The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #201
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Popovich has been resting everyone claiming injury. It's like he doesn't want the top seed. Maybe a little scared of the lakers? No Parker no ginobili. No Diaw. No Jackson against the nuggets?? That's more than half the best players. Sore neck? Really?
I doubt he is just resting the players to rest them. They are in a statistical tie with OKC and Denver is only 3 games behind them. I doubt he wants to give up home court advantage to either of them.
Old 04-11-2013, 01:29 PM   #202
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I doubt he is just resting the players to rest them. They are in a statistical tie with OKC and Denver is only 3 games behind them. I doubt he wants to give up home court advantage to either of them.
This is a guy who has no problem sitting out players all at once. There is nothing wrong with Diaw or Jackson. He actually listed Duncan's injury as being "old" on an injury report. He just has been rotating players sitting games last few weeks. Ginobili is about the only player injured. If playoffs started today every spur would be in uniform. Spurs already been fined for doing this. Listing them under injury is less expensive. Last few games left their line ups will be way different.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-11-2013 at 01:42 PM..
Old 04-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #203
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
This is a guy who has no problem sitting out players all at once. There is nothing wrong with Diaw or Jackson. He actually listed Duncan's injury as being "old" on an injury report.
That's funny.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #204
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That's funny.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #205
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

My biggest fear is the nugz lose their mojo in the playoffs. George Karl teams tend to do this.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #206
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
My biggest fear is the nugz lose their mojo in the playoffs. George Karl teams tend to do this.
They have a good home court that'll get them through the 1st round. And a deep bench with different players contributing. So if someone loses their mojo another can pick up the slack. OKC spurs and nugs are the top shelf in the west.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:51 PM   #207
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'm more worried about how we don't have a star to draw all the fouls that stars get even more of in the playoffs. Even when we get to the line we miss half our free throws. Those things add up.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:04 PM   #208
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I'm more worried about how we don't have a star to draw all the fouls that stars get even more of in the playoffs. Even when we get to the line we miss half our free throws. Those things add up.
Really? Last night the announcers kept saying how high the nugs are ranked at getting to the free throw line.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:07 PM   #209
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Really? Last night the announcers kept saying how high the nugs are ranked at getting to the free throw line.
post season is always different. The refs don't call it equally in the post season, they give the big names a free pass and then throw flags at teams like the nugz for ticky tack stuff. I've seen this too many times to have any faith that the refs will be different this coming post season. For teams like the nugz, not only do they have to outplay the opposing team, they have to overcome lousy officiating. I don't think George Karl is up to it IMHO.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #210
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
They still only hit about 60% of their free throws. So getting to the line isn't the issue, hitting shots is
BroncoMan4ever is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #211
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
They still only hit about 60% of their free throws. So getting to the line isn't the issue, hitting shots is
Ouch. Ya getting to the line alot with a high 60s percentage is not good.

Could be better the refs didnt blow the whistle for them in the postseason. That kind of stat can lose a series.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #212
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Could be better the refs didnt blow the whistle for them in the postseason. That kind of stat can lose a series.
you do realize that hitting 60% (the nuggs actually shoot 70 percent) of your free throws is better than hitting zero percent of them, which is what you hit if you are never on the line, right?

I mean, your post is straight up Objectively Dumb.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:29 PM   #213
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
you do realize that hitting 60% (the nuggs actually shoot 70 percent) of your free throws is better than hitting zero percent of them, which is what you hit if you are never on the line, right?

Defensive intensity and the ability to trap their opponents into a reckless running game is what will give the Nuggets success in the playoffs. Their free throw shooting is what it is. At this point I'll take 70% in the playoffs.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #214
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Really? It was a ****ing joke. Wake up stupid. But there is some obscure logic to it. If you go to the line and miss, it not only takes away your possesion to score , it also stops the clock for the team that's behind. It's why some teams foul players on purpose cause they brick free throws.

And by the way in anal terms, .697 is technically not .700 (edit that was a joke too)

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-11-2013 at 07:56 PM..
Old 04-11-2013, 09:25 PM   #215
extralife
Ring of Famer

there is no logic to it, obscure or not, but nice job pretending it was a "joke post."
Old 04-11-2013, 09:50 PM   #216
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
there is no logic to it, obscure or not, but nice job pretending it was a "joke post."
Cool story bro. The joke was a reference to someone mentioning how they won't get the whistles in the playoffs

Ya I've never seen a team purposely foul other teams to come back in a game. Far be it from that team missing the free throws and losing the game. It's insane to commit fouls on purpose!

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-11-2013 at 09:57 PM..
Old 04-11-2013, 11:40 PM   #217
extralife
Ring of Famer

fouling when time is a factor has literally nothing to do with anything you mentioned in your original post.
Old 04-12-2013, 07:48 AM   #218
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
fouling when time is a factor has literally nothing to do with anything you mentioned in your original post.
Bull**** it doesn't. You commented on a joke by saying something about 0%. Im pointing out how a bad FT team can hurt themselves by having an increased percentage of FTs during a game. Guess you don't know what a hack a shack or hack a Howard is. A horrible free throw player shooting zero free throws in a game is better off for that team. Why the hell would a coach foul a player on purpose and make him go to the line if it didnt benefit him? Popovich did it lots of times to shaq. He even did it in the first 10 seconds of the first game of a season as a joke. Apparantly you wouldn't get that cause you can't understand when a joke or sarcasm is thrown out there.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-12-2013 at 08:02 AM..
Old 04-12-2013, 08:10 AM   #219
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I had no idea my comment was so provocative...
Old 04-12-2013, 08:20 AM   #220
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I had no idea my comment was so provocative...
Hah.. I read it and went "yep". It's more or less conventional wisdom, and it's been an issue for the Nuggets before. Hopefully this year they'll be able to find a way to get some whistles.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 08:35 AM   #221
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

If you play fast and attack the key you will get fouled. They've been able to do that all year.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:40 AM   #222
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
If you play fast and attack the key you will get fouled. They've been able to do that all year.
playoff ball grinds down to halfcourt, hence star power gets you the calls which enables you to hit the free throw line and put the opposition in foul trouble.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 09:44 AM   #223
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
If the Nuggets have all these allege "assets" you have to ship them for an elite piece.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:21 AM   #224
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
If the Nuggets have all these allege "assets" you have to ship them for an elite piece.
That's how we got these ASSETS. We had a superstar and he was a little Biatch that whined his a$$ outta town...apparently superstars don't want to play here. You have a guy on your team that bailed on his former team as well...I have no respect for players like that...so we will stick with what we have and hope to shock the world.
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 10:32 AM   #225
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Well something can be said for our ability to develop talent. The Nuggets really have developed their pieces very well and you could argue added value. Look at Fournier in his limited time here. Look at Lawson.