The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #51
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
you can decriminalize possession and not run afoul. You can't though let people start producing it and taxing it without running afoul of international law.
You're all over the map on this, and aren't able to solidify any real stance or coherent idea.

This post was brought to you by Brawndo!*
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:33 PM   #52
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkemical View Post
You're all over the map on this, and aren't able to solidify any real stance or coherent idea.

This post was brought to you by Brawndo!*
Why? All i am saying is one reason a liberal like Obama may not like legalization is because marijunana is included in a lot of international agreements we have to battle drugs. Also he probably does think it won't be good for the overall health of the nation even though alcohol probably worst. I'm not all over the map i said that many drug trafficking treaties we have with the international community have marijuana listed along with other drugs. Do you deny that? because its a fact. My point is Obama probably doesn't want to deal with having to change those agreements just so weed can be legal at the fed level. Better and easier to just not enforce the law.

Thats why i like the idea of decriminalization over legalization. Its easier.

Also I don't like the idea of a huge surtax on weed or govt regulations no how strong it can be which is what they do when they get involved. Then my last point has always been the tax windfall wont be what legalization proponents think. I heard 100 billion a yr in one article lol.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #53
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Why? All i am saying is one reason a liberal like Obama may not like legalization is because marijunana is included in a lot of international agreements we have to battle drugs. Also he probably does think it won't be good for the overall health of the nation even though alcohol probably worst. I'm not all over the map i said that many drug trafficking treaties we have with the international community have marijuana listed along with other drugs. Do you deny that? because its a fact. My point is Obama probably doesn't want to deal with having to change those agreements just so weed can be legal at the fed level. Better and easier to just not enforce the law.

Thats why i like the idea of decriminalization over legalization. Its easier.

Also I don't like the idea of a huge surtax on weed or govt regulations no how strong it can be which is what they do when they get involved. Then my last point has always been the tax windfall wont be what legalization proponents think. I heard 100 billion a yr in one article lol.
So you want to keep the money flowing into the bank accounts of drug cartels. Splendid idea.

And what right does this or any government have to tell me what I can put in my own body as long as I'm not endangering anybody else?

F--k the international treaties. The entire war on drugs has got to go.

That's why I like the idea of legalization over decriminalization.
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:11 AM   #54
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Wait a minute Lone Bolt is saying the whole war on drugs should go fed. I thought no one was saying coke should also be legal? Sounds like Lone Bolt is.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:06 AM   #55
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Wait a minute Lone Bolt is saying the whole war on drugs should go fed. I thought no one was saying coke should also be legal? Sounds like Lone Bolt is.
The only substances that I'm in favor of continued prohibition are those that so severely impair judgment and alter behavior that the mere act of taking them seriously endangers others. PCP and maybe meth are in that category IMO.

All other substances should be legalized and regulated.

Yes IMO the war on drugs should be almost completely scrapped in favor of a harm-reduction model. Governments need to stop treating us like children.

Last edited by The Lone Bolt; 04-16-2013 at 11:09 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #56
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lone Bolt View Post
The only substances that I'm in favor of continued prohibition are those that so severely impair judgment and alter behavior that the mere act of taking them seriously endangers others. PCP and maybe meth are in that category IMO.

Yes IMO the war on drugs should be almost completely scrapped in favor of a harm-reduction model. Governments need to stop treating us like children.
how about acid, mushrooms, dmt, peyote?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #57
Rohirrim
Partisan

All hail Hercules!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:

Yep. It's a social issue. Making it a criminal issue is like trying to save a house with a termite problem by burning it down.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #58
nyuk nyuk

I'd like a pro-legalizer to explain to us how ending prohibition was a good thing.

I see nobody weighing the numbers of dead moonshiner gangs with what we've seen with legalization that's far worse: Over 10,000 dead drunken driving a year, alcohol-related violence, and alcohol-related diseases and deaths.

How on earth do a few thousand criminal gangsters shooting each other outweigh this?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:52 AM   #59
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
how about acid, mushrooms, dmt, peyote?
Legalize, legalize, legalize, legalize. I don't believe that any of those substances belong in the same category as PCP.

Now mind you, I'm not pro-substance abuse. I just recognize what you apparently don't: prohibition is a historically proven failure that has no effect on drug use. Education, regulation, and rehabilitation is what we need, not more prison cells.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #60
nyuk nyuk

^^ Those prison cells are primarily for the dealers. What's wrong with jailing drug dealers?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #61
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I'd like a pro-legalizer to explain to us how ending prohibition was a good thing.

I see nobody weighing the numbers of dead moonshiner gangs with what we've seen with legalization that's far worse: Over 10,000 dead drunken driving a year, alcohol-related violence, and alcohol-related diseases and deaths.

How on earth do a few thousand criminal gangsters shooting each other outweigh this?
So you want to bring back alcohol prohibition?
Old 04-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #62
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
So you want to bring back alcohol prohibition?
So you can't answer.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #63
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
^^ Those prison cells are primarily for the dealers. What's wrong with jailing drug dealers?
Indeed. So lets also imprison the CEOs of Anheuser-Busch and Philip Morris. Sound good?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #64
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
So you can't answer.
Oh I can answer. I'd just like you to clarify your position first.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:57 PM   #65
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Oh I can answer. I'd just like you to clarify your position first.
My points were stated, my questions were asked. Unfortunately the pro-drug crowd always respond with the same non sequitur "So you want to bring back prohibition, eh!!!"

Uh, no I'm saying let's not let another genie out of the bottle we can't put back in.

Now back to the topic at hand.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:53 PM   #66
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
My points were stated, my questions were asked. Unfortunately the pro-drug crowd always respond with the same non sequitur "So you want to bring back prohibition, eh!!!"

Uh, no I'm saying let's not let another genie out of the bottle we can't put back in.

Now back to the topic at hand.

So once again, to clarify, you are against reinstating alcohol prohibition, correct? Or are you? How about a clear, unambiguous statement on this.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #67
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:

Business growth, jobs, economy, curbing one level of illegal profiteering. We currently have a better American beer business than prior to prohibition. Also, Jesus would have ended prohibition.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:40 PM   #68
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
So you want Al Capone back? You want the Mafia getting rich again?

You want corruption of the police and the judicial system back?

You want loss of credibility for the law, because so many break it?

I figured you for an authoritarian police state type of person, and you've proven me right.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 03:29 PM   #69
orinjkrush

Hey, no hurling on the shell, dude,

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ben Garland

prohibition on most things never seems to work.

but we keep trying.
orinjkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:54 PM   #70
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

If I could and had the choice...I would much rather smoke than drink. I've never seen or heard of a violent stoner. I see more positives to making it fully legal than illegal.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote