The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 05:44 PM   #76
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I asked bush supporters the exact same question back in 2008. I'm pretty sure he gets blamed still for rainy days. So Obamas in the clear for that.

It's pretty hard to leave politics out of something that is likely an attack based on our politics. Whether it be domestic or international. Highly unlikely this is just one pyscho who hates running. If I had to guess this is a domestic homegrown terrorist.
I don't think this is a political issue as much as it is a sociological one. If it's a domestic terrorist, he's a ****ing loon who thinks his voice matters. It's the changing and shrinking of society (see Internet/social media) that encourages these things. I'm not saying get rid of either, but it's just a natural consequence of such things
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #77
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

I'm guessing that if it was a Terrorist organization behind this then they would have fessed up already. This terrorist/s is most likely home grown.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #78
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
Guys, can we please just go tonight w/o going political or to the tasteless political jokes? Have at it tomorrow all you want. Just give it a few more hours.

Just a request.
Hope you and yours are safe Beantown.

This could have been a lot worse if they went off as the 1st runners came in an hour or 2 earlier when the crowds were bigger. Got to wonder why they were timed to go off when they did. Still a very tragic event, one of those who died were an 8 year old kid.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:20 PM   #79
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Awful. Senseless. Hateful. Weak.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #80
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Just can this stupidity.................people died you idiot.
It was a joke I'm sure......but pray tell -

Isn't that the same reason, the whole "people died" thing that liberals like yourself are using to promote a ban on certain weapons and limit the size of magazines, etc?

People died at Columbine, Aurora, and Sandy hook, correct? How soon after those events did one of you clowns start in with the "we need to ban assault weapons" rhetoric?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #81
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
Try not being a retarded dumb **** in a situation like this, dip****.
This may have been a poorly timed and insensitive joke....but again, how does his comment differ from those on here and in this nation who moments after any shooting start in with their Pavlovian "need to ban assault weapons" talk?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #82
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Let's find out who's behind this before making the assumption it was some foreigner who may have had a legit passport and visa.
Likewise with the "domestic terrorist" and McVeigh talk, correct?
Old 04-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #83
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I get tired of people for blaming him for rainy days. Guys, welcome to our new world. It's just going to be somewhat common and there's probably not much we can really do about it
Really? Like Bush, Clinton, Bush Sr., and Reagan and every president that came before them haven't been blamed about every little thing?

And yes, this is the world that we live in now.....like I've always said...evil lurks behind every corner. We just have to wait until the smoke clears and the investigation is over before we'll know what happened and the how's who's and why's
Old 04-15-2013, 07:39 PM   #84
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I asked bush supporters the exact same question back in 2008. I'm pretty sure he gets blamed still for rainy days. So Obamas in the clear for that.

It's pretty hard to leave politics out of something that is likely an attack based on our politics. Whether it be domestic or international. Highly unlikely this is just one pyscho who hates running. If I had to guess this is a domestic homegrown terrorist.
How do you know it's a political statement kind of attack? It could be another clown like the unabomber, correct? It could be some psycho who wanted to top the last mass killing......you never know.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:41 PM   #85
Meck77

Quote:
****ing humans. What a world. Now we have to worry about having marathons? What's next
Sadly I think mini drones are.

All you hear about is the big ass drones the military uses but they are getting small. Extremely small. Googles CEO went on record the other day bringing awareness to it.

May the victims of today's bombing RIP and the injured recover as quickly as possible.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:33 PM   #86
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boobs McGee View Post
They started it off in honor of Sandy Hook...I don't know if there's any possible connection there or not either.
....just posting for ****z and giggles

a buddy of mine told me there is a rumor going around on the interwebz that these recent tragedies are somehow connected to the Batman - the Dark Knight Rises movie.

[] There's a scene where a skyscraper has "Aurora" neon sign blazing in background......add in the movie being shown during Aurora shooting was the very same movie.

[] Scene where Gordon is pointing to "Sandy Hook" on a map....

[] Huge bomb goes off at a major sporting event in the movie, an NFL game = Boston Marathon? who knows?

[] Add in that one of the investigating FBI agents last name is Lanza.....

I've watched a couple videos about Sandy Hook shooting oddities, and while some of them make compelling arguments and ask some thought provoking questions about it, the whole Batman movie one is kind of 'Wow....really?"

Last edited by errand; 04-15-2013 at 08:36 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #87
nyuk nyuk

I recall an Islamist threat against the Boston Marathon a year or two ago. We'll see how that pans out.

Pictures like this (Warning: VERY GRAPHIC) have me ready to go to war.

You do NOT attack my people.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #88
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
I'm guessing that if it was a Terrorist organization behind this then they would have fessed up already. This terrorist/s is most likely home grown.
Not if they're trying to get out of the country first.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:51 PM   #89
Broncoman13
Broncoholic

JT #80

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Orange Julius

The bombs were 'staged' in a way that was meant to cause mass casualties. It could be a home grown type terrorist, but there are a lot of indicators that lead you to believe this is more organized. The scary thing is the lack of chatter regarding the Boston Marathon. If this isn't some independent whack job, the world just became an even scarier place. It's possible that terrorists have made strides in their ability to communicate and avoid our intelligence gathering services/agencies. That is scary!

There were two or three additional explosive devices. It was reported (can't confirm the accuracy of report) that these devices were placed under stands for spectators. Any way you slice it, this was a little too well planned for me to think it was some sole whack job. The devices were staged to drive a crowd to a certain area and then detonate secondary devices. That is a characteristic that was popular in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Finally, FOX News did have someone confirm that they do in fact have a "person of interest" under security in the hospital. He is a Saudi National here on a student Visa. He was said to be 20-21 years old. I'm not at all sold on this being carried out by one person. Certainly possible, but unlikely IMO.

Thoughts and prayers for the victims and their families. And thank god the other devices either malfunctioned or otherwise weren't detonated. The carnage from the ones that did explode was devastating.
Broncoman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:56 PM   #90
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
I get tired of people for blaming him for rainy days. Guys, welcome to our new world. It's just going to be somewhat common and there's probably not much we can really do about it
THANK YOU! You can't blame the damn president for some freakin coward that blows up a bomb that harms a bunch innocent people and children (Not just Americans but from other countries too). For God's sakes man, give it up for one freakin minute and realize that people DIED today. It's Bush's fault for Bin Laden to plan 9/11 as much as it wasn't Obama's fault about the Boston Marathon bombing. For once, you can't blame the black guy!

As a runner, the Boston Marathon is the holy grial of races. Personally, I never ran it, but it's so exciting just to hear the stories about it. I just feel so terrible that people were harmed and robbed of such a great experience because of this foolishness.
Bigdawg26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #91
myMind
splinters reality until

We Grok

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
....just posting for ****z and giggles

a buddy of mine told me there is a rumor going around on the interwebz that these recent tragedies are somehow connected to the Batman - the Dark Knight Rises movie.

[] There's a scene where a skyscraper has "Aurora" neon sign blazing in background......add in the movie being shown during Aurora shooting was the very same movie.

[] Scene where Gordon is pointing to "Sandy Hook" on a map....
Please give me a time mark, or clip from the movie to confirm.
myMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #92
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myMind View Post
Please give me a time mark, or clip from the movie to confirm.
Here's a video one of the "theorists" posted....

Old 04-15-2013, 09:11 PM   #93
errand
Ring of Famer

Here's another one by another guy.....

...on a side note, the road on the map in the movie looks exactly like the road that Sandy Hook elementary school is on.
Old 04-15-2013, 09:32 PM   #94
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I recall an Islamist threat against the Boston Marathon a year or two ago. We'll see how that pans out.

Pictures like this (Warning: VERY GRAPHIC) have me ready to go to war.

You do NOT attack my people.
Wow that is a horribly tragic picture.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:45 PM   #95
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Just remember that if it is Al Queda or other islamic group we are taking it to them all the time. Obama drones the **** out of them and we can't expect to never take some blows ourselves. We just have to learn to have even better security and more bomb detection at big events. It does incite us to revenge I am right there with you but what response would you have. We already bomb any terrorists we can find with a drone strike right?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #96
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Just remember that if it is Al Queda or other islamic group we are taking it to them all the time. Obama drones the **** out of them and we can't expect to never take some blows ourselves. We just have to learn to have even better security and more bomb detection at big events. It does incite us to revenge I am right there with you but what response would you have. We already bomb any terrorists we can find with a drone strike right?
IF it is not a home grown terrorist/s and is indeed Al Queda etc I wouldn't be in the least surprised if Iran was some how involved. Seems like a good reason to go to war with them next. Complete speculation on my part.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:39 PM   #97
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

It's unfortunate that a great event like the Boston Marathon was the target and innocent lives were taken and others were maimed. An event where a bunch of human beings are helping others out, like the Sandy Hook families, running for cures etc.

There were lots of families on hand to support their family members in accomplishing this feat at the last mile. Should have been a proud moment for the Marathoners and their families but instead we have an 8 year old that reportedly died, and more injured kids that are 2, 7, 9, and 12. My thoughts tonight are with them and the other families dealing with this.

The responsible party, will be dealt with. We have a lot of resources and the best detective minds in the country hunting them down right now.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 10:55 PM   #98
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoman13 View Post
And thank god the other devices either malfunctioned or otherwise weren't detonated. The carnage from the ones that did explode was devastating.
Thank the security teams for turning off the cell towers within one minute of the first detonation. According to the police, there was approximately 15 seconds between explosions. That's about the time you would need to call a cell phone, hang up, and call the second one. The third and fourth bombs that were planted further away from the first two and likely intended for a bigger crowd/Cops/EMS.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 12:51 AM   #99
theAPAOps5
A new beginning!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Watermock - RIP

According to the New York Post the death toll is now up to 12. Sad and disgusting day. 24champ is right, whomever made the swift decision to cut the cell service in the incident command center may be one of the unsung heroes, one of a few hundred I would say.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/nationa...wASg0RQfVsH1yI

They have a guy in custody who is cooperating but denying any involvement. They also have video of someone dropping off back packs, and there is a dude standing on the roof in one of the surveillance videos they would like to chat with.

The smart phone wasn't around in 2001 when 911 happened. With the proliferation of these do everything phones there will surely be more images and video emerging.
theAPAOps5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 05:31 AM   #100
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Likewise with the "domestic terrorist" and McVeigh talk, correct?
Until we know,it could be a foreign terrorist like bin laden or a domestic terrorist like McVeigh. I haven't stated either way.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote