The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 05:01 PM   #26
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
Don't forget our 2010 draft the got us Thomas, Decker, Beadles and Walton.
i try to block out all memories of the Tebow draft. i damn near broke my tv when we made that pick.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #27
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

#28 should be prime goods for somebody that wants to trade up for a faller. Happens every year, right? Of course, Elway's gonna have to look at the fallers also. But his team doesn't have many holes to fill, an angry fanbase, and it's a deep draft.

There's 2 teams with two first round picks. Minnesota has 23 and 25 (how did they get a #1 from Seattle?), Rams have 16 and 22. Those two could trade down or trade up and muddy the waters a bit. Should be a lot of movement in this draft after the top 10.

I can't figure out why people here are excited about Carradine or Lacy at #28. Forget it, not gonna happen.

There's really no telling what Elway will do until draft day. He probably doesn't know what he'll do, he has to wait and see how the board develops.
Cito Pelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:57 PM   #28
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

"Of course #10 is as good as #28."

Signed,
Broke Pat Bowlen
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #29
FearLanier

Depends on what you're looking for.

The 5 OT's, Dion Jordan, Kenny Vaccaro, Tavon Austin and Sheldon Richardson are all good prospects worth drafting IMO.

But the Broncos might be looking at a position like CB or S, which is going to be of fantastic value where they pick.
Old 04-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #30
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

If we do trade back then I certainly hope it's for a 2nd or high 3rd. Any lower and is probably think that picking at 28 would be the better play
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:40 PM   #31
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Minnesota has 23 and 25 (how did they get a #1 from Seattle?)

Percy Harvin trade
Old 04-14-2013, 09:58 PM   #32
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I don't think Denver needs to even consider moving up in the first round. I think a trade down with a team who wants Nassib or Manuel (if the Bills don't take Nassib Top 10) would be ideal, unless there is a guy they have so highly rated they cannot pass up.

The real value in this draft is going to be late first round through the top 75 picks. I think there are a lot of players in that area at positions of need who can really impact this team. I am hoping Denver can manage to get a few more picks somehow, or positions themselves better in rounds 2-4. We don't have a ton of huge needs, but we need to get more impact immediately from this class than what we did last year.

Derek Wolfe was a stud, but everyone else was just a marginal or low-key contributor.

No more Osweiler-esque picks and while Hillman could be great, we blew our loads moving up for guys when we probably didn't have to.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:36 PM   #33
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I don't think Denver needs to even consider moving up in the first round. I think a trade down with a team who wants Nassib or Manuel (if the Bills don't take Nassib Top 10) would be ideal, unless there is a guy they have so highly rated they cannot pass up.

The real value in this draft is going to be late first round through the top 75 picks. I think there are a lot of players in that area at positions of need who can really impact this team. I am hoping Denver can manage to get a few more picks somehow, or positions themselves better in rounds 2-4. We don't have a ton of huge needs, but we need to get more impact immediately from this class than what we did last year.

Derek Wolfe was a stud, but everyone else was just a marginal or low-key contributor.

No more Osweiler-esque picks and while Hillman could be great, we blew our loads moving up for guys when we probably didn't have to.
I think we might also get the team that moves back into the bottom of the 1st round to take Barkley or Bray in the first round. People might laugh, but it happens like clockwork. . . GM's reach for a QB in the low 20's.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:49 PM   #34
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Yeah I said that earlier. We are in the perfect spot for a team in the early second to move up and pick one of those QB's like Manuel, Nassib, Barkley, or whoever. I would do it again.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:52 PM   #35
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
I think we might also get the team that moves back into the bottom of the 1st round to take Barkley or Bray in the first round. People might laugh, but it happens like clockwork. . . GM's reach for a QB in the low 20's.
I'd so love this. Broncos are sitting at #28 and Geno Smith and or Barkley are still on the board (yes, this could happen, that's how bad these QBs are) and Elway says "make me an offer" and moves down from 28, and picks up another second round pick. All it takes is one player to drop and one team to move up.

As for players I'd be ok with the Broncos taking at 28, there's bound to be at least a few really good players just sitting there.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:00 PM   #36
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post

I can't imagine anybody trading up for EJ Manuel. There may be somebody stupid enough, though. Could be good for Denver. Yeah, there will be opportunities for Elway to trade down, how much he'll get for the #28 will only be clear on draft day.

There will be a good player at #28, but Denver only has a few holes to fill one of them being RDE. So I'm thinking if Damontre Moore falls, they'll grab him at 28. They won't have another chance until late 2nd, but they can move around. Gonna be interesting . . . .
Old 04-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #37
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I'd so love this. Broncos are sitting at #28 and Geno Smith and or Barkley are still on the board (yes, this could happen, that's how bad these QBs are) and Elway says "make me an offer" and moves down from 28, and picks up another second round pick. All it takes is one player to drop and one team to move up.

As for players I'd be ok with the Broncos taking at 28, there's bound to be at least a few really good players just sitting there.
It could happen. Chefs aren't taking him. I doubt the Jags take him at two (even though Blain Gabbert sucks monumental ass.) Maybe the Eagles snag him at 4, although I doubt that. So then it's Buffalo at 8 or Jets at 9. If they don't like him he falls to Bucs at 13. After that, maybe Minnesota pulls the trigger at 22 or 25, if they're willing to end the Christian Ponder experiment. But I doubt that. After that he gets to us (if someone hasn't already jumped up).
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:22 PM   #38
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Yeah I said that earlier. We are in the perfect spot for a team in the early second to move up and pick one of those QB's like Manuel, Nassib, Barkley, or whoever. I would do it again.
There's gonna be some fallers at a lot of positions, and Denver is in good position to either take one of them or trade. Depends on the value. I hope Elway gets good value for a trade down. If he stays at 28 the value I figure will be at ILB, RDE. Nothing else makes sense considering the FA moves.

RB can be grabbed later, DT is set, OLB is set, safety maybe at #28 as many folks have said.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:40 AM   #39
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
I can't imagine anybody trading up for EJ Manuel. There may be somebody stupid enough, though. Could be good for Denver. Yeah, there will be opportunities for Elway to trade down, how much he'll get for the #28 will only be clear on draft day.

There will be a good player at #28, but Denver only has a few holes to fill one of them being RDE. So I'm thinking if Damontre Moore falls, they'll grab him at 28. They won't have another chance until late 2nd, but they can move around. Gonna be interesting . . . .
As an FSU fan, I've been extremely critical of E.J. His accuracy was suspect earlier on in his career, he made some fumbles and terrible reads, but he did improve his last year. He won us a ton of games and played in an offense that has him prepped more for the NFL than most of the guys coming out of school (unlike Geno Smith) -- in addition to that, he has pretty good skills, is a leader and very smart.

He knows what to expect coming into the league and it sounds like he has interviewed well and impressed a lot of teams. He got invited to the draft. I'd be surprised if he is someone who will be sitting there for a long time. We will see though.

I don't think he should be drafted THAT high, but this is a terrible QB class and he is probably more pro-ready than a majority of them.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #40
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I can definitely see a team trading into our slot for a QB.

In fact, bottom of the first is where I expect a couple of them to go
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #41
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
No doubt I'm expecting a move down if anything. Convince me 13 draft isn't one of the worst drafts in 2000's
It's not an Elite draft at all, but that does NOT mean it isn't a quality draft. This is the deepest Draft through 4 rounds I have ever seen. Legit Starting level prospects who can come in right away and replace sub standard starters all over rosters.

What it does not have, is a ton of sure fire, can't miss all pros at the top of the draft in skill positions like QB, WR, RB, and DE. So, the Premium positions are lacking star power, but WR and DT are the deepest Classes I have ever seen and CB and Safety are extremely deep as well. The DB's in this draft are not Elite, but there are so many guys who can come in and play the #2 and #3 spots for teams and therefore get about 65% of the snaps on defense that there is no way you can say this is a poor draft overall.

You can say it lacks Elite players in the top 10 out side of the OL which has 5 of the Best prospects in years coming out though. It is a good year to restock and dump below average players who still are on rosters. It's a tremendous opportunity to build with young players and long term IMHO.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #42
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
It's not an Elite draft at all, but that does NOT mean it isn't a quality draft. This is the deepest Draft through 4 rounds I have ever seen. Legit Starting level prospects who can come in right away and replace sub standard starters all over rosters.

What it does not have, is a ton of sure fire, can't miss all pros at the top of the draft in skill positions like QB, WR, RB, and DE. So, the Premium positions are lacking star power, but WR and DT are the deepest Classes I have ever seen and CB and Safety are extremely deep as well. The DB's in this draft are not Elite, but there are so many guys who can come in and play the #2 and #3 spots for teams and therefore get about 65% of the snaps on defense that there is no way you can say this is a poor draft overall.

You can say it lacks Elite players in the top 10 out side of the OL which has 5 of the Best prospects in years coming out though. It is a good year to restock and dump below average players who still are on rosters. It's a tremendous opportunity to build with young players and long term IMHO.
I agree. I am also rock hard on the defensive tackle classes. Could be the best in a decade. It is just really out of this world. I am so anxious for the draft. I can't wait to see what we do!

Now that the OM Draft is over, I'm looking forward to hearing your thoughts on prospects and who you really like as fits for the team.
  • What do you think about Kevin Reddick?
  • Who is your favorite RB in this class for Denver?
  • Particular prospects at any position that you believe would fit well in our system?

THANKS IN ADVANCE MED.
Old 04-15-2013, 10:47 AM   #43
Rother8
Seasoned Veteran

Mhmugggggeeeee

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
CBS sports reports: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ey...10th-this-year

The fluff for the draft begins

Actually, agree wholeheartedly outside the OL available in this draft. There are five Elite OL, but no other Elite players at the top of this draft IMHO, so I totally agree with this statement.
This is a classic Elway sleight of hand. We're trading up now, it's official.
Rother8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:08 AM   #44
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
She's 16
So wait 1 or 2 years depending on the state, i'm in.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #45
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
So wait 1 or 2 years depending on the state, i'm in.
you sound like one of my old bosses when i made the comment that he was gonna go to jail for thinking about diddling a 16 year old that propositioned him.
he then went on to explain to me all the state laws and why it was completely legal for him to pork her senseless.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #46
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I'll never assume anything when QB's are being drafted. Nobody thought Ponder or Locker would go that high before draft. I do agree I HOPE a QB is available at 28 for trade.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #47
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:

Thanks for breakdown Med.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #48
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:

With this in mind, wouldn't the smart strategy then be:
1. Don't trade up unless the value is way lopsided in your favor(may not happen).
2. Trade back for more picks when the same quality of a player is certain to be had later on.
3. Draft BPA at position of need in early rounds.
4. Draft BPA at DT & WR in later rounds.

...or something like that.

Last edited by R8R H8R; 04-17-2013 at 01:22 AM..
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 01:03 AM   #49
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I'll never assume anything when QB's are being drafted. Nobody thought Ponder or Locker would go that high before draft. I do agree I HOPE a QB is available at 28 for trade.
the scariest thing is, with EJ Manuel being rumored as the QB target of the Bills if Geno doesn't fall. that could mean that the QB's start to get snapped up before #28. of course that also means some prospects will slide.

i expect 3-4 QB's to go first round. Smith high, a surprise high(Probably Manuel), Nassib in the late 20's and maybe Barkley late first.

which could leave Glennon,Bray,Scott,Wilson to be had in the 3rd or later. which would be good value for us to pick up one of them.
if we could grab Glennon in the 3rd i would be stoked. not that i want Oz to fail or anything, but he would give Oz competition and allow us to have a potential trade chip in the future.
someone has to be dumb enough to fork over a Kevin Kolb type package if we draft and develop another QB right.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:56 AM   #50
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
the scariest thing is, with EJ Manuel being rumored as the QB target of the Bills if Geno doesn't fall. that could mean that the QB's start to get snapped up before #28. of course that also means some prospects will slide.

i expect 3-4 QB's to go first round. Smith high, a surprise high(Probably Manuel), Nassib in the late 20's and maybe Barkley late first.

which could leave Glennon,Bray,Scott,Wilson to be had in the 3rd or later. which would be good value for us to pick up one of them. if we could grab Glennon in the 3rd i would be stoked. not that i want Oz to fail or anything, but he would give Oz competition and allow us to have a potential trade chip in the future. someone has to be dumb enough to fork over a Kevin Kolb type package if we draft and develop another QB right.
I'm not sure how many QBs go in the first round this year as most of the elite and blue chip talent are at other positions. There's a good chance Geno Smith is taken by the Bills even though they have Kolb. There's also rumors that the Eagles will take Smith but again, this is complete speculation. One thing is pretty much for sure, kc is desperate to trade down.

Let's assume kc trades down, this will affect a lot of things. Whoever trades up with kc is doing so in order to get a LT, not Geno Smith. So with kc trading down I'm thinking they may still draft a QB somewhere in the second round.

There are also other rumors that chokeland likes Geno Smith. All I can say is that If either kc or chokeland takes Geno Smith, I'll be a very happy camper. I'm actaully wishing kc just goes ahead and takes Geno with the #1 pick. That would be fantastic.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote