The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #551
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
I really don't want to see OKC in the second round so hopefully denver locks up the 3rd against a crappy phoenix team.
Never mind that, i'd far rather a series at home to hopefully the Rockets than to the Grizzlies. Great matchup for us as opposed to a string of ugly games that i'd be worried about.

Bit of luck Portland does us a favour and renders the PHX game a dead rubber but the chances of that are just lol
Old 04-15-2013, 09:56 PM   #552
Paladin
Ring of Famer

I cannot believe how utterly incompetent the refs were tonight. They called fouls that were not there, they failed to call fouls that were there. Just bass ackwards officiating. Where do they drag up these bumblers?

Question: can teh coaches submit an evaluation of the referees in the game? I would love to read some of the submissions.....
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:43 AM   #553
Drunken.Broncoholic

Popovich showing once again the spurs care less about seeds. Not even playing starters tonight? Bad idea resting players all these games.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:31 AM   #554
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

OKC 1st seed baby!

Finals bound.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:03 AM   #555
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
OKC 1st seed baby!

Finals bound.
It is good for you that you can leech onto a winner.

It must do wonders for your self esteem.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:13 AM   #556
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado jones View Post
It is good for you that you can leech onto a winner.

It must do wonders for your self esteem.
I've lived in OKC for years and watched this team start from the beginning when they were terrible.

I guess that's considered being a leech in your world.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:22 AM   #557
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Gilgamesh

Lol, yes. Orlando is in dead last place. Please get the #1 pick.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:37 AM   #558
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I've lived in OKC for years and watched this team start from the beginning when they were terrible.

I guess that's considered being a leech in your world.
So you all of a sudden became an NBA fan just a few years ago? Unlikely. The more believable scenario has you being a fan of some other team, then dumping them when the sonics came over.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:35 AM   #559
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
So you all of a sudden became an NBA fan just a few years ago? Unlikely. The more believable scenario has you being a fan of some other team, then dumping them when the sonics came over.
And is that so bad? Rooting for the local team?

Unsure why KCStud is catching so much shrapnel today.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:37 AM   #560
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
And is that so bad? Rooting for the local team?

Unsure why KCStud is catching so much shrapnel today.
Ya it is. Generally speaking if you followed a team your entire life and all of a sudden change it cause there's now a local team and its trendy to walk around town in that gear? Loyalty in a fan far outweighs cheering for a local team

I didnt change being a fan of the broncos just cause the niners are close to me.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #561
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I became both an Avs fan AND a Rockies Fan when they showed up in Denver.. does that make me a bad fan?
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:45 AM   #562
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
I became both an Avs fan AND a Rockies Fan when they showed up in Denver.. does that make me a bad fan?
We're you a die hard fan of another team before they showed up in Denver? Lets say you were die hard brewers fan. Then jumped ship when a team showed up in Denver. Just seems like no loyalty to me. I could never dump a team.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:10 AM   #563
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Ya it is. Generally speaking if you followed a team your entire life and all of a sudden change it cause there's now a local team and its trendy to walk around town in that gear? Loyalty in a fan far outweighs cheering for a local team

I didnt change being a fan of the broncos just cause the niners are close to me.
no it doesn't. 75% of people do that when a new team comes into town.
that's what happens when you get expansion or relocated franchises.
let Alabama get a professional baseball team and see how many Atlanta Braves fan disappear and start rooting for the Bama team.

it's a fairly natural reaction. i don't care for any local teams. all my favs or northern or midwest. Broncos,Avs,Yankees,Bulls,Man U,Michigan Wolverines & etc.
the only teams i like in the same state are the Broncos and Avs.

if a pro football team came to Alabama i would still be a Broncos fan, but most of the state is turning from Jacksonville,Miami,Atlanta,Tennessee,Tampa Bay & etc close teams and into the new Bama pro team's fan. of course Bama won't get a pro team due to severe issues with gambling and folks hating to pay for stadiums.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:15 AM   #564
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
no it doesn't. 75% of people do that when a new team comes into town.
that's what happens when you get expansion or relocated franchises.
let Alabama get a professional baseball team and see how many Atlanta Braves fan disappear and start rooting for the Bama team.

it's a fairly natural reaction. i don't care for any local teams. all my favs or northern or midwest. Broncos,Avs,Yankees,Bulls,Man U,Michigan Wolverines & etc.
the only teams i like in the same state are the Broncos and Avs.

if a pro football team came to Alabama i would still be a Broncos fan, but most of the state is turning from Jacksonville,Miami,Atlanta,Tennessee,Tampa Bay & etc close teams and into the new Bama pro team's fan. of course Bama won't get a pro team due to severe issues with gambling and folks hating to pay for stadiums.

It doesn't make it right though. Following a team your entire life then all of a sudden change it just cause a new team comes to your town? Just doesn't make sense to me. A fan for life is something to be proud of.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #565
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
It doesn't make it right though. Following a team your entire life then all of a sudden change it just cause a new team comes to your town? Just doesn't make sense to me. A fan for life is something to be proud of.
fan for life is nice and all. personally i agree with you. but some people root for a team because it's close or just root for it on the basis of liking a certain player.
all being a fan for life really does is allow you to go through the entire ups and downs of the franchise. generally that's how the Bengals and other ****ty franchise stay afloat. because they know that despite the fan unrest they can still make money and not really have to do well because people would rather complain and be a part of something than to leave and force change.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:50 PM   #566
extralife
Ring of Famer

oh boy, a levels of fandom discussion. I'm sure this will be riveting.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #567
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
fan for life is nice and all. personally i agree with you. but some people root for a team because it's close or just root for it on the basis of liking a certain player.
all being a fan for life really does is allow you to go through the entire ups and downs of the franchise. generally that's how the Bengals and other ****ty franchise stay afloat. because they know that despite the fan unrest they can still make money and not really have to do well because people would rather complain and be a part of something than to leave and force change.
I have a certain level of respect for fans who have stuck with teams who have decades of failure. I'm not talking about the fringe fan. I'm talking about the pirates fan who's had season tickets through decades of failure. The chief fan whose gone decades with nothing to show. The Milwaukee bucks fan. Being a fan is a great thing and yes you're right it's up to the fan whether they want to jump ship or not. Personally I just have a ton more respect for the fan who stays with one team throughout.

Certainly KCStud knows how to be loyal to one ****ty team being a chiefs fan. I can respect that. Just was curious if he was a fan of another NBA team before the sonics moved.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #568
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
I have a certain level of respect for fans who have stuck with teams who have decades of failure. I'm not talking about the fringe fan. I'm talking about the pirates fan who's had season tickets through decades of failure. The chief fan whose gone decades with nothing to show. The Milwaukee bucks fan. Being a fan is a great thing and yes you're right it's up to the fan whether they want to jump ship or not. Personally I just have a ton more respect for the fan who stays with one team throughout.

Certainly KCStud knows how to be loyal to one ****ty team being a chiefs fan. I can respect that. Just was curious if he was a fan of another NBA team before the sonics moved.
For me, I lose respect for the fan that continues to shovel out money to ownership that is either incompetent or doesn't give a **** about winning. It's just feeding the beast of futility. And right now I am proud of the diehard Avalanche fan that has had enough and has told ownership to **** off.

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...ch-an-avs-game

Having a bad year is one thing. But piss poor franchises that are happy with the status quo as long as they make their money deserve to be shamed by their fanbase, like the Avs are right now. Holding your team accountable is a right and responsibility for the fan that wants the best for their team.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:19 PM   #569
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
For me, I lose respect for the fan that continues to shovel out money to ownership that is either incompetent or doesn't give a **** about winning. It's just feeding the beast of futility. And right now I am proud of the diehard Avalanche fan that has had enough and has told ownership to **** off.

http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...ch-an-avs-game

Having a bad year is one thing. But piss poor franchises that are happy with the status quo as long as they make their money deserve to be shamed by their fanbase, like the Avs are right now. Holding your team accountable is a right and responsibility for the fan that wants the best for their team.

I look at the Oakland As fans as being extremely loyal and passionate. But I see empty seats during a playoff year last season and empty seats this year. That ownership has dragged that team through the mud. Mount Davis screwed that stadium. But after all the bashing and empty seats at the end of the day they are still As fans. I don't know much about the AVs fans but I gotta believe alot of them cannot find themselves switching teams. Protesting and being fed up is part of being a fan of a team. When McD was here i got so fed up that I didnt go to the Oakland games for the first time since I can remember. But even being so mad at the broncos FO I could never find myself jumping to another team. I would throw up.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-16-2013 at 09:22 PM..
Old 04-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #570
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Bringing it back: I don't think the Trailblazers gave a shyte and played like it. To get three, the Nuggets will have to win tomorrow..........
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:17 PM   #571
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Bringing it back: I don't think the Trailblazers gave a shyte and played like it. To get three, the Nuggets will have to win tomorrow..........
Probably, but the Clippers have a road end of a back-to-back to close out. So the Nuggets have two shots at it.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #572
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
I look at the Oakland As fans as being extremely loyal and passionate. But I see empty seats during a playoff year last season and empty seats this year. That ownership has dragged that team through the mud. Mount Davis screwed that stadium. But after all the bashing and empty seats at the end of the day they are still As fans. I don't know much about the AVs fans but I gotta believe alot of them cannot find themselves switching teams. Protesting and being fed up is part of being a fan of a team. When McD was here i got so fed up that I didnt go to the Oakland games for the first time since I can remember. But even being so mad at the broncos FO I could never find myself jumping to another team. I would throw up.
let the team not spend again this year and bring back Joe Sacco(who in the ultimate joke has been named HC for the Team USA in the upcoming world championships.)
the support for the Avs team has really sunk lately because the fans are tired of the BS that goes along with what they're doing.
the Kroenke's have no problem spending on the Rams and the Nuggets but refuse to spend on Arsenal and on the Avs.
the attendance has gone to ****, the fans are losing interest and eventually the team will start losing money if things don't change.

this is not like when then Avs were in Quebec and people supported them despite being the Clippers on pro hockey.
eventually if they don't get rid of the "Avs way" that Pierre LaCroix keeps preaching they will abandon the team and force some moves, either selling the team or spending on it.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:27 PM   #573
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
Relax. We got the 3rd worst team in the league coming to the pepsi center where the nuggets are unbeatable. What could possibly go wrong
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:18 AM   #574
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
What could possibly go wrong

Last edited by oubronco; 10-19-2013 at 08:00 PM..
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:36 AM   #575
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Tonight's ideal outcomes IMO:

Nuggets over Suns (obviously)
Utah over Memphis
Houston over LA Lakers
Sacramento over LA Clippers
Portland over Golden State

It would put the Nuggets in the three seed facing the Rockets, and just for shįts and giggles it would leave the Lakers out of the playoffs, a nice bonus for everyone.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote