The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2013, 09:13 AM   #1201
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by StugotsIII View Post
What did we think of S3 E2?

I thought it was a bit slow, and with so much to fit into S3 I'm not sure why HBO continues to replace GRRM writing with their own, made up scenes and dialog.

I mean, it's still okay, but E2 was certainly lacking.
I'm so far gone as far as being a fanboy of this show that I don't even want to be critical of the crappy episodes.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:23 AM   #1202
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

I think people are being too critical of these first two episodes. There is a lot that needs to be set up over the next two seasons, and these first few episodes are not meant to be action packed, but character driven. I think they're doing an excellent job of that right now.
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:28 AM   #1203
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2KBack View Post
What do you think coldhands is?
My theory is that Coldhands is SPOILER: ( Brynden Rivers (aka. Bloodraven) who has wharged into one of the others (or a wight). My feelings are that too many people underestimate Brynden Rivers as a major player in unfolding events. I think people assume that he's just sitting in a cave watching things, and not taking active participation. I can't believe this to be the case given the amount of development that GRRM has done of this character's history. I think/hope we will see much more of his influence in the next two books. )

Last edited by Taco John; 04-08-2013 at 11:44 AM..
Old 04-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #1204
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Also, my theory on Bran is that SPOILER: ( in the end, he will ultimately be Azor Ahai )
Old 04-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #1205
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco John View Post
Also, my theory on Bran is that SPOILER: ( in the end, he will ultimately be Azor Ahai )
lol
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #1206
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Just finished the first season last night. Mind blown. Sad they got rid of Ned / Eddard.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #1207
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Just finished the first season last night. Mind blown. Sad they got rid of Ned / Eddard.
Get use to it. Dude loves killing his characters. Just like a kid on the beach building up sandcastles just to go all Godzilla on them.
Drunk Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #1208
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
That's just the tip of the iceberg.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:12 PM   #1209
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunk Monkey View Post
Get use to it. Dude loves killing his characters. Just like a kid on the beach building up sandcastles just to go all Godzilla on them.
…except he keeps killing off Godzilla...
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #1210
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

I think Episode 2 was just the second part of the setup for season 3. (with so many plotlines.) The action should start picking up as we go along.

As for my personal predictions (and having finished all 5 books): SPOILERS: (I think the surviving Stark kids are all headed down dark paths. Arya is becoming a ninja contract killer; Sansa is learning all about political manipulation and backstabbing from the best of them; Rikon is already a psycho werewolf; and Bran concerns me the most. He's already doing the one thing with his warging talents that even barbarian werewolves consider an "abomination," and shows hardly any empathy for poor Hodor. Not to mention that fact that Jujuen looks like he's become Soylent Green. Funny thing is that on the other side we have Tommen, who is about the single most innocent youngster in the whole series. He just wants to play with his kittens. Dead boy walking, I'm sure of it.

I don't think Bryndon Rivers is Coldhands, because BR is clearly the 3-eyed crow, and he wouldn't have any need to give himself orders via the ravens. Unless that was a ruse, of course, which I guess is always possible.)

Last edited by Old Dude; 04-08-2013 at 01:28 PM..
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 02:19 PM   #1211
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
I think Episode 2 was just the second part of the setup for season 3. (with so many plotlines.) The action should start picking up as we go along.

As for my personal predictions (and having finished all 5 books): SPOILERS: (I think the surviving Stark kids are all headed down dark paths. Arya is becoming a ninja contract killer; Sansa is learning all about political manipulation and backstabbing from the best of them; Rikon is already a psycho werewolf; and Bran concerns me the most. He's already doing the one thing with his warging talents that even barbarian werewolves consider an "abomination," and shows hardly any empathy for poor Hodor. Not to mention that fact that Jujuen looks like he's become Soylent Green. Funny thing is that on the other side we have Tommen, who is about the single most innocent youngster in the whole series. He just wants to play with his kittens. Dead boy walking, I'm sure of it.

I don't think Bryndon Rivers is Coldhands, because BR is clearly the 3-eyed crow, and he wouldn't have any need to give himself orders via the ravens. Unless that was a ruse, of course, which I guess is always possible.)

well, yes SPOILER: ( Brynden Rivers is the three eyed crow, but isn't the three eyed crow just one of many "gloves" that he can put on? Varamyr Sixskins warged into dozens of different animals, including humans. Why wouldn't Rivers ahve a dozen different forms that he'd take on? )
Old 04-08-2013, 03:08 PM   #1212
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Season 3 will be epic, just hope the action picks up soon before too many bail.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #1213
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
well, yes SPOILER: ( Brynden Rivers is the three eyed crow, but isn't the three eyed crow just one of many "gloves" that he can put on? Varamyr Sixskins warged into dozens of different animals, including humans. Why wouldn't Rivers ahve a dozen different forms that he'd take on? )

Hmmn. The more I think about your theory, the better I like it. This one, anyway. Spoiler: (Not so much Bran's destiny as AA.)
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 04:13 PM   #1214
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Hmmn. The more I think about your theory, the better I like it. This one, anyway. Spoiler: (Not so much Bran's destiny as AA.)
The Bran one is definitely out there. It's really just an idea. I'm trying to guess where he is going with that particular story line, and I think that it's going to be something significant and widely unexpected.
Old 04-08-2013, 06:12 PM   #1215
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Old Nan on the Night King:

