The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 12:55 AM   #51
Mr Chatterboodamn
Perennial Pro-bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cory Boyd

scott grounded his club in hazard fronting the 13th green
Mr Chatterboodamn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 AM   #52
jonny1
Ahhh, football!

Broncos' cheerleaders rule!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Bet we'll be seeing a sooner rather than later implementation of the no-anchoring rule now.
jonny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:08 AM   #53
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny1 View Post
Bet we'll be seeing a sooner rather than later implementation of the no-anchoring rule now.
We might see that but I don't see a need for it. Only weak putters outside of Web Simpson use one. If it is so much of an advantage then everyone would use one.
Old 04-15-2013, 11:47 AM   #54
jonny1
Ahhh, football!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
We might see that but I don't see a need for it. Only weak putters outside of Web Simpson use one. If it is so much of an advantage then everyone would use one.
The R&A and USGA already have made the rule, they are just waiting to implement it, initially 2015 I think, they had a 'listening to points of view' time period that just ended.

Adam Scott was known as a mediocre putter until he went to the long putter.

And to be honest, it did offend my sense of tradition some to see an anchored putter win the Masters.

But this completes the Grand Slam for anchored putters, that's why I think the ban will happen next year.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:01 PM   #55
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
The R&A and USGA already have made the rule, they are just waiting to implement it, initially 2015 I think, they had a 'listening to points of view' time period that just ended.

Adam Scott was known as a mediocre putter until he went to the long putter.

And to be honest, it did offend my sense of tradition some to see an anchored putter win the Masters.

But this completes the Grand Slam for anchored putters, that's why I think the ban will happen next year.
2016 and it only affects US and Brittish open as long as PGA tour opposes it which they have said they do oppose. It's stupid really since long putters have been around for 30 plus years.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:37 PM   #56
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Well putting wasn't exactly a big reason why Scott won. He missed a ton of putts out there.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #57
jonny1
Ahhh, football!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Kuper

Quote:
2016 and it only affects US and Brittish open as long as PGA tour opposes it which they have said they do oppose. It's stupid really since long putters have been around for 30 plus years.
I don't believe that is correct, my understanding is that it would be in force for all golf at all levels, any sort of competition, they would be banned.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #58
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

they are only banned at USGA and the RA Golf Club sanction events.

http://espn.go.com/golf/story/_/id/8...-ban-anchoring

Quote:
I don't believe that is correct, my understanding is that it would be in force for all golf at all levels, any sort of competition, they would be banned.
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #59
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Not exactly true. The R&A and USGA really only govern The Open, European Tour and the US Open. The PGA usually adopts their rules but they do have the right for maintaining the current set of rules for all PGA tour events, The PGA Championship and the US Team for the Ryder Cup. What would be very tricky to deal with is if the R&A has a rule in place to ban long putters while the PGA does not, the Ryder Cup would and could have some real complications coming.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:15 PM   #60
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Someone needs to remind Steve Williams that he's just a caddy.

Steve Williams: Tiger should have been disqualified!

http://espn.go.com/golf/masters13/st...lified-masters

"From what I can gather, he took an illegal drop, signed a scorecard and left the course," Williams told the television station. "Under most circumstances that would result in disqualification. ... If the rules of golf are upheld, I believe he should have been disqualified."
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:40 AM   #61
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Not at all. The USGA and R&A are completely separate entities from the PGA Tour. The US open is the only event on the PGA Tour that is sanctioned by the USGA. The PGA Tour makes, and enforces their own rules.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 10:41 AM   #62
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post

"From what I can gather, he took an illegal drop, signed a scorecard and left the course," Williams told the television station. "Under most circumstances that would result in disqualification. ... If the rules of golf are upheld, I believe he should have been disqualified."
Tiger should have been disqualified.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:24 AM   #63
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Just ordered these 2 days ago. Now the Broncos can dominate the course right along side me

Last edited by ZONA; 04-19-2013 at 11:50 AM..
Old 04-19-2013, 02:07 PM   #64
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post

What do you disagree with Willaims on? Don't just cherry pick that statement. He also said he didn't think Tiger tried to gain an advantage and that people from home shouldn't be able to call in violations after the fact. I agree 100 percent with what Williams said in that article.
Old 04-19-2013, 06:54 PM   #65
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
What do you disagree with Willaims on? Don't just cherry pick that statement. He also said he didn't think Tiger tried to gain an advantage and that people from home shouldn't be able to call in violations after the fact. I agree 100 percent with what Williams said in that article.
I fully disagree with the fact that he's saying anything at all. Sure, he arguably got screwed in the whole break-up with Tiger. Then again, he made millions of dollars carrying Tiger's bag for almost fifteen years! And at the end of the day, he's just a caddy!

He's always had a big mouth. And he's always seemed to perceive himself as being more important than he is. He whined that Phil Mickelson never paid him respect. When Adam Scott won the tournament (Bridgestone?) after hiring Williams, Williams declared it "the biggest victory I've ever had."

At some point, he just needs to reply, "No comment," when he's asked about Tiger (or about ANYTHING ELSE). It's good he's caddying for a guy who's uncannily humble. Anyone else would have canned him.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 08:26 PM   #66
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I don't want to get into the whole Tiger should or should not have been disqualified but I do want to comment on that silly rule that they allow folks to call in if they see a penalty missed. I think that is biased. For all the players that are not shown on TV, they have less chance to have anything like that happen because, well, hardly any of their shots will be on TV. The more popular players will be scrutinized much more since they get the majority of the camera time. Just a stupid ass thing they got going on there. If they need more officials to cover the tournament, get more. Don't allow John Doe sitting on the couch loaded to call in. Stupid.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #67
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I don't want to get into the whole Tiger should or should not have been disqualified but I do want to comment on that silly rule that they allow folks to call in if they see a penalty missed. I think that is biased. For all the players that are not shown on TV, they have less chance to have anything like that happen because, well, hardly any of their shots will be on TV. The more popular players will be scrutinized much more since they get the majority of the camera time. Just a stupid ass thing they got going on there. If they need more officials to cover the tournament, get more. Don't allow John Doe sitting on the couch loaded to call in. Stupid.
I wish I could have called the NFL during the Baltimore/Denver playoff game about some missed penalties....it's hard to believe that the PGA would actually allow people watching to call in and alter a tournament like that.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote