The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #1
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster
Default Todd Mcshay Mock 5.0

I dont have ESPN insider, can anyone post this please?

or just pm me if need be?

I am curious to see his mock. Thanks in advance!

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...raft-scenarios
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
Cool Breeze
Ring of Famer

Broncos Rock!

1 Chiefs = Joeckel
2 Jaguars = Jordan
3 Raiders = Ansah
4 EAGLES = Lotulelei
5 Lions = Fisher
6 Browns = Geno Smith
7 Cardinals = Lane Johnson
8 Bills = Warmack
9 Jets = Milliner
10 Titans = Floyd
11 Chargers = Cooper
12 Dolphins = Rhodes
13 Buccaneers = Austin
14 Panthers = Richardson
15 Saints = Mingo
16 Rams = Patterson
17 Steelers = Jarvis Jones
18 Cowboys = Vaccaro
19 Giants = Fluker
20 Bears = Eifert
21 Bengals = Trufant
22 Rams (from WSH) = Lacy
23 Vikings = Ogletree
24 Colts = Hayden
25 Vikings (from SEA) = Sylvester Williams
26 Packers = Pugh
27 Texans = Watson
28 Broncos = Werner
29 Patriots = Datone Jones
30 Falcons = Jamar Taylor
31 49ers = Cyprien
32 Ravens = Te'o
Cool Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:01 PM   #3
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

If the Browns draft Geno Smith I will be laughing hysterically. It's much worse than trading up for Trent Richardson. I'm not so sure Geno is the first QB drafted, let alone he's taken in the top 10.

You have to wonder where Geno would be drafted if he was in last year's draft. Or, in a total hypothetical situation where all of last year's QBs are drafted this year, where would Geno be taken?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #4
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

not sure Geno at 6 is laughable to a team that NEEDS a QB terribly.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 PM   #5
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

I'd be happy with Werner, seems like he has a higher ceiling than his counterpart carradine that a lot of people have us taking.
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:18 PM   #6
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I'd take Weeden over Geno. Geno has one thing on Weeden, he's younger. But other than that, is there really any chance Geno beats out Weeden for the starting spot? The Browns have a lot of issues but is Geno going to fix their offense?
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:37 PM   #7
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

I'd cream my boxer briefs and wear them on my head for a day if Björn Werner fell to the 28th pick and Denver drafted him.

I don't see Björn Werner falling anywhere near Denver's pick.

Apparently, he isn't viewed as a Top 10 pick any longer though....but I think he'll be a stud in the NFL.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #8
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

I like Werner best as a base-end but he definitely has some pass rush ability and would be a very solid pick. He could rotate with Ayers on the weak side and could play in nickel situations.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:05 PM   #9
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Werner is a Kevin Vandenbosh clone. His pass rushing skills are overrated. Half of them came from two games this year. Actually more than half.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #10
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Werner is a Kevin Vandenbosh clone. His pass rushing skills are overrated. Half of them came from two games this year. Actually more than half.
This! And I am not a huge fan of Tank either.. Brandon Jenkins was the talent in that program.. It was him being double teamed that opened things up for Werner and Tank.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #11
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

You guys mean Kyle Vanden Bosch?

There could be worse players to compare him to, Kyle Vanden Bosch has had a couple of 12+ sack seasons and has played in the league 12 years.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:39 PM   #12
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Yes, Kyle -- sorry.

And it wasn't a slamming comparison. It was pretty high praise, but yeah. Except he had 3 seasons with over 8 sacks, one for 6.5 and the rest were under 5. I expect 7-8 to be what Werner would get consistently. JMHO.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #13
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Yes, Kyle -- sorry.

And it wasn't a slamming comparison. It was pretty high praise, but yeah. Except he had 3 seasons with over 8 sacks, one for 6.5 and the rest were under 5. I expect 7-8 to be what Werner would get consistently. JMHO.
Kyle had a couple knee injuries during his career (first three seasons) so that is why his sack numbers are so up and down. Maybe if Werner can avoid those he will be more consistent player for us.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #14
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
not sure Geno at 6 is laughable to a team that NEEDS a QB terribly.

I don't think he's a top-6 prospect
Old 04-11-2013, 06:55 PM   #15
R-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
I don't think he's a top-6 prospect
And who is in this draft? Ansah? Floyd? Milliner?
Old 04-11-2013, 07:14 PM   #16
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Mac View Post
And who is in this draft? Ansah? Floyd? Milliner?
I'd rate all those guys over Smith, sure.

I took Smith in the OM mock draft so I'm not really that down on him. I just don't think he's a top 6 prospect. I don't think any QB is this year.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #17
R-Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosfanGuy View Post
I'd rate all those guys over Smith, sure.

I took Smith in the OM mock draft so I'm not really that down on him. I just don't think he's a top 6 prospect. I don't think any QB is this year.
I think this draft has become a bizarre process where the QBs are being dragged through the mud, and at the same time the players at the top are escaping with extreme flaws. Every detail for the QBs is an issue, they are all inconsistent, but what about the other players?

Ansah is the DE version of Dontari Poe. All the athletic ability, but very raw and with low production in college. Charles Davis said some interesting things about Ansah, calling him overhyped. Body of work: 9 games as a starter. Was a backup last season until other players got hurt. Football was his last resort after he was cut from the basketball team twice. The guy came from Ghana; who knows how old he really is.

Ansah was a monster in the Senior Bowl game (hint: like Robert Ayers...) where there are no adjustments and there are a lot of breakdowns on assignments. During the week of practice, Ansah was nothing special, just average 1-on-1. And now he is a top 5 pick? Because of potential? Well, the QBs also have potential, especially the ones with strong arm and superior mobility.

Floyd has short arms for a DT, did not produce as a pass rusher. He is good, can create some pressure, but did not finish plays as a pass rusher. I did not see him dominate the line of scrimmage, he is not strong against double teams. Looks like a 4-3, 1-gap DT so he might not be that versatile. He played DE in 2011 but what did he accomplish there? 4.5 career sacks, 31 3/4" arms. Is this a top 5 pick? How?

Milliner is another questionable player being pushed to the top. He was not a starter in 2011, playing behind De'Quan Menzie. Became a starter in 2012 and deflected a lot of passes, but he lacks ball skills to create turnovers. In the top 5, teams should look for CBs that are playmakers with great coverage and also ball skills. He tries to make plays against the run but is inconsistent with his tackling. A good CB with size and speed, but he did not do enough to be a top 5 pick. Maybe the Alabama logo on his helmet is helping his stock.

These other players also have a lot of holes but the QBs - probably because of their importance combined with overreaction after the previous class - are the ones dealing with heavy, detailed criticism.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:00 AM   #18
Bacchus

Werner would be awesome, I don't think I have seen any mocks where he fell to Denver.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:06 AM   #19
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Carradine > Werner
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:27 AM   #20
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Carradine > Werner
Jenkins>The rest
Old 04-12-2013, 08:39 AM   #21
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Mac View Post
I think this draft has become a bizarre process where the QBs are being dragged through the mud, and at the same time the players at the top are escaping with extreme flaws. Every detail for the QBs is an issue, they are all inconsistent, but what about the other players?

Ansah is the DE version of Dontari Poe. All the athletic ability, but very raw and with low production in college. Charles Davis said some interesting things about Ansah, calling him overhyped. Body of work: 9 games as a starter. Was a backup last season until other players got hurt. Football was his last resort after he was cut from the basketball team twice. The guy came from Ghana; who knows how old he really is.

Ansah was a monster in the Senior Bowl game (hint: like Robert Ayers...) where there are no adjustments and there are a lot of breakdowns on assignments. During the week of practice, Ansah was nothing special, just average 1-on-1. And now he is a top 5 pick? Because of potential? Well, the QBs also have potential, especially the ones with strong arm and superior mobility.

Floyd has short arms for a DT, did not produce as a pass rusher. He is good, can create some pressure, but did not finish plays as a pass rusher. I did not see him dominate the line of scrimmage, he is not strong against double teams. Looks like a 4-3, 1-gap DT so he might not be that versatile. He played DE in 2011 but what did he accomplish there? 4.5 career sacks, 31 3/4" arms. Is this a top 5 pick? How?

Milliner is another questionable player being pushed to the top. He was not a starter in 2011, playing behind De'Quan Menzie. Became a starter in 2012 and deflected a lot of passes, but he lacks ball skills to create turnovers. In the top 5, teams should look for CBs that are playmakers with great coverage and also ball skills. He tries to make plays against the run but is inconsistent with his tackling. A good CB with size and speed, but he did not do enough to be a top 5 pick. Maybe the Alabama logo on his helmet is helping his stock.

These other players also have a lot of holes but the QBs - probably because of their importance combined with overreaction after the previous class - are the ones dealing with heavy, detailed criticism.
QB's have a lot more criticism on them now because very few of them play in anything resembling a prostyle offense. Way too many, including Geno Smith, have played predominantly in the shotgun in college in a spread only Offense. It makes a very difficult evaluation to a pro style offense for many reasons. The hardest part is the damn snap and turning their backs to the Pre-snap cues. The second is reading a defense without the help of spreading them out. The third is calling plays at the LOS once the COACHES not the QB sees the presnap read. Mental experience for QB's coming out of college has decreased significantly due to all these factors.

QB, more than any other position, relies on making quick, ACCURATE reads both presnap to get into a favorable play, and post snap in a passing coverage and route recognition need. Physically, these QB's have a lot skills coming out, but the NFL is a MENTAL league. It is extremely detailed and precise compared to college. So, these QB's have to have experience in a pro style offense (Andrew Luck with Harbaugh and being able to audible) or superior skills sets (RGIII or Russell Wilson to run an option offense) to impact right away at the next level and deserve a First round pick.

That is WHY they get so much scrutiny on skill sets, but its also a must have position to succeed Consistently in today's NFL. Way too many physically skilled QB's with Low mental capabilities have busted in the first round over the years. And they used to weigh you down in the Salary cap if you whiffed too.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #22
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Geno will go top 10.. to many crappy teams need a QB that wont be able to wait
Old 04-12-2013, 10:18 AM   #23
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Jenkins>The rest
McShay>price
Price is only pimping Tank and Moore because his LSU fling flamed out.
Old 04-12-2013, 10:33 AM   #24
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
McShay>price
Price is only pimping Tank and Moore because his LSU fling flamed out.
!

Better trade up for Moore!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:48 AM   #25
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
!

Better trade up for Moore!
Well he is the only player in the draft capable of sacking a NFL QB.

Seriously I like Moore as well prospect. Miller would be thrilled to have him in Denver too. Still I wouldn't trade up to get him! Also I can't help but get this Everette Brown vib about him. Maybe it's because he just doesn't seem like a guy that is going to put in the work to be great.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: