The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2013, 10:43 AM   #226
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Oh I agree...I'm very happy with the FO and Karl, although I sometimes think WTF with some of his decision....that's why he coaches and I don't!! LMAO
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:44 AM   #227
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
If the Nuggets have all these allege "assets" you have to ship them for an elite piece.
We HAVE an elite piece and his name is Ty Lawson.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:51 AM   #228
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
If the Nuggets have all these allege "assets" you have to ship them for an elite piece.
First off, would the elite piece want to be here? Not many elite pieces do, if any. Most of them are b****es that want to play on the coasts.

Second, would the elite piece commit to what Karl is coaching, and play intense defense while being unselfish on offense? Or would that piece demand 30 shots a game and be a ball stopper?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:08 AM   #229
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncswin View Post
That's how we got these ASSETS. We had a superstar and he was a little Biatch that whined his a$$ outta town...apparently superstars don't want to play here. You have a guy on your team that bailed on his former team as well...I have no respect for players like that...so we will stick with what we have and hope to shock the world.
I don't blame Bosh for wanting to play somewhere else, plus he was a free agent.

maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:09 AM   #230
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
We HAVE an elite piece and his name is Ty Lawson.
If Lawson is an elite piece, you better get more players to complement him.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #231
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
First off, would the elite piece want to be here? Not many elite pieces do, if any. Most of them are b****es that want to play on the coasts.

Second, would the elite piece commit to what Karl is coaching, and play intense defense while being unselfish on offense? Or would that piece demand 30 shots a game and be a ball stopper?
That piece needs to be an elite scorer, which the Nuggets do not have. I commend them for putting pieces together, but they need to make the trade for the next step.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:40 AM   #232
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
If Lawson is an elite piece, you better get more players to complement him.
Have you just refused to watch the nuggets or even look at the standings?

And this attitude that once the playoffs start everything just automatically reverts to a half court sludgefest....we'll see about that too. Like I said, the nuggets are great at sucking teams into a running game. If opponents want a half court snorefest when they play us they'd better be sprinting back after turnovers, missed shots, even made shots...cuz this team is always looking for an opportunity to catch opponents sleeping.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #233
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
That piece needs to be an elite scorer, which the Nuggets do not have. I commend them for putting pieces together, but they need to make the trade for the next step.
Really...give me a name then...who should the Nuggets go after? I contend that if you just inserted melo onto this team as is they would not be any better, and in fact would be worse than they are right now.

Because any elite player or scorer they would get would have to buy into what Karl is coaching, otherwise everything gets ****ed up.

Last edited by spdirty; 04-12-2013 at 11:45 AM..
Old 04-12-2013, 11:47 AM   #234
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Most likely free agent signing is rumored to be Kyle Korver. Consistent 3 point threat.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2011/kyle-korver

Denver post story.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/...ffseason/8339/

Last edited by DenverBrit; 04-12-2013 at 11:51 AM..
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:55 AM   #235
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Most likely free agent signing is rumored to be Kyle Korver. Consistent 3 point threat.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2011/kyle-korver

Denver post story.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/nuggets/...ffseason/8339/

Thatd be cool, so long as we keep brewer around.
Old 04-12-2013, 08:22 PM   #236
spiralism

Picked a great time to lose. Now we have three games that are all absolute MUSTS to win or we end up 5th. Portland and Phoenix are always tricky for us and we're long overdue at home. Milwaukee on the road. There's at least one defeat there if not more.
Old 04-13-2013, 07:51 AM   #237
bronco_diesel
giddy-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Picked a great time to lose. Now we have three games that are all absolute MUSTS to win or we end up 5th. Portland and Phoenix are always tricky for us and we're long overdue at home. Milwaukee on the road. There's at least one defeat there if not more.
I think they can pull off all 3. Honestly I am kind of glad to see them in this spot to see how they respond. If anything we can get 2 of the 3. Memphis and LAC play each other tonight.
bronco_diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:01 AM   #238
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Someone's being a negative nancy. If the Clippers win tonight, we'll be fine. Portland and Phoenix are coming here, they have their trips for Vegas planned, and just want to come here, take their medicine, and leave. Milwaukee is the big one. We will need to beat Milwaukee on the road on the 2nd of a back to back. They are locked into the 8 seed so hopefully they will rest their starters that night.
Old 04-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #239
crush17
orange & blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thanks Champ!

Having the tie-breaker over both LA and Memphis is looking pretty huge right about now...
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 08:33 AM   #240
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

the nuggets biggest problem in the playoffs will be finding a consistent hot hand to keep them in and close out games.
the deeper they go the more important it will be. you know Ty Lawson is going to set up his teammates and get his. but he's not an elite scorer and they will need someone to put up buckets on a consistent basis and carry them at times.

can they do that against a tough defensive team in a 7 game series? we'll find out.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:14 PM   #241
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

Now Faried goes down! This team as some bad karma going on!
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:29 PM   #242
bombay
Ring of Famer

It was great to see Ty starting to look like he's in game shape and getting his quicks back. Several good spins and drives to the hoop. Twelve points, 10 assists, 4 boards, and 4 steals. Another explosive game for Fournier, too. Twenty-four points on 8-12 shooting, 4 boards, 4 assists, and 3 steals. This team is so much fun to watch.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 07:33 PM   #243
Tim

Clinched home court!
Old 04-15-2013, 07:51 PM   #244
spiralism

That game wasnt good for the heart... just one more now, i want no part of Memphis. Hopefully we don't fall victim to the George Karl hoodoo against crap teams against PHX wednesday now. Ideally we win and Houston stays 6th, we're a good matchup with them i feel. They turn it over like nobodys business and wont try dragging us into a halfcourt slugfest.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:55 PM   #245
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
That game wasnt good for the heart... just one more now, i want no part of Memphis. Hopefully we don't fall victim to the George Karl hoodoo against crap teams against PHX wednesday now. Ideally we win and Houston stays 6th, we're a good matchup with them i feel. They turn it over like nobodys business and wont try dragging us into a halfcourt slugfest.
Agree. If Houston wins and Golden State loses tonight, Houston has 6th locked up since they have the tiebreaker. Right now Houston taking a dump against Phoenix and GS playing the Spurs and it just started.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:53 PM   #246
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Agree. If Houston wins and Golden State loses tonight, Houston has 6th locked up since they have the tiebreaker. Right now Houston taking a dump against Phoenix and GS playing the Spurs and it just started.
Great. PHX in a bit of form for Wednesday then. Mind you, knowing Karl in those kind of games, i'd be just as worried if they were on a 9 game losing streak
Old 04-16-2013, 09:34 AM   #247
Greatspirits
Perennial Pro-bowler

"Little Von!"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trev

It looks like it's going to be Golden State which worries me. I'd rather play Houston. The Warriors back court of Curry and Thompson are some shootin fools and the Nugz don't particularly defend the 3 very well.
Greatspirits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 09:49 AM   #248
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I doubt he is just resting the players to rest them. They are in a statistical tie with OKC and Denver is only 3 games behind them. I doubt he wants to give up home court advantage to either of them.
See last nights lineup for the spurs? Still doubt it? No duncan no Parker no ginobili no Diaw no Kawhi. That's their 5 best players all sitting in a game that could decide a seed.

Pop doesn't care about seeds.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #249
nyuk nyuk

As a Denver native with previous copious experience watching the buttNuggets, I can assure you all this is what will happen:

They'll choke in the playoffs.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:02 AM   #250
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

GS is about the worst match up for the Nuggs. especially if Faried isn't 100%.
Curry can light it up like a fiend.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote