The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #1251
BroncsCheer
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Cool thread.
As a HUGE fan of the books (three passes through thanks in part to Nook) all I want to know is WHAT IS THE ONE WORD BRIENNE SAYS?

Any ideas? I really like her arch in the books and the kingslayers redemption is a great story too.

Kudos to the HBO show - they're doing a great job too.

Winds of Winter, heavy set Giants fan ...... Why don't you show me it?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:22 PM   #1252
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Sword swallower thru and thru. Lol!!!

Little Finger is scary and Jeffrey is a sick SOB.
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #1253
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 25,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal View Post
Sword swallower thru and thru. Lol!!!

Little Finger is scary and Jeffrey is a sick SOB.
that episode was brilliant. i loved the little standoff between varys and little finger. it was a full on "mine is bigger than yours" moment.
it was well played.

but that scene with Joff looking relaxed and then spanning to showing that he killed the whore with the crossbow is eery.
that is one sick SOB beyond redemption.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:00 PM   #1254
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,501
Default

okay never mind
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #1255
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

George R.R. Martin himself wrote next week's episode. Should be awesome.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #1256
Rascal
RIP
 

Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 17,745

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Turf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baba Booey View Post
George R.R. Martin himself wrote next week's episode. Should be awesome.
:pantswet:
Rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 10:42 PM   #1257
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
X-FACTOR

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 52,632

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
Cool thread.
As a HUGE fan of the books (three passes through thanks in part to Nook) all I want to know is WHAT IS THE ONE WORD BRIENNE SAYS?

Any ideas? I really like her arch in the books and the kingslayers redemption is a great story too.

Kudos to the HBO show - they're doing a great job too.

Winds of Winter, heavy set Giants fan ...... Why don't you show me it?
>all I want to know is WHAT IS THE ONE WORD BRIENNE SAYS?

SPOILER: ( SWORD!

She swore her sword to spare Podrick Payne's life.

Source: GRRM (MISCON 2012)
)

Last edited by Taco John; 05-05-2013 at 10:44 PM..
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:07 PM   #1258
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,927

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

What's with the show droping Edric Storm, and having Gendry fill his shoes. I can see how they can tie that into later events, but Melisande taking place of the the old crone, in giving Arya her prophecy, that was just weird.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:09 PM   #1259
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,927

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Oh! I'm building a cyvasse board. Any input, ideas, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'll post pictures for you guys in the next day or so.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #1260
v2micca
Tupac at Coachella
 
v2micca's Avatar
 
Richard III was a field guide.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,711

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lorenzo Doss
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
What's with the show droping Edric Storm, and having Gendry fill his shoes. I can see how they can tie that into later events, but Melisande taking place of the the old crone, in giving Arya her prophecy, that was just weird.
Plus, if Melisandre's teaser of 'we will meet again' holds water, the TV series may have spoiled the Book series for the first time. (I say might have because I can't remember Arya yet meeting with Melisandre in the books and I don't know if their future meeting will happen in the books.)

Honestly, I can understand them dropping Edric Storm. He was a beyond minor character whose only purpose was to Galvanize Davos into action. So, I'm not really annoyed by them dropping his character. However, I am kind annoyed with how Gendry's recruitment has altered his relationship with the Brotherhood. I guess, much like Alfie Allen, they needed to give Joe Dempsie something to do during his Character's long Hiatus in the novels.

Last edited by v2micca; 05-06-2013 at 12:50 PM..
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:14 PM   #1261
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 13,358

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Have to say I'm linking this year better then last.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #1262
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top
 
DivineLegion's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: The Peak of Good Living
Posts: 4,927

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Plus, if Melisandre's teaser of 'we will meet again' holds water, the TV series may have spoiled the Book series for the first time. (I say might have because I can't remember Arya yet meeting with Melisandre in the books and I don't know if their future meeting will happen in the books.)

Honestly, I can understand them dropping Edric Storm. He was a beyond minor character whose only purpose was to Galvanize Davos into action. So, I'm not really annoyed by them dropping his character. However, I am kind annoyed with how Gendry's recruitment has altered his relationship with the Brotherhood. I guess, much like Alfie Allen, they needed to give Joe Dempsie something to do during his Character's long Hiatus in the novels.
True, Edric Storm had more purpose in the first two books as evidence for Lannister incest, and was only relivent in book 3 for his role in feeding leeches (if you know what I mean), and as you said galvanizing Davos.

I hope that wasn't a spoiler for the books.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #1263
BroncsCheer
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
True, Edric Storm had more purpose in the first two books as evidence for Lannister incest, and was only relivent in book 3 for his role in feeding leeches (if you know what I mean), and as you said galvanizing Davos.

I hope that wasn't a spoiler for the books.
There's another thread for DNTRB posters to allow a spoiler free discussion.

Someone will still manage to get butthurt by what you posted tho.....

My opinion is that Storm is a non critical character whose arc can be consumed by another character without significant impact to the overall story.

See Patchface, Lem Lemoncloak etc

They better bring Strong Belwas in at some point. Love that guy!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:13 PM   #1264
broncolife
Mr. Studmuffin
 
broncolife's Avatar
 
I will Impregnate you

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Escondido, CA
Posts: 4,204

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Andy Janovich
Default

this series!
broncolife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:17 PM   #1265
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncsCheer View Post
There's another thread for DNTRB posters to allow a spoiler free discussion.

Someone will still manage to get butthurt by what you posted tho.....

My opinion is that Storm is a non critical character whose arc can be consumed by another character without significant impact to the overall story.

See Patchface, Lem Lemoncloak etc

They better bring Strong Belwas in at some point. Love that guy!
Yup. Need some Belwas and I needed it yesterday.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 05:31 AM   #1266
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,501
Default

I suspect that, for purposes of character economy in the TV series, Belwas is going to be folded into Grey Worm. Completely different physiques and personalities, but not much of a problem plotwise.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:21 AM   #1267
bpc
"Nemo Me Impune Lacessit"
 
bpc's Avatar
 
1 sword keeps another in the sheath

Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Northern California
Posts: 15,460

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward
Default

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=uFDGq...%3DuFDGqMppQzE

Lol!
bpc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:05 AM   #1268
Johnykbr
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I'm starting to get worried how they are going to approach Sansa leave King's Landing. Ser Dontos hasn't been seen last season and Little Finger supposedly left.

My wife is beginning to equate this show to True Blood which is apparently now so far away from the books that the show runners have admitted they are just doing their own thing now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 10:30 AM   #1269
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza
 
Baba Booey's Avatar
 
HURRY HURRY!

Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: North of the Wall
Posts: 2,033

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Remember: Sansa leaves long after Littlefinger is thought to be in the Eyrie

That'll probably be next season anyway, seeing as it doesn't happen until after the royal wedding.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #1270
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
X-FACTOR

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 52,632

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Fun fact: Dany, Tyrion and Jon killed their mothers in their birthing.
Also Dany.

There's your three riders...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #1271
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
X-FACTOR

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 52,632

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Also, here is what Tyrion might look like if the show stayed true to the books:

Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:07 AM   #1272
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
X-FACTOR

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 52,632

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnykbr View Post
I'm starting to get worried how they are going to approach Sansa leave King's Landing. Ser Dontos hasn't been seen last season and Little Finger supposedly left.

My wife is beginning to equate this show to True Blood which is apparently now so far away from the books that the show runners have admitted they are just doing their own thing now.
They could very easily bring in Ser Dontos at this point and not hardly skip a beat.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #1273
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Agreed and came to same conclusion Sunday night. The one on one battle and the poison locusts are really are you need Grey Worm to cover.

Yet, at least.
Or, they may do the same thing they did with the Reeds and just delay the introduction of Belwas for one season. That would change his background story somewhat but probably not so much that it would have plot-destroying ripple effects.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:25 AM   #1274
Old Dude
Super Moderator
 
Old Dude's Avatar
 
Consultant

Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: DIA Tunnels
Posts: 16,501
Default

The thing that most worries me is that they'll lose actors (and have to replace them with others) if the series goes too many seasons. Related to that is the question of whether and how quickly Martin can get the remaining books out.

We know they've been given the go-ahead for season 4 and that this will probably take us through the second half of the third book, but after that, it gets funky.
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:40 AM   #1275
Taco John
24/7 Broncos
 
Taco John's Avatar
 
X-FACTOR

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 52,632

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That was literally the first one I mentioned...
Strange. For some reason I just saw Tyrion and Jon. But good observation nonetheless. I was just thinking about this one a couple of weeks ago after Dany's big episode and wondering if it meant something (of course it does...)
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:07 AM.


Denver Broncos