The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #451
bombay
Ring of Famer

The Nuggets keep on plugging in new guys and kicking ass.

Evan Fornier is a revolation. We knew that Randolph could play a little, and he's giving the team a great 15 minutes. Iguadola is showing that he's a terrific point forward. Eat ****, doubters.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:23 PM   #452
bombay
Ring of Famer

The Nuggets front office, btw, looks brilliant in the way that they constructed this team.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #453
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

They're not ****ed. It just sucks.

And I love AI. I have loved him all season. I remember sitting on the floor when the Nuggets came to Charlotte and you could just tell he was the best player on the floor.

They need to figure out how sign him. There are three elephants in the room for the Nuggets now, regardless of how they perform in the playoffs:

1. Why the **** have they not ensured Masai Uguri is going to he there for a long time?

2. Can you sign AI to a reasonable contract?

3. When does Gallo come back and what is his role when he does?
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:31 PM   #454
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Nuggets have 14 at home and 9 on the road left. Memphis has 11 at home and 16 on the road. I think the Nuggets can make up the 2.5 games they trail by.
Since this 2/27 post, Memphis has played terrific basketball, but fallen 1.5 games behind the Nuggets. They must be wondering what the hell they have to do.

EDIT: I dangled my participle in the last sentence of the 1st post. Sorry.

Last edited by bombay; 04-06-2013 at 09:38 PM..
Old 04-06-2013, 09:44 PM   #455
bombay
Ring of Famer

Fournier has scored 57 points in 63 minutes in the last 3 games. Tonight, he also had 3 boards, 5 assists, and 3 steals in 23 minutes.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #456
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man-Goblin View Post
1. Why the **** have they not ensured Masai Uguri is going to he there for a long time?
Agreed. He is one of the best in the league.

Quote:
2. Can you sign AI to a reasonable contract?
I believe they will. I believe AI really likes it here and wants to be here. Especially if we win our first round series and either win or push hard to win a second round series. He basically said we make the WCF it would be very hard for him to go somewhere else.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...iguodalas-deal

Quote:
3. When does Gallo come back and what is his role when he does?
Showcase him and put him on the block when he comes back.

One thing to add is that I believe they really need to lock up Brewer long term. That guy brings a great spark to this team, especially when they need it.

Last edited by spdirty; 04-06-2013 at 10:00 PM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:13 PM   #457
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Agreed. He is one of the best in the league.

I believe they will. I believe AI really likes it here and wants to be here. Especially if we win our first round series and either win or push hard to win a second round series. He basically said we make the WCF it would be very hard for him to go somewhere else.

http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci...iguodalas-deal

Showcase him and put him on the block when he comes back.

One thing to add is that I believe they really need to lock up Brewer long term. That guy brings a great spark to this team, especially when they need it.
Brewer is absolutely a question I omitted. Great point, and another reason I want Masai in charge because he will make the right decision.

And I understand AI may want to stay, but you can never predict how frivolous some teams will be. My fear is some team overpaying him for what he isn't, and losing him for nothing because he isn't going to be giving any kind of discount. The good news is Masai has never let a true asset leave for nothing.

I disagree with you on Gallo tho. He's basically worth nothing until after the trading deadline NEXT year. This was a devastating blow to the Nuggets' portfolio of assets, and their best hope right now is to get him right and hope he comes back to form.
Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:26 PM   #458
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I could see the warriors taking down the clippers for you though. They don't match up well against the clippers cause warriors can play their tempo and force them into half court, which the clippers aren't great at. Spurs aren't neccesarily old. Duncan plays better than he was in the mid 2000s. Parker is in his prime. Ginobili is falling apart though. There's no one else old. Leanord is a beast. Green is a beast. The problem they have is the turnovers and streaky shooting that bites them in the ass. Neal and bonner are the streakiest shooters I've seen. Bonner is a joke. And Neal would go 0-20 and not think twice about passing the ball. The turnovers and slumps ingame likely will be their demise. They can put up points in a hurry. Then go flat and not put up one basket over a span of minutes.
I agree but I just see the Clippers as a team on a mission to succeed this year after getting no respect.

I think the Heat are gonna win again, which pisses me off because I don't like LeBron. KD is one of the nicest and most humble players in all of sports. The man deserves a ring for his efforts.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:44 PM   #459
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
I agree but I just see the Clippers as a team on a mission to succeed this year after getting no respect.

I think the Heat are gonna win again, which pisses me off because I don't like LeBron. KD is one of the nicest and most humble players in all of sports. The man deserves a ring for his efforts.
Well, I finally found something I can agree with you on.

Though I've warmed up to LeBron a bit more lately. He seems like he's pretty genuine and doesn't want to be hated. He's a whole lot more likable than Kobe but I guess that's not saying a lot.

I really like KD too, I hope he gets a ring, just not at the Nuggets expense.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:52 AM   #460
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

LeBron James was named the NBA Player of the Month for the 5th straight time.. That's ALL of them, folks..
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #461
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
LeBron James was named the NBA Player of the Month for the 5th straight time.. That's ALL of them, folks..
Wow. Well, as well he should, he's easily the best player in the game
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:13 AM   #462
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post

Hmmm, the guy who was yelling at the scorers table when they didn't record his bucket in time? He's got an ego like the rest of them. And to be as good as he is, you need one.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #463
Rolandftw

Durant is very fake nice. All class, as long as the Thunder win. Kid's only 25, I'm sure he'll get a championship
Old 04-07-2013, 11:55 AM   #464
Tim

Durant puts on a good front with his bible in his backpack bs but he sure does cuss alot during games and his body language when he is losing makes him out to be a giant douche.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #465
broncswin
God I love those Broncos

Bring back the hardware

Adopt-a-Bronco:
three amigos

Meh....Durant is a Good guy...god forbid he swears a little in front of grown ups, or doesn't like to lose...I am a huge nuggs fan, but he is by far my favorite player outside the Nuggs.
broncswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:19 PM   #466
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Yeah KD is the man. So if someone tries to be upstanding now, if they are imperfect in ANY way they are hypocrites? I don't remember KD telling other players how to behave, just explaining why he lives the way he does. Now he swears and he's a "giant douche" all of a sudden?

No one is perfect.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #467
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Yeah KD is the man. So if someone tries to be upstanding now, if they are imperfect in ANY way they are hypocrites? I don't remember KD telling other players how to behave, just explaining why he lives the way he does. Now he swears and he's a "giant douche" all of a sudden?

No one is perfect.
I don't think he's a douche or anything like that. I just don't think he's humble either.

How bout them Knicks! Melo is BALLIN
Old 04-07-2013, 01:49 PM   #468
bombay
Ring of Famer

My daughter works at Elway's, and has met Durant a few times. He's been very kind to her, and she says he was that way with the other employees as well. Even if he's faking it, it is a good thing that he behaves that way. He's competitive? Well, no ****.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #469
bombay
Ring of Famer

The Nuggets have a little 4 game winning streak going now, all without Ty, and 2 without Galo. From what I read in the Post this morning, Ty is going to play at least a little in the last 2-3 games to reacquint himself with the feel and speed of the game before the playoffs start. I'm getting more and more confident about this team's ability to win with the guys that are available.
Old 04-07-2013, 02:18 PM   #470
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolandftw View Post
Durant is very fake nice. All class, as long as the Thunder win. Kid's only 25, I'm sure he'll get a championship
This describes Westbrook far more than KD.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 03:25 PM   #471
Rolandftw

I actually don't mind Westbrook. He is who he is. There's no act. Doesn't put on any front. One of my favorite non-Nugget players despite the fact that he seems to really, really hate Denver.
Old 04-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #472
bombay
Ring of Famer

Nuggets have 5 games left. Dallas and Milwaukee on the road, San Antonio, Phoenix, and Portland at home. I could see them going 4-1, losing only to Dallas. That would give them a 57 win season, which would be incredible. Clips have 2 home, 3 road. Memphis has 3 home, 2 road.
Old 04-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #473
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Nuggets have 5 games left. Dallas and Milwaukee on the road, San Antonio, Phoenix, and Portland at home. I could see them going 4-1, losing only to Dallas. That would give them a 57 win season, which would be incredible. Clips have 2 home, 3 road. Memphis has 3 home, 2 road.
4-1 will clinch the 3 seed. We're 2 up on the Clippers and 1 up on Memphis in the loss category. But I want Oklahoma City to get the 1 seed so we could avoid them until the WCF. I'd rather get the Spurs in the 2nd round. That Knicks loss was bad.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #474
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I'll be at the Portland game. Paid my playoff deposit a week ago. Can't wait for those tickets to come in the mail.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 10:35 PM   #475
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
I'll be at the Portland game. Paid my playoff deposit a week ago. Can't wait for those tickets to come in the mail.
I will also be there, it's going to be amazing
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote