The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-15-2013, 01:35 PM   #276
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Sigh. You're smarter than this. I know you are. If you'd actually take the time to read and understand what I posted you wouldn't be making stupid, inaccurate statements like this. I'll even do you the favor of re-posting something from one of the articles I already posted that almost seems as if it was written directly to you.
Quote:
As you read and metabolize the story and the debate, consider, yes, that media could have covered it a little better, think more broadly, too, about the many different ways in which the failure to catch Gosnell's horrible practices early enough represents significant systemic failures that have little to do with abortion.
Little to do with Abortion? Funny, but right there in the Grand Jury report, it primarily implicates Political "access" concerns as the reason annual inspections no longer took place and mind-blowing complaints or even deaths weren't even followed up on. They were afraid they'd have to shut clinics down. And they didn't want to.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:42 PM   #277
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Saying the MSM isn't covering the trial is absolute BS. I've seen at least five articles on major networks from the past 48 hours and even clips from TV on it.
48 hours? That standard's a bit late to the game, wouldn't you think?
Old 04-15-2013, 02:32 PM   #278
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

The trial had been going on for a month. The media has been dragged kicking and screaming into the courtroom to do their job today. Might even see something about this trial on prime time national broadcast news this week.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #279
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
The trial had been going on for a month. The media has been dragged kicking and screaming into the courtroom to do their job today. Might even see something about this trial on prime time national broadcast news this week.
a more important news story will be dominating news this week.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #280
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

This story should have been covered much more than it was—covered as a national policy issue, not a "local crime story." The press has literally been AWOL.

I could defend myself by saying that I wasn't aware that the Gosnell trial was going on. Abortion is not my beat, and the mailing lists that I am on weren't exactly blasting the news of this trial.

But that doesn't totally let me off the hook. I knew about the Gosnell case, and I wish I had followed it more closely, even though I'd rather not. In fact, those of us who are pro-choice should be especially interested. The whole point of legal abortion is to prevent what happened in Philadelphia: to make it safer and more humane. Somehow that ideal went terribly, horribly awry. We should demand to know why.

What happened in Philadelphia should never happen again, and all of us—not just the Philadelphia police—should be asking how we make sure it doesn't. I don't know the answer to that yet, because I still don't understand what happened in Pennsylvania. But I'll be working to figure it out.

Pro choice journalist Megan Mcardle
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...ion-trial.html
Old 04-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #281
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
48 hours? That standard's a bit late to the game, wouldn't you think?
This was covered big time when it initially happened. I have heard about it in news tidbits on various sites for a while now. I was just saying I have heard about it a lot recently too, basically to refute Doc's claim that it hasn't been anywhere. If the dude wants to be a demagogue and whine like a child because he doesn't feel his views are adequately being portrayed in the media, more power to him.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #282
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
This was covered big time when it initially happened. I have heard about it in news tidbits on various sites for a while now. I was just saying I have heard about it a lot recently too, basically to refute Doc's claim that it hasn't been anywhere. If the dude wants to be a demagogue and whine like a child because he doesn't feel his views are adequately being portrayed in the media, more power to him.
Citation needed. Loser.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #283
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
a more important news story will be dominating news this week.
Totally. How are a few hundred dead humans who can't vote ever going to help the Progressive Utopian March? Nothing to see here.

Next up?
Old 04-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #284
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
This story is so ignored that Obama was asked about it,shocking! The media asking the president a question about a story that the media is ignoring.
didn't Obama, while a legislator in Illinois consistently vote for late term abortions?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 08:55 PM   #285
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
If "liberals" had their way underpriviledged women wouldn't need to go to doctors like this butcher. This fact conveniently escapes you.
and if women exercised abstinence (or some other version of birth control) and better judgement they wouldn't need to go doctors like this butcher either....a fact that seems to elude you.

women have a choice to have unprotected sex or not to have it.....other than the Virgin Mary, abstinence works every time it's applied....and if it's not a child, then you're not pregnant.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:59 PM   #286
errand
Ring of Famer

My question is this -

Is this an isolated incident, or do you believe that there are more doctors out there doing the same thing this Mengele ****er was doing?
Old 04-16-2013, 05:41 AM   #287
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
and if women exercised abstinence (or some other version of birth control) and better judgement they wouldn't need to go doctors like this butcher either....a fact that seems to elude you.

women have a choice to have unprotected sex or not to have it.....other than the Virgin Mary, abstinence works every time it's applied....and if it's not a child, then you're not pregnant.
But that's one of the many great things about America,you still have a choice when you get pregnant.
Old 04-16-2013, 05:45 AM   #288
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
My question is this -

Is this an isolated incident, or do you believe that there are more doctors out there doing the same thing this Mengele ****er was doing?
Yes. It is isolated.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:33 AM   #289
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124407988050683807.html

Where's the ADA when you really need it? Yet MSNBC did a whole documentary lionizing the monster who made it happen.

Don't know if you've ever been around many pregnant women. Anxiety's pretty universal. Depression is pretty common. Casey Anthony probably suffered from it. What's the difference (other than of course her one-murder media circus)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYT
Nonetheless, Dr. McHugh’s interview raised the question of whether Dr. Tiller had used readily treatable mental health maladies as a pretext to justify late-term abortions.

According to Dr. McHugh, the files he saw contained diagnoses like adjustment disorder, anxiety and depression that to his eyes were not “substantial and irreversible.” He also claimed that some women offered “trivial” reasons for wanting an abortion, like a desire to play sports. “I can only tell you,” he said in his taped interview, “that from these records, anybody could have gotten an abortion if they wanted one.”

Yet Dr. McHugh’s description of the files left out crucial bits of context. He failed to mention, for example, that one patient was a 10-year-old girl, 28 weeks pregnant, who had been raped by an adult relative. Asked about this omission by The New York Times, Dr. McHugh said that while the girl’s case was “terrible,” it did not change his assessment: “She did not have something irreversible that abortion could correct.” (Dr. Tiller’s lawyers, who have called Dr. McHugh’s description of the patient files “deeply misleading,” declined to discuss their contents.)

Tiller was prosecuted, and was acquitted, in Kansas, of any wrong doing in his practice. Later the prosecutor was found to be going outside the law to attempt to convict, and still failed to prove his case.

But all that's beside the point. If Tiller *did* break the law, then .. he broke the law. And once again we're back to: that's not accepted.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:35 AM   #290
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Liberals are basically baby killers. You allow it and support it happending everyday. You all better hope you are right and there is no god or you are all guilty of though shall not kill.
Old 04-16-2013, 06:40 AM   #291
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlet
Remember pro life isnt about taking away the womans right to choose. She could have chose to not **** without protection or not have sex. She made her choice. This issue is about the rights of unborn humans and the fact they develop into people faster then liberals want to admit.

So, people at certain points can have the right to make decisions about their own bodies taken away from them, eh?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 AM   #292
kappys
Ring of Famer

“It will be of little avail to the

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
So, people at certain points can have the right to make decisions about their own bodies taken away from them, eh?
Commonly done in situations of mental illness every day
kappys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:54 AM   #293
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by kappys View Post
Commonly done in situations of mental illness every day
Pregnant women are mentally ill and unable to make decisions for themselves?
Old 04-16-2013, 06:58 AM   #294
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Pregnant women are mentally ill and unable to make decisions for themselves?
Still waiting to hear about a medical indication for terminating the life of a viable fetus. Educate us.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:06 AM   #295
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Still waiting to hear about a medical indication for terminating the life of a viable fetus. Educate us.
Viable, by your own definition is still a fetus that something that requires invasive produces are enormous resources to preserve.

I asked about 24 weeks because that's the generally accepted age before a fetus is considered "viable", and also the legal limit of elective abortions pretty much everywhere (is there a place that allows it after)?

But survival is not impossible before then (21 weeks is the current earliest survival AFAIK).

So what are we talking about? Cases of legal late term elective abortion with a technically viable fetus, or something else?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:11 AM   #296
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Yes. It is isolated.
Signs point to no.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:29 AM   #297
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Viable, by your own definition is still a fetus that something that requires invasive produces are enormous resources to preserve.

I asked about 24 weeks because that's the generally accepted age before a fetus is considered "viable", and also the legal limit of elective abortions pretty much everywhere (is there a place that allows it after)?

But survival is not impossible before then (21 weeks is the current earliest survival AFAIK).

So what are we talking about? Cases of legal late term elective abortion with a technically viable fetus, or something else?
I'm talking about taking a fetus that could otherwise survive with medical support and evacuating its brain prior to terminating pregnancy. What is a medical indication for that?
Old 04-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #298
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Tiller was prosecuted, and was acquitted, in Kansas, of any wrong doing in his practice. Later the prosecutor was found to be going outside the law to attempt to convict, and still failed to prove his case.

But all that's beside the point. If Tiller *did* break the law, then .. he broke the law. And once again we're back to: that's not accepted.
The subject here isn't criminal law. It's media bias. OJ was prosecuted, and was acquitted. As was Casey Anthony. If something happened to either one, I doubt you'd see media organizations making either one out as some kind of hero.

Anyway, the second confirming "doctor" Tiller utilized (specializing in Laser Hair Removal) had her license to practice revoked when the State discovered she was approving viable fetus homicide for such obvious mental incapacities as the fear of missing prom. In fact, in testifying before the medical board, she couldn't remember a single case where she'd denied a late-term abortion request.

The name of the game was 'access' and 'choice' at any human cost. And the media that couldn't bring itself to talk about hundreds of infant beheadings had no trouble repeatedly making this guy out as some kind of saint.

Quote:
"If the baby is born alive, that is sloppy medicine"
Some people need a new definition of "medicine"
Old 04-16-2013, 07:45 AM   #299
BroncoBeavis

Oh, and hey, guess what other story made the NYTimes' front page in 2011?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/06/us...anted=all&_r=0

That's right. The verdict of a single-murder trial in Florida was apparently front page-worthy in the old Grey Lady. But hundreds of innocent children murdered just 90 miles south of the Big Apple?

"Meh. We mentioned some part of that a couple years ago somewhere around the Lifestyles section, didn't we? Pass."
Old 04-16-2013, 08:11 AM   #300
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
didn't Obama, while a legislator in Illinois consistently vote for late term abortions?
I heard he even performed them! And was rumored to laugh maniacally whilst doing so!
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote