The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 09:06 AM   #26
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Alkemical, thanks for the updates.

What do you know about certain foods grown/produced that contribute to auto-immune diseases? Especially stuff with gluten.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:36 AM   #27
alkemical
Guerrilla Ontologist

rorrim|mirror

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Prima Materia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post

What do you know about certain foods grown/produced that contribute to auto-immune diseases? Especially stuff with gluten.
I wouldn't claim to be an expert in this area. I will say that if you're eating foods made from product that is modified, coupled with the pesticides/etc sprayed onto them...well you are what you eat.

I do know that in the case of tomatoes - they're picked green, shipped - then gassed to turn red. Most of the mineral/nutrient content that is placed into a fruit, is done during the ripening state. This is how the plant bulks the fruit up, being it's food for the seed.

Most of the food you get, is lacking in nutrient when you buy long haul produce.

That's as much as i can lay as far as expertise on this specific subject.
alkemical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #28
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
they have been genetically modifying crops for centuries. Just because they can do it better now is no reason to fear a bigger apple.
Check the latest Nexus magazine. There is an article about GMO corn and what it does to lab mice. The photos of enormous tumors made me lose my appetite for bacon (i.e., corn fed hogs).

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #29
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Quote:

Gluten is very problematic and a good start. But animal protein is of primary concern IMO. There are many different food based healing programs out there. People are healing all kinds of crazy stuff with food. Cancer, diabetes, heart disease, psychological disorders, anything. The body is a miraculous thing once you eliminate the toxins and poisons. There's different programs and who knows which one is best for healing, if that exists, but whole food plant based diet with no meat, dairy or gluten is pretty much the standard commonality with them all. Think about nature, pollute an area and it becomes a toxic waste, remove the waste and stop polluting the area and it will repair itself and be thriving again in no time.

Research these guys, I'm sure most of them have experience with auto-immune disease.
Rip Esselstyn
Dr. John McDougall
Dr. Neal Barnard
Doug Graham
Gabriel Cousins
Brian Clement

nutritionalfacts.org has a wealth of knowledge, here's their page on auto-immune. http://nutritionfacts.org/topics/autoimmune-diseases/

This is the guy that runs that site, highly recommend this video.

Here's a few more good ones.

IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:07 PM   #30
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Thanks a lot dude. I have an auto-immune disease that impacts my renal (kidney function) so I have had to really switch up my diet big time. When I was out in Colorado I ate a lot differently and the environment was great (mountainous, not allergic to things, etc.) and I didn't have to be on medication for a whole year. Since being back to where I am from and where things got all messed up, it has been one thing after another.

I'm going to be cleaning out my fridge and cupboards again and getting rid of a lot of poopy stuff. Definitely can't handle a lot of protein (especially animal meat) anyways or dairy because that causes flares with me.

Thanks again for the info.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 11:10 AM   #31
nyuk nyuk

Slick Barry already has been auctioning off deep water drilling fields in the Gulf in spite of that "moratorium" horse **** he was feeding the mASSES a couple years ago.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:11 AM   #32
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Thanks a lot dude. I have an auto-immune disease that impacts my renal (kidney function) so I have had to really switch up my diet big time. When I was out in Colorado I ate a lot differently and the environment was great (mountainous, not allergic to things, etc.) and I didn't have to be on medication for a whole year. Since being back to where I am from and where things got all messed up, it has been one thing after another.

I'm going to be cleaning out my fridge and cupboards again and getting rid of a lot of poopy stuff. Definitely can't handle a lot of protein (especially animal meat) anyways or dairy because that causes flares with me.

Thanks again for the info.
Sounds like you need a relocation. Folks have traditionally moved here for respiratory reasons and have benefited from it.

Besides, this state is full of hippies, you'll fit right in.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #33
nyuk nyuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Yep dna splicing just a more advanced way to speed up selection. Also scientists cant find anything wrong with the modified crops. In fact they are totally safe.
People tend to oversimplify it all by making very generalized "all natural must be good" comments, akin to the nature worshipers. Some of this stuff simply has more vitamins put into it.

One thing I did like was broccoliflower, but I haven't seen it in my neighborhood store in ages.
Old 04-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #34
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyuk nyuk View Post
People tend to oversimplify it all by making very generalized "all natural must be good" comments, akin to the nature worshipers. Some of this stuff simply has more vitamins put into it.

One thing I did like was broccoliflower, but I haven't seen it in my neighborhood store in ages.
I liked the yellow water mellon that we picked up in Ohio.

I know we arent as bad as you guys for milk and chicken, ours isnt hormoned to hell, but I often wonder about produce, with greenhouses we can grow stuff year round up here, ontario strawberries are so much better than the crap you guys send us from california.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote