The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #926
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Juwan The Headless Thompson Gunner!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Anyone else see the article that said Jamarcus had to put his comeback on hold because he still needs to lose about 30 lbs?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #927
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Anyone else see the article that said Jamarcus had to put his comeback on hold because he still needs to lose about 30 lbs?
I'll bet Jamarcus $5000 that this comeback isn't going to happen. Ja... give me call once your jet touches down, or you leave White Castle, or you recover from the drank hangover, whatever.... let's make this bet a reality.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #928
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
I'll bet Jamarcus $5000 that this comeback isn't going to happen. Ja... give me call once your jet touches down, or you leave White Castle, or whatever.... let's make this bet a reality.
He is keeping the weight on to cover up his Purple Drank sipping. Just one more week man, then I will stop, I can stop at any time...sip...arghaaaaaaahhhh...
Old 04-10-2013, 08:55 PM   #929
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
He is keeping the weight on to cover up his Purple Drank sipping. Just one more week man, then I will stop, I can stop at any time...arghaaaaaaahhhh...
lol, you got the post in before I could finish drank my edit. now it just looks like i'm copying you...
Old 04-10-2013, 08:57 PM   #930
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
He is keeping the weight on to cover up his Purple Drank sipping. Just one more week man, then I will stop, I can stop at any time...sip...arghaaaaaaahhhh...
To be fair though, who doesn't like some drank?

Seriously... it's awesome.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:02 PM   #931
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
To be fair though, who doesn't like some drank?

Seriously... it's awesome.
Who needs the sprite and jolly rancher? I take my hand full of goofballs straight, no chaser. Speaking of which I got a date with some goofballs right now!
Old 04-11-2013, 06:51 AM   #932
Raider Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
Carson Palmer and Darren McFadden are next and with 33 million in dead cap space they will be in the red until the 2016 season.

not quite

Quote:
ESPN.com's John Clayton writes, "The good news for Raiders fans is that years of being in cap purgatory end after this season. The Raiders currently have $79 million of cap room next year; that's $40 million more than the next closest team.",

Last edited by Raider Bill; 04-11-2013 at 06:54 AM..
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 06:59 AM   #933
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Bill View Post
not quite

Get over it
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:04 AM   #934
Raider Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Al is dead. not sure what that has to do with anything. The fact is the Raiders will have nearly 80 million in cap room.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #935
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Al is dead. not sure what that has to do with anything. The fact is the Raiders will have nearly 80 million in cap room.
More money to **** the pooch. Seriously, more money in cap space will get one big signing and that player will be surrounded by mediocracy.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:27 AM   #936
Raider Bill

80 million in cap room = 1 player? ummm... ok
Old 04-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #937
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Al and his grape-drink wonder are why you guys have been horrible for so long. The work of his idiocy will only begin to unwravel next year. That was my point - you're still paying for his epic fail.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:44 AM   #938
Br0nc0Buster
2013 AFC Champs

Oh........yea

Quote:
Cool next year you guys get to suck but with more cap room!
Br0nc0Buster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 AM   #939
Beej
Seasoned Veteran

Quote:
They'll need it, things cost more in London.
Beej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #940
Raider Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Al and his grape-drink wonder are why you guys have been horrible for so long. The work of his idiocy will only begin to unwravel next year. That was my point - you're still paying for his epic fail.
No, you're mistaken. It won't begin to unravel next year.. it will be fully unraveled. It began to unravel this year.

You should be worrying about how that neck surgery didnt solve Mannings choking problem.

Also you must be confusing me with an ALpologist. I was about as critical of the man as you can be to the point of being banned from one board.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:28 AM   #941
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

What are the Raiders going to do next year then? Try to buy a championship? That always works...

It's still going to be a long climb back up because they still first need to build through the draft but they continue to trade them even after Al is gone.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:18 PM   #942
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Well, at least they're taking steps in the right direction ... they just signed Seneca Wallace.

Wait ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:48 PM   #943
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
What are the Raiders going to do next year then? Try to buy a championship? That always works...
They don't know how to spend their money anyway. I'll never forget their unprecedented comedy of salary errors 5 or 6 years ago. After wildly overpaying to sign Tommy Kelly and Javon Walker, John Clayton claimed they set some kind of record by having 70% or thereabouts of their payroll or cap devoted to just six players, Kelly, Walker, Jamarcus, Robert Gallery, Michael Huff and Sebastian Janikowski. Clayton was beside himself, "it's never been done before, never!"

Al blamed Art Shell for passing on Jay Cutler, said he set the franchise back 10 years. But didn't Willie Brown get in big trouble at some point too?
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:13 PM   #944
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
They don't know how to spend their money anyway. I'll never forget their unprecedented comedy of salary errors 5 or 6 years ago. After wildly overpaying to sign Tommy Kelly and Javon Walker, John Clayton claimed they set some kind of record by having 70% or thereabouts of their payroll or cap devoted to just six players, Kelly, Walker, Jamarcus, Robert Gallery, Michael Huff and Sebastian Janikowski. Clayton was beside himself, "it's never been done before, never!"

Al blamed Art Shell for passing on Jay Cutler, said he set the franchise back 10 years. But didn't Willie Brown get in big trouble at some point too?
Al loved blaming others for his own mistakes. If Al wanted Cutler the faiders would have drafted Cutler. Perhaps after smok'n jay cutty wears out his welcome in chicago, the faiders can pay him $20m a year to get the faiders back to mediocrity.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:22 PM   #945
Raider Bill

Old 04-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #946
Raider Bill

Quote:
Well, at least they're taking steps in the right direction ... they just signed Seneca Wallace.

Wait ...
No they didnt actually

http://tracking.si.com/2013/04/11/se...ot-yet-raider/
Old 04-11-2013, 05:24 PM   #947
Raider Bill

Quote:

Al is dead.... wtf does this have to do with anything?
Old 04-11-2013, 05:26 PM   #948
Raider Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post

It's still going to be a long climb back up because they still first need to build through the draft but they continue to trade them even after Al is gone.
What does a charger fan know about championships? People were still dying of Polio last time they won anything.

We traded a future 6th and 7th... Bfd... I'm sure the freckled one will be trading down and picking up extra picks
Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 PM   #949
R-Mac

The fun begins when you have a QB. We don't know what the Broncos will be without Peyton Manning. Once he decides to retire, we'll open the door to the unknown; a new era. Until then, the Broncos will keep winning the division. If your team has salary cap space, but not a QB, all that money will go to waste. First, you must have a QB, and then you must allow him to perform at his highest level. Better players around him, system continuity to play faster and minimize mistakes. This is how the best teams are built and these teams will have multiple windows of opportunities in the playoffs.

I'm talking about building a playoff team. For now, this is too advanced for the Raiders. How about building a winning team? Can they do it? Since they choked in Super Bowl XXXVII, these are their regular season records: 4-12, 5-11, 4-12, 2-14, 4-12, 5-11, 5-11, 8-8, 8-8 and 4-12. Impressive. The Raiders are a model of how not to build a team. How not to draft. How not to manage. When they finally had a spark again, with Hue Jackson, he was fired and the team got considerably worse with the inept Dennis Allen. Offense and defense, all together in a train wreck.

Where are they going with McKenzie and Allen? They already threw the towel before this season even started. The dead money will be gone next year. They will have a very high draft pick next year. Will they have a QB? How long until they stop being the joke of the NFL? The years are passing by and the Raiders aren't getting any better.
Old 04-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #950
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
80 million in cap room = 1 player? ummm... ok
You guys are going to screw it up royally. I will bank on it. Your failure the last decade has been recorded as the worst ever for a team that previously went to the superbowl. A decade of failure. no playoffs and no winning seasons.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote