The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #1
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Default Colorado Sheriff calls out Obama after visit

IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #2
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

And.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:07 PM   #3
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

this should end well
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

The man speaks the truth. It's about time people start speaking up.

Unfortunately, none of the media outlets will show it, as they are too busy pumping out their daily progressive liberal agenda.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #5
schaaf

Prepare your anus sheriff, there are a lot of liberals in Colorado.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:37 PM   #6
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
Prepare your anus sheriff, there are a lot of liberals in Colorado.
Not in Elbert County there aren't. Plus, like he said, sherriff's are locally elected.

I'm glad the Sherrif's departments in El Paso and Elbert counties are making a stand. It helps me to know that there actually are some elected officials in Colorado who stand for the U.S. Constitution.
Old 04-05-2013, 01:42 PM   #7
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

You guys act as if background checks/gun regulations is unconstitutional. SCOTUS has already ruled that guns can regulated,including the ban of ARs.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
schaaf

I'm curious as to what your take on the political influence is in Colorado guys. I'm assuming its a lot like Montana in that the people that have lived there their whole lives are pretty traditional and for the most part are on the conservative side and the influx of californians and college students to the western state has really affected the political situation in Montana
Old 04-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #9
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

Unfortunately, none of the media outlets will show it, as they are too busy pumping out their daily progressive liberal agenda.
Have u not seen Fox news?? That channel is full of hypocritical, elitist, borderline racist, and conservative BS! This footage could fill a day of Fox News reports. They would love this. Those guys HATE Obama on that network.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 01:57 PM   #10
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

everyone has some issue with him and it's always someone with an agenda.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:12 PM   #11
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

ouch... well wisdom is needed and he is right the bad guys dont play by the rules, they just steal or buy guns from law abiding people..
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #12
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Marvin Austin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
Have u not seen Fox news?? That channel is full of hypocritical, elitist, borderline racist, and conservative BS! This footage could fill a day of Fox News reports. They would love this. Those guys HATE Obama on that network.
I am going to have to start watching Fox. Thanks for the heads up
OBF1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:23 PM   #13
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaaf View Post
I'm curious as to what your take on the political influence is in Colorado guys. I'm assuming its a lot like Montana in that the people that have lived there their whole lives are pretty traditional and for the most part are on the conservative side and the influx of californians and college students to the western state has really affected the political situation in Montana
Yep, you got it. The problem is so many people (especially women) are easily influenced by what they watch on TV, and what they read in the newspaper. All the major media outlets are controlled by the progressive liberal machine, and they bombard you with it constantly every single day...from the morning news to the nightly news.

When Bush was in office, every single news story was about the war in Afghanistan. Now, every single news story is about banning guns, even though Colorado has the lowest homicide rate of any state. They even bring up 2-year old murders, if they aren't talking about Aurora Theater.

Every story they do is made in order to twist public sentiment towards their agenda, whether it's "free" B/C's, gay marriage, banning guns, global warming, etc. It's all about increasing their power and controlling people.

I had hope for Colorado, all the way up until the 2012 elections. Now I don't. Welfare states create dependency that spreads like a disease.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:33 PM   #14
ScottXray
Opinionated A******

We will NOT lose!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Off. CENTER

Elbert County is a rural , farming and ranching county, SouthEast of Denver
and East of I 25. It is loaded with conservative ranchers, etc., and upper income weekend ranchers and horse property owners. There is also significant hunting and game .

Like most states, the heavily Urban population around Denver controls the state vote, as about 85% of the state population is concentrated there. The same type of demographic occurs in most western states.

Unless they start apportioning representatives in state legislatures based on geographic areas of counties rather than population, the trend will continue to go towards the Dems, unless the Republicans wake up and smell the coffee. Stop pissing off the very voters you need to take urban areas ( women, gays , latinos and other minorities.)
ScottXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #15
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Exactly.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:43 PM   #16
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
And what is your take on MSNBC, CBS, ABC, NBC, and CNN? They all do the exact opposite. They hate on Republicans and don't report on any negative news that could hurt obama.

Today's job news confirms what I have been saying for 2 years. The real unemployment number is between 12-15% when you count the people that have quit looking for a job.

Keep supporting him though. History will show that his policies were failures. I just fear we won't ever be able to dig out of the hole we are creating with the debt where it is.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #17
Drunken.Broncoholic

What's hilarious is the fact that some of these dems don't even know how a magazine is used.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...QXFdWJDRgLfjFA
Old 04-05-2013, 02:52 PM   #18
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yep, you got it. The problem is so many people (especially women) are easily influenced by what they watch on TV, and what they read in the newspaper. All the major media outlets are controlled by the progressive liberal machine, and they bombard you with it constantly every single day...from the morning news to the nightly news.
Are you ****ing serious?

enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #19
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

People talking about the mainstream media and pointing fingers (like in this thread) are the the ones that have the "problem" and are encouraging it. Too many people with many proud biases who lean and cling on certain issues to justify their stances and beliefs when they fail to realize a full-scale reform at the federal level of this country is needed. Anyone in here actually taken a course or done serious research about bias in the media and the prism(s) it encompasses from an ideological standpoint? And JFC, most places that report the media don't "shy" away from having a bias. They know they do. . .

Instead of running to FAUX, MSNBC and all those other shill organizations, try actually getting involved in the political process, locally or at a state level (or anything with some sort of structure) and actually find out how **** works. Read a book, get an education and understand how **** actually works. Unfortunately, our country is one of the least educated populations in the "first world" in regards to civics and we have created a culture where people give more ****s about American Idol than they would ever care about understanding their role in government or place in the country.

Dumb****s everywhere.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #20
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Don't get me wrong.. the rest of the whole thing is completely and fantastically retarded. The "liberal media conspiracy" is a complete myth. This is a media that essentially turned on Al Gore during a presidential election, gave Bush a free pass on fact checking ahead of the Iraq war, and routinely gives conservative positions "equal time" no matter how ridiculous they are (reporting the "controversy" on global warming springs to mind).

The incredibly shrill far right has developed a bizarre victimization complex. I guess it's just too hard being a white man in this country.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #21
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Are you ****ing serious?

lol

There are idiots on both side of the isle.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #22
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Don't get me wrong.. the rest of the whole thing is completely and fantastically retarded. The "liberal media conspiracy" is a complete myth. This is a media that essentially turned on Al Gore during a presidential election, gave Bush a free pass on fact checking ahead of the Iraq war, and routinely gives conservative positions "equal time" no matter how ridiculous they are (reporting the "controversy" on global warming springs to mind).

The incredibly shrill far right has developed a bizarre victimization complex. I guess it's just too hard being a white man in this country.
This has to be the most naive post I've ever seen on this website. Ya I'm sure the NYtimes msnbc etc loves to report something that favors a conservative point of view.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:00 PM   #23
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:

Depends on who you ask. MSNBC veers left and FOX veers right. CNN is fluff. BBC is good, but it's never on. Print media trends left, with a couple exceptions and radio media trends right with a couple of exceptions.

The bottom line is that ALL media is funded by advertising, so they're all going to trend towards pushing a corporate agenda. I don't think that is either right or left. Every company that advertises is trying to grab as much as they can - corporate welfare - but the right plays into it just as much.

It's bad for the economy in the long-run.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:01 PM   #24
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
This has to be the most naive post I've ever seen on this website. Ya I'm sure the NYtimes msnbc etc loves to report something that favors a conservative point of view.
David Brooks and Karl Rove write for the New York Times... just sayin.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #25
Blart
I'm gay for the Broncos!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
all @ same time

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ths-fact-check

Want more statistics? Sorry, the NRA lobbies to stop all gun studies, they stop all data collection, and put barriers to information sharing. The NRA's biggest fear is an informed public.

Last edited by Blart; 04-05-2013 at 03:09 PM..
Blart is offline   Reply With Quote