The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #426
spiralism

haha, we are the jammiest team alive!
Old 04-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #427
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Dallas seem to be waltzing away with this game because the players are flat since the injury. Meaning a side that's just about to go off the boil, with two starters out and back in 5th place going into the run in. Traditional first round exit is right on schedule

EDIT: Would be a huge win if Nuggets could actually pull it off mind. Gallo is a big loss, especially with Lawson already down. Great timing for a run of injuries
STFU with your first round exit bull****. When are you people gonna get it through your heads that this is unlike any Nuggets team the last 10 years?

Gallo is probably been the one guy they can AFFORD to lose. Chandler, Fornier, Brewer can step in and fill that role, and take his minutes, and we'll be fine. Plus Gallo has been playing like **** the last 2 months anyway.

It's the best Nugs team I've seen and might be the best Nugs team since they've been in the NBA.

Last edited by spdirty; 04-04-2013 at 08:29 PM..
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:26 PM   #428
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

What a bad loss. With Galo likely done and Lawson out for at least two weeks, probably more, the Nuggets unfortunately ARE probably going to be eliminated in the first round. It will likely go seven games, just to make it that much more disappointing.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #429
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
What a bad loss. With Galo likely done and Lawson out for at least two weeks, probably more, the Nuggets unfortunately ARE probably going to be eliminated in the first round. It will likely go seven games, just to make it that much more disappointing.
No they won't!!! They will finish at worst 4-2, will get them to 56-26, which will get them home court, possibly still the 3 seed and Golden State in the first round, and win their first round series. You guys keep watching this team and just can't let go of that defeatist attitude.

Last edited by spdirty; 04-04-2013 at 08:37 PM..
Old 04-04-2013, 08:30 PM   #430
Drunken.Broncoholic

Spurs are leaking oil too. Can't keep anyone on the court last 2 months.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:32 PM   #431
spiralism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Depends on the opponent imo. Memphis i don't like, home or away, with a banged up squad its very iffy. Golden State i think is very do-able so #3 is vitally important.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #432
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiralism View Post
Depends on the opponent imo. Memphis i don't like, home or away, with a banged up squad its very iffy. Golden State i think is very do-able so #3 is vitally important.
Fair enough. If they can get Lawson back after or even during the first round they have a shot. It's a real shame about Galo. I think he's the second most underrated Nugget on the team.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #433
Tim

I hope the nugs get the warriors in the first, clippers in second, then spurs. But the thunder losing to the rockets or lakers is not going to happen, so the season will likely end in the 5th game of the second round.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #434
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Just got back from Pepsi. Wild game. Really sucks about Gallo.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #435
bombay
Ring of Famer

If Lawson is reasonably healthy for the playoffs, we'll be fine. If not, we'll likely bow out in the 2nd round.
bombay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:32 PM   #436
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Molto Bene!

(Please, please say his knee is ok.)
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:20 AM   #437
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

Pete Carroll is a douche

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It looked like a torn ACL. When you watch a lot of sports, certain injuries - and the players' reactions to them - start show similarities. It seems after torn ACL's the players are in a lot of pain and grab the soft area right below the knee cap. They never grab the cap or above it.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:16 AM   #438
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

yeah i would agree with that. either they grab the back of the knee almost as if to brace it or somewhere around the knee area but not the actual cap.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #439
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

The post just confirmed its torn. Damnit, that means he'll be out at least half of next year, and when he is back he won't be worth a damn for about 6 weeks. This sucks. :-(
Old 04-05-2013, 02:39 PM   #440
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

D Rose treatment? just let him sit out all year next year too..
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #441
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
D Rose treatment? just let him sit out all year next year too..
i don't want D Rose anywhere near a NBA game til he is mentally all there.
i want him throwing down on fools and breaking their ankles. not thinking and hesitating.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:15 PM   #442
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

The Nuggets made me a believer this year - they're the best team we've ever had (and I'm a Melo fan). The West proved to be no problem, and they could have beat the Heat.

Injuries have made me a doubter. I predict a second round exit
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:05 PM   #443
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

I'll echo whoever said we just need Ty back. I agree.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not ****ting on Gallo, and I'm not going to make some homerific comment that the Nuggets are fine, better off, whatever. It's a set back. But I think Wilson Chandler can start at the 3 and we'll be OK. I'm a huge WC fan, and I think he's played tremendously this year.

But Ty. We need Ty badly.

We have 6 games left. 4 home, 2 away. If we can win our home games, we'll be the three seed. If we hold onto the three seed, that buys us time because IMO we can beat Golden State without Ty. I don't think we could get out of the second round either way, but we surely won't now. But I still think we can make things interesting.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #444
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Melo. Ballin'.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #445
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Looks like it's going to be a rematch between the Thunder and Heat.

Thunder have the West on lockdown and probably will for at least the next 5 years.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #446
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
Looks like it's going to be a rematch between the Thunder and Heat.

Thunder have the West on lockdown and probably will for at least the next 5 years.
Heat ya. West is a bit of a toss up. I assume you say this cause they beat the spurs who weren't at full strength. Even though neither team can win in each others house both are 0-2 on the road against each other. Memphis and Denver cannot be counted out.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-05-2013 at 09:32 PM..
Old 04-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #447
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Thank you Lakers!

*ugh*
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:01 AM   #448
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Heat ya. West is a bit of a toss up. I assume you say this cause they beat the spurs who weren't at full strength. Even though neither team can win in each others house both are 0-2 on the road against each other. Memphis and Denver cannot be counted out.
The Spurs are old and slow. I don't think they can keep up with us in a series again. Memphis is good too but they aren't on our level like the Spurs.

The team I'm worried about the most in the West is the Clippers because they can keep up with us and they have playmakers all over the place.

KD, Westbrook and Ibaka are the foundation and those guys aren't even 25 yet.

And good supporting players like Collison, Martin and Sefalosha help as well. Oh and an elite GM. I suspect he's going to package the 1st he got from Harden along with our original 1st to get a dominant player in the draft or trade.

The Thunder are the new Spurs. They are going to dominate for a long time. Just a matter of when they will get their title.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:04 AM   #449
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
The Spurs are old and slow. I don't think they can keep up with us in a series again. Memphis is good too but they aren't on our level like the Spurs.

The team I'm worried about the most in the West is the Clippers because they can keep up with us and they have playmakers all over the place.

KD, Westbrook and Ibaka are the foundation and those guys aren't even 25 yet.

And good supporting players like Collison, Martin and Sefalosha help as well. Oh and an elite GM. I suspect he's going to package the 1st he got from Harden along with our original 1st to get a dominant player in the draft or trade.

The Thunder are the new Spurs. They are going to dominate for a long time. Just a matter of when they will get their title.

I could see the warriors taking down the clippers for you though. They don't match up well against the clippers cause warriors can play their tempo and force them into half court, which the clippers aren't great at. Spurs aren't neccesarily old. Duncan plays better than he was in the mid 2000s. Parker is in his prime. Ginobili is falling apart though. There's no one else old. Leanord is a beast. Green is a beast. The problem they have is the turnovers and streaky shooting that bites them in the ass. Neal and bonner are the streakiest shooters I've seen. Bonner is a joke. And Neal would go 0-20 and not think twice about passing the ball. The turnovers and slumps ingame likely will be their demise. They can put up points in a hurry. Then go flat and not put up one basket over a span of minutes.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-06-2013 at 08:13 AM..
Old 04-06-2013, 08:04 PM   #450
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

I thought the Nuggets were ****ed without Gallo. WTF is going on tonight