The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,754

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default Mannings throw at Duke




Peyton Manning is throwing to Wes Welker this week for the first time as teammates, and the quarterback told ESPN Senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen on Wednesday that he already is making a connection with the star receiver.

Peyton and Eli Manning are working out this week at Duke University with Blue Devils coach David Cutcliffe, who was Peyton's offensive coordinator at Tennessee and Eli's coach at Ole Miss. Cutcliffe also worked with Peyton when he was rehabbing last year after his release by the Indianapolis Colts before he signed with the Denver Broncos.

Each quarterback brought three receivers: Peyton Manning has Broncos teammates Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas and Welker; Eli brought Giants teammates Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz and Louis Murphy.

Peyton Manning has played with Welker in Pro Bowls, but this is the first time he's thrown to the receiver since he left the New England Patriots to sign with Denver this offseason.

"There's certain guys you just feel like you have timing with right away," Manning said. "He's a guy that has a great feel for how to get open, and understands route concepts and, of course, he played in such a sophisticated offense there in New England, so he's a smart player. You can see why he's been such a productive player. He's intense. He loves to work."

Manning said the work ethic of Welker and Thomas is an inspiration for him.

It's kind of inspiring for an old player like me to be around guys that love to work. It makes me proud to play quarterback," he said.

The Mannings are using the time with Cutcliffe to work on fundamentals and mechanics.

"I told Cutcliffe to coach us like we were both freshman at Tennessee or Ole Miss. It's been great work, great timing with the receivers this early in the offseason," Peyton Manning said.

Cruz is a restricted free agent and Eli Manning said he hopes his favorite target can agree to a contract soon with the Giants.

"I know he wants everything to get finished and be with the Giants and get back to work. It's great to get him for a few days," Manning said of working with Cruz this week.

Voluntary workouts are scheduled to begin for both the Broncos and Giants next week.


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...r-duke-workout
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
Johnykbr
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

If they are going to do this tomorrow then I am gonna have to go to Durham and sneak around the stadium to watch this.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #3
Lolad
Ring of Famer
 
Fan

Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,798

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller
Default

This is stuff I like to see. Stay healthy! Go Broncos
Lolad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:49 PM   #4
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,754

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

What a difference a year makes. This time last year Peyton resembled a malnourished emaciated famine victim.

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediace...26-2012/32542/
Attached Images
  
Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #5
go_broncos
Ring of Famer
 
49 SB Champs Denver Broncos

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 5,759

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith
Default

unfortunately, both are horrible in playoffs..until we get a player that excels in playoffs..it's difficult to win SB.
go_broncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #6
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,754

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
unfortunately, both are horrible in playoffs..until we get a player that excels in playoffs..it's difficult to win SB.






Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:54 PM   #7
Rabb
No Luca, No!
 
Rabb's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 7,507

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
unfortunately, both are horrible in playoffs..until we get a player that excels in playoffs..it's difficult to win SB.
you must be just a hoot at parties
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:58 PM   #8
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
you must be just a hoot at parties
Like he would ever get invited anywhere.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:04 PM   #9
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,587

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

go_denethor returns.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #10
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer
 
Bronco Rob's Avatar
 
The Alpha & The Omega

Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 4,754

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay
Default

Fun with flashbacks...http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=104538







Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:30 PM   #11
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive
 
Boobs McGee's Avatar
 
till the day that I die

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Glendale
Posts: 5,004

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P
Default

I'm confused...the pictures you posted ARE the pictures from last year. Are there new pictures?
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #12
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,827
Default

Manning isn't horrible in the playoffs it's just that in the playoffs you play better defenses lol. But i will admit Broncos need a stud to emerge at the RB spot for us to really go to that level we had when we won Superbowls. If we have a more explosive ground game, a more consistent short yardage game we would be unstoppable. Sometimes we get that but the RBS dont seem to be able to do it all yr into the playoffs.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:33 PM   #13
delany
Uber Bronco
 
delany's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 1,056
Default

HAM.
delany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #14
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,202

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Manning isn't horrible in the playoffs it's just that in the playoffs you play better defenses lol. But i will admit Broncos need a stud to emerge at the RB spot for us to really go to that level we had when we won Superbowls. If we have a more explosive ground game, a more consistent short yardage game we would be unstoppable. Sometimes we get that but the RBS dont seem to be able to do it all yr into the playoffs.
TD was a very special back but also we had a great blocking team. TD was over 100 yards before half-time in quite a few games. It was indeed a dominant run team. I'm sure Elway remembers that. He remembers how good he was but then how it wasn't quite good enough on it's own to win it all. There had to be that great run game. I fully expect the Broncos to select 2 RB's in this draft and I imagine one of them will be a top 3 pick.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #15
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
unfortunately, both are horrible in playoffs..until we get a player that excels in playoffs..it's difficult to win SB.
...yeah, whatever dude...It's difficult to win a SB period, regardless of who you have.

Peyton has played in 2 SB's....Welker has played in 3....man, you're one stupid muther****er.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #16
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 
Zimm to HOF

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Beach
Posts: 36,827
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
TD was a very special back but also we had a great blocking team. TD was over 100 yards before half-time in quite a few games. It was indeed a dominant run team. I'm sure Elway remembers that. He remembers how good he was but then how it wasn't quite good enough on it's own to win it all. There had to be that great run game. I fully expect the Broncos to select 2 RB's in this draft and I imagine one of them will be a top 3 pick.
It makes you think Zona that its smarter to keep building the oline rather then worrying about say for instance middle linebacker.

If we drafted a starting center or another guard like Warford or Fluker we could have a dominant line at some point. A line that just pushes people around and protects Manning. We do that and Manning can play until he's 40 maybe. Also though our secondary is close to being really good IMO. Another CB like Trufant could make us very tough to pass on and let us match up great with TE. We could let safetys and linebackers double TE and let 2 CB play man to man outside.

Just seems IMO that oline is the area this draft presents a bunch of good physical players.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:13 PM   #17
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,857
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
unfortunately, both are horrible in playoffs..until we get a player that excels in playoffs..it's difficult to win SB.
I hear ya, they should cut that Manning guy for letting that Baltimore receiver get behind him on that pass from flacco.

Horrible.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #18
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.
 
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun's Avatar
 
Time to believe!

Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Gensis Planet
Posts: 6,533

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post



Peyton Manning is throwing to Wes Welker this week for the first time as teammates, and the quarterback told ESPN Senior NFL Insider Chris Mortensen on Wednesday that he already is making a connection with the star receiver.

Peyton and Eli Manning are working out this week at Duke University with Blue Devils coach David Cutcliffe, who was Peyton's offensive coordinator at Tennessee and Eli's coach at Ole Miss. Cutcliffe also worked with Peyton when he was rehabbing last year after his release by the Indianapolis Colts before he signed with the Denver Broncos.

Each quarterback brought three receivers: Peyton Manning has Broncos teammates Eric Decker, Demaryius Thomas and Welker; Eli brought Giants teammates Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz and Louis Murphy.

Peyton Manning has played with Welker in Pro Bowls, but this is the first time he's thrown to the receiver since he left the New England Patriots to sign with Denver this offseason.

"There's certain guys you just feel like you have timing with right away," Manning said. "He's a guy that has a great feel for how to get open, and understands route concepts and, of course, he played in such a sophisticated offense there in New England, so he's a smart player. You can see why he's been such a productive player. He's intense. He loves to work."

Manning said the work ethic of Welker and Thomas is an inspiration for him.

It's kind of inspiring for an old player like me to be around guys that love to work. It makes me proud to play quarterback," he said.

The Mannings are using the time with Cutcliffe to work on fundamentals and mechanics.

"I told Cutcliffe to coach us like we were both freshman at Tennessee or Ole Miss. It's been great work, great timing with the receivers this early in the offseason," Peyton Manning said.

Cruz is a restricted free agent and Eli Manning said he hopes his favorite target can agree to a contract soon with the Giants.

"I know he wants everything to get finished and be with the Giants and get back to work. It's great to get him for a few days," Manning said of working with Cruz this week.

Voluntary workouts are scheduled to begin for both the Broncos and Giants next week.


http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/91...r-duke-workout
Rep!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:28 PM   #19
R-Mac
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_broncos View Post
unfortunately, both are horrible in playoffs..until we get a player that excels in playoffs..it's difficult to win SB.
If you consider Manning threw 3 TD passes against the Ravens... And the first interception was a pass interference missed by the officials + a tipped ball... I'd say Manning had a good game in bad weather. When he made the last mistake, it was during the second OT. The Broncos had plenty of opportunities to win that game within 4 quarters and Manning was not the reason why they did not get the job done. Tom Brady against the Ravens in the AFC Championship: 1 TD, 2 INT.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:59 PM   #20
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Denver ran 1060 plays last year. How many more plays do you guys think we run with Welker and Louis Vasquez?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #21
SteveTensi13
GIVE ME SOME MORE ORANGE
 
SteveTensi13's Avatar
 
OLD SCHOOL BRONCO

Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Helmand province, Afghanistan
Posts: 1,821

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Stokley
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
What a difference a year makes. This time last year Peyton resembled a malnourished emaciated famine victim.

http://photos.denverpost.com/mediace...26-2012/32542/
Yea, he was a little on the scrawny side. I wonder whats the latest on his nerve regeneration?
SteveTensi13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #22
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Denver ran 1060 plays last year. How many more plays do you guys think we run with Welker and Louis Vasquez?
Alot of those 3rd and 1s or 3rd and 5s SHOULDN'T go to Hester now. We saw alot of 1st and 10 then 2nd and 1 3rd and 1 4th and 1.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:55 PM   #23
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Alot of those 3rd and 1s or 3rd and 5s SHOULDN'T go to Hester now. We saw alot of 1st and 10 then 2nd and 1 3rd and 1 4th and 1.
They plan on us being in three wide 80% this year. We just ned a young power back to take us to another level.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #24
FireFly
Ring of Famer
 
FireFly's Avatar
 
The window is open!

Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,788
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I fully expect the Broncos to select 2 RB's in this draft and I imagine one of them will be a top 3 pick.
I'd agree with this and go so far as to say if Lacy is on the board at 28 we'll grab him and if he's not we'll be taking the best RB available in the 2nd round (which would be my preference anyhow).

I think there is some great value in rounds 2 and 3 especially at RB. I'd be a little surprised if any RB besides Lacy was taken in 1.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 07:30 PM   #25
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer
 
R8R H8R's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Exiled in So. Cal.
Posts: 2,664

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveTensi13 View Post
Yea, he was a little on the scrawny side. I wonder whats the latest on his nerve regeneration?
Check out the vid on the OP. it looks like PM has a little bit more zip on his throw than he did last year, and all throws was a tight spiral. He said he let his arm rest this offseason compared to last year when he was throwing in January.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:22 AM.


Denver Broncos