The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #176
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,739
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm curious to know whay y'all think the media's motivation would be to not cover this story. You seriously think there's some sort of conspiracy here?
That's all right-wingers have left to sustain themselves - conspiracy.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:40 PM   #177
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
My post was directed solely at your generalization of liberal philosophy, nothing else. You are either getting sloppy or lazy in your old age. Either way you are too smart to be reducing a viewpoint to such general terms.

Your question about where this is in the media to me is valid, it deserves reporting in context to the degree one person committed crimes. Using it as a standard bearing argument against abortion, as some of the posters here would advocate via the lack of coverage is disingenuous. One Dr. committed crimes, it deserves that level of coverage.
This trial is about much more than just the crimes committed by Kermit Gosnell. It is about corrupt and complicit local and state regulatory agencies who looked the other way despite decades of complaints, because the "greater good" of liberalism is served by keeping any and all abortion options open. It is about a corrupt and complicit media complex looking the other way because the "greater good" of liberalism is somehow served by an orchestrated media blackout of the trial. This "physician" murdered untold numbers of viable humans after being born alive. He trained others to do it in his absence. He brutalized untold numbers of women. He committed blatant acts of racism. Any of these stories would be wall-to-wall national news except for the fact that they took place in an abortion clinic. Does this not embarrass you as liberal?
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:52 PM   #178
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I'm curious to know whay y'all think the media's motivation would be to not cover this story. You seriously think there's some sort of conspiracy here?
Absolutely. And you know it.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:54 PM   #179
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Does this not embarrass you as liberal?
Meh, most liberals have no shame. Try another angle.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #180
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
That's all right-wingers have left to sustain themselves - conspiracy.
Then explain the coverage issue, and why even liberal journalists have pointed it out. Or is this just another "label it and bail" Wog post?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #181
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
You seriously don't understand the point? That making abortion illegal is going to lead to more Kermit Gosnells?
This isn't about legal abortion. Nobody is trying to make this case about restricting legal abortion.. except for the liberal media who refuses to cover the trial for fear it might put the pro abortionists in a bad light.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:57 PM   #182
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
Using it as a standard bearing argument against abortion, as some of the posters here would advocate via the lack of coverage, is disingenuous. One Dr. committed crimes, it deserves that level of coverage.
Yet its ok to use one gun crime as an argument against guns ?

Guns serve many legal and moral purposes, abortions not so much.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #183
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 21,943

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

The reason the media isn't covering this story is completely ideological. The media is pro-abortion and as horrendous as what this doctor was doing the media doesn't want the bigger picture exposed.

56 million abortions in the USA since Roe v Wade.

It's only a matter of time before infanticide is legalized in the USA. This doctor was killing babies and no one did a damn thing about it. Why?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:00 PM   #184
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
...an orchestrated media blackout...
So you think the major media outlets had a conference call and said, "let's join together and not cover this story"? Or, what?

The major media outlets are owned by huge corporations that all have one major motive: profits. If they thought this story was a big seller they would have sold it. If anything, this has more to do with their "discomfort" in covering these topics more than some liberal conspiracy. Just like the media didn't cover all the lies that got us into the Iraq war. And just like the media doesn't cover the major fraud that was perpetrated by Wall St. at the start of the Great Recession. You'd think a liberal media conspiracy would be all over those topics, no? The media has no backbone. That's the issue. This has nothing to do with some liberal conspiracy. It's a good story for your right wing propaganda outlets to get people like you stirred up. But it's crap. And you should be smart enough not to fall for it.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #185
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So you think the major media outlets had a conference call and said, "let's join together and not cover this story"? Or, what?

The major media outlets are owned by huge corporations that all have one major motive: profits. If they thought this story was a big seller they would have sold it. If anything, this has more to do with their "discomfort" in covering these topics more than some liberal conspiracy. Just like the media didn't cover all the lies that got us into the Iraq war. And just like the media doesn't cover the major fraud that was perpetrated by Wall St. at the start of the Great Recession. You'd think a liberal media conspiracy would be all over those topics, no? The media has no backbone. That's the issue. This has nothing to do with some liberal conspiracy. It's a good story for your right wing propaganda outlets to get people like you stirred up. But it's crap. And you should be smart enough not to fall for it.
Riiiight. They were plenty comfortable broadcasting live testimony of Jodi Arias discussing her anal sex fetish, and the manner in which she slashed and shot her boyfriend to death. They were plenty comfortable discussing the gruesome remains in graphic detail of Caylee Anthony. We've seen wall to wall coverage of a basketball coach who throws basketballs at his players and calls them f*ggots. We had wall-to-wall national coverage including live disembarking of the poop cruisers. But not a singe mention of this trial.. not one.. on any national broadcast network. Nothing to see here. Move along.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:22 PM   #186
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default







Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:23 PM   #187
El Minion
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,748
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.A. BRONCOS FAN View Post
How Politicized Abortion Threatens Clinic Safety

Dr. Kermit Gosnell.
Image by Philadelphia Daily News, Yong Kim, File / AP

The allegations against former abortion doctor Kermit Gosnell are chilling: a clinic covered in animal urine, the spinal cords of viable fetuses cut with scissors, a pregnant woman dead. Predictably, the trial and coverage thereof have been controversial, with conservative outlets accusing mainstream and liberal ones of insufficiently covering it. But it's the controversial nature of abortion that makes abuses like the ones Gosnell's accused of possible in the first place.

Unlike other procedures performed by medical professionals, abortion is both heavily stigmatized and largely segregated from other forms of health care. And fear and stigma around abortion clinics (and abortion in general) can mean women don't even expect good care.

The majority of abortions take place not in hospitals or doctors' offices, but in standalone clinics devoted to the procedure. This is largely due to controversy around abortion: Bans on federal funding for the procedure make it hard for hospitals that accept such funding to also offer abortion care, and religious hospitals may choose not to offer the procedure as a matter of faith.

The allegations against Gosnell are in no way representative of all clinics. A study of women's abortion experiences found many patients were impressed with the support they received from staff there. But having to go to a separate abortion facility has real consequences for women. They may have to pass by protesters and go through security; one respondent in the same study said the clinic's secure door made her abortion "seem all the more like a secretive, shameful thing." And abortion clinics have become highly stigmatized one abortion provider told me last year that one of her patients called a clinic "that terrible place," even though she felt she'd gotten good care there.

This stigma affects how women think they'll be treated at abortion clinics too. In a 2011 interview, Dr. Suzanne Poppema of Physicians for Reproductive Choice and Health told me, "because women think it's a bad thing, and it's shameful, etc., they go to a clinic that looks awful, that doesn't seem professional at all, and they're not scared away. ... Women don't expect to be treated with compassion, intelligence, professionalism, and good care when they're seeking abortion care."

If the allegations against Gosnell are true, then women surely deserved far better care than they got at his clinic (if "care" is even the right word for what allegedly happened to them there). But they may not have expected it, and because of the way abortion clinics are portrayed, they may have accepted terrible conditions as normal. And low expectations may have made patients less likely to alert the media or authorities to what was going on.

The grand jury report in the Gosnell case claims that abortion clinic inspections in Pennsylvania stopped in 1993 because a pro-abortion-rights governor, Tom Ridge, said they would put "a barrier up to women." Actually, Ridge stepped down hospital inspections in his state as well, privatizing many and reducing them from once a year to every three years. So whether his decision in the case of abortion clinics was an activist one is debatable. Still, the regulation of abortion clinics is a political issue in a way that can end up hurting patients.

Some laws affecting such clinics passed in the last few years aren't aimed at ensuring good patient care at all; they're attempts to shut clinics down. Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant said this explicitly of a law requiring physicians at his state's last clinic to have admitting privileges at local hospitals: "My goal, of course, is to shut it down." New clinic regulations in Virginia, stipulating things like the width of hallways, likely would not have prevented the kinds of abuses Gosnell's accused of either. The debate about clinic regulation today is typically a debate about shutting down clinics or keeping them open; it's rarely about ensuring existing clinics are safe. Integrating abortion with other medical care, and regulating it accordingly, would solve this problem.

Again, Gosnell's case is not a representative one and shouldn't be taken as an indictment of all abortion clinics. But separating abortion from other medical procedures and subjecting it to regulations that are political rather than medical creates an environment where substandard care is harder to spot and where patients may not think they deserve anything better.
El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:28 PM   #188
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,904

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The reason the media isn't covering this story is completely ideological. The media is pro-abortion and as horrendous as what this doctor was doing the media doesn't want the bigger picture exposed.

56 million abortions in the USA since Roe v Wade.

It's only a matter of time before infanticide is legalized in the USA. This doctor was killing babies and no one did a damn thing about it. Why?
Apparently someone did,he was arrested.
The fact that you point out 56 million abortions since roe v. Wade only proves that the agenda here is not why this story doesn't have nationwide attention but that you want to use it to attack all abortions.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:30 PM   #189
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,548

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadta View Post
Yet its ok to use one gun crime as an argument against guns ?

Guns serve many legal and moral purposes, abortions not so much.
Define against guns. Another general statement not worth crap.
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:31 PM   #190
ghwk
Ring of Famer
 
ghwk's Avatar
 
Survivor survivor!

Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,548

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
The reason the media isn't covering this story is completely ideological. The media is pro-abortion and as horrendous as what this doctor was doing the media doesn't want the bigger picture exposed.

56 million abortions in the USA since Roe v Wade.

It's only a matter of time before infanticide is legalized in the USA. This doctor was killing babies and no one did a damn thing about it. Why?
Another B.S. generalized conclusion
ghwk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #191
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Certainly no discomfort in providing wall-to-wall coverage of slaughtered first graders in Newtown, CT. Somehow that was perfectly comfortable, but the Gosnell trial is so uncomfortable that it goes without a single mention on any national broadcast network.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #192
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

There would have been national coverage and outcry for new legislation if Gosnell used an AR15 instead of scissors.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #193
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,904

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Certainly no discomfort in providing wall-to-wall coverage of slaughtered first graders in Newtown, CT. Somehow that was perfectly comfortable, but the Gosnell trial is so uncomfortable that it goes without a single mention on any national broadcast network.
There was national coverage,just not as much as YOU would like.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:49 PM   #194
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan
 
Dr. Broncenstein's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Sterile Fields
Posts: 13,443

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
There was national coverage,just not as much as YOU would like.
Not one singe mention of the trial on ABC, CBS, NBC, or PBS. Not one.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #195
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,904

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Not one singe mention of the trial on ABC, CBS, NBC, or PBS. Not one.
MSNBC is where I heard about it.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #196
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 18,630
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
But not a singe mention of this trial.. not one.. on any national broadcast network.
It was covered two years ago. I live in Delaware and it was on the front page of the paper here for weeks. For whatever reason not as big of a story now.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:43 PM   #197
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,072

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Says the 26 year old loser going nowhere fast.
I call it like it is. Your political diatribe is beyond pathetic. Like I said, stick to Operation and bragging online about having cool guns and money. I mean seriously, are you that empty that you feel the need to consistently indulge in self-gratification on internet forums? It is sad.

Furthermore, you don't know dick about me. The fact that you are ten years older than me and feel the need to consistently cast assumptions on my life when you don't know your ass from a hole in the ground is beyond pathetic. I do well for myself and am completely happy with where I am at in life. Sorry that I don't share your love for guns and money. Wasn't raised that way. Wait, I won't apologize for not being an abhorrent, materialistic turdball.

But please, continue your childish internet facade. You should start a "Ask A Surgeon" anything thread on 4chan's /b. Youse so smarts.

Last edited by Requiem; 04-14-2013 at 02:48 PM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 02:45 PM   #198
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,072

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
26 now? A whole 8 years in the adult world. Imagine the accumulated knowledge.
Age is a trivial measuring stick for knowledge. There are plenty of "adults" on this forum that clearly demonstrate that. However, I am not surprised you went that route. Lols.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:04 PM   #199
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper
 
chadta's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Posts: 2,935

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Not one singe mention of the trial on ABC, CBS, NBC, or PBS. Not one.
no metion of it at all up here, yet we saw shooting stuff for the first 15 minutes of every news hour for a month after newtown.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #200
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Age is a trivial measuring stick for knowledge. There are plenty of "adults" on this forum that clearly demonstrate that. However, I am not surprised you went that route. Lols.
You say that lacking life experience. College teaches you how to be a liberal and get a good job if you get the right degree. You have little concept about life in the adult world, I assure you. The homeboys in the rap game call it street knowledge.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
DeLay: Illegal immigrants fill jobs that aborted babies can't Spider War, Religion and Politics Thread 7 04-18-2013 09:23 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:07 PM.


Denver Broncos