The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 04:49 PM   #51
DarkHorse30
Smith Rules

Adopt-a-Bronco:
wolf pot roast

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Don't get me wrong.. the rest of the whole thing is completely and fantastically retarded. The "liberal media conspiracy" is a complete myth.
....based on your view, as a liberal? We agree to disagree
Quote:
This is a media that essentially turned on Al Gore during a presidential election
how so? by not pressing the issue of his father's (and a lot of southern democrats http://www.capitalgainsandgames.com/...ights-act-1964) problem with the civil rights act of 1964?
Quote:
gave Bush a free pass on fact checking ahead of the Iraq war,
because of wmd? interesting groups of quotes here, if you are interested http://www.davidstuff.com/political/wmdquotes.htm
Quote:
wow this playbook of yours is and routinely gives conservative positions "equal time" no matter how ridiculous they are
really? calling them "ridiculous" while reporting them isn't exactly the "equal time" I was interested in
Quote:
(reporting the "controversy" on global warming springs to mind).
apparently, the jury is still out on man-made global warming http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybel...arming-crisis/

Quote:
The incredibly shrill far right has developed a bizarre victimization complex. I guess it's just too hard being a white man in this country.
Do you enjoy being racist? Or is it bigotry, I forget...
DarkHorse30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:53 PM   #52
LonghornBronco
Ring of Famer

Hook'em Horns

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

LonghornBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 04:57 PM   #53
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

I blame you white people!!!
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #54
HighCountryBronco

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
I'm curious as to what your take on the political influence is in Colorado guys. I'm assuming its a lot like Montana in that the people that have lived there their whole lives are pretty traditional and for the most part are on the conservative side and the influx of californians and college students to the western state has really affected the political situation in Montana
You hit it dead on.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #55
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default Colorado has lost all hope...

ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:07 PM   #56
Jason7730
Seasoned Veteran

^WOW
Jason7730 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:19 PM   #57
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Bravo Bravo Bravo

It warms my heart to see a young officer of the law who is both awake to the problem and brave enough to make his statement while in uniform. I pray there are many move officers of the law that see through the systematic attack on the freedoms of this great nation.

I salute you Patriot!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #58
Paladin
Ring of Famer

Sheriff Smith of Larimer County says a lot of crap. He doesn't want gun control because his buddies in the Patriot Militia need to get those Bushmasters so they can go to training in the mountains and in Idaho to play "Army". It's a load of crap. I don't care if people have guns or shotguns to go hunting. But when the nutjobs and the paranoid and the tough-guy wannabes want those weapons to either kill or pretend to kill people, that's out of bounds. The Second Amendment was enacted to maintain "well regulated militias", and the hometown militias are not "well regulated". Most are full nutjobs like Nichols and the OK bomber.

Some gun control is necessary, and I think all the recall efforts - if they try them - will fail.
Paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #59
Bronkota
Solid Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Bravo Bravo Bravo

It warms my heart to see a young officer of the law who is both awake to the problem and brave enough to make his statement while in uniform. I pray there are many move officers of the law that see through the systematic attack on the freedoms of this great nation.

I salute you Patriot!
Nail on the head Baja!!
Bronkota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:31 PM   #60
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornBronco View Post
You should watch and more importantly listen to the vid in the OP.

You didn't did ya.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #61
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Sheriff made some good points, but when on a lot of tangents and logical fallacies and doesn't offer any solutions himself. Just tries to regurgitate big words and repeats himself. Overly verbose. Wanna get real, Sheriff? Come up with some solutions on your own or actually state them instead of blaming Obama and leftist politicians using fear mongering, which was pretty much what your whole video was. Lol. What a turdlicker.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:06 PM   #62
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Sheriff made some good points, but when on a lot of tangents and logical fallacies and doesn't offer any solutions himself. Just tries to regurgitate big words and repeats himself. Overly verbose. Wanna get real, Sheriff? Come up with some solutions on your own or actually state them instead of blaming Obama and leftist politicians using fear mongering, which was pretty much what your whole video was. Lol. What a turdlicker.
Nah, he made some very lucid points but the fact is liberals don't want to hear solutions outside of more laws that only affect the general population and not the criminal element. He stated how the shootings in Connecticut were done by someone who killed his mother and then took her guns to perpetrate the crime. So, the crazy kid killed someone in order to kill others. So crazy kid started the mass killings by committing a crime. That crime was "don't murder" but that's exactly what the kid did in order to commit other killings. Again, broken law. The cop in the video also says punish the criminals and he then gives an example of how taking away capital punishment for a violent offender while at the same time enacting punitive punishment for the general populice is backwards thinking.

Now you are calling him names, again, a typical liberal response when you don't agree with someone else. Congrats again, Mr. College Degree guy.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:09 PM   #63
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

A spade is a spade. He offered no solutions at all. Just more divisiveness and hot air. Not going to lick his balls and crown him king. You guys can do that. Let the circle jerk commence.

And yes, I have a college degree. Most people who aren't piles of **** do.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:10 PM   #64
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
A spade is a spade. He offered no solutions at all. Just more divisiveness and hot air. Not going to lick his balls and crown him king. You guys can do that. Let the circle jerk commence.

more name calling, congrats.
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:12 PM   #65
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
By the time Obama is done, he will have added more federal debt than all other presidents before him combined.
Debt has nothing to do with disparity.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #66
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:

Why would you expect him to give a solution to your conceived problem?

Let me ask you.... What is the solution?

Personally in my opinion, there is not a solution. Do you have any idea how many millions of guns legal and illegal are in the hands of the people of the United States. The crap that the politician are spewing is just nonsense to appease the weak minded to make them feel good about their every day life. People that own large clips, automatic weapons and such are not going to be turning them over no matter what law is passed.

Every gun owner I know have had this same conversation and let me tell you, not a single one of them give a rats ass what congress passes as law, they are all keeping all of their weapons.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #67
broncobum6162
Manning Up!

Baaammmmmmmm!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Have u not seen Fox news?? That channel is full of hypocritical, elitist, borderline racist, and conservative BS! This footage could fill a day of Fox News reports. They would love this. Those guys HATE Obama on that network.
Evidently you haven't been watching Fox News.....just repeating what every other media outlet that has a different agenda is saying.....
broncobum6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:27 PM   #68
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Lol, I was about to post something along the lines of "this guys is embarrassing himself" but I didn't want to appear as a liberal, because I'm not.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #69
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
You guys act as if background checks/gun regulations is unconstitutional. SCOTUS has already ruled that guns can regulated,including the ban of ARs.
You know the SCOTUS doesn't always make the right decision, don't you?

Dred Scott says hello from the grave.......

Dred Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. 393 (1857), also known as the Dred Scott Decision, was a landmark decision by the U.S. Supreme Court.
It made two main rulings. The first ruling was that African-Americans were not citizens, and therefore had no standing to sue in federal court. The second ruling was that the federal government had no power to regulate slavery in any territory acquired subsequent to the creation of the United States.

To put that much power in the hands of a few individuals is very scary.........
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #70
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Have u not seen Fox news?? That channel is full of hypocritical, elitist, borderline racist, and conservative BS! This footage could fill a day of Fox News reports. They would love this. Those guys HATE Obama on that network.

another liberal complaining about Fox news....that's like the college QB whining about the one cheerleader who won't sleep with him.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #71
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Congress penalizes the law abiding for being law abiding. The odd similarity between these mass shootings(besides the guns, obviously) are the people pulling it off are insane. Rather than find a way to keep crazy away from weapons, they blame the weapon. They then wrap up gun control in "protecting the children" flags and ram reactionary legislation through to 1. remove the right for Americans who have broken no laws to possess weapons or 2. cover their own ass so when these measures fail, they can say "well we did something, right?".

You do have to wonder, however why Americans cannot possess automatic weapons, but our beloved government can sell automatic weapons to mexican drug cartels. Odd, how that works.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:44 PM   #72
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Debt has nothing to do with disparity.
Debt is the primary driver of disparity. Asset inflation occurs with the incremental increase in money supply.

Currently the federal government is printing money at a rate of $1T per year, driving the costs of real assets out of range for average Americans.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:47 PM   #73
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Are you ****ing serious?

a black friend of mine was debating another co-worker years ago of how america started moving towards being a welfare state .....he stated that a significant change was made to the Constitution that brought about this shift.......he even pinpointed the date as August 18th, 1920

what was sad was not one woman in the break room during the debate knew what he was talking about.........
Old 04-05-2013, 07:52 PM   #74
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/04/...tive-influence

California Senator Dianne Feinstein has linked violent video games to recent shootings and has stated that Congress may have to step in if the industry doesn't change its actions...

Why not. I mean, its not like our government has other issues to deal with.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:57 PM   #75
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
South Dakota and North Dakota = high ownership of guns and people aren't dying. . . but now teachers can pack heat in schools in SD. Wonder when the first tragedy will happen.
Hopefully never...but I'd be willing to bet the farm it ain't gonna happen in S.Dakota

It'll happen in a state that has harsh gun laws, and gun free zones......