The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #226
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 61,302

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

I suspect we will be better off without doom and certainly better off than having doom at 12 or 8 mil a year/
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:28 PM   #227
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I suspect we will be better off without doom and certainly better off than having doom at 12 or 8 mil a year/
His recent performance simply didn't justify that kind of pay. There's only so long a person can legitimately ride on their reputation.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #228
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I see that traitor Elway in a yarning to massage ego has managed to ran off another pro bowler
You see, Elway was intimidated of Doom because Doom was going to outperform him, break all his records, win the hearts of the fans, and steal the spotlight. It was a plot from the get-go and Elway finally found an excuse to push him out of the door.

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #229
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
You ever try to fire a weapon with a gas mask on? This may be a surprise to you but it's not easy to do, so his advantage wouldn't have been so great as his sight would have been diminished by the gas and condensation that generally forms on the eye lens.

and he was in the front row when he set off the gas grenade, which would have silhouetted him against the screen...and as I've stated earlier, I know what a canister grenade being tossed sounds like.....add in the warning blast he shot into the ceiling means I would have had enough time to respond to the threat....before the gas filled the theater.

I would have the advantage of him unaware that I was carrying, and firing at him from higher ground....and even if my response to him is futile...him focusing on me (lest he has a death wish and ignores me) would have allowed many countless others to get out of there with their lives...and like you lioberals always say...if it saves one life, isn't it worth it?

his only true advantage was that he was the only one who was armed in that theater.......
HEAR HEAR!!!

But the truth is the outcry against carrying concealed in such a situation has nothing to do with saving any lives except their own. They're more than happy to throw others to the dogs if it means choosing between that and feeling personally uncomfortable about someone carrying concealed in that theater. "Take these shots from Holmes in the back because I have a hair up my ass about conceal carrying, okay?"

Of course as we've seen, liberals have a thing for throwing others under the bus.

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #230
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I already addressed the theater issue. You don't have a clue what your talking about. Only errand, a highly trained killing machine, and no one else could have stopped him without significantly increasing the body count. But not errand. He's a badass. With 30 year old training.
Significantly increased body count? I fail to see how this could be the case, unless people got up and ran toward Holmes to form a protective circle around him.

Sorry but what happened in that theater need not have happened, and I'll go to my grave believing that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #231
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I shiit in a guy's gas mask once, W*GS reminds me of him.
You remind me of the **** I had this morning.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #232
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Sorry but what happened in that theater need not have happened, and I'll go to my grave believing that.
Just because you believe something strongly does not make it true.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #233
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Just because you believe something strongly does not make it true.
Oddly I don't see you say the same thing about your own position.

I didn't say my view did make it true, but as I said a million times on this thread, at least those people would have had a fighting chance. Something is better than nothing, it's that simple.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #234
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I didn't say my view did make it true, but as I said a million times on this thread, at least those people would have had a fighting chance. Something is better than nothing, it's that simple.
That "something" could have resulted in more casualties. Is that "better"?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #235
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
That "something" could have resulted in more casualties. Is that "better"?
I think it far more likely it would have either stopped the massacre or lessened it, at least enabling people to tackle Holmes.

Again, if YOU were there that night, you'd have wished someone was there with a defense weapon, as would anyone have. One of the worst possible nightmares that anyone could face was lived by those people in that theater, and that was being fish in a barrel with no help.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #236
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
I think it far more likely it would have either stopped the massacre or lessened it, at least enabling people to tackle Holmes.
Yeah, because you're an expert on the tactics to stop a mass shooter in that environment. You took pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk
Again, if YOU were there that night, you'd have wished someone was there with a defense weapon, as would anyone have. One of the worst possible nightmares that anyone could face was lived by those people in that theater, and that was being fish in a barrel with no help.
What would be even worse would be multiple individuals firing away at indistinct targets.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #237
Rigs11
Ring of Famer
 
Rigs11's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 8,588
Default

yuk yuk has been watching too many rambo movies
Rigs11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #238
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Yeah, because you're an expert on the tactics to stop a mass shooter in that environment. You took pictures!



What would be even worse would be multiple individuals firing away at indistinct targets.
Yet again you've derailed from honest discussion and refuse to admit that if you were there, you'd have wished someone - anyone - was there with a gun to help save you or your child's life.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #239
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
yuk yuk has been watching too many rambo movies
Kindly refer to this post on page 1 of this thread. Simple yes or no answers will suffice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:49 PM   #240
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Yet again you've derailed from honest discussion and refuse to admit that if you were there, you'd have wished someone - anyone - was there with a gun to help save you or your child's life.
I wasn't there, and all your wishes and dreams are just speculation, mainly because you haven't provided any real evidence for your opinion, just repetitions of the same mantra. Your pictures are risible.

There's no way you can be certain, even a little bit, that Holmes would have been stopped and lives would have been saved. There's a strongly non-zero chance that more would have been wounded or killed had someone else started shooting.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #241
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,777
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Yeah, because you're an expert on the tactics to stop a mass shooter.....ad nauseum.

What would be even worse would be multiple individuals firing away at indistinct targets.
The most deadly thing on the battlefield is one well aimed shot......

as for multiple people shooting at a target.... those of us who own guns and train all the time and shoot em all the time are generally pretty good shots....not to mention we take our training very seriously because the one life that can be saved will be ours
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:53 PM   #242
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
I wasn't there, and all your wishes and dreams are just speculation, mainly because you haven't provided any real evidence for your opinion, just repetitions of the same mantra. Your pictures are risible.
Back at you, but at least I've been to the place.

Quote:
There's no way you can be certain, even a little bit, that Holmes would have been stopped and lives would have been saved. There's a strongly non-zero chance that more would have been wounded or killed had someone else started shooting.
Same can be said for your view, yet it doesn't stop you from repeating it as fact, NOR does it stop you from continuously ignoring the simple fact that if YOU were there that night, you'd wish someone with a defensive weapon was in that crowd to try to help, and that says all that need be said.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #243
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,777
Default

guys like W*Gs don't believe in God or guns.... but when somebody breaks into his house the first thing he's going to do is call someone with a gun and pray to God that they show up in time to save his stupid ass
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #244
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
guys like W*Gs don't believe in God or guns.... but when somebody breaks into his house the first thing he's going to do is call someone with a gun and pray to God that they show up in time to save his stupid ass
I'm agnostic but I have guns. I'm not a fan of those who are angry at the thought of conceal carry in a place like Century Aurora when they won't admit that if they were there during that massacre, they'd have wished someone was there with a gun to help them. That's just not right. If they aren't willing to say that if they were there it was better nobody had a gun, then they shouldn't try to impose that view on others. That looks like ****.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #245
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
The most deadly thing on the battlefield is one well aimed shot......
Who says the shot would have been well-aimed in that environment?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:12 PM   #246
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Back at you, but at least I've been to the place.
Which means nothing. Visiting Normandy doesn't make one an expert on planning and executing an amphibious invasion of Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk
Same can be said for your view, yet it doesn't stop you from repeating it as fact, NOR does it stop you from continuously ignoring the simple fact that if YOU were there that night, you'd wish someone with a defensive weapon was in that crowd to try to help, and that says all that need be said.
If you were the other person there with a weapon, I'd prefer you kept it holstered. You're too dangerous.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #247
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
guys like W*Gs don't believe in God or guns.... but when somebody breaks into his house the first thing he's going to do is call someone with a gun and pray to God that they show up in time to save his stupid ass
Boys like you are more likely to have their gun used to shoot themselves, a family member, a visitor, or your kid's friend than a bad guy.

But at least it will be God's will.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #248
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Which means nothing. Visiting Normandy doesn't make one an expert on planning and executing an amphibious invasion of Europe.



If you were the other person there with a weapon, I'd prefer you kept it holstered. You're too dangerous.
Yet again, you're dishonest and every time you're directly answered with what you would feel were you there that night, you resort to ad hominem cheap shots against me.

That speaks volumes. Too bad you aren't willing to admit it and be decent enough to try not to impose otherwise on others.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #249
nyuk nyuk
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Who says the shot would have been well-aimed in that environment?
"In that environment"??

You've never even been there. How would YOU know?
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:18 PM   #250
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
Yet again, you're dishonest and every time you're directly answered with what you would feel were you there that night, you resort to ad hominem cheap shots against me.
It's not a cheap shot. You, armed, are a danger to everyone around you. Your ideas about proper use of firearms are misguided, to be generous.

Hint: Playing FPS games does not count as training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk
That speaks volumes. Too bad you aren't willing to admit it and be decent enough to try not to impose otherwise on others.
Go ahead, CCW. Just be aware of the responsibility involved. So far, you haven't demonstrated the slightest bit of any.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Denver Broncos