SPOILER: ( Chapter 56, ASOS

“Some say he was a Bolton,” Old Nan would always end. “Some say a Magnar out of Skagos, some say Umber, Flint, or Norrey. Some would have you think he was a Woodfoot, from them who ruled Bear island before the ironmen came. He never was. He was a Stark, the brother of the man who brought him down.” She always pinched Bran on the nose then, he would never forget it. “He was a Stark of Winterfell, and who can say? Mayhaps his name was Brandon. Mayhaps he slept in this very bed in this very room.”
)

Bran Meets Cold Hands:
SPOILER: ( First Bran Chapter ADWD:
Meera’s gloved hand tightened around the shaft of her frog spear. “Who sent you? Who is this three-eyed crow?”
"A friend. Dreamer, wizard, call him what you will. The last green-seer.” The longhall’s wooden door banged open. Outside, the night wind howled, bleak and black. The trees were full of ravens, screaming. Cold-hands did not move.
“A monster,” Bran said.
The ranger looked at Bran as if the rest of them did not exist. “Your monster, Brandon Stark.”
“Yours,” the raven echoed, from his shoulder. Outside the door, the ravens in the trees took up the cry, until the night wood echoed to the murderer’s song of “Yours, yours, yours.”
)
Old 04-08-2013, 07:08 PM   #1216
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
The Bran one is definitely out there. It's really just an idea. I'm trying to guess where he is going with that particular story line, and I think that it's going to be something significant and widely unexpected.
From what has been leaked about the 6th book, a majority of the story takes place deeper beyond the wall, beyond the frost fangs. Chances are you will find out the truth regarding your revelation pretty quickly. This next book was originally set to be the last, but GRRM decided he wanted a seventh book to tidy up the conclusion. So we will find out in...2015
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #1217
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineLegion View Post
From what has been leaked about the 6th book, a majority of the story takes place deeper beyond the wall, beyond the frost fangs. Chances are you will find out the truth regarding your revelation pretty quickly. This next book was originally set to be the last, but GRRM decided he wanted a seventh book to tidy up the conclusion. So we will find out in...2015
So we can expect 8 seasons of this on HBO right?
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:21 PM   #1218
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
So we can expect 8 seasons of this on HBO right?
At least...
Old 04-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #1219
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
What did we think of S3 E2?

I thought it was a bit slow, and with so much to fit into S3 I'm not sure why HBO continues to replace GRRM writing with their own, made up scenes and dialog.

I mean, it's still okay, but E2 was certainly lacking.
the pace of the show is a little slower then people expect but it doesn't lack pulling you in. What you see as slow i see as just wanting more when the hour ends. You never feel like you found out enough about the story because it unfolds slowly. But while a watch the scenes they dont drag to me. The dialouge is good, the characters believable, and i don't get a sense they are spending too much time on anything.

When i do find myself thinking that i watch even closer figuring that it most be something important, and i just havent put it all together yet. The show has a lot of symbolism and inferences that don't just spell everything out right away. Thats what makes it soo good.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 08:37 PM   #1220
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
the pace of the show is a little slower then people expect but it doesn't lack pulling you in. What you see as slow i see as just wanting more when the hour ends. You never feel like you found out enough about the story because it unfolds slowly. But while a watch the scenes they dont drag to me. The dialouge is good, the characters believable, and i don't get a sense they are spending too much time on anything.

When i do find myself thinking that i watch even closer figuring that it most be something important, and i just havent put it all together yet. The show has a lot of symbolism and inferences that don't just spell everything out right away. Thats what makes it soo good.
The dialog is good…but it's better when GRRM writes it…not HBO.

There is a lot to explain and get to already. HBO doesn't need to add their own subject matter to a book (book 3) that is already jammed with information…and damn good writing.

Episode two was slow, and yes…I get that they are setting things up…but after 2 episodes, we really don't know a whole lot more than we did before...
Old 04-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #1221
McDman
Ring of Famer

Huzzah!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The biggest problem with this show is there are so many characters we only get about 5 minutes of each character.
McDman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:19 PM   #1222
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Don't see any problems with this show. At all.

Song of Ice and Fire, and Sword of Truth, are my favorite book series of all time. The Sword of Truth cable show was an abomination, so compared to that, Game of Thrones is flawless. I'm still in shock this series was actually made for HBO. Now, we just need an MMORPG based on the world and my dorkdom euphoria will be complete.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #1223
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
The dialog is good…but it's better when GRRM writes it…not HBO.

There is a lot to explain and get to already. HBO doesn't need to add their own subject matter to a book (book 3) that is already jammed with information…and damn good writing.

Episode two was slow, and yes…I get that they are setting things up…but after 2 episodes, we really don't know a whole lot more than we did before...
You know where the Hound is. You know lady Margorie (new queen to be) is smart and has a plan. You found out what the half mans dad really thinks of him and you found out Snow has been accepted into the army beyond the wall. You know Theon isn't dead and is being tortured by someone. You know the captian of Stannis fleet is alive, and that Stannis is crazy and totally enveloped by the witch.

Seems like a lot has been revealed IMO. its just they reveal stuff but each time if unravels more you don't know.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #1224
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Something reeks about E2, which is surprising at this point.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 02:09 AM   #1225
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Something reeks about E2, which is surprising at this point.
Not sure if punning...