The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 04:38 PM   #401
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
So married couples that aren't ready for children should practice abstinence?
Married couples not emotionally ready for babies aren't ready for marraige. Killing your child because you think you cant afford it or want to wait until you get to go to Cabo San Lucas one more time is repugnant. Think about that before you have unprotected sex.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #402
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
9000 rape pregnancies and 100 thousand cases of incest a yr huh?
There are no hard stats on either, but some studies suggest considerably higher numbers.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/10/13/us...abortions.html

http://articles.latimes.com/2012/aug...cated-20120822
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 04:56 PM   #403
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,904

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Married couples not emotionally ready for babies aren't ready for marraige. Killing your child because you think you cant afford it or want to wait until you get to go to Cabo San Lucas one more time is repugnant. Think about that before you have unprotected sex.
How about the married couples who can't financially afford it.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:42 PM   #404
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Married couples not emotionally ready for babies aren't ready for marraige. Killing your child because you think you cant afford it or want to wait until you get to go to Cabo San Lucas one more time is repugnant. Think about that before you have unprotected sex.
Have kids?

Ever hear of contraceptive failure?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:45 PM   #405
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
How about the married couples who can't financially afford it.
I know this sounds crazy, but why not assume personal responsibility for your actions? It's amazing how the act of sexual intercourse sometimes leads to sexual reproduction. It's what some people might call a consequence. Or give the baby away to any number of people looking to adopt. You know, instead of destroying a fetus that if left to its own devices likely becomes a person in the future.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:49 PM   #406
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Have kids?

Ever hear of contraceptive failure?
My firstborn came along in such a way. Happened during my surgical residency when I thought I could least afford (literally and figuratively) becoming a parent. Best thing to ever happen to me.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #407
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
My firstborn came along in such a way. Happened during my surgical residency when I thought I could least afford (literally and figuratively) becoming a parent. Best thing to ever happen to me.
Others aren't so lucky.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #408
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
I know this sounds crazy, but why not assume personal responsibility for your actions?
Is using contraceptives an indication of irresponsibility?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 05:54 PM   #409
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Is using contraceptives an indication of irresponsibility?
No, but snuffing out a future person for financial inconvenience does. And there is no contraceptive that is 100% effective.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:00 PM   #410
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
So married couples that aren't ready for children should practice abstinence?
Nope....they should however be responsible for the life they created.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:07 PM   #411
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
How about the married couples who can't financially afford it.
Like he stated, then they're not ready for marriage.....but I can think of many many things you can do to "financially afford" a child vs. killing the child. Guess giving up Direct TV or stopping their eating out is too much of a burden, huh?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #412
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Is using contraceptives an indication of irresponsibility?
Yep some people will have to have babies earlier then they wanted. But the flip side is sanctioning murder and thats not right.

Its all of you on the hook for the million babies slaughtered every yr. No wonder liberals don't believe in God, how else could you live with yourselves?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:03 PM   #413
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
You're clearly not as smart as you think you are. You lack the ability to think critically. This isn't that difficult. To wit: if abortion laws/restrictions don't reduce the number of abortions, but instead only make them less safe (as in more Gonsells), what have we gained? We just feel better about ourselves?

Beavis, I'm just showing you how simple devil's advocacy destroys your facile argument.
You have a pretty ironic view on the effect of legal bans. Apply your logic to just about any liberal cause du jour and its pretty clear you're walking a contradiction.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:06 PM   #414
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Is a miscarriage involuntary manslaughter?
No. I've been there. We would've given up everything we owned to undo it.

But non-dumb****s already understand that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:19 PM   #415
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,943

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
It's more than a lifestyle. That you dismiss the seriousness of properly raising a child with such a glib remark is telling.
The vast majority of abortions are because of lifestyle, nothing more. Simply because it's a fact doesn't mean I'm glib about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
At what point is a fertilized egg a "someone"? That very instant?
Life begins at conception. Killing an embryo is done for one reason and one reason only--to stop the birth of another person. If a woman becomes pregnant by mistake, why is the baby killed? If two people commit a mistake, why is the third person killed?

You cannot defend this. No sane and rational person can. Therefore, you will justify this murder by calling the baby a "zygote". Just like like Dr. Mengele called his victoms "subjects." Lots of things can be justified if you dehumanize the victom.

Or, you will simply state the obvious, that you don't value human life. For many liberal extemists, human life is no more valuable than that of any other animal, which again, gives you justification for murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Why?
Typical response from the left. You complain about not having solutions and I offer a solution and you say "why?" like what I've proposed will change nothing. Then you argue things like more gun laws and justify this by saying "if it saves one life is it not worth it?"

So which is it? I've offered a solution that can possible save millions of lives. It's not perfect and of course you will still have your back alley Gosnells around, but it's better than 56 million state sanctioned murders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Abortion may be the least worst. Do you disagree?
Obviously I disagree. Abortion has been abused by our society. IMHO, we as a civilized society should do whatever it takes to "protect the innocent and those who cannot speak for themselves, nor protect themselves" like unborn children and the mentally handicapped and the elderly, etc.

The liberals justify state-sanctioned murder on a massive scale. 56 million abortions and counting. It's only a matter of time before these same "enlightened" people justify post birth abortion or infanticide. It's only a matter of time before these same "enlightened" people justify killing off those born with birth defects. It's only a matter of time before embryos are engineered to exact designer specifications or aborted because the mom doesn't like the color of the eyes (Welcome Dr. Mengele). It's only a matter of time before our "free" and "just" society terminates mentally and physically handicap because "they aren't wanted" just like all these 56 million babies "aren't wanted." Hey, it's just a choice to kill these less-than-human humans, right?

Welcome to paradise.

Last edited by Tombstone RJ; 04-18-2013 at 01:22 PM..
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:27 PM   #416
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
You cannot defend this. No sane and rational person can.
Just curiuos as to why despite your opinion on this it's been the law of the land since 1973. That's 40 years of something indefensible being the law. Is the Supreme Court not "sane and rational"?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:33 PM   #417
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,943

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
and yet the right wants to cut funding for planned parenthood which provides birth control. baffling.
I'd have no problem giving PP money if all it was doing is handing out rubbers. I'd give PP a lot more money if what they did was provide the mothers of unplanned babies with financial aid and as a de facto adoption service. But they are the nations largest abortion provider and they are funded by the federal government, hence my belief their federal funding is unwarrented and tantamount to state-sanctioned murder. Very Nazi like.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:34 PM   #418
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,943

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Just curiuos as to why despite your opinion on this it's been the law of the land since 1973. That's 40 years of something indefensible being the law. Is the Supreme Court not "sane and rational"?
The Supreme Court made a mistake. It's happened before, it will happen again. They are human.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #419
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Just curiuos as to why despite your opinion on this it's been the law of the land since 1973. That's 40 years of something indefensible being the law. Is the Supreme Court not "sane and rational"?

sure....Dred Scott says hello
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:55 PM   #420
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Just curiuos as to why despite your opinion on this it's been the law of the land since 1973. That's 40 years of something indefensible being the law. Is the Supreme Court not "sane and rational"?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen...jority_Opinion

Quote:
The majority argued that the First Amendment protects associations of individuals in addition to individual speakers, and further that the First Amendment does not allow prohibitions of speech based on the identity of the speaker. Corporations, as associations of individuals, therefore have speech rights under the First Amendment. Because spending money is essential to disseminating speech, as established in Buckley v. Valeo, limiting a corporation's ability to spend money is unconstitutional because it limits the ability of its members to associate effectively and to speak on political issues.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:03 PM   #421
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,739
Default

Heya Tombstone RJ...

Are these two identical?



W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:13 PM   #422
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Heya Tombstone RJ...

Are these two identical?



You missed a spot.

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:17 PM   #423
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
You missed a spot.
Do you believe a zygote is a baby?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:37 PM   #424
BroncoBeavis
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Do you believe a zygote is a baby?
No. Not that it matters. An adult isn't a baby either.

Yet all are human.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #425
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
No. Not that it matters. An adult isn't a baby either.

Yet all are human.
How is a clump of cells "human"?

*Potential* human.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DeLay: Illegal immigrants fill jobs that aborted babies can't Spider War, Religion and Politics Thread 7 04-18-2013 09:23 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:19 AM.


Denver Broncos