The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2013, 07:29 AM   #1
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default PFW Audibles: 2013 Scout Talk

Stealing this from another forum, because I know some people here would absolutely love to see the material if they haven't. I think I'm gonna go look for this magazine after work today.

BACKS:

Quote:
"Giovani Bernard is china doll soft. I wanted to like the guy, but he plays like the Carolina blue he wears. He pulls himself out of games for no reason, and he always has some injury. He'll never be able to carry it."
Quote:
"Montee Ball is better than Ronnie Brown. I'd put him right up there with the best backs I've seen the last 10 years."
Quote:
"Christine Michael stood out at the (Shrine) game, but he is the type of guy who is going to look great in an all-star game where they keep it very simple and let you play. He's a high-rep guy and has a lot of issues. We wouldn't talk about him until the fifth round."
Quote:
"Marcus Lattimore is tall and a little narrow-hipped. He is tough and the kind of kid you root for, but I thought he was a third-rounder before the injury. Now I don't know if he gets drafted."
Quote:
"When you see Le'Veon Bell live in practice, he is one big, good-looking, athletic dude. He has been very productive in the Big Ten with a lot of touches - they fed him. He has soft, soft receiver hands. There were three games where he leaped over guys. He looks like a full grown man. What bothered me - you see him run out of bounds. He should be a bruising back for how big he is, and there are times he punks out."
DEFENSIVE ENDS:

Quote:
"Damontre Moore is explosively talented, but he's a mess off the field. There's no structure in his life. He beats to his own drum."
Quote:
"Tank Carradine is one of the stiffest guys I have seen this year. He cannot redirect. It's almost like he has Ricketts - he can't change direction. He is a power rusher, not a pass rusher. He has no plan. He's coming off the knee now and he's a rep guy. There's a lot of miss there."
DTACKLES:

Quote:
"I liked Johnathan Hankins. I didn't love him. He's productive flushing production and causing pressure more than actually making plays."
Quote:
"I'm not sure I would take the Purdue guy (Kawaan Short) in the first. He scared me even though he had a lot of sack production his career. He reminds me a lot of Jerel Worthy, but he's more of a mama's boy. He was raised by the women in his life."
MIKES:

Quote:
"Kevin Minter gets to the spot fast and has some pop. He is a tackling machine. His reads are a little off, but I'm not sure it's the way they are coaching him. I think he's better than that kid from Cal (Mychal Kendricks) that went in the second last year."
Quote:
"Manti Te'o is a very religious, religious, religious kid. I haven't gotten a vibe for bull**** from him. When this came out and the way it came out - it wreaks of someone trying to see him fall. I will tell you this - Baltimore is losing their leader. They always seem to land a guy with 'issues' and then they go on to play in Pro Bowls the next 10 years. It could fall into their hands again."
Quote:
"Kevin Riddick is intense. he's everything you want in a leader. he's smart and instinctive. He just can't run. His speed is average."
Quote:
"Mike Mauti looked like Captain America in practice. I liked him there more than I did on tape. He makes a lot of under-the-radar plays. I'm just not sure where to play him. He plays Will for them. I think he'll wind up being a Mike."
Quote:
"Arthur Brown is too small for us. He's got to be a run-around guy that's always protected. If you get a body on him, he's done. He is active and makes a lot of plays."
CORNERS:

Quote:
"Desmond Trufant was an impressive interview. He is ready for the pros. He is honest and realistic and knows what to expect. He knows how to prepare. He has been around it first hand with brothers in the league."
Quote:
"Corners in the SEC play in the boundary because they throw into the boundary a lot in the southeast. Most of the quarterbacks are not big-armed guys. Patrick Peterson had straight-line speed. Xavier Rhodes has better hips than Peterson for a big guy."
Quote:
"I do like (Johnathan) Banks. He reminds me of the type of corners they have playing in Seattle. He's a lot like Richard Sherman. He can play off or on and is not bad off, but that's not his deal. He is a press cover guy. Everyone wants a big corner. He does not get too out of whack shadowing in the four games I've watched. For a long guy, he can come out of breaks."
Quote:
"BW Webb stepped up against Terrance Williams at the Senior Bowl and shut him down. I was impressed with the way he competed."
SAFTIES:

Quote:
"TJ McDonald was played all over the field this year. He rarely stayed on top. He's a better athletic tester than football player."
Quote:
"Tony Jefferson can't run. He got exposed versus West Virginia and Texas A&M. He didn't look good at the end of the year. He took a lot of bad angles. He's fine when he is rolled up, but I don't even know if he'll run 4.6. He's a box guy. I put him in the fifth."
Quote:
"DJ Swearinger will drop down in the box and hit you. He looks to take your head off. I love his intensity and approach. Every secondary needs a lightning rod like him. When you think of the great ones - the Ed Reeds and Brian Dawkins - they had that spark... He'll miss some tackles that he should make, but he's a big time hitter."
The poster over there will update information on guys if people want it and I'll relay it over here . . . ENJOY!?

Last edited by Requiem; 04-11-2013 at 07:35 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2013, 07:31 AM   #2
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

CENTERS:

Quote:
"Khaled Holmes has very good size like Peter Konz did last year. It wouldn't surprise me if he were drafted to play guard. he uses a lot of finesse. I thought he had some trouble snapping the ball in the games I saw. He didn't get it back very quick ans some guys got on top of him."
Quote:
"I didn't think Travis Frederick was a center. I think he is better at guard. He is effective. I put him at the bottom of Two. With the coaching change and no centers in the draft, he picked a good year to come out and maybe he'll go a little higher."
Quote:
"I was not a fan of Braxton Cave and I went through there a few times wanting to like him. I kept him alive in the sixth."
Quote:
"I know others who love Barrett Jones. I don't understand it. If he played at Auburn instead of Alabama, no one would be talking about him. He's smart, tough, and a captain, but he's a bad athlete and weak. I don't understand the infatuation."
Quote:
"All of the linemen at LSU were bad this year, but the center (PJ Longeran) was a little better than the rest."
Old 04-11-2013, 07:34 AM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

This can be moved to the draft forum. I am sorry. Didn't know I placed it here.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:40 AM   #4
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Are these all Pro Football Weekly "whispers" and "audibles"?

PFW has a really good network of inside sources (especially with the Oakland Raiders) -- however, they will allow teams to float mis-information through their magazine as well. Some of these should be taken with a grain of salt, as they're probably the exact opposite of how a certain team feels about a prospect.

The Tank Carradine and Barret Jones quotes, for example, have the feel of some team trying to 'push' the prospect down in the draft.
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:43 AM   #5
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post

PFW has a really good network of inside sources (especially with the Oakland Raiders) -- however, they will allow teams to float mis-information through their magazine as well. Some of these should be taken with a grain of salt, as they're probably the exact opposite of how a certain team feels about a prospect.

The Tank Carradine and Barret Jones quotes, for example, have the feel of some team trying to 'push' the prospect down in the draft.
Yep. All from PFW. PFW has been slacking online this year. Usually they have their prelimary board on where they are slotting players up and I haven't seen it yet. (Based on 1(A)-(C) value) Pissing me off.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 AM   #6
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Jeez, just going off of those comments, Minter, Te'o, Trufant or Rhodes along with Swearinger are the only real value for DEN at 28.
I like the Le'Veon Bell comments a bit too.
And i have consistently called staying away from Lattimore. He was overrated before his injury (his 2nd knee injury BTW) and i agree completely.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:46 AM   #7
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Having been at USC while DJ was there, i can tell you not only is he a great gym rat, he has the skill and ability on the field to back it up.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:48 AM   #8
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Having been at USC while DJ was there, i can tell you not only is he a great gym rat, he has the skill and ability on the field to back it up.
He is one of my favorite players in the draft. I want him as a Denver Bronco. He is exactly what this defense needs on the backend and his versatility there is fantastic. Fapfapfapfpapfapfpafpfpafpapafpa.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #9
Bmore Manning

Is there more Req? This is very interesting to compare my opinions to that of a scout..
Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 AM   #10
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
Swearinger is getting really hot lately and I am pretty sure he will be the 2nd safety drafted behind Vaccaro ahead of Elam. He could definitely sneak into the 1st round and a team like the Ravens or Patriots could jump on him.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 07:58 AM   #11
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowlenBall View Post

The Carradine one is true, look at his tape he plays the same way Keanu Reeves acts, he is stiff as a board. His profile in the draft issue says he has good power and is fast off the snap, gets a lot of production on 2nd effort (which is true) but has stiff hips and limited redirection.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:00 AM   #12
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Is there more Req? This is very interesting to compare my opinions to that of a scout..
That is all the poster from the other site has put up right now. The first post has a link to that thread for you guys to check as well. He is updating on request. Looks like I have to order it online for $20.00 if I want to be able to post all of it up here.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:19 AM   #13
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

This is my favorite thread in quite some time.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:26 AM   #14
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Who do I want at #28?

it keeps changing, especially with Minter getting those rave reviews...
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 08:47 AM   #15
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
Who do I want at #28?

it keeps changing, especially with Minter getting those rave reviews...
Brown would be protected by a big body in our scheme.. As would Hodges another under the radar talented player.

Reddick would be another quality option, his speed isn't as bad as they are making it out to be.. Plus he has good instincts and makes good plays.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:50 AM   #16
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Minter has always been considered a bottom 1st top 2nd pick.
Hes just plain ol good at everything. And he drops the hammer every
chance he gets. Getting Minter and Swearinger in the 1st 2 rounds would
just be awesome. Even if they had to trade back up into the top of the 2nd
round.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #17
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I'm still very much a fan of Reddick. I think he "gets" it which is the most important thing and what they were doing at NC the past year or two parallels a lot of the looks we are giving on defense here. I think he is a better athlete than advertised too. In all honesty, I think he can make just as much as an impact as some of the highly touted Tar Heel LB's (like Zach Brown and Bruce Carter) to come out in the past few years. It isn't as if he is Quan Sturdivant.

I don't know if he will go as high as Brown did (Brown is much faster on the field) -- but I think he is a solid selection for the team in the 3(A)-3(C) area depending on who is available at LB at that point in time. At any case, I trust JDR and his evaluations of linebackers and really do hope we come out of this draft with a guy who can be a starter down the road. There are some quality prospects to choose from.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:09 AM   #18
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I'm still very much a fan of Reddick. I think he "gets" it which is the most important thing and what they were doing at NC the past year or two parallels a lot of the looks we are giving on defense here. I think he is a better athlete than advertised too. In all honesty, I think he can make just as much as an impact as some of the highly touted Tar Heel LB's (like Zach Brown and Bruce Carter) to come out in the past few years. It isn't as if he is Quan Sturdivant.

I don't know if he will go as high as Brown did (Brown is much faster on the field) -- but I think he is a solid selection for the team in the 3(A)-3(C) area depending on who is available at LB at that point in time. At any case, I trust JDR and his evaluations of linebackers and really do hope we come out of this draft with a guy who can be a starter down the road. There are some quality prospects to choose from.
An ideal draft for us involves Reddick and Bell! Two players we both have liked.. I fully agree about Reddick having way more athleticism than given credit for. He plays more like Carter than Zach Brown which is a good thing because Brown looks to avoid contact. If you can get Reddick in the 4th, that's a steal.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:14 AM   #19
srphoenix
77 rushing touchdowns

The next TD

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Loved to see the Montee Ball comments. I hope wherever he goes in the pros he can eliminate the stereotype for Wisconsin running backs.

It's like the week before Christmas for draft fans, can't wait till its here!
srphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 09:16 AM   #20
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
An ideal draft for us involves Reddick and Bell! Two players we both have liked.. I fully agree about Reddick having way more athleticism than given credit for. He plays more like Carter than Zach Brown which is a good thing because Brown looks to avoid contact. If you can get Reddick in the 4th, that's a steal.
April is a special month for me. Tomorrow I celebrate my birthday. Two weeks later the NFL Draft. Debating whether or not to take that Friday off (2nd and 3rd rounds) even though I'm off of work before the second and third rounds start. Just so much awesome this month. Fabulous day at work today. Got paid for winning my NCAA Bracket (5 bucks netted me 150) and I am having an absolute blast. I made strawberry, chocolate and carrot cake cupcakes to bring to work tomorrow and will be bringing in breakfast pizza too.

God damn I am bossing this week.

I LOVE YOU GUYS.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:42 AM   #21
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
I made strawberry, chocolate and carrot cake cupcakes to bring to work tomorrow and will be bringing in breakfast pizza too.

I LOVE YOU GUYS.

Last edited by BowlenBall; 04-11-2013 at 09:44 AM..
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:12 AM   #22
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix View Post
Loved to see the Montee Ball comments. I hope wherever he goes in the pros he can eliminate the stereotype for Wisconsin running backs.

It's like the week before Christmas for draft fans, can't wait till its here!

when i saw the stanford game, i thought he was the best back i'd seen all year. really was more impressive than the stanford guy.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #23
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I'm just worried on Ball's concussions. Hopefully it isn't an issue. I like his patience and vision.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #24
Bmore Manning

Quote:
April is a special month for me. Tomorrow I celebrate my birthday. Two weeks later the NFL Draft. Debating whether or not to take that Friday off (2nd and 3rd rounds) even though I'm off of work before the second and third rounds start. Just so much awesome this month. Fabulous day at work today. Got paid for winning my NCAA Bracket (5 bucks netted me 150) and I am having an absolute blast. I made strawberry, chocolate and carrot cake cupcakes to bring to work tomorrow and will be bringing in breakfast pizza too.

I LOVE YOU GUYS.
Writing over at MHR! Sounds like a big month for you.. Now let's test this high your ridding.. Predict the Broncos draft with an official Mock!
Old 04-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #25
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

Sign me up for the Le'Veon Bell bandwagon.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote