The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 08-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #276
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambiguous View Post
I posted this before but I work for directv and can get any new customer sunday ticket for free plus monthly discounts, free installation, etc. PM me and I will send you a referral.

Seriously though, hopefully you still work with them next year this time...i'll have to take you up on this offer...thanks!

Edit: Seems like for the past 3 years now, they have given new customers the Ticket for free??

Last edited by maher_tyler; 08-27-2012 at 08:48 PM..
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #277
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Usually get some kind of email now w/what DirecTV is charging for Sunday Ticket. Anyone know what they're doing this year?
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:33 AM   #278
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

I've had dtv since 95 I think its bs new customers get it free. Screw long time subs excellent way to do business.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:05 PM   #279
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
I've had dtv since 95 I think its bs new customers get it free. Screw long time subs excellent way to do business.
You need to read this thread. You need to complain about new customers getting it for free. Re-enforce you've been with them for almost 20 years etc. they'll cut you a deal. I'll be deployed for most of the season so I won't be getting the ticket this year.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:23 PM   #280
Smilin Assassin
Tradition

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLBRONCO View Post
Same. Have had it since '95 and tell them that every year. Usually I get it at the price they are offering it to new customers. (Last yr was free).

This year, there is talk DirecTV may let their exclusive rights to the NFL Ticket run out (in 2015), so I was curious what their plan of action was in the meantime. ie; Are they still offering discounts, knowing they pretty much have gotten most would-be cable customers who are only switching for the Ticket, OR are they just going to set a price and see who stays on?

Ya can't beat free, but I'll be damned if I'll pay more than I ever have this year for it. Hell, if last year wasn't free, it would 'almost' have been a waste w/all the primetime & nationally televised Broncos games. ( I know the Sunday Ticket and Redzone etc off more than just seeing out of city teams, but that's the only reason I have it).
Smilin Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:50 PM   #281
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilin Assassin View Post
Same. Have had it since '95 and tell them that every year. Usually I get it at the price they are offering it to new customers. (Last yr was free).

This year, there is talk DirecTV may let their exclusive rights to the NFL Ticket run out (in 2015), so I was curious what their plan of action was in the meantime. ie; Are they still offering discounts, knowing they pretty much have gotten most would-be cable customers who are only switching for the Ticket, OR are they just going to set a price and see who stays on?

Ya can't beat free, but I'll be damned if I'll pay more than I ever have this year for it. Hell, if last year wasn't free, it would 'almost' have been a waste w/all the primetime & nationally televised Broncos games. ( I know the Sunday Ticket and Redzone etc off more than just seeing out of city teams, but that's the only reason I have it).
Didn't get it for first time ever last year....they wouldn't cut me any deal for the first time ever. Not sure what that means for me this year.
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 09:19 AM   #282
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

I don't mind paying 150.00 or so a year for it. Directv has treated me right and as long as I do not feel I am being raped its okay with me.

I don't buy the argument new customers get it free so I should too.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #283
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

From the Direct TV website
NFL Sunday Ticket Max
5 months $59.99
1 payment $299.95

NFL Sunday Ticket
5 months $44.99
1 payment $224.95

there is a button to "activate now"

I am going to wait for the schedule to come out and then try and get the best price I can
Dendave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:12 PM   #284
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Just saw this:

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/tec...-sunday-ticket

Basically if you buy Madden 25 off of Amazon, you can get Sunday ticket for your computer for free. $99 for both.
Wes Mantooth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #285
Jay3

I will be attempting to purchase that.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:27 PM   #286
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

going to switch to direct tv and get it for free. Used redzone last 2 yrs with Verizon. You have to be willing to switch providers every 3 yrs or so. Keeps him fighting to get your business.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:46 PM   #287
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Hopefully the people at AFN like the Broncos. I see a handful of prime time games so hopefully I get to watch a least a few games while I'm deployed.
Old 05-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #288
lolcopter

i already have madden 25 rosters on madden 12 so i will pass

didn't really take advantage of sunday ticket all that much last season. **** other teams.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #289
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBroncosJM View Post
I don't mind paying 150.00 or so a year for it. Directv has treated me right and as long as I do not feel I am being raped its okay with me.

I don't buy the argument new customers get it free so I should too.

I agree, but I do use that argument to get them to lower the annual fee for me. It works every time.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:39 AM   #290
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

So has anyone got a deal yet? I have tried calling, a number of times and asked for retention, blah, blah, blah and nothing. I got it pretty cheap last year, but so far this year they aren't offering me anything. Also I live in the Midwest and looking at the schedule, I might not need it until Oct 13 Jaguars game, looks like every game should by on nationally (or at least in my area), actually, I might not need it until after the bye, I can go to the bar that weekend(10/13). Has anyone tried calling during the season and asked to activate and if so do they prorate it?
Old 06-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #291
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

I just called again, still no deal I would accept yet, however, one thing the guy told me, which I did not know, is you are allowed to get it on a weekly basis. He didn't have a cost but he said it was around $30-40...heck I would spend that going to the bar to watch game anyway. Looks like that might be the route I am taking this year...the best deal I can get is $224 for the season, looking at the schedule it seems like maybe 5 or 6 games I wont get locally, so that's close to $40 per game anyway.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #292
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dendave View Post
I just called again, still no deal I would accept yet, however, one thing the guy told me, which I did not know, is you are allowed to get it on a weekly basis. He didn't have a cost but he said it was around $30-40...
That guy doesn't know what he's talking about. No such program is in existence.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:26 PM   #293
Johnykbr

Quote:
So has anyone got a deal yet? I have tried calling, a number of times and asked for retention, blah, blah, blah and nothing. I got it pretty cheap last year, but so far this year they aren't offering me anything. Also I live in the Midwest and looking at the schedule, I might not need it until Oct 13 Jaguars game, looks like every game should by on nationally (or at least in my area), actually, I might not need it until after the bye, I can go to the bar that weekend(10/13). Has anyone tried calling during the season and asked to activate and if so do they prorate it?
You can't just ask for retention. You have to get them to send you there usually by saying you are shopping around...
Old 06-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #294
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

Quote:
I just called again, still no deal I would accept yet, however, one thing the guy told me, which I did not know, is you are allowed to get it on a weekly basis. He didn't have a cost but he said it was around $30-40...heck I would spend that going to the bar to watch game anyway. Looks like that might be the route I am taking this year...the best deal I can get is $224 for the season, looking at the schedule it seems like maybe 5 or 6 games I wont get locally, so that's close to $40 per game anyway.

5 X 40 is already 200.00..I would pop the extra 25 at that point to be able to watch any game I want in the other time slot..

This is what I do..

Call up to cancel HBO since game of thrones is over until April or whatever. Than I ask what specials they have etc. then I lead in to Sunday Ticket. Like I said 150.00 or so a year to me seems reasonable .

Last edited by DenverBroncosJM; 06-11-2013 at 04:50 PM..
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #295
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

For guys like me who only use DirectTV for sunday ticket they will no longer deal. I called about a question for my HD service, I have to pay for it $10 a month to keep it.

Since we have Uverse for everything else I have no pull with Directv. It is better to keep it as it is and pay a little extra than swap services, I had a snow storm last year during a football game and the picture froze a couple times. I could not deal with that all the time.

I get all the games in HD which is a plus because I am in IL. I get my money's worth though, I watch at least one other AFC west game each week. Can't wait until Comcast or AT&T get rights to Sunday Ticket and I can take down that hideous antenna. I have it stached on the side of my house so it is hard to see from the street but our neighbors just got one and they put it in the worst possible spot on the roof possible. I told my wife our property values dropped with that install.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #296
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Thank heavens I live in Utah where we almost always get the Bronco games and I can go with Comcast, no contracts and no weird changes in the price each month. Get NFL network for $5 a month and Redzone comes with it. Good enough for me.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:30 AM   #297
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beantown Bronco View Post
That guy doesn't know what he's talking about. No such program is in existence.
I just called back to confirm and the person I got said no it doesn't exist and I said, "so the person I talked to yesterday didn't know what he was talking about?" I asked to talk to supervisor, was put on hold and she came back and said it did exist. Said, day of game to select game I want to watch, it will ask you to buy, you need to confirm buy and you get the "ticket" for that entire day. Guess I will keep trying to figure it out
Old 06-12-2013, 09:57 AM   #298
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Said, day of game to select game I want to watch, it will ask you to buy, you need to confirm buy and you get the "ticket" for that entire day. Guess I will keep trying to figure it out
Knowing directv, clicking "buy" will lock you in for the entire season at the regular price instead of just that one day. Seems kind of shady to have such a program, but not tell all employees and not advertise it anywhere on your website or the numerous mailings I get from them every month.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:10 AM   #299
cousinal11
East Coast Bronco

Called and said I wanted to cancel. Sent me to retention at which point I said, "too expensive, only reason I got DTV was NFL ticket which is too expensive, cable guys now offer NFLN and red zone, enjoyed my experience, just tell me where to send this equipment". He gave me free NFL ticket and free HD for a year, so they will play ball. Good luck guys.
cousinal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #300
Atwater His Ass
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Anyone tried using a VPN and getting NFL game pass for live games?
Atwater His Ass is online now   Reply With Quote