The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #1076
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
ouch, very telling about the state of the Avs. You have to start at the top with Kroenke, since he's bought the team the Avs have done nothing. Next you have to look at Pierre Lacroix and ask yourself what has happened to this guy? He was a fantastic GM but now he's a lousy President. Then look at Sacco and ask why does he still have a job? Usually the HC is to first to go after the team has been called out by the players for not giving a crap.

I think Kroenke is so wrapped up in the Nugz he could care less about the Avs. As long as the team is making $ I bet Kroenke could give a crap.
Well their bottom line has to be getting effected. I read attendance is now 26th out of 30 and they're the only team in the league who's TV ratings have declined from last year. I'd assume that merchandise sales are down too.

Heard Dater on the radio say that Lacroix doesn't even go to the games now.

But Kroenke is forgiven by me as long as he locks up Ujiri long term.
spdirty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #1077
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
ouch, very telling about the state of the Avs. You have to start at the top with Kroenke, since he's bought the team the Avs have done nothing. Next you have to look at Pierre Lacroix and ask yourself what has happened to this guy? He was a fantastic GM but now he's a lousy President. Then look at Sacco and ask why does he still have a job? Usually the HC is to first to go after the team has been called out by the players for not giving a crap.

I think Kroenke is so wrapped up in the Nugz he could care less about the Avs. As long as the team is making $ I bet Kroenke could give a crap.
what happened is that Lacroix was a top of the salary heap GM. that's where he thrived. he sign key FA's, make trades for big time guys and generally build through FA and trade.

he was never a real team builder type and his line of thinking did not change with the NHL rules. the Avs haven't really built from the ground up since Quebec. the real issue however is that he keeps hiring people who were formerly associated with the Avs either as a player, coach or front office guy.
he believes there is a "Avs way" of doing things.
this notion significantly shrinks the candidate pool and causes the issues we have today.

ever since Sherman and Pracey have taken over the day to day and drafting respectively the team has improved. but coming back from Gigure's reign as GM is no easy task.
however it's made far more arduous when you refuse to hire the best people who will cultivate and develop a winning mentality and culture and instead hire the people you like as former Avs lackeys.

Lacroix needs to go, Sherman is a solid GM but with Kroenke unwilling to spend on the Avs and Lacroix being shadow GM it's tough to improve.

Joe mother****ing Sacco... he shouldn't be an assistant coach much less a head coach in the NHL. he is about the dumbest SOB in the history of the game. he coaches a style of play that doesn't fit any of his players and continues to trot out ****ty defensive guys who play like rookies instead of playing Barrie,Elliot and EJ more. EJ is our best defenseman and he's barely top 3 in ice time for defensemen on our team.

Matt Hunwick,Greg Zanon,Shane O'Brien.... that's the answer to our D problems? yeah right.

Last edited by Lestat; 04-09-2013 at 06:27 PM..
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #1078
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
what happened is that Lacroix was a top of the salary heap GM. that's where he thrived. he sign key FA's, make trades for big time guys and generally build through FA and trade.

he was never a real team builder type and his line of thinking did not change with the NHL rules. the Avs haven't really built from the ground up since Quebec. the real issue however is that he keeps hiring people who were formerly associated with the Avs either as a player, coach or front office guy.
this notion significantly shrinks the candidate pool and causes the issues we have today.

ever since Sherman and Pracey have taken over the day to day and drafting respectively the team has improved. but coming back from Gigure's reign as GM is no easy task.
however it's made far more arduous when you refuse to hire the best people who will cultivate and develop a winning mentality and culture and instead hire the people you like as former Avs lackeys.

Lacroix needs to go, Sherman is a solid GM but with Kroenke unwilling to spend on the Avs and Lacroix being shadow GM it's tough to improve.

Joe mother****ing Sacco... he shouldn't be an assistant coach much less a head coach in the NHL. he is about the dumbest SOB in the history of the game. he coaches a style of play that doesn't fit any of his players and continues to trot out ****ty defensive guys who play like rookies instead of playing Barrie,Elliot and EJ more. EJ is our best defenseman and he's barely top 3 in ice time for defensemen on our team.

Matt Hunwick,Greg Zanon,Shane O'Brien.... that's the answer to our D problems? yeah right.
I haven't watched a game in a month. Done until big changes are made. I'm a die hard Avs fan but I have seen the same thing for 3 years and there has been ZERO improvement. We went from contending for Cups to contending for the #1 overall pick. Outside of a handful of players this organization is a ****in joke!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:12 AM   #1079
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
the real issue however is that he keeps hiring people who were formerly associated with the Avs either as a player, coach or front office guy.
The avs and Flyers are alot a like, we finally get rid of bobby clarke, only to get homer, and bring clarke back as an advisor.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 07:00 PM   #1080
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Jean-Sebastian Giguere could very well have crashed the Avs dreams of picking up Seth Jones.

Pffft. We're racing to the bottom of the league, and some filthy Frenchman has to come in and inspire the team.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:22 AM   #1081
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Jean-Sebastian Giguere could very well have crashed the Avs dreams of picking up Seth Jones.

Pffft. We're racing to the bottom of the league, and some filthy Frenchman has to come in and inspire the team.
we need to finish worst. it gives us no worse than the #2 pick that way. even better is the rumors that Florida wants Nathan MacKinnon at #1.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:11 AM   #1082
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:

I hear ya, philly had a 4 game win streak, which puts them right dead in the middle of no mans land, 7 points out of the play offs, and 7 points out of last

way to wreck an already useless season
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:06 AM   #1083
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Hey hey hey, the Canes win their first home game after losing 8 straight. We were getting closer and closer, maybe this means they are starting to discover their game. Now we can just play really well and lose out so we can say we tried.

Last edited by DivineLegion; 04-15-2013 at 09:53 AM..
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:19 AM   #1084
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Good news...Sid is back on the ice with the S&C coach. Come on Sid get back out there....don't let them steal what is rightfully yours.

SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:03 AM   #1085
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Good news...Sid is back on the ice with the S&C coach. Come on Sid get back out there....don't let them steal what is rightfully yours.
I bet MAF is getting quite antsy....you know with Syd's mouth being wired shut.....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 11:19 AM   #1086
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
I bet MAF is getting quite antsy....you know with Syd's mouth being wired shut.....
Zing!

So youre saying he liked looking at Sids pearly whites....amirite?

Last edited by SoCalBronco; 04-15-2013 at 11:26 AM..
Old 04-15-2013, 12:25 PM   #1087
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Zing!

So youre saying he liked looking at Sids pearly whites....amirite?
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:08 PM   #1088
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

I have Broncos season tickets and I try to make it out to at least one game a season for all the other Denver teams of note (Avalanche, Nuggets, Rockies, Rapids, DU Pioneers Hockey)...

So I decided to make it out for an Avs game against Edmonton this Friday. Should be a barnburner. Except not though.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:09 PM   #1089
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
The avs and Flyers are alot a like, we finally get rid of bobby clarke, only to get homer, and bring clarke back as an advisor.
Much like the Oilers. Fire MacTavish cause he was a ****ty coach, only to bring him back a few years later as GM.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:11 PM   #1090
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
I have Broncos season tickets and I try to make it out to at least one game a season for all the other Denver teams of note (Avalanche, Nuggets, Rockies, Rapids, DU Pioneers Hockey)...

So I decided to make it out for an Avs game against Edmonton this Friday. Should be a barnburner. Except not though.
The only Oilers game I went to this year, was against the Avs. It was actually one of the best games I've watched. Too bad it was February.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #1091
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
Much like the Oilers. Fire MacTavish cause he was a ****ty coach, only to bring him back a few years later as GM.
Edmonton has been stuck for a long time, they aren't competitive in free agency because of geography and they have consistently failed to throw money at a good coach/GM combination who can turn some of the all those super talented young players into studs.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #1092
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Very Moving....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzMsagY7oRs

Last edited by BroncosSR; 04-17-2013 at 09:25 PM..
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 09:35 PM   #1093
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Proud to say I was a part of that.....and it was getting really dusty in there by the end.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #1094
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Proud to say I was a part of that.....and it was getting really dusty in there by the end.
That's awesome you were there. I posted that video to Facebook. Stuff like this makes me proud to be an American!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:13 AM   #1095
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post
Boston will win the cup because of that.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #1096
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Boston will win the cup because of that.
...the bruins didn't even win that game.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:47 PM   #1097
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
...the bruins didn't even win that game.
Not to pile on or anything but how about Bobrovsky in Columbus.

Something with Philly and goalies, it's uncanny.

Boston has the tools to win the Cup but for whatever reason, they have something missing. Just like last year.

It looks like it can be a surprise team again; no one is really that impressive.

If I were the pens, I would be rooting hard for the rangers to miss. That's a nightmare scenario IMO; much like facing the flyers in round 1. If it's Winnipeg they draw, that's a cakewalk.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #1098
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
Not to pile on or anything but how about Bobrovsky in Columbus.

Something with Philly and goalies, it's uncanny.

Boston has the tools to win the Cup but for whatever reason, they have something missing. Just like last year.

It looks like it can be a surprise team again; no one is really that impressive.

If I were the pens, I would be rooting hard for the rangers to miss. That's a nightmare scenario IMO; much like facing the flyers in round 1. If it's Winnipeg they draw, that's a cakewalk.
Nope. We own the Rangers much in the same way the Flyers own us. Weve owned them for a few years now.

Old 04-19-2013, 08:31 AM   #1099
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

They're saying the Bs/Pens game tonight may get cancelled if they don't catch the brother soon.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #1100
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
They're saying the Bs/Pens game tonight may get cancelled if they don't catch the brother soon.
Game moved to tomorrow and our game tomorrow vs BUF moved to TUE.