The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2013, 11:20 AM   #226
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

i like Lattimore in the 4th or lower, maybe even lower 3rd.
i would rather spend a 1st on Lacy and have the complete back who is ready to go and has no real injury history though. i honestly wouldn't mind them taking 2 RB's with one being Lattimore and a insurance back before or after his selection.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #227
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
If we can get him in the second that would be awesome! But I doubt it though. I would rather get him in the 1st. I don't think we will get that CB from Houston because I think Denver wants bigger CB's if they do get one. However, I still want Cyrien or Eric Reid at safety and RB in the third.
Cyprien is likely to go 25ish after his numbers at the combine and etc.
it would not shock me to see the Ravens grab him to replace Reed.

Moore i just can't see falling to the 2nd. he's just too productive and his tape is too good to warrant falling out of the first. he won't go top 5 like initially expected but some team is gonna get a player. honestly i feel he would be perfect for Denver. he and Von would push each other so much they might start meeting at the QB and trying to knock the other away to get a solo sack.
Old 04-05-2013, 11:25 AM   #228
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
I agree. My initial reaction after the Combine was early 2nd round. It was so catastrophic, but his tape is so good. Same with Jarvis Jones. I just can't drop these guys out of the 1st Round, hell, I can't even drop them out of the first 15-20 selections now. Once the handful of elite players go, these two just stare you in the face so hard. And that tape and production is so tasty.

Moore apparently is going to try and do another workout before the draft. We'll see how that goes. At least he's trying I guess.
Jones is not my favorite guy in this draft either. His tape is right there in front of people, and he gets schemed into plays and all the other talent around him soaks up the responsibility (Especailly Cornellius Washington). How many times does he make a play unblocked? How many times is it because the defense gets outschemed and is late to react to him, not because he did anything spectacular.

He reminds me of Jamal Anderson DE out of Arkansas a few years ago. Everybody looked at his tape and numbers and thought he was a top 10 DE. They failed to realize he always got matched up one on one with the weakest OL and Arkansas ran a true 5-2 defense to keep him from getting doubled. That DC certainly used his talent to create mismatches and Anderson looked all world. However, no one took into account that he was not going to get that in the NFL, and he never learned how to play DE on either side straight up or how to handle a double team. He was simply a product of the scheme.

Jones reminds me of that. He struggles mightily if someone blocks him in all phases of the game. He even gets washed completely out of the play a lot because he gambles someone is going to protect him every snap. Worked at Georgia, but he will not be that free ever in the NFL. Looks all world from his highlight reel, but scares the crap out of me as a DC who needs a player who can play his responsibility at the NFL level.

I hope he can be a playmaker at the next level, I hate to root against a kid. He is buyer beware in my book though and a product of the scheme.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #229
MileHighMagic
Ho-Slayer

SAUCED

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dave Logan

Knile Davis

Davis might have helped his draft stock at the 2013 Scouting Combine more than any other player. At 227 pounds, Davis’s performance was off the charts with 31 reps on the bench press, a 10’8’’ broad jump, and official 4.37 40-yard dash. He really showed the type of explosiveness we saw from him in 2010.

MileHighMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 12:58 PM   #230
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

i need Knile Davis to stop, he's supposed to be my 5th round steal guy dammit!
Old 04-05-2013, 01:05 PM   #231
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighMagic View Post
Knile Davis

Davis might have helped his draft stock at the 2013 Scouting Combine more than any other player. At 227 pounds, Davis’s performance was off the charts with 31 reps on the bench press, a 10’8’’ broad jump, and official 4.37 40-yard dash. He really showed the type of explosiveness we saw from him in 2010.

I'm luke warm on Knile Davis and I'm a big Arkansas fan. I don't like his footwork particularly well, in fact, it reminds me of Moreno. And, this game demostrates a problem with protecting the ball. I wouldn't mind him in the 7th round.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #232
fontaine
Ring of Famer

Go John Manning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I'm luke warm on Knile Davis and I'm a big Arkansas fan. I don't like his footwork particularly well, in fact, it reminds me of Moreno. And, this game demostrates a problem with protecting the ball. I wouldn't mind him in the 7th round.
You're absolutely right. The guy chops his feet constantly (rather than jump cutting) when changing direction making him an easy tackle at the NFL level.

Moreno.
fontaine is offline   Reply With Quote