The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #1
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default Kobe vents on Facebook

I found this oddly inspiring...

This is such BS! All the training and sacrifice just flew out the window with one step that I've done millions of times! The frustration is unbearable. The anger is rage. Why the hell did this happen ?!? Makes no damn sense. Now I'm supposed to come back from this and be the same player Or better at 35?!? How in the world am I supposed to do that?? I have NO CLUE. Do I have the consistent will to overcome this thing? Maybe I should break out the rocking chair and reminisce on the career that was. Maybe this is how my book ends. Maybe Father Time has defeated me...Then again maybe not! It's 3:30am, my foot feels like dead weight, my head is spinning from the pain meds and I'm wide awake. Forgive my Venting but what's the purpose of social media if I won't bring it to you Real No Image?? Feels good to vent, let it out. To feel as if THIS is the WORST thing EVER! Because After ALL the venting, a real perspective sets in. There are far greater issues/challenges in the world then a torn achilles. Stop feeling sorry for yourself, find the silver lining and get to work with the same belief, same drive and same conviction as ever. One day, the beginning of a new career journey will commence. Today is NOT that day. "If you see me in a fight with a bear, prey for the bear". Ive always loved that quote. Thats "mamba mentality" we don't quit, we don't cower, we don't run. We endure and conquer. I know it's a long post but I'm Facebook Venting LOL. Maybe now I can actually get some sleep and be excited for surgery tomorrow. First step of a new challenge. Guess I will be Coach Vino the rest of this season. I have faith in my teammates. They will come thru. Thank you for all your prayers and support. Much Love Always. Mamba Out

Last edited by Taco John; 04-13-2013 at 08:15 PM..
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Yeah an odd vent, but I kinda liked it. The one thing you gotta give Kobe is that he doesn't hold his tongue. The only thing is this seems like it wasn't as much of a vent as much as it was prolly pain killer meds induced.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://twitter.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Yeah an odd vent, but I kinda liked it. The one thing you gotta give Kobe is that he doesn't hold his tongue. The only thing is this seems like it wasn't as much of a vent as much as it was prolly pain killer meds induced.
His grammar was too good for that to be medication-induced.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:20 PM   #4
KipCorrington25
Free Safety

What's he pissed about, the room service delivery person was a man?
KipCorrington25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #5
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"

1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Hope the adulterous rapist is done for good.
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:28 PM   #6
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

attention whore
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #7
Ziggy
Pro Bowler

Noob

Poor Kobe. He might have to retire at the age of 35 and settle for the fame and over 220 million dollars that he's made in his career. Retirement is going to be rough if he can't come back from this injury. Maybe we should start a support group for him.
Ziggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:20 PM   #8
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
attention whore
bingo
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #9
Rolandftw

I liked the rant. Don't see a lot of professional athletes do something like this. Not saying I agree with a lot of Kobe's personal decisions, but he definitely comes off as more real then a lot of professional athletes.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #10
Ironlung
Terminator

Snake Bitten

So he's saying...if he fought a bear, the bear would eat him?
Ironlung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 10:35 PM   #11
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Last edited by bronco militia; 04-13-2013 at 10:51 PM..
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:02 PM   #12
schaaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironlung View Post
So he's saying...if he fought a bear, the bear would eat him?
I believe he said "prey for the bear." I may not be one of the greatest basketball players ever or I may not make millions per year, but I feel proud to know that I use the correct form of the word pray.

Old 04-13-2013, 11:04 PM   #13
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
His grammar was too good for that to be medication-induced.
"If you see me in a fight with a bear, prey for the bear".

While "prey" could fit into part of this meaning, I think he meant "pray". The prey would be him according to his quote (which is wrong if he is the Black Mamba).

I like the rant. He cares and always has and doesn't hold it back like so many people I know. People will kiss ass to be liked by all. Kobe lets it out (and sometimes he needs to know when to speak out). It is facebook and he was being sincere and personal. Big deal.

Also, Kate was a slut.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #14
extralife
Ring of Famer

if you believe he was being "sincere," then you also have to believe that he literally changed his mind in the middle of typing a 300 word post, given that he went from crying to pulling the trite--and typically kobe--I-will-persevere line in about three sentences.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 11:56 PM   #15
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Kobe has always been kind of weird and douchey but he is the ultimate competitor. The guy is a warrior and everyone should want a player like that on their team.
McDman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:50 AM   #16
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

He'll get over it.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:01 AM   #17
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I don't understand why somebody like him would vent on facebook. I'm sure he's got 100 friends, and his family that he can vent to instead of facebook. I could see something short, like, this sucks bad, don't know what I'm gonna do. It does scream a little I need attention.

Sorry Kobe, after we all just saw what that kid from Louisville went through, We're not all crushed over your torn achilles. You've won a alot of rings, got fame and money. Just chill. If you comeback some later day, cool. If not, it happens to everybody. Maybe this is your time.

Last edited by ZONA; 04-14-2013 at 01:04 AM..
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:05 AM   #18
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Mamba dont give a shiat. Woah watch out says that bird.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 03:25 AM   #19
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

The reactions to this are kind of funny to me. This is a real human moment to me. I can't help but try to see things from his perspective for a moment and wonder what it might be like to be in the same situation, frustrated, and looking into the void of your future. Not many celebrities give their fans and haters a peek into their psyche like this. This is a genuine peek into his soul.

I'm no Kobe fan, but I can't deny the guy is a winner, and I'm definitely interested to get this glimpse at his thought process at such a profound juncture in his life.
Taco John is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #20
Meck77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
The reactions to this are kind of funny to me. This is a real human moment to me. I can't help but try to see things from his perspective for a moment and wonder what it might be like to be in the same situation, frustrated, and looking into the void of your future. Not many celebrities give their fans and haters a peek into their psyche like this. This is a genuine peek into his soul.

I'm no Kobe fan, but I can't deny the guy is a winner, and I'm definitely interested to get this glimpse at his thought process at such a profound juncture in his life.
Same goes for Jake Plummer?
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:28 AM   #21
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post

Would you really expect anything less from the populous of this board? This thread went about as expected.

I'm definitely a Kobe guy. Hate the Lakers, but he's an absolute legend. Hope he can make it back.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 08:18 AM   #22
DENVERDUI55

Kobe just needs to find a young girl to sodomize and he will be just fine.
Old 04-14-2013, 10:27 AM   #23
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Kobe just needs to find a young girl to sodomize and he will be just fine.
aaaaaand.... /thread.
ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:06 PM   #24
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

Kobe Bryant is the ultimate competitor, he cares about only 1 thing - winning and being #1. he would give his soul for that, i admire that mentality over anything in the world. If you're not sickeningly competitive, maybe you don't get it. I know every time i see him, i'm inspired to work harder, to push longer.

While everyone else is stuck in luxuries, political correctness, and the comforts of life in general, Kobe Bryant is training - alone, in the dark, with the singular goal of being the best.

He has the greatest curse -the curse to be great.

- mamba supporter out.
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 12:31 PM   #25
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

He comes off like a self-absorbed douchebag who gave himself his own nickname.

Which is, of course, exactly what he is. Phoney to the core.

We get it, you got injured after 17 years. BFD happens to athletes everyday.

Somehow they get through it without the "mamba mentality" even though they did not give themselves the nickname "Black Mamba"

Everything Kobe does, even "spontaneous" rants, is orchestrated manipulative narcissistic personality disorder.
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote