The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 01:19 PM   #251
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
"In that environment"??

You've never even been there. How would YOU know?
You haven't been in that environment either.

I don't mean just in the theater. Think real hard and see if you can it figure out.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #252
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
You haven't been in that environment either.

I don't mean just in the theater. Think real hard and see if you can it figure out.
I have thought hard. I'd want someone there with a gun. Just admit you would, too. It's been 11 pages, I think it's time to admit that now.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #253
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I have thought hard. I'd want someone there with a gun. Just admit you would, too. It's been 11 pages, I think it's time to admit that now.
I don't want you anywhere with a gun.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #254
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
I don't want you anywhere with a gun.
Totally offtopic and I don't believe for a minute that if I was your only hope against James Holmes, you wouldn't want me having a gun in my hand.

And yes, I already know you want to use me as a human shield against him, that was one of your many cutesy gambits on this thread to avoid stating the simple basic fact that if you were in that theater that night, you'd want someone there with a gun to fend off Holmes.

You should be ashamed of your lack of honesty.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #255
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
I carry a Ruger LCP 380. with a crimson laser sight and it would be highly visible across a dark theater, just put the red dot on the target. It's also palm size and can be carried in a rear pocket, it looks like a wallet.
Laser sites are over-rated, I'd recommend night sites so as to not give away your position (i.e. a foggy/gassed theatre you would clearly see where the laser is coming from). Plus after the first shot lasers tend to be worthless with recoil.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:48 PM   #256
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You should be ashamed of your lack of honesty.
You should be ashamed for being such a macho dickhead.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:57 PM   #257
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guapo View Post
Laser sites are over-rated, I'd recommend night sites so as to not give away your position (i.e. a foggy/gassed theatre you would clearly see where the laser is coming from). Plus after the first shot lasers tend to be worthless with recoil.
I have a new Crimson Trace grip that I haven't tried out yet. S&W J frame sights aren't the most prominent things in the world.
Old 04-09-2013, 02:58 PM   #258
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
You should be ashamed for being such a macho dickhead.
Not only are you dishonest but you clearly have abuse and anger issues. I am finished speaking with you on this thread.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:01 PM   #259
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Not only are you dishonest but you clearly have abuse and anger issues. I am finished speaking with you on this thread.
I get angry when someone as cavalier and careless (as you clearly are) presumes to speak knowledgeably on an issue of literal life and death.

You took a few cellphone pictures at the theater and you think that makes you smart and wise.

You're the worst kind of gun owner - a big-talking jerk who damages our ability to protect the RKBA with your loutish and ignorant comments.

You're just a dick.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #260
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Who says the shot would have been well-aimed in that environment?
I do.......because I squeeze the trigger
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 03:16 PM   #261
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I do.......because I squeeze the trigger
He's saying it's better to let 12 die and 58 get shot in fear of you accidentally killing 1 to save the other 11.
Old 04-09-2013, 03:41 PM   #262
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He's saying it's better to let 12 die and 58 get shot in fear of you accidentally killing 1 to save the other 11.
No, I'm saying that if you were there with your gun, more would have died, because you're such an imbecile.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:14 PM   #263
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Boys like you are more likely to have their gun used to shoot themselves, a family member, a visitor, or your kid's friend than a bad guy.

But at least it will be God's will.

Unlike you, I know how to handle a weapon.....and treat every gun as if it were loaded. And I'm a pretty good shot if I do say so myself. but feel free to deflect from the point nyuk nyuk is trying to get thru your numb skull, that 99.9999% of reasonably sane people would want someone, anyone with a concealed weapon on them if some psycho comes in and starts shooting the place up.

FYI, this guy is 71 years old -

Old 04-09-2013, 05:20 PM   #264
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Unlike you, I know how to handle a weapon.....and treat every gun as if it were loaded.
Good. Convince your fellow gun owners (including nyuk) to act the same way. Perhaps we can cut down on the ~100,000 injuries and deaths we suffer from your fellow gun-owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand
And I'm a pretty good shot if I do say so myself.
How confident are you that had you been in the theater once Holmes came in and started shooting, you would have been able to stop him with a clean shot? Scale 0 to 10 - 0 meaning you wouldn't have shot because it was too dark, too smoky, and too many people moving around, or 10, capped him with a clean head shot with your first round? Then explain your value.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand
but feel free to deflect from the point nyuk nyuk is trying to get thru your numb skull, that 99.9999% of reasonably sane people would want someone, anyone with a concealed weapon on them if some psycho comes in and starts shooting the place up.
Given that the requirements for a CCW are laughable, I suspect more casualties would have been the result if some yahoo started firing away as Holmes was shooting.

And yeah, I've seen the video. How well do you think it would translate to the Aurora shooting?
Old 04-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #265
nyuk nyuk

Old 04-09-2013, 05:34 PM   #266
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Go ahead, CCW. Just be aware of the responsibility involved.
those of us who are CHL, CCW, CCL, or however you wanna call it are taught the civil and personal responsibilities and repercussions of being able to carry concealed.....same as those who are licensed to open carry.

We know we're responsible for every round that comes out of our gun....which is why we train, practice, target shoot and take the training seriously. Why you find it so ****ing hard to believe is beyond me.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:35 PM   #267
W*GS
Ring of Famer

How many Americans have died because of a gun since the Sandy Hook massacre?

3,346 or more.
Old 04-09-2013, 05:36 PM   #268
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
those of us who are CHL, CCW, CCL, or however you wanna call it are taught the civil and personal responsibilities and repercussions of being able to carry concealed.....same as those who are licensed to open carry.

We know we're responsible for every round that comes out of our gun....which is why we train, practice, target shoot and take the training seriously. Why you find it so ****ing hard to believe is beyond me.
What are the current requirements in CO for CCW? Pick a county.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #269
nyuk nyuk

Nobody dies "because of a gun" any more than they do "because of a car." Keep it honest, if you can.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #270
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Good. Convince your fellow gun owners (including nyuk) to act the same way. Perhaps we can cut down on the ~100,000 injuries and deaths we suffer from your fellow gun-owners.

.....how many of those deaths or injuries are due to suicides or attempts at suicide? If you're so concerned about saving lives, then you should be pushing for a ban of the wheel, or automobiles as many more people die in auto accidents than by gun.

How confident are you that had you been in the theater once Holmes came in and started shooting, you would have been able to stop him with a clean shot? Scale 0 to 10 - 0 meaning you wouldn't have shot because it was too dark, too smoky, and too many people moving around, or 10, capped him with a clean head shot with your first round? Then explain your value.

I've already stated how confident that I am that I could have saved many lives (if not everyone in the theater) had I been there in this thread and another. Feel free to go back and read my posts. My confidence level is always high because I take my training as seriously as I did when I was a recon Marine.

The only big advantage he had was being the only guy who had a gun inside the theater. And like I said earlier, even if my response to his aggression was an exercise in futility, how many people would have been able escape with their lives if he was firing at me instead of them?

Given that the requirements for a CCW are laughable, I suspect more casualties would have been the result if some yahoo started firing away as Holmes was shooting.

Perhaps, but your confidence that is how it would have ended up is no stronger than my confidence that I could have taken him out pretty quickly......Keep in mind he tossed the gas grenade first (every Marine, current or former knows what a CS grenade sounds like) before firing a shot into the ceiling

Listen to the sound of the grenade tossed at these Marines and then count how many seconds it took before the chemicals came out of the grenade in vast quantities...plenty of time to take Holmes out.

And yeah, I've seen the video. How well do you think it would translate to the Aurora shooting?

Watch the video again....those two clowns came in and never once gave a thought to someone else having a gun......the old man made sure of his target and fired, had he been in one of the seats near Holmes, he would have taken him out almost instantly.....and like I stated, one well aimed shot is deadly, as this video shows -

in bold with the videos

Last edited by errand; 04-09-2013 at 06:28 PM..
Old 04-09-2013, 06:49 PM   #271
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
What are the current requirements in CO for CCW? Pick a county.
don't know and don't care....I don't live in Colorado. These are the requirements of mine -

Requirements:
The sheriff shall issue a permit within 90 days after receipt of a complete application to an applicant who:
• is a citizen of the U.S. and has been a resident of the State for at least 30 days immediately prior to filing the application;
• is at least 21;
• does not suffer from a physical or mental infirmity that prevents the safe handling of a handgun;
• has successfully completed an approved firearms safety and training course which involves the actual firing of handguns and instruction in the law governing the carrying of a concealed handgun and the use of deadly force;
• is not ineligible under federal or state law to possess, receive, or own a firearm;
• is not currently or has not been adjudicated or administratively determined to be lacking mental capacity or mentally ill;
• has not been discharged from the armed forces under conditions other than honorable;
• is or has not been adjudicated guilty or judgment continued or suspended sentence for a violent misdemeanor;
• has not had judgment continued for or free on bond or personal recognizance pending trial, appeal, or sentencing for a disqualifying criminal offense;
• has not been convicted of an impaired driving offense within three years prior to the date on which the application is submitted.

Required Documents:
[] Application completed under oath on a form provided by the sheriff
[] Full set of fingerprints administered by the sheriff
[] An original certificate of completion of an approved safety course
[] A release that authorized and requires disclosure to the sheriff of any records concerning the mental health of capacity of the applicant

Informing Law Enforcement of Carry:
The permit holder must carry the permit, together with valid identification, whenever carrying a concealed handgun, and is required to disclose to any law enforcement officer who addresses or approaches the permit holder that he or she is a permit holder and is carrying a concealed handgun.*

* not doing so is a felony charge

Automobile carry:
You MAY open carry in a motor vehicle. However, localities may regulate the carrying of firearms under certain circumstances.

Places off-limits when carrying:
• Any location prohibited by federal law.
• A law enforcement or correctional facility.
• A building housing only state, federal or government offices.
• A financial institution.
• Any public or private school building or bus, campus, grounds, recreation area, athletic fields or other property used or owned by an edicational institution.
• Any assembly where a fee had been charged for admission or where alcoholic beverages are sold and comsumed.
• Any other premises where notice that carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement by the person in legal possession or control of the premises.
• It shall be unlawful for any person participating in, affiliated
with, or present as a spectator at any parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration upon any public place owned or under the control of the state or any of its political subdivisions to willfully or intentionally possess or have immediate access to any firearm.

Alcohol and Drugs:
It is unlawful to carry a concealed handgun while consuming alcohol or at any time while the person has remaining in his body any alcohol or in his blood a controlled substance previously consumed. (There is an exception if the controlled substance was lawfully obtained and taken in therapeutically appropriate amounts.)

Deadly Force / Castle Doctrine:
North Carolina is a Castle Doctrine state and has a stand-your-ground law.

North Carolina General Statutes §14-51.1

§ 14‑51.1. Use of deadly physical force against an intruder.
(a) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence is justified in using any degree of force that the occupant reasonably believes is necessary, including deadly force, against an intruder to prevent a forcible entry into the home or residence or to terminate the intruder’s unlawful entry (i) if the occupant reasonably apprehends that the intruder may kill or inflict serious bodily harm to the occupant or others in the home or residence, or (ii) if the occupant reasonably believes that the intruder intends to commit a felony in the home or residence.
(b) A lawful occupant within a home or other place of residence does not have a duty to retreat from an intruder in the circumstances described in this section.
(c) This section is not intended to repeal, expand, or limit any other defense that may exist under the common law. (1993 (Reg. Sess., 1994), c. 673, s. 1.)

Open Carry:
Unrestricted under state law except for certain events such as public parades.

also, NC honors every other state's conceal carry permits save for Illinois', and NC's is honored in most of the states I care to visit.

now tell me how these requirements are considered Mickey Mouse?

Last edited by errand; 04-09-2013 at 06:55 PM..
Old 04-09-2013, 06:53 PM   #272
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
How many Americans have died because of a gun since the Sandy Hook massacre?

3,346 or more.
In a nation of over 300 million.....which means 0.00001115% (if my public education is still valid)

Now care to tell us how many lives have been saved by people with guns?
Old 04-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #273
nyuk nyuk

@Errand, very similar laws here in Colorado.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:16 PM   #274
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
You're so mentally unstable and stupid that if you'd been there with your gun, you likely would have killed the wrong people.
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:18 PM   #275
Spider
Mr Diplomacy

I survived Tebow Mania at the Mane

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBrit View Post
Try responding in English and address the issue I raised.
Spider is offline   Reply With Quote