Nos. 23 and 25, and Ravens at 32d overall.
I'm a big fan of Arthur Brown....I think he'll be an impact player in the NFL.

I'm not concerned about his size....he's just big enough and he plays big for his size.

Last edited by SouthStndJunkie; 04-20-2013 at 01:24 AM..
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:23 AM   #53
Durango
Ring of Famer

Woodsman

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-in-the-draft/

Bill Polian says Landry Jones is the best QB in the draft
That is absolutely looney. I respect Polian but Jones is Brodey Croyle 2.0. What on earth is he thinking?
Durango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:05 AM   #54
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
That is absolutely looney. I respect Polian but Jones is Brodey Croyle 2.0. What on earth is he thinking?
Polian jumped the shark several years ago as a talent evaluator. The crap he pulled in INDY is legendary, and his draft record shows that. The real genius was Tom Telesco and lo and behold he is now the Chargers GM. Not Good.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 AM   #55
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Eric Fisher - T - Player

Sources tell NFL Draft insider Tony Pauline that "several" Chiefs position coaches prefer Central Michigan LT Eric Fisher over Texas A&M LT Luke Joeckel.
GM John Dorsey says the team has narrowed the No. 1 pick down to four players, and both Joeckel and Fisher are likely in the mix. Unfortunately for Chiefs assistants, position coaches don't determine who gets picked on draft day. That'll be up to Dorsey and Andy Reid, and they're more likely to take Joeckel.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:35 AM   #56
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Teams trying to trade down

KC
Oak
Det
Clev
Buf
Chi

Teams looking to move up

SD
Mia
Atl
SF

A list that I found from another board.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:24 AM   #57
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Polian jumped the shark several years ago as a talent evaluator. The crap he pulled in INDY is legendary, and his draft record shows that. The real genius was Tom Telesco and lo and behold he is now the Chargers GM. Not Good.
this is why i have to do a WTF double take at what he says sometimes.
all he ever talks about is he and Dungy's philosophy that you had to take a impact area player over a guy like a stud OL or DT.
QB,DE,WR is all he ever ranks highly and talks about as impact players.
the OL,DT and the meat and potatoes of the team gets passed over and ****ted on by him.

he barely wanted to say he'd have to take a OT #1 the other day and looked in pain when he said it.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:56 AM   #58
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Teams trying to trade down

KC
Oak
Det
Clev
Buf
Chi

Teams looking to move up

SD
Mia
Atl
SF

A list that I found from another board.
I think the saints are willing to trade down if the 3 tackles and Jones are gone.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #59
Bmore Manning

I hate Bill Polian. Peyton would have won several SBs with a regime like this incredible one in Denver!
Old 04-20-2013, 12:24 PM   #60
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I hate Bill Polian. Peyton would have won several SBs with a regime like this incredible one in Denver!
Bill Polian should never again run an NFL team. that team was a damn joke. Luck helped out a lot with that team and lifting it up last season.
but that roster was a joke. i love Franchise QB's, but no way should a franchise ever go from SB contender to #1 overall pick from one injury.
the roster should be balanced enough to absorb that hit. but he didn't even bother to draft a legit back up for Peyton even after 3 neck surgeries.

how stupid can you be?
Old 04-20-2013, 12:26 PM   #61
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
Lol... say what you want but Jones is better QB than Croyle in his sleep.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #62
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Hot news out of the Twin Cities is that the Vikings are fielding offers for their first round selections in order to gain ammunition for the Jadeveon Clowney sweepstakes in next years draft. Makes sense with Allen's age and the use of another dynamic end opposite of him.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #63
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Bill Polian should never again run an NFL team. that team was a damn joke. Luck helped out a lot with that team and lifting it up last season.
but that roster was a joke. i love Franchise QB's, but no way should a franchise ever go from SB contender to #1 overall pick from one injury.
the roster should be balanced enough to absorb that hit. but he didn't even bother to draft a legit back up for Peyton even after 3 neck surgeries.

how stupid can you be?
There surely was no balance.. He struck out on pick after pick, after pick.. Really it was Peyton that carried his sorry ass and that weak team..the team had the vulnerability up the middle every year, and he just never addressed it. He also was horrible with contracts..I crossed my fingers KC wanted him as GM, before Andy Reid became HC.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:38 PM   #64
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Hot news out of the Twin Cities is that the Vikings are fielding offers for their first round selections in order to gain ammunition for the Jadeveon Clowney sweepstakes in next years draft. Makes sense with Allen's age and the use of another dynamic end opposite of him.
This is interesting.. I wonder what the asking price is..
Old 04-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #65
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ssive-workout/

Tank Carradine boosts draft stock with impressive workout
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #66
Rmac15

Quote:

Good, i don't want any chance for him to be there at the 28th pick, personally i think he is overrated.
Old 04-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #67
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Lol... say what you want but Jones is better QB than Croyle in his sleep.
eh, i watched Croyle a lot of Bama. i was never high on him as a NFL guy.
but Jones is about the same as him as a prospect. the question is will a team develop him properly.
he needs to sit for 2-3 years and develop behind a really good QB. he also is going to be one of those types who needs the team around him to be really good.
some guys can carry a team and elevate them as a franchise QB, other guys need everything around them to be good as a franchise QB.

Quote:
if i'm Minny or any team wanting him. i hope and pray to whatever i believe in that next years QB class is hella sick at the top of the draft, i make moves to acquire a ton of picks and moveable assets and then i do the same thing Atlanta did to get Julio Jones.
traded whatever isn't needed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
There surely was no balance.. He struck out on pick after pick, after pick.. Really it was Peyton that carried his sorry ass and that weak team..the team had the vulnerability up the middle every year, and he just never addressed it. He also was horrible with contracts..I crossed my fingers KC wanted him as GM, before Andy Reid became HC.
i have never seen a QB affect offense,defense,special teams,coaching & the draft like Manning did when he went down.
it's just so crazy to think that at one point he carried that team to 2 consecutive super bowls. how the **** did he accomplish this?

Quote:

i just can't get on that train, one year wonders worry me.
i can deal with a guy who was a starter and then it clicked late, but guys who were back ups and then burst on the scene worry me.
he's very talented though and seized the opportunity.

personally though, if we take a DE from FSU i want Werner or to take Jenkins later in the draft.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #68
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Carradine really isn't a one year wonder. He was a JUCO standout, played well as a junior behind Werner and Jenkins and stepped in for Brandon when he was out with his lis franc injury. He is a highly capable player who just had to play behind two superb players at FSU.

Werner isn't the kind of guy we need. He is not a premier pass rusher. Over half of his sacks came in two games and he had another solid outing at the end of the season to push those numbers. It isn't consistent production in that department.

Jenkins pre-injury is the best pass rusher FSU had, Carradine #2 and then Werner. JMO and I've watched most all Seminoles games over the past 5 years.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #69
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Kyle Long - G - Player

Oregon G/T Kyle Long admitted at the Combine to "chemical dependency" earlier in his college career.
Long has discussed his past issues publicly, too. He originally committed to Florida State as a southpaw pitcher, but left after a DUI, didn't attend college in 2009, and spent 2010-2011 at community college before playing one season at Oregon. "He has been arrested, been in rehab and is supposedly clean, supposedly been two years since he took drugs," said one NFL scout. "He could be a first-rounder athletically, but it's just all the baggage off the field."

D.J. Fluker - T - Player

"Several scouts" around the NFL have expressed concerns about Alabama RT D.J. Fluker's "study and work habits."
"Great kid, but you don't want him doing your taxes," said one scout. Another scout compared Fluker to a stronger, more competitive version of Bryan Bulaga, but "maybe not as smart." Fluker bounced around three high schools because his family was forced out of New Orleans due to Hurricane Katrina. It's not surprising he may be learning-deficient. We still like Fluker to be a top-12 pick.

Terron Armstead - T - Player

At least one NFL team has "major reservations" about Arkansas-Pine Bluff OT Terron Armstead's back.
We knew Armstead played the entire 2012 season with a sprained AC joint in his shoulder, but had heard nothing of back woes. The shoulder injury is routine and fixable, but back problems can be very concerning for offensive linemen (see Marcus McNeill, Sam Baker, Chris Samuels, and many more.) If multiple teams have a medical red flag on Armstead, he could fall in the draft.

Chris Harper - WR - Player

Kansas State's Chris Harper recorded the highest Wonderlic intelligence test among receivers at the Combine, registering a 33 out of 50.
The fact is more interesting than indicative of NFL success, but it's another feather in the cap of an underrated pro prospect. Harper is a big (6-foot-1, 229), physical run-after-catch receiver with strong hands. He projects as a third- or fourth-round pick, but could develop into a quality No. 2/possession threat.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #70
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Carradine really isn't a one year wonder. He was a JUCO standout, played well as a junior behind Werner and Jenkins and stepped in for Brandon when he was out with his lis franc injury. He is a highly capable player who just had to play behind two superb players at FSU.

Werner isn't the kind of guy we need. He is not a premier pass rusher. Over half of his sacks came in two games and he had another solid outing at the end of the season to push those numbers. It isn't consistent production in that department.

Jenkins pre-injury is the best pass rusher FSU had, Carradine #2 and then Werner. JMO and I've watched most all Seminoles games over the past 5 years.
You know that I like both Carradine and Jenkings from what I have learned from checking into them for the mock draft. Maybe I'm off here but, I think Werner has the better chance of becoming a better DE. I know he has issues in the run game now even though I see those as correctable problems with more time developing. I could see years one and two of him being a 4 to 6 sack a year guy, then in year three him becoming a 9 to 12 sack a year guy.

Really if we could land either one of those three in the draft I would be happy as hell though.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 04-20-2013 at 06:20 PM..
Old 04-20-2013, 03:21 PM   #71
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Atta boy Harper.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:25 PM   #72
OrangeWon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post

i just can't get on that train, one year wonders worry me.
i can deal with a guy who was a starter and then it clicked late, but guys who were back ups and then burst on the scene worry me.
he's very talented though and seized the opportunity.

personally though, if we take a DE from FSU i want Werner or to take Jenkins later in the draft.
I'm not sure how he is a one year wonder? He was the No. 1 JUCO DE. You can take that however you wish. It wasn't like he was riding the pine somewhere for two years. He had very good stats from 2011(31 tackles 5.5 sacks 8 tfl) playing behind Werner and Jenkins. As a starter he increased those numbers in 2012(63.5 tackles 11 sacks 13 tfl). I think that he was just overshadowed by more established players when he arrived at FSU.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:07 PM   #73
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeWon View Post
I'm not sure how he is a one year wonder? He was the No. 1 JUCO DE. You can take that however you wish. It wasn't like he was riding the pine somewhere for two years. He had very good stats from 2011(31 tackles 5.5 sacks 8 tfl) playing behind Werner and Jenkins. As a starter he increased those numbers in 2012(63.5 tackles 11 sacks 13 tfl). I think that he was just overshadowed by more established players when he arrived at FSU.
he was still a back up and rotational player before a injury allowed him to have a nice season. still a one year wonder.

Jenkins pre-injury is the best DE on the noles, Werner #2, Werner to me has a much higher ceiling and better skill set to be a every down DE.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:24 PM   #74
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Tank Carradine - DL - Player

Multiple league sources tell CBS Sports' Rob Rang that NFL teams will likely have to keep Florida State DE Tank Carradine (ACL surgery) from participating fully until training camp or later.
Carradine tore the ACL in late November, so by training camp he'll be only eight months removed. Teams would be smart to play it safe with Carradine to avoid a re-tear of the knee ligament ala Ryan Broyles last year. Rang reports that Carradine's forty time at Saturday's Pro Day workout was actually 4.93, not the 4.75 reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer. Nevertheless, his recovery has been impressive. Carradine could be a steal if he falls to day two.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #75
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Tank Carradine - DL - Player

Multiple league sources tell CBS Sports' Rob Rang that NFL teams will likely have to keep Florida State DE Tank Carradine (ACL surgery) from participating fully until training camp or later.
Carradine tore the ACL in late November, so by training camp he'll be only eight months removed. Teams would be smart to play it safe with Carradine to avoid a re-tear of the knee ligament ala Ryan Broyles last year. Rang reports that Carradine's forty time at Saturday's Pro Day workout was actually 4.93, not the 4.75 reported by the Cincinnati Enquirer. Nevertheless, his recovery has been impressive. Carradine could be a steal if he falls to day two.
oh hell no, not in the first round.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: