The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #151
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
I don't support or condone what this one man did,but I don't believe the ultimate goal by the right is to make this national news,but to use this as a way to paint all abortions as horrific.
So killing another human being isn't horrific?

so what you're saying is these kids are just acceptable collateral damage so women can have abortions?
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:11 AM   #152
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

“Media Bias: A basketball coach who shoves and curses at his players merits constant coverage by a media also transfixed by Newtown. But a Philadelphia doctor on trial for murdering a woman and seven babies? It’s ignored.
Those who get their news from the three major networks have probably not heard of Dr. Kermit Gosnell, now on trial in Philadelphia, charged with seven counts of first-degree murder and one count of third-degree murder for killing seven babies who survived abortions and a woman who died after a botched pain-killer injection.
According to the Media Research Center, in one week Rice received 41 minutes, 26 seconds of air time on ABC, CBS and NBC in 36 separate news stories. Gosnell received zero coverage.

If Dr. Gosnell had walked into a nursery and shot seven infants with an AR-15, it would be national news and the subject of presidential hand-wringing.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013...et-theyd-care/
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:17 AM   #153
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

ABC has never carried that story. Not once. Neither has NBC. CBS did … back in 2011 when Gosnell was first arrested. The rest of the media landscape is an equal travesty. CNN did one story on it in 2013, even though the trial has been going on for more than three weeks. Fox has covered it more than most of its TV kin, but it has surprisingly not done a lot.
It’s OK, they’ve been too busy with basketball. Yes, ABC, CBS and NBC have spent 41 minutes and 26 seconds telling viewers about the Rutgers basketball scandal. And not a second about baby murder in Philadelphia. Of course, Rutgers Coach Mike Rice did throw basketballs at grown men, deploy “abusive behavior” and, worst of all, use “homophobic slurs.”
Gosnell’s charges seem mild by comparison. He is charged with murdering seven viable, born-alive babies “by plunging scissors into their spinal cords.” Sherry West, who worked for Gosnell, recently testified she saw an 18- to 24-inch-long newborn. “It didn't have eyes or a mouth but it was like screeching, making this noise. It was weird. It sounded like a little alien,” she told the court.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/...#ixzz2QSHU52gF
Old 04-14-2013, 10:28 AM   #154
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Normally those of us in the news business love trials, the more sensational the better. Just look at the coverage of the Jodi Arias murder trial in Maricopa County, Ariz. — or earlier national obsessions with Casey Anthony and O.J. Simpson.

Which makes the media blackout of one ongoing trial a mystery. Or maybe not.

In Philadelphia, Kermit Gosnell is on trial on eight counts of murder: seven for babies he’s accused of killing with scissors after they were born, and one for a pregnant refugee who died after receiving an overdose of drugs. If true, Gosnell was running a slaughterhouse out of the Middle Ages.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion...3hjaD0imiwHgZI
Old 04-14-2013, 10:31 AM   #155
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Doesn't make it right.

Name another species that kills it's young because they find their off spring inconvenient.
Name another species that can tell us why they killed their young.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #156
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
This is why my dog is my best friend, I don't have much use for most people. They generally disgust me.
I've never seen pictures of homeless humans eating off of human corpses on the banks of the Ganges River.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:39 AM   #157
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
I don't support or condone what this one man did,but I don't believe the ultimate goal by the right is to make this national news,but to use this as a way to paint all abortions as horrific.
Since the only way to remotely paint all abortions as horrific through this story would be to ignore that the pregnancies were very late-term, it seems to me you've got little to nothing to base this opinion on.

Besides, the liberal media is covering it up nicely, so you should feel comfortable. They're still too busy demonizing guns and gun owners due to Holmes and Lanza.

Semiautomatic rifles are used in less than 1% of gun crimes and less than 25% of mass shootings, but let's leave wet, smelly streaks on our computer chairs because these things are such a menace, killing folks left and right all the flipping time. While we're at it, in order to feel better, let's tell people to use shotguns for defense instead in spite of that shotguns kill more people every year than all types of rifles combined.

Then after that, let's take the MENSA entry test because we're certain shoe-ins.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #158
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
But, abortions are legal..... and we were told numerous times that legalizing abortions would prevent this **** from happening.....so please explain why it happened?
REALLY?? This is just an idiotic post. It happened because you have a sick individual practicing within the system. Sort of like those anti gay preachers that are taking it up the pooper. How could that possibly happen?

Last edited by ghwk; 04-14-2013 at 01:25 PM..
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 10:42 AM   #159
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
So killing another human being isn't horrific?

so what you're saying is these kids are just acceptable collateral damage so women can have abortions?
, abortions properly done are not horrific.
peacepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:07 AM   #160
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Depends on how you define horrific.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:08 AM   #161
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
That's because liberalism is a religion where the central tenet is the abolishment of personal responsibility.
You are more intelligent than this. Your posts dripping with global generalization while conclusively labeling liberalism doesn't do you credit. Or at least I hope it doesn't. Step it up and don't pander to emotional conservatism, the exact sort of thing you hate to see from us "liberals".
Old 04-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #162
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghwk View Post
You are more intelligent than this. Your posts dripping with global generalization while conclusively labeling liberalism doesn't do you credit. Or at least I hope it doesn't. Step it up and don't pander to emotional conservatism, the exact sort of thing you hate to see from us "liberals".
Actually, he isn't.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:32 AM   #163
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Actually, he isn't.
Says the 26 year old loser going nowhere fast.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #164
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Where is the handwringing emotional pleas for new regulation to prevent the slaughter of innocent children, blatant racism, and brutality against women? Actually, where is the plain reporting of any aspect of this trial on any national network?
Old 04-14-2013, 11:50 AM   #165
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Says the 26 year old loser going nowhere fast.
26 now? A whole 8 years in the adult world. Imagine the accumulated knowledge.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:51 AM   #166
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Just wondering how often you say this to liberals on this forum? It's about 10 to 1 here in favor of liberals in terms of emotionalism and labeling.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:54 AM   #167
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Wow....un****ingbelievable.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:11 PM   #168
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Don't shoot the messenger, but you have to admit that this is a good and interesting point:

Gosnell is precisely the kind of butcher the pro-choice movement opposes. No one endorses bad medicine and unrestricted, unregulated, cowboy surgery like Gosnell practiced — what he represents is the kind of back-alley deadly hackery that the anti-choice movement would have as the only possible recourse, if they had their way. If anything, the Gosnell case is an argument for legal abortion.

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2...=Google+Reader

Right!

"I'm one of the lucky ones that never enjoyed a day of live, I was aborted legally."
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:13 PM   #169
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
To whom, certainly not the killed child.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:35 PM   #170
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Abortion is a legal medical procedure,obviously those who don't believe in abortion are going to have extreme views on it.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:15 PM   #171
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Where is the handwringing emotional pleas for new regulation to prevent the slaughter of innocent children, blatant racism, and brutality against women? Actually, where is the plain reporting of any aspect of this trial on any national network?
My post was directed solely at your generalization of liberal philosophy, nothing else. You are either getting sloppy or lazy in your old age. Either way you are too smart to be reducing a viewpoint to such general terms.

Your question about where this is in the media to me is valid, it deserves reporting in context to the degree one person committed crimes. Using it as a standard bearing argument against abortion, as some of the posters here would advocate via the lack of coverage, is disingenuous. One Dr. committed crimes, it deserves that level of coverage.

Last edited by ghwk; 04-14-2013 at 01:21 PM..
Old 04-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #172
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
My post was directed solely at your generalization of liberal philosophy, nothing else. You are either getting sloppy or lazy in your old age. Either way you are too smart to be reducing a viewpoint to such general terms.

Your question about where this is in the media to me is valid, it deserves reporting in context to the degree one person committed crimes. Using it as a standard bearing argument against abortion, as some of the posters here would advocate via the lack of coverage is disingenuous. One Dr. committed crimes, it deserves that level of coverage.
Rep.
Old 04-14-2013, 01:19 PM   #173
TonyR
Franchise Poster

I'm curious to know whay y'all think the media's motivation would be to not cover this story. You seriously think there's some sort of conspiracy here?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:20 PM   #174
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Quote:
Just wondering how often you say this to liberals on this forum? It's about 10 to 1 here in favor of liberals in terms of emotionalism and labeling.
It was directed at Bronc solely, mainly because many of his other posts in other areas actually require a level of intelligence to often capture the humor or irony on more than one level. Right or wrong I expect more of him because he's capable, others I'm not so sure of.

With all the blathering you do towards others with differing viewpoints you hardly need my help. Also before you call me out on my supposed hypocracy why don't you check out your own.

Last edited by ghwk; 04-14-2013 at 01:27 PM..
Old 04-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #175
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Right!

"I'm one of the lucky ones that never enjoyed a day of live, I was aborted legally."
You seriously don't understand the point? That making abortion illegal is going to lead to more Kermit Gosnells?
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote