The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #126
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I was in 9th grade when 9/11 happened. I was in physical science class when I heard the news. Went to geometry. . . saw the second plane hit. Just shocked and saddened. No, I didn't feel the need to gear up for war despite how emotional the time was. Knew from the get go it would launch this country into a wrongful war (Iraq) and that proved to bear itself out as a colossal failure and mistake.

I had planned to go into the service to do cryptologic linguistics after obtaining my degree (all my grandfathers back to my great-great served, plus many uncles), but I cannot go in because of my kidney issues -- which made me mad, but oh well. My cousin who went 11B, got into Special Forces and became a recruiter tried to do whatever he could, but the medical field manual or whatever they go off of bans people with my condition from entering the armed forces. Sucks, but civil service works for now.

Statements like nyuk nyuk made are beyond absurd. If she wants to get all gun ho about this, she can enlist in a branch of the services and serve her country. Getting fanatical and crazy when not all the facts are out there yet is just ridiculous.
nyuk and I both already served. Now I'm too old
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #127
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Wanting to kill murderers is not fanatical or crazy.
Uh, you said you wanted to go to "war" against those that did this. Who are we fighting? Who are the targets!?

Quote:
Ridiculous that Americans would have enough patriotism they'd be willing to defend their country and their people. I know, just scandalous.
Step up and join a branch of the Armed Services. Otherwise, you are just an online demagogue pretending like you got the stones to do so.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #128
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
nyuk and I both already served. Now I'm too old
Thanks for your service. I doubt nyuk was ever in the military.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:36 AM   #129
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Until a motive is established, no one can say it was terrorism for sure
There is a difference between crazies like Holmes killing people and people killing to send a message or intimidate

The Columbine shooters used pipe bombs
They didnt go off, but even if they did it would not of changed their acts to terrorism

Bombs does not always mean it was terrorism
Motive is what distinguishes terrorism from random violence
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #130
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
What I found amusing last night was that Obama didn't call it terrorism in his first press conference, but CNN had the word splashed all over their front page. Good work CNN, ignore Obama and state the obvious. Do it more, please.
Damn you're pathetic, he did call it an act of terror. Besides what ****ing difference does it make what he calls it. None.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #131
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Uh, you said you wanted to go to "war" against those that did this. Who are we fighting? Who are the targets!?

Step up and join a branch of the Armed Services. Otherwise, you are just an online demagogue pretending like you got the stones to do so.
I considered joining the military off and on for years but family responsibilities didn't allow me to do that. With my history I'd probably have been put into something in the medical field.

As far as the going to war comment, you understand that is also a figure of speech, right? Would I like to personally kill those behind this? You bet your ass, and I'm not "pretending."
Old 04-16-2013, 09:41 AM   #132
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Thanks for your service. I doubt nyuk was ever in the military.
forget a bout it...I'm not going to tell you how you should feel, but I find your emotions about 911 surprising. You were definately in the minority during that time period.

I was 29, married, a mortgage, and two kids. Most people my age were ready to enlist again.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #133
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
I considered joining the military off and on for years but family responsibilities didn't allow me to do that. With my history I'd probably have been put into something in the medical field.
Do you have a family of your own now? What is holding you back now? Put up or shut up.

Quote:
As far as the going to war comment, you understand that is also a figure of speech, right? Would I like to personally kill those behind this? You bet your ass, and I'm not "pretending."
Yeah, you are bluffing. You are a danger to yourself and other people.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:42 AM   #134
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Damn you're pathetic, he did call it an act of terror. Besides what ****ing difference does it make what he calls it. None.
He called it an act of terror later on, not in the initial speech. CNN went ahead and called it terror anyway. Why do I have to repeat this?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #135
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Do you have a family of your own now? What is holding you back now? Put up or shut up.

Yeah, you are bluffing. You are a danger to yourself and other people.
I still have responsibilities. As I said, with my background they'd probably put me into the medical field, so it's not like I'd be some front-line stud. For one, I am a female.

I'm not bluffing anything, I assure you.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:43 AM   #136
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He called it an act of terror later on, not in the initial speech. CNN went ahead and called it terror anyway. Why do I have to repeat this?
Again,what difference does it make what he called it.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:44 AM   #137
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
forget a bout it...I'm not going to tell you how you should feel, but I find your emotions about 911 surprising. You were definately in the minority during that time period.

I was 29, married, a mortgage, and two kids. Most people my age were ready to enlist again.
I said I was shocked and saddened. I had enough critical thinking skills at the age of 14 to know that 9/11 was going to be used as an excuse to get into a B.S. war and as I said, that panned out just as I expected.

I'm completely surprised that people think that conventional warfare of any manner is actually going to deter what ultimately exists as an ideology and idea. Can you kill an idea?
Old 04-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #138
nyuk nyuk

Here's the little boy that died. How horrifying.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #139
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
I said I was shocked and saddened. I had enough critical thinking skills at the age of 14 to know that 9/11 was going to be used as an excuse to get into a B.S. war and as I said, that panned out just as I expected.

I'm completely surprised that people think that conventional warfare of any manner is actually going to deter what ultimately exists as an ideology and idea. Can you kill an idea?
most wanted revenge. That was good enough for me.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #140
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
We already had government leaks showing it was being considered and treated as terrorism, and that clown couldn't state the obvious?

I seriously doubt there was a strategic reason for that, and I can only hope it wasn't political correctness.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:53 AM   #141
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

the president has already updated his statement and is calling this a terrorist attack
Old 04-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #142
nyuk nyuk

Quote:

You mean you expected we'd hunt down and blow the brains out of the perpetrators?

You can't kill an idea, but you certainly can enact more sensible immigration law in which countries full of America-hating religious fanatics aren't allowed to come over here. We've sunk to where protecting American lives has taken a back seat to fearing making people frown and get snuffly-nosed.

Thanks libs!
Old 04-16-2013, 09:56 AM   #143
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
the president has already updated his statement and is calling this a terrorist attack
Yes, finally. After the media called it.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:58 AM   #144
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Of course it makes a difference!! What don't you understand! If you sneeze around Obama and he doesn't say God bless you. You proves that fact that he is a Muslim terrorist.

As far as going to war goes, I can't say I would go to war for a couple simple facts. The first one is that no person nor group responsible is not identified as the bomber yet. You can't just fire guns at whomever you want. Second, you can't hold a particular country accountable just because a radical person is of that race or background. He could have acted alone with no funding from an interest group or country. Or what if he is actually American? That's the essential definition of ignorance. Also, I'm not sure if you know how war actually effects a person. Not only does it mean people will DIE but the after effects of coming home from such an experience. I have an uncle who fought in WWII and he became an alcoholic to numb the pain from seeing all those dead bodies around him on a daily basis. Also, I had an older brother who fought in both Iraq and Afghanistan that said he WOULD never wish that on anybody the things he saw. He still won't describe what he saw to me after 5 years of being back home. You don't want to put people in that position until you actually have to I believe.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:00 AM   #145
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

The FBI has not commented on the nature of the two devices used in the blasts, but sources close to the investigation say shredded pieces of pressure cookers were found at the blast sites, indicating the bombs were made from kitchen devices.

A source close to the investigation told Fox News that the style of the device used closely resembles that commonly seen in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Another source confirmed that "pressure cookers were used in both devices."

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said a pressure cooker was attached to a wooden board in at least one of the blasts. The pressure cooker acted as the timer, the source said, and attached to the board was a bottle filled with nails, ball bearings and BB’s. That device was placed inside a black nylon backpack and then dumped in a garbage can, according to the source.

A third source said that the FBI is scanning cellphone tower records for the "moment of detonation." If the moment of detonation is positively identified, the corresponding cellphone number can be traced.

Jeff Lanza, a retired FBI agent, said the Boston case “bears striking similarities” to the bombings at the 1996 summer Olympic Games in Atlanta, in which Eric Robert Rudolph planted three pipe bombs with “lots of shrapnel,” killing two and injuring 111 people.

Lanza also said the smoke color seen at an explosion – which in the Boston case was white – will help indicate the type of bomb used in the blasts.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/04/16...#ixzz2Qe9HUkdU
Old 04-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #146
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Second, you can't hold a particular country accountable just because a radical person is of that race or background. He could have acted alone with no funding from an interest group or country.
If we're dealing with Islamist terror (and this stands even if we aren't), the sad truth is that there are certain countries of certain religious persuasion in which they hate the US and everything it stands for and repeatedly launch terror attacks against this country, domestically or otherwise. Polling in these countries have shown popular hostility against the US.

We'd have to be the dumbest morons in the world to issue immigration and student visas to these countries.

Indeed, we are.

D'oh.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #147
KO5K

Quote:
If we're dealing with Islamist terror (and this stands even if we aren't), the sad truth is that there are certain countries of certain religious persuasion in which they hate the US and everything it stands for and repeatedly launch terror attacks against this country, domestically or otherwise.
Perhaps if the US stopped killing innocent civilians in the middle east, less people would be inclined to terrorize the US?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #148
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Why do you feel the need to politicize this? Can't we all be on the same team when something like this happens? Why are you trying to make other Americans the enemy here, particularly the Commander in Chief?

And, for the record, does this mean that CNN isn't part of the vast left wing media conspiracy?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:03 AM   #149
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
[I]The FBI has not commented on the nature of the two devices used in the blasts, but sources close to the investigation say shredded pieces of pressure cookers were found at the blast sites, indicating the bombs were made from kitchen devices.

A source close to the investigation told Fox News that the style of the device used closely resembles that commonly seen in Afghanistan and Pakistan. Another source confirmed that "pressure cookers were used in both devices."
This goes to show that ordinary things can be made to kill people and to arbitrarily cry for bans because you want to feel a restored sense of security makes no sense.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:05 AM   #150
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Why do you feel the need to politicize this? Can't we all be on the same team when something like this happens? Why are you trying to make other Americans the enemy here, particularly the Commander in Chief?

And, for the record, does this mean that CNN isn't part of the vast left wing media conspiracy?
How is calling Obama out on his stupidity politicizing this?

CNN is left-wing, that can't be denied. I'm tickled they broke from the party line here. As I said, I want more of it. They overrode Obama and called it terror anyway. Awesome.