The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2013, 12:26 PM   #151
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Denver cannot afford to trade up, but I think there is a good chance Moore drops to Denver at 28, if he does they need to grab him unless someone else slides like a Rhodes, Richardson or Vaccaro.
You nailed the importance that the key is who will be available..
Old 04-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #152
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by phibacka31 View Post
I don't know why, but Tank is one of the few guys I DO NOT want to see in the first...

For me he is the ONE GUY I do not want to see in the first. I guess QB or TE would piss me off pretty good as well.

When it comes to tank, just say Nay!
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:29 PM   #153
R-Mac

I like Moore. I'm not a fan of relying too much on the Combine, I'd rather watch videos to determine if the guy can really play. Moore plays fast, he plays with strength and he plays hard. He's pedal to the metal on the field and that's what matters to me. His game speed is much better than that 40-yard dash. I see him chasing and tackling the WR 30 yards down the field, dropping in coverage, making his move faster than the offense, forcing fumbles. 17.5 tackles for loss in 2011, 21 in 2012. 26 career sacks. I'm much more worried about guys that lose leverage and take plays off despite looking like track stars. Give me a football player.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/0ap20...-Texas-A-and-M
Old 04-18-2013, 12:35 PM   #154
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Mac View Post
I like Moore. I'm not a fan of relying too much on the Combine, I'd rather watch videos to determine if the guy can really play. Moore plays fast, he plays with strength and he plays hard. He's pedal to the metal on the field and that's what matters to me. His game speed is much better than that 40-yard dash. I see him chasing and tackling the WR 30 yards down the field, dropping in coverage, making his move faster than the offense, forcing fumbles. 17.5 tackles for loss in 2011, 21 in 2012. 26 career sacks. I'm much more worried about guys that lose leverage and take plays off despite looking like track stars. Give me a football player.

The 2 things that get me about Moore is his lack of moves, he relies 100% on athletic ability and has almost 0 pass rush moves, he has no effective club or counter move and the fact that off the field he is a bit of a mess. I am not sure how he is going to handle being thrown in the deep end, he definitely has some ability, but I am not sure he can handle not having success and having to work at it.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #155
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I want Lattimore in Orange and Blue!!!

Because of visceral reactions like that one—from the guy who knows better because he actually repaired the knee—Lattimore understands why the speed of his recovery produces shock. He knows NFL G.M.'s are like everyone else who stopped and stared when they saw his knee floating on the outside of his leg. That day someone started a false rumor that Lattimore had broken his femur. Lattimore wants to make clear to anyone who saw his injury that nothing about him is broken. And for the team that has enough faith in Lattimore to draft him, he hopes to prove as much in September. "This is going to be a great story," Lattimore says. "I promise you that."
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:05 PM   #156
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Damontre Moore is similar athletically to Chandler Jones. Moore, however, is a far superior football player. New England traded up from #27 to #21 (in 2012) to select Jones, also giving up their 3rd round pick (#93). Picking Damontre Moore at #28 (even using a 4th to trade up) is the no-brainer of the century. Both Jones' and Moore's combine/pro day's were almost exactly the same...yet Moore gets slammed for it, while Jones (who was a relative unknown) rocketed up draft boards to the #21 overall pick. Something is awry in the chicken coop.

Chandler Jones - 6'053", 266 lbs., 4.77 forty, 7.07 three-cone, 22 bench reps, 35" vertical, 35.5" arm length
Stats: (as a 20 year old, Big East): 57 tackles, 9.5 TFL's, 4.0 sacks

Damontre Moore - 6'044", 250 lbs., 4.84 forty, 7.08 three-cone, 19 bench reps, 35.5" vertical, 34.75" arm length
Stats (as a 20 year old, SEC): 85 tackles, 21 TFL's, 12.5 sacks

Jones is no slouch in the production department, but Moore mopped the floor with him thoughout his college career.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-18-2013 at 02:12 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #157
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Damontre Moore is similar athletically to Chandler Jones. Moore, however, is a far superior football player. New England traded up from #27 to #21 (in 2012) to select Jones, also giving up their 3rd round pick (#93). Picking Damontre Moore at #28 (even using a 4th to trade up) is the no-brainer of the century. Both Jones' and Moore's combine/pro day's were almost exactly the same...yet Moore gets slammed for it, while Jones (who was a relative unknown) rocketed up draft boards to the #21 overall pick. Something is awry in the chicken coop.

Chandler Jones - 6'053", 266 lbs., 4.77 forty, 7.07 three-cone, 22 bench reps, 35" vertical, 35.5" arm length
Stats: (as a 20 year old, Big East): 57 tackles, 9.5 TFL's, 4.0 sacks

Damontre Moore - 6'044", 250 lbs., 4.84 forty, 7.08 three-cone, 19 bench reps, 35.5" vertical, 34.75" arm length
Stats (as a 20 year old, SEC): 85 tackles, 21 TFL's, 12.5 sacks

Jones is no slouch in the production department, but Moore mopped the floor with him.
Again, here's the all-encompassing thing you're missing:

Moore couldn't be bothered to get off his ass and PREPARE (at all, mind you) for the most important competitive event of his life. Why the **** would he every Sunday?

THAT IS WHY MOORE HAS FALLEN. ...justifiably so.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:15 PM   #158
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Again, here's the all-encompassing thing you're missing:

Moore couldn't be bothered to get off his ass and PREPARE (at all, mind you) for the most important competitive event of his life. Why the **** would he every Sunday?

Moore didn't prepare at all, yet his numbers are almost exactly the same as Jones.

Bench rep, schmench rep. Moore could only do 9 coming out of high school, yet still blasts the competition during games. He was even productive as a freshman. Some guys just got it (without ultimate fighter training).

Last edited by pricejj; 04-18-2013 at 02:20 PM..
Old 04-18-2013, 02:32 PM   #159
Bacchus

Quote:

I agree 100%, the guy knows how to play. He reminds me of myself in college. He isn't the biggest or strongest but he is quick and mean and MAKES PLAYS BEHIND the LOS. Some guys just know how to play. He'll get stronger when he gets to the NFL, that is easy. It is much easier to get stronger than to learn how to play the game and Moore already has that down.

It is harder to make plays behind the LOS than get sacks. Moore was very good at reading the play, penetrating, shedding blacks and getting to the RB before he got back to the LOS. That stuff is very hard to teach.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #160
Bacchus

I did hear there could be some character concerns on Moore IF that is the case then the Broncos might have to re-think him. I have no idea on that stuff, but just watch his game film and look at his stats and tell me how his 40 time matters.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #161
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

if Moore of Daton Jones falls to 28 and we're still there I would have no problem taking them.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:37 PM   #162
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

"Use the 4th, John".

Old 04-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #163
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Moore didn't prepare at all, yet his numbers are almost exactly the same as Jones.

Bench rep, schmench rep. Moore could only do 9 coming out of high school, yet still blasts the competition during games. He was even productive as a freshman. Some guys just got it (without ultimate fighter training).
Your man-love of Moore is getting a little creepy now. It's kid of like Bieber-Fever. Maybe you're a Moore-whore?
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:59 PM   #164
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
"Use the 4th, John".

I still don't get why youre convinced Damontre Moore is destined for the 23rd pick. Get over the trade up!
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #165
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhargrove View Post
Your man-love of Moore is getting a little creepy now. It's kid of like Bieber-Fever. Maybe you're a Moore-whore?
I wonder what Damontre thinks of Anne Frank
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:00 PM   #166
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:

No they're not... the size and speed are dramatically different in opposing directions.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #167
R-Mac

Quote:

Why do you think he did not prepare? It's just a bad 40-yard dash. It can happen even with preparation. Few days after the Combine, he improved his bench press to 19 reps on the Pro Day. Ansah did 21 reps. Moore just had a bad day at the Combine, and at least he did the bench press unlike other players that run away. Besides the 40-yard dash, his other tests beat the competition. 10'02" broad jump, 35 1/2 vertical ND 7.08 3-cone are excellent numbers. Better than Ansah's numbers.

And Moore played hard every year in college, he is not a lazy player or a one-year wonder that only decided to do something near the end to get paid. Why wouldn't he prepare and play hard on Sunday? He played hard every Saturday. He improved every year in tackles, tackles for loss and sacks. You don't see him taking plays off. I don't think Von Miller would support and mentor a guy that does not care about football.
Old 04-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #168
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
There is nothing odd about man-crushes, they are a healthy part of the Heterosexual male experience!
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #169
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Yoda disapproves of your disapproval.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I still don't get why youre convinced Damontre Moore is destined for the 23rd pick. Get over the trade up!
I think the "consensus" talking-head DE board is WAY off, and I think NFL GM's are not stupid to let Moore slide to #28. In fact, I think the Jets may take him at #9. Rex Ryan ain't dumb, and isn't afraid to take chances (Coples #16 in 2012).

Last edited by pricejj; 04-18-2013 at 03:26 PM..
Old 04-18-2013, 03:39 PM   #170
underrated29
Ahoy

You lika da sexy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Moore said that he looked up to miller and miller was sort of mentor to him. I think Von would keep his ass in check if he were to become a bronco. Just no tank please!
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #171
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I wonder what Damontre thinks of Anne Frank
"Who's that hoe!?"
Old 04-18-2013, 04:51 PM   #172
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Why do you think he did not prepare? It's just a bad 40-yard dash. It can happen even with preparation. Few days after the Combine, he improved his bench press to 19 reps on the Pro Day. Ansah did 21 reps. Moore just had a bad day at the Combine, and at least he did the bench press unlike other players that run away. Besides the 40-yard dash, his other tests beat the competition. 10'02" broad jump, 35 1/2 vertical ND 7.08 3-cone are excellent numbers. Better than Ansah's numbers.

And Moore played hard every year in college, he is not a lazy player or a one-year wonder that only decided to do something near the end to get paid. Why wouldn't he prepare and play hard on Sunday? He played hard every Saturday. He improved every year in tackles, tackles for loss and sacks. You don't see him taking plays off. I don't think Von Miller would support and mentor a guy that does not care about football.
Oh please. Must be one WILD coincidence that the tests that really exhibit preparation he failed miserably in.

He's an excellent on field player, for sure. But if natural talent were everything at the next level, Jamarcus Russell would be one of the best players in the game.

Sadly, you also need to prepare and be motivated to succeed.

Maybe Moore turns that aspect on. In fact, it's probably decently likely.

...but I'm not betting a first on him when other value will have slid/be available.
Old 04-18-2013, 05:09 PM   #173
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Oh please. Must be one WILD coincidence that the tests that really exhibit preparation he failed miserably in.

He's an excellent on field player, for sure. But if natural talent were everything at the next level, Jamarcus Russell would be one of the best players in the game.

Sadly, you also need to prepare and be motivated to succeed.

Maybe Moore turns that aspect on. In fact, it's probably decently likely.

...but I'm not betting a first on him when other value will have slid/be available.
Really? Cause I heard we were trading up for him! That is of course if the Jets don't take him at #9!
Old 04-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #174
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Really? Cause I heard we were trading up for him! That is of course if the Jets don't take him at #9!
Or 13 when they get that extra pick fro trading Revis.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #175
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Or 13 when they get that extra pick fro trading Revis.
!! Good old Price.. He brings excitement around here.