The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #176
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Here's the link to the Stanford site where the UV photo of Hale-Bopp was posted. Stanford credited the shot to SOHO/SWAN.

http://solar-center.stanford.edu/art/comet.html

Stanford was wedded to the ice model. They claimed that Hale-Bopp outgassed water vapor and solar energy caused the water to breakup into Oxygen and Hydrogen gas.

Not likely since Hale-Bopp is a rock. But also because this cloud of hydrogen was 60 million miles across. That's 7 times the diameter of the sun.
This is neither surprising or problematic. Hale-Bopp is not a rock, it's a clump of various minerals bound, including a substantial amount of water ice. We've been over this ad naseum.

Quote:
How to explain the Hydrogen?
Stanford (as well as a basic understanding of the physics involved) already does. It's not at all mysterious unless you're completely ignorant.

Quote:
My take - this is not an outgassing, but a case of attraction: the solar wind -- hydrogen nuclei -- positively charged protons being attracted to a negatively charged comet nucleus.
Your take is worthless. You have no knowledge or credibility whatsoever.

Quote:
In other words -- with this photo -- we are looking at hard evidence of an electromagnetic phenomenon at macro scale- - something that mainstream science says does not happen.
Again, your opinion is worthless as it's based on nothing more than fantasy.

Quote:
No one has ever proved that comet tails are the result of outgassing.
:eyeroll: Yes it has been proven. Just because you refuse to accept the evidence in favor of your delusions doesn't mean it isn't there.

Last edited by Fedaykin; 04-12-2013 at 06:24 PM..
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:23 PM   #177
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
He can start by trying to justify his "comets gain mass" view that doesn't result in the comet being completely vaporized in very short order.
Not to mention his other big claim that his "theory" rests on -- that the solar wind has a net charge -- is also ridiculous (being measurably and theoretically incorrect).
Old 04-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #178
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

I see Ghaff is still bat**** crazy
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 01:58 PM   #179
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Feydakin,

I searched the US Berkeley Physics-Astronomy library for over a year and never found any research proving that the material in cometary tails is outgassed from the nucleus. Not one paper.

For that matter I never found any research proving that the material in the coma of comets outgassed from the nucleus. In the absence of evidence -- you have to conclude that these are assumptions.

You clearly subscribe to the ice hypothesis. But you are giving too much credit to those who presume to know.

Please post the evidence -- or papers -- that back up your assertion -- and I'll look at it.
MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:12 PM   #180
W*GS
Ring of Famer

gaffe, you didn't look very hard.

Making a comet nucleus

A comet model. I. The acceleration of Comet Encke

Atlas of Cometary Spectra
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:13 PM   #181
The Lone Bolt
Ring of Famer

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Quote:
Feydakin,

I searched the US Berkeley Physics-Astronomy library for over a year and never found any research proving that the material in cometary tails is outgassed from the nucleus. Not one paper.

For that matter I never found any research proving that the material in the coma of comets outgassed from the nucleus. In the absence of evidence -- you have to conclude that these are assumptions.

You clearly subscribe to the ice hypothesis. But you are giving too much credit to those who presume to know.

Please post the evidence -- or papers -- that back up your assertion -- and I'll look at it dismiss it as untrustworthy.
MHG

Fixed it for ya.
The Lone Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 05:21 PM   #182
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Feydakin,

Please post the evidence -- or papers -- that back up your assertion -- and I'll look at it.
MHG
We've been over this before gaff-o. Just because you're too dishonest to accept it doesn't mean the evidence doesn't exist. Mountains of evidence exist about the composition of comets and their tails (including directly collected samples and nice pictures showing out-gassing occurring -- as well as the direct measurement data that demonstrates both the composition and dynamics of those jets).

I'd called you a moron, but clearly your issue is a deep seated, fundamental inability to engage the real world with even an iota of integrity.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #183
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
I'd called you a moron, but clearly your issue is a deep seated, fundamental inability to engage the real world with even an iota of integrity.
Yep - he lies and then calls us all stupid and dupes and morons.

gaffe has issues with reality.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:24 PM   #184
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
We've been over this before gaff-o. Just because you're too dishonest to accept it doesn't mean the evidence doesn't exist. Mountains of evidence exist about the composition of comets and their tails (including directly collected samples and nice pictures showing out-gassing occurring -- as well as the direct measurement data that demonstrates both the composition and dynamics of those jets).

No we have not been over this before.

The biggest problem with science is the arrogance and closed mindedness of the men doing it. This is you, Feydakin.

You make a colossal mistake -- when you interpret skepticism as dishonesty That's your ego talking.

BTW pictures of "so called" jets are not proof.

Give me a link to a paper with those measurements. I'll check
Old 04-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #185
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The biggest problem with science is the arrogance and closed mindedness of the men doing it.
This is you, gaffe. You demand acceptance based only on your say-so. You call skeptics of your opinions morons and worse.

McCanney needs to fix the foundational errors in his theories before there's a chance they'll be contemplated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney
BTW pictures of "so called" jets are not proof.
You put up pictures all the time and call them proof.

Quote:
Give me a link to a paper with those measurements. I'll check
Check out the comet spectra atlas link I gave. If you dare.
Old 04-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #186
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

We are being told that the nucleus of comet Hale Bopp, an object too small even to show up in that photo -- outgassed a cloud of hydrogen gas 60 million miles across.

That's almost two thirds of the distance from the earth to the sun.

Is that plausible?

What is more, the outer layer of the largest object in the solar system, the sun, is a seething ocean of free electrons -- in other words, is electric. Yet we are told that the electromagnetic force plays no role in celestial events.

Incidentally, we are told these scientific truths by the same experts who cannot explain where lightning comes from.

If you believe these folks - -then I have some tropical real estate in Nome AK I'd like to show you.

MHG

Last edited by mhgaffney; 04-15-2013 at 04:00 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 03:46 PM   #187
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
We are being told that an itty bitty object (the nucleus of comet Hale Bopp), an object too small even to show up in that photo -- outgassed a cloud of hydrogen gas 60 million miles across.
What's the density of the interplanetary medium?

Quote:
If you believe these folks - -then I have some tropical real estate in Nome AK I'd like to show you.
Can you explain how Hale-Bopp was not destroyed by the inflow of matter accumulating upon it?

Show me the flaws in Plait's calculation. Can you do the math?
Old 04-15-2013, 04:03 PM   #188
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Why would it be destroyed?

I am not a mathematician. However, Sir Fred Hoyle, a far more accomplished mathematician than Phil Plaitt, rejected Whipple's dirty snowball comet model at the time of Halley's last pass in 1986.

Hoyle concluded the ice model is absurd. You gonna ridicule him as well?
Old 04-15-2013, 05:18 PM   #189
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Why would it be destroyed?
Because the kinetic energy of the incoming mass would obliterate it.

Didn't you read either of my posts with Plait's calculation? Clearly you did not.

Ignoring things that you don't understand doesn't make them go away.
Old 05-09-2013, 12:00 PM   #190
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Adopt-a-Bronco:
John Moffitt

IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #191
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
That, and $3.56 will get you a tall latte.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote