The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2013, 05:45 AM   #101
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
I think it's disgusting actually. I don't think officers while on duty showcasing non-partisan views is good for anybody. How would you like it if a liberal sheriff pulled your over because he saw a Republican bumper sticker on your car and gave you the works no matter how your driving was. And vice versa (Republican cop giving a Dem the business). It's not a good thing. If they want to be one way or the other on their own time that is fine. While on duty, be a cop, not a politician. The badge doesn't belong to Republicans or Democrats. To protect and serve means to protect and serve the people, not a political view or agenda.
Just about every oath taken at every level of law enforcement and military service starts first and foremost with defending the Constitution of the United States. It's their sworn duty to protect it, even against corrupt political usurpation.
Old 04-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #102
tesnyde
Paradigm Coordinator

Keepit nuttier than a squirrel turd

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
I'm curious as to what your take on the political influence is in Colorado guys. I'm assuming its a lot like Montana in that the people that have lived there their whole lives are pretty traditional and for the most part are on the conservative side and the influx of californians and college students to the western state has really affected the political situation in Montana
Pretty much sums it up other than Denver has its own native liberal history and its not just Californians, but also rust belt and east coast move ins.
tesnyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #103
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Global forces.......hope your joking around or smoking something ?

The only thing between the 90% of us wanting common sense gun control laws and something happening is the minority lobbyist NRA.

Global forces..........no.........DOMESTIC lobbyists convincing government to do whats best for the minority of us is the problem..............
If 90% of the population wanted "common sense gun control laws" they would already have been enacted.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:38 AM   #104
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
If 90% of the population wanted "common sense gun control laws" they would already have been enacted.
He is counting parts of his own internal Population.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:46 AM   #105
Dukes
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
Global forces.......hope your joking around or smoking something ?

The only thing between the 90% of us wanting common sense gun control laws and something happening is the minority lobbyist NRA.

Global forces..........no.........DOMESTIC lobbyists convincing government to do whats best for the minority of us is the problem..............
Talk about living in a bubble in fantasy land.
Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:49 AM   #106
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
And if the LGBT community had the political power that justice Roberts thinks it has,they would already have the right to marry.
The problem is we got politicians who serve the few,the wealthy.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #107
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Why doesn't Harry Reid bring an assault weapon / high capacity magazine ban up for a vote in the senate? It's not because of the NRA's lobbying efforts.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 08:03 AM   #108
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 09:24 AM   #109
jerseyboiler120

Missed this thread yesterday. But the line graph showing New Jersey as a low gun/violent crime state is completely wrong. I live by Newark; there are murders constantly. And the ones that have the guns are the criminals that don't follow any laws anyway.

Can't trust any "facts" posted by abc, nbc, cbs, msnbc, cnn, yahoo, google, etc. They are propoganda machines, not media/news. Thus, the data the post is false. It has been proven to be so. For those of you libs who desire a communist country you should stop whining all the time, you're getting what you want.

The main point behind allowing citizens to have guns was to provide a means for protection against the government should it become too powerful and controlling. So what's happening now? Higher taxes to suppoer the entitled people who never work, can't drink large sodas, can't smoke, etc. Only the criminals live free. And as soon as the libs steal the guns there is no defense against the USSA.
Old 04-06-2013, 09:56 AM   #110
Bronkota
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post

The main point behind allowing citizens to have guns was to provide a means for protection against the government should it become too powerful and controlling. So what's happening now? Higher taxes to suppoer the entitled people who never work, can't drink large sodas, can't smoke, etc. Only the criminals live free. And as soon as the libs steal the guns there is no defense against the USSA.
Saw a commercial on tv yesterday where listening to the radio and driving is considered distracted driving......
Bronkota is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #111
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyboiler120 View Post

The main point behind allowing citizens to have guns was to provide a means for protection against the government should it become too powerful and controlling........
This is BS. The point of the Clause was to maintain "well regulated militias..." These were supposed to act under the orders of governors and State Legislatures. We know them today as National Guardsmen. Creeps who insist on having Bushmasters and other weapons of mass destruction are playing "Army", or looking to create fear and loathing. They are successful at the latter.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:51 AM   #112
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronkota View Post
Saw a commercial on tv yesterday where listening to the radio and driving is considered distracted driving......
I wonder if they advertise on the radio?
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:54 AM   #113
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
This is BS. The point of the Clause was to maintain "well regulated militias..." These were supposed to act under the orders of governors and State Legislatures. We know them today as National Guardsmen. Creeps who insist on having Bushmasters and other weapons of mass destruction are playing "Army", or looking to create fear and loathing. They are successful at the latter.
Lol, oh really. Do you know why the constitution was written like it was? Because our own government, the English, were ****ing us over and we used our might to get our own country. Seems people forget that we fought against our country in 1776 (and well before).
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 10:58 AM   #114
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:

To protect us from what centralized authority?

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #115
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
So those creeps in the military who believe in the 2nd and have Bushmasters, what are they playing?
ant1999e is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:05 AM   #116
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
To protect us from what centralized authority?

The Brits. They didn't set well regulated militias just so we could turn against ourselves.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:19 AM   #117
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
more name calling, congrats.
Says the dude who has been referring me with the same moniker for about what, five years now? I graduated like three years ago, lmfao. Sorry bro!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:24 AM   #118
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
Why would you expect him to give a solution to your conceived problem?
He brought up problems, offered no solutions. Lol.

Quote:
Let me ask you.... What is the solution?
To which problems?

Quote:
Personally in my opinion, there is not a solution.
Lol, how am I not surprised.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:38 AM   #119
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

The stats tell us there is no assault weapons or high capacity clip problem in the USA. We do have a violence/crime problem but assault rifles are not chosen by the criminals as a viable tool to commit crimes. They like small handguns. Why focus on the rifle sportsman and citizens are buying?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #120
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncobum6162 View Post
Evidently you haven't been watching Fox News.....just repeating what every other media outlet that has a different agenda is saying.....
O yeah I tried, but I just can't get past 10 minutes. Hannity, Bill O'Reilly, and Fox and friends are in to much of conservative bubble for me. But that's just my opinion!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #121
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBroncos View Post
And what is your take on MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, and CNN? They all do the exact opposite. They hate on Republicans and don't report on any negative news that could hurt obama.

Today's job news confirms what I have been saying for 2 years. The real unemployment number is between 12-15% when you count the people that have quit looking for a job.

Keep supporting him though. History will show that his policies were failures. I just fear we won't ever be able to dig out of the hole we are creating with the debt where it is.
Fox news just isn't my cup of tea. It finds reasons to bash the president whatever he does. He can say "Please pass the salt" and they find fault with it. So what your saying is that ALL other media outlets (MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, and CNN) are wrong and liberal, and Fox News is the only one right??
Old 04-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #122
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Fox news just isn't my cup of tea. It finds reasons to bash the president whatever he does. He can say "Please pass the salt" and they find fault with it. So what your saying is that ALL other media outlets (MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, and CNN) are wrong and liberal, and Fox News is the only one right??
I think he is saying the only reason fox news exists is because of those other networks. There bias towards the left forced the right to start a network of its own.

You realize how many times the left news agencies have been caught doctoring tape and video right? Cmon that is no accident. Like wise I am sure fox has done it also. I do laugh sometimes when i watch fox and they are obviously pushing the rights agenda. But i see it just as much the other way on virtually all the other networks. CBS and MSNBC being really bad.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:20 PM   #123
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
The Brits. They didn't set well regulated militias just so we could turn against ourselves.

Right. I am sure the founding fathers were perfectly fine with a central government after just throwing off the chains of one.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:43 PM   #124
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

The founding fathers drafted the U.S. Constitution to limit the power of the federal government and to preserve the individual, unalienable rights of U.S. Citizens, specifically so they may protect themselves from a tyrannical central government and other criminals.

One of those rights is enumerated in the 2nd Amendment of the Bill of Rights, and it grants individuals the right to keep and to bear arms.

How inconvenient for the Obama administration and the rest of the liberal progressives.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #125
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
The stats tell us there is no assault weapons or high capacity clip problem in the USA. We do have a violence/crime problem but assault rifles are not chosen by the criminals as a viable tool to commit crimes. They like small handguns. Why focus on the rifle sportsman and citizens are buying?
Because those pushing the take away are the same persons planning to enslave you for your own good because they know what is good for you better than you do and they do not want you having the fire power when they make their move.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote