The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2013, 03:35 PM   #201
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
I could live with that! But I also want Kiko Alonzo so bad in the 2nd.
I hate to break it too you but, we won't need him after T'eo is drafted in the first round

What I don't understand is how some one can pretty much Peterson return from this...

and people still question him. The guy is going to be ready to play and ready to prove to teams that passed him that he is a stud.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #202
Drunken.Broncoholic

Barry Sanders could switch directions and be at full speed within a second or two.

There hasn't been or will be a back like him. Some may come close, but no one is sanders.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:20 PM   #203
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
I understand what you are saying and you think Lacy will be a special RB which is fine, all I'm saying is I'm not so sure he will be but he looks to have some good skills. My point about Trufant is that it's just much harder to find a good CB than it is a good RB. I like Trufant because he's disiplined, he too has a proven record in college as I think he played 3 years, he's got speed, he has decent size too and yes, he may very well be sitting at there when the Broncos pick at 28, which is fantastic. In mock drafts I've seen Trufant go as high as in the teens and as low as 30 in the first round.
If Trufant is there at 28 he would be a very good selection. Florida State has 2 DEs that I think would be great in Denver Tank Carradine is a good replacement pass rusher for Doom. Bjoern Werner is probably more qualified to play for the Broncos as he is white, and a tough guy against the run. I wouldn't mind either.

If Kenny Vaccaro somehow fell that far Denver would have to take him.
Old 03-27-2013, 05:31 PM   #204
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Marcus Lattimore - RB - PlayerSouth Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore (knee surgeries) worked out for reps from all 32 teams on Wednesday, and the room "burst into applause when he was done."It would appear the reports of Lattimore's miraculous recovery have not been exaggerated. He's still in a race against time to be ready for Week 1, but has "no doubt" he'll be ready some time in the first half of the season. Lattimore will be one of the more vexing conundrums for teams in April's draft. He's far from a lock to go before day three.

Just get him in the 2nd.
Well if he's that far along it does change things. I didn't realize he was this close to being back to 100%. If that's the case, where at some point during the 1st half of the season you think he's going to be ready, then that would change my opinion on the draft. You could probably get him late 2nd early 3rd. If the Broncos could trade down in the 1st and pick up that late 2nd pick, which would give us 2 pics there, I would go with Lattimore with one of those 2nd rounders and get maybe a nice DT, DE or S with the other 2nd. BUT, that's if he really is that close and could contribute early to mid season. If he's not going to be fully ready to late in the year then I would not draft him sooner then mid to late 3rd round.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 06:28 PM   #205
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I hate to break it too you but, we won't need him after T'eo is drafted in the first round

What I don't understand is how some one can pretty much Peterson return from this...

and people still question him. The guy is going to be ready to play and ready to prove to teams that passed him that he is a stud.
He is the definition of beast!
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:22 AM   #206
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Does anyone have any thought on Brandon Jenkins? He looks like a much more athletic pass rusher than Carradine. I have been looking at Carradine's tape and he looks incredibly rigid, almost Lurch-like when he moves, quite a lot of the big plays he makes he gets on 2nd efforts rather than on his first move. Carradine is definitely a solid base end, but I am not sure his pass rush production will translate unless he develops some serious power moves. Jenkins is smaller and faster and comes off the snap really quickly, but he looks like he relies a ton of the outside speed rush and doesn't seem to have an effective counter move or a swim move or anything to go inside, I have seen a few spins, but that is a very dangerous move to go to since you lose sight of the ball.

Has anyone been scouting Jenkins?
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 AM   #207
Bacchus

WHat about in the 5th round Denver selects Denard Robinson, KR, Michigan and then puts him in the slot behind Welker to learn everything thing Welker does. Robinson has all the tools to be an awesome slot, find the openings and then turn short passes into long gains.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:32 AM   #208
Denver724
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
If the Broncos select DJ Hayden with their first pick. . .

Not only will I flip out more than I did last year, I will probably end my life.
From Kiper's latest Mock.
Attached Images

Denver724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:36 AM   #209
SlyEli

didn't the broncos just draft a "high ceiling, potential great but injured" corner last year in bolden?
Old 04-05-2013, 07:44 AM   #210
yerner
Ring of Famer

Same Kiper draft...

58. Denver Broncos
Damontre Moore *, DE, Texas A&M
He's fallen during the postseason evaluation process, but was extremly productive.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:01 AM   #211
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Same Kiper draft...

58. Denver Broncos
He's fallen during the postseason evaluation process, but was extremly productive.
steal at 58...that'd be crazy if he fell that far. A month ago he was top 5
Old 04-05-2013, 08:07 AM   #212
RocBronc
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Does anyone have any thought on Brandon Jenkins? He looks like a much more athletic pass rusher than Carradine. I have been looking at Carradine's tape and he looks incredibly rigid, almost Lurch-like when he moves, quite a lot of the big plays he makes he gets on 2nd efforts rather than on his first move. Carradine is definitely a solid base end, but I am not sure his pass rush production will translate unless he develops some serious power moves. Jenkins is smaller and faster and comes off the snap really quickly, but he looks like he relies a ton of the outside speed rush and doesn't seem to have an effective counter move or a swim move or anything to go inside, I have seen a few spins, but that is a very dangerous move to go to since you lose sight of the ball.

Has anyone been scouting Jenkins?
I posted (I think in another thread) that I liked Jenkins as well... After watching the tape, I agree with you that Carradine has some limitations. I guess Jenkins is still not healed from his foot injury so taking him is going to involve some risk that he won't come all the way back but if he's available in the 4th round, I'd pick him up no doubt.
RocBronc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:14 AM   #213
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
Damontre Moore had the WORST offseason I have seen in awhile, not taking into account Tyrann Mathieu's ridiculous trip to wonderland. He proved to GM's his lack of taking football seriously and therefore NOT getting a huge contract.

That being said, a lot of the talk about him dropping down boards is true. However, it only takes one team to stop his free fall and he has a ton of talent. Talent does NOT make a good NFL player, it is just the price of admission. And, most of the uber talented guys struggle when they have to mentally prepare and work hard for the first time at this level.

I sincerely doubt he falls to 58, but I have seen weirder things in the draft and these guys have more details on his work ethic than I do.
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:16 AM   #214
yerner
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by elibroncofan View Post
Also has Werner, Tank and Datone Jones taken in the early second. Lots of uncertainty this year. How do the Broncos pass on Werner? Dude was top 15 going into the offseason.
yerