The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 AM   #101
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

dammit....no unexploded bombs were ever found.
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:50 AM   #102
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
How do you know it's a political statement kind of attack? It could be another clown like the unabomber, correct? It could be some psycho who wanted to top the last mass killing......you never know.
It could be. I made a guess based on the type of bomb and how it was done. In Israel/mideast it is the same thing. Usually 2 bombs made about the same way and placed in business areas outside urban streets with foot traffic. Now that there is a Saudi's apt being searched the motive is still unclear but I'm leaning toward the fact this Saudi doesn't like the American way. IF in fact he was responsible. Still could be someone other than him

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-16-2013 at 08:55 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 08:59 AM   #103
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

20 years to the day (well, Patriots Day holiday) after Oklahoma City.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #104
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...rry-on/275014/

Quote:
As the details about the bombings in Boston unfold, it'd be easy to be scared. It'd be easy to feel powerless and demand that our elected leaders do something -- anything -- to keep us safe.

It'd be easy, but it'd be wrong.
Quote:
A huge amount of research on fear and the brain teaches us that we exaggerate threats that are rare, spectacular, immediate, random -- in this case involving an innocent child -- senseless, horrific and graphic. Terrorism pushes all of our fear buttons, really hard, and we overreact.

But our brains are fooling us. Even though this will be in the news for weeks, we should recognize this for what it is: a rare event. That's the very definition of news: something that is unusual -- in this case, something that almost never happens.

Quote:
Terrorism isn't primarily a crime against people or property. It's a crime against our minds, using the deaths of innocents and destruction of property as accomplices. When we react from fear, when we change our laws and policies to make our country less open, the terrorists succeed, even if their attacks fail. But when we refuse to be terrorized, when we're indomitable in the face of terror, the terrorists fail, even if their attacks succeed.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:03 AM   #105
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
According to the New York Post the death toll is now up to 12. Sad and disgusting day. 24champ is right, whomever made the swift decision to cut the cell service in the incident command center may be one of the unsung heroes, one of a few hundred I would say.
The NY Post report of 12 dead turned out to be completely untrue. 3 dead. The Post was full of ****, as per usual.

It was bandwidth issues, not a police takedown, that caused the cell service outage: http://mashable.com/2013/04/15/bosto...-service-down/.

And it turned out there were no unexploded bombs after all that could have been set off.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:19 AM   #106
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAPAOps5 View Post
According to the New York Post the death toll is now up to 12. Sad and disgusting day. 24champ is right, whomever made the swift decision to cut the cell service in the incident command center may be one of the unsung heroes, one of a few hundred I would say.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...wASg0RQfVsH1yI

They have a guy in custody who is cooperating but denying any involvement. They also have video of someone dropping off back packs, and there is a dude standing on the roof in one of the surveillance videos they would like to chat with.

The smart phone wasn't around in 2001 when 911 happened. With the proliferation of these do everything phones there will surely be more images and video emerging.
You might want to find a better source than the NY post.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:32 AM   #107
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
IF it is not a home grown terrorist/s and is indeed Al Queda etc I wouldn't be in the least surprised if Iran was some how involved. Seems like a good reason to go to war with them next. Complete speculation on my part.
For some reason i think North Korea might have a hand in this. It's cowardly and underhand which is all they're legitimately capable of. I very much doubt Iran would have anything to do with this. For one they're different types of muslim, there were reported strains between any links they did have with Al Qaeda recently and Ahmadinejad is a lame duck leader there now. This wouldn't be in keeping with how Iran operates anyways.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #108
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Pictures like this (Warning: VERY GRAPHIC) have me ready to go to war.
You personally? And against whom?

Last edited by TonyR; 04-16-2013 at 10:03 AM..
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:01 AM   #109
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Nyuk nyuk proves again how she is a basket case.

Ready to go to war? Lol.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:06 AM   #110
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
For some reason i think North Korea might have a hand in this. It's cowardly and underhand which is all they're legitimately capable of. I very much doubt Iran would have anything to do with this. For one they're different types of muslim, there were reported strains between any links they did have with Al Qaeda recently and Ahmadinejad is a lame duck leader there now. This wouldn't be in keeping with how Iran operates anyways.
Iran is more likely to have been involved than NK. They hardly let anyone leave. Someone needs to pay.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:11 AM   #111
nyuk nyuk

FBI grills Saudi man in Boston bombings
‘Smells of gunpowder’

Police took a 20-year-old Saudi national into custody near the scene of yesterday’s horrific Boston Marathon bomb attack, law-enforcement sources told The Post.

The potential suspect was questioned by the FBI and local police yesterday at Boston’s Brigham and Women’s Hospital, where he was under heavy guard while being treated for shrapnel injuries to his leg sustained in the blast.

In late afternoon, a large group of federal and state law enforcement agents raided an apartment in a building in the Saudi man’s hometown of Revere, Mass.

FBI agents could be seen through one window. It was not clear what, if anything, they found. But Revere fire officials said they were called out to support bomb-squad officers as part of an investigation of a “person of interest” in the marathon attack.

At the hospital, investigators seized the man’s clothes to examine whether they held any evidence that he was behind the attack. The law-enforcement sources also told The Post that the man was not free to leave the medical center.

He had suffered shrapnel wounds to the back of a leg but was not likely to die, a source said.

As of last night, investigators had not yet directly asked the man whether he had set off the bombs. But they had asked him general questions, such as what he was doing in the area.

The potential suspect told police he had dinner Sunday night near Boston’s Prudential Center, about half a mile from the blast site, the sources said.

He also said that he went to the Copley Square area yesterday to witness the finish of the race.

The sources said that, after the man was grabbed by police, he smelled of gunpowder and declared, “I thought there would be a second bomb.”

He also asked: “Did anyone die?”
Old 04-16-2013, 10:12 AM   #112
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Nyuk nyuk proves again how she is a basket case.

Ready to go to war? Lol.
Does your climate ease your personal rage and bitterness at life at all?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:13 AM   #113
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Does your climate ease your personal rage and bitterness at life at all?
I don't have bitterness toward life. I love my life. Look in the mirror. Because of the Boston Marathon tragedy, you got your guns ready and are gearing up for war.

Against who? Such a ridiculous statement.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #114
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
I don't have bitterness toward life. I love my life. Look in the mirror. Because of the Boston Marathon tragedy, you got your guns ready and are gearing up for war.

you didn't feel that way after 911?
Old 04-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #115
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
The Oklahoma City bombing happened 18 years ago on April 19, 1995, if this is what you are referring to.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:21 AM   #116
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_3092814.html

Quote:
The New York Post has been criticized for its coverage of the Boston marathon explosions.

Soon after the blasts struck on Monday afternoon, the paper, citing law enforcement sources, said that 12 people had died. It stuck to this assertion all day, even as every other outlet put the number at two or, at the most, three. By Tuesday morning, the official toll had not risen. The Post backtracked slightly, writing, "The official death toll was three, but a law-enforcement source told The Post it could be as high as 12."

The paper was also the first to say that a "Saudi National" had been taken "into custody" by police at a local Boston hospital. Its initial stories said that the man was "identified as a suspect."

This was denied by the Boston police, who repeatedly said there was no suspect and nobody in custody. As the day went on, other outlets also reported that a man was being questioned, but only as a "person of interest" and not as a suspect.

The New York Times reported on Tuesday that investigators had concluded that the man was not involved in the attacks.

Post-watcher Michael Wolff tweeted that there was "great clucking" at the paper's parent company, News Corp., about its "marathon performance."
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #117
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
I think that's just a coincidence.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:23 AM   #118
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
The NYPost cites law enforcement sources for its info. Sounds more like what is going on is someone is leaking one thing and the official story is something else. They're even admitting now that there is a Saudi they questioned and that they did "visit" his apartment, which they both denied last night after the NYPost reported it.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:25 AM   #119
nyuk nyuk

Quote:

Ridiculous that Americans would have enough patriotism they'd be willing to defend their country and their people. I know, just scandalous.

I have a better idea! Let's go to a truck stop and scope out some sluts and bust a nut.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:26 AM   #120
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

WASHINGTON (AP) -- A person briefed on the Boston Marathon investigation says the explosives were in 6-liter pressure cookers and placed in black duffel bags.

The person says the explosives were placed on the ground and contained shards of metal, nails and ball bearings. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.

The person says law enforcement officials have some of the bomb components but did not yet know what was used to set off the explosives

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-16-12-13-07
Old 04-16-2013, 10:27 AM   #121
nyuk nyuk

What I found amusing last night was that Obama didn't call it terrorism in his first press conference, but CNN had the word splashed all over their front page. Good work CNN, ignore Obama and state the obvious. Do it more, please.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #122
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A person briefed on the Boston Marathon investigation says the explosives were in 6-liter pressure cookers and placed in black duffel bags.

The person says the explosives were placed on the ground and contained shards of metal, nails and ball bearings. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing.

The person says law enforcement officials have some of the bomb components but did not yet know what was used to set off the explosives

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-16-12-13-07

Once they find out who did this definitively, I'd like to slit their throat myself and host a game of polo featuring their head.

I'm sure it'll be more likely he'll be sent to Florence with 3 squares and masturbation material for life.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #123
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
you didn't feel that way after 911?
I was in 9th grade when 9/11 happened. I was in physical science class when I heard the news. Went to geometry. . . saw the second plane hit. Just shocked and saddened. No, I didn't feel the need to gear up for war despite how emotional the time was. Knew from the get go it would launch this country into a wrongful war (Iraq) and that proved to bear itself out as a colossal failure and mistake.

I had planned to go into the service to do cryptologic linguistics after obtaining my degree (all my grandfathers back to my great-great served, plus many uncles), but I cannot go in because of my kidney issues -- which made me mad, but oh well. My cousin who went 11B, got into Special Forces and became a recruiter tried to do whatever he could, but the medical field manual or whatever they go off of bans people with my condition from entering the armed forces. Sucks, but civil service works for now.

Statements like nyuk nyuk made are beyond absurd. If she wants to get all gun ho about this, she can enlist in a branch of the services and serve her country. Getting fanatical and crazy when not all the facts are out there yet is just ridiculous.

Last edited by Requiem; 04-16-2013 at 10:31 AM..
Old 04-16-2013, 10:30 AM   #124
nyuk nyuk

Wanting to kill murderers is not fanatical or crazy.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:31 AM   #125
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Once they find out who did this definitively, I'd like to slit their throat myself and host a game of polo featuring their head.

I'd like to shoot them while it's still legal.