The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
nyuk nyuk

Default Another Mass Stabbing: Ban Knives NOW!

Multiple injuries reported in stabbing at Houston college

(Reuters) - At least 14 people were injured during a mass stabbing at a local community college in the northwest Houston area Tuesday morning, according to the local rescue officials.

Four people were critically injured during the incident at the Cy-Fair campus of Lone Star College in Harris County, the Cy-Fair volunteer fire department said.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2013, 11:20 AM   #2
nyuk nyuk

I'd rather be mass shot than mass stabbed. They have to worry about who else the knife has been in and what those people may have.

SHOOT ME!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #4
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

ahh.. the righties.they never fail to amuse with their distorted reasoning.
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #5
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
ahh.. the righties.they never fail to amuse with their distorted reasoning.
You're right because according to this page of federal murder statistics, knives are used in more than 3x as many murders as all types of rifles combined.

Just don't tell Joe Biden that shotguns are used more often than all types of rifles, also. We don't want to sink his little ship.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #6
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Old 04-09-2013, 12:38 PM   #7
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #8
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

yep, knives are cheaper too. the problem with your argument is that guns cause more damage than knives. if the guy at that community college had one of your beloved guns, there would have been casualties, lots of them. Oh wait, you have a solution right? Let's arm all the students at the community college, while were at it lets arm everyone at malls, schools, churches. hell, guns for everyone! yeehaw!!
Old 04-09-2013, 12:43 PM   #9
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
yep, knives are cheaper too. the problem with your argument is that guns cause more damage than knives. if the guy at that community college had one of your beloved guns, there would have been casualties, lots of them. Oh wait, you have a solution right? Let's arm all the students at the community college, while were at it lets arm everyone at malls, schools, churches. hell, guns for everyone! yeehaw!!
My first thought about the knifing incident was does Texas allow college campus conceal carry. A psycho tried a mass knifing in Utah recently and a CCW carrier put a stop to it almost immediately.

Guns and knives both cause flesh wounds, bleeding, and death. Further, knives can be bought by anyone and there no regulations on how sharp they're allowed to be.

How about we at least demand weak butterknife-sharp stuff like they have in restaurants, hospitals, and schools?

Unfortunate but yet again clearly the objection is about the gun itself and not the deaths. Other things kill more people yet all I hear is crickets. That's really all I have to know.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #10
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

If victim number 1 had a gun, the only victim would be the one with the knife.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #11
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
If victim number 1 had a gun, the only victim would be the one with the knife.
You mean potential victim...... like they say, never bring a knife to a gunfight.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:14 PM   #12
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
My first thought about the knifing incident was does Texas allow college campus conceal carry. A psycho tried a mass knifing in Utah recently and a CCW carrier put a stop to it almost immediately.

Guns and knives both cause flesh wounds, bleeding, and death. Further, knives can be bought by anyone and there no regulations on how sharp they're allowed to be.
How about we at least demand weak butterknife-sharp stuff like they have in restaurants, hospitals, and schools?

Unfortunate but yet again clearly the objection is about the gun itself and not the deaths. Other things kill more people yet all I hear is crickets. That's really all I have to know.
you're contradicting yourself. by your logic then, a knife would have stopped the aurora attacker as well. correct?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #13
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
you're contradicting yourself. by your logic then, a knife would have stopped the aurora attacker as well. correct?
Topic shift. Please stick to the topic at hand.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #14
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Topic shift. Please stick to the topic at hand.
you demand answers, yet don't like to answer them huh?
Old 04-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #15
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
You mean potential victim...... like they say, never bring a knife to a gunfight.
The basic obvious that underlies ALL of these events is the clear assumption on the part of the attacker that he's the only one that is armed.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #16
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
you demand answers, yet don't like to answer them huh?
The least thing you can do is explain how I'm contradicting myself if you think I am doing so. We're either going to ban that which kills or not? Why single out something that is actually lower-end on the homicide scale? There's nothing rational behind such reasoning, and it's a stretch to call it reasoning at all.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #17
Rigs11
Ring of Famer

Quote:
The least thing you can do is explain how I'm contradicting myself if you think I am doing so. We're either going to ban that which kills or not? Why single out something that is actually lower-end on the homicide scale? There's nothing rational behind such reasoning, and it's a stretch to call it reasoning at all.
first you use the argument that knives kill more people than guns,then you say that both guns and knives cause flesh wounds.so you're saying that knives are more lethal than guns.you can't ban everything that kills people,guns are designed to kill,cars are not, most knives are not.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:48 PM   #18
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #19
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
first you use the argument that knives kill more people than guns,then you say that both guns and knives cause flesh wounds.so you're saying that knives are more lethal than guns.you can't ban everything that kills people,guns are designed to kill,cars are not, most knives are not.
I'm saying if you're going to ban things that cause ouchies, then at least get the order of things deserving bans and/or regulation in order. Rifles and such are near the bottom of the list.

Guns are designed to do many things and certain liberals insist on ignoring that and harping on one aspect, and that one aspect is abused in rare instances. Even then, most of the guns that are misused and used to murder people aren't even rifles - they're regular handguns that nobody is trying to ban.

So what's the point behind all this besides emotion and possibly covert piecemeal gun confiscation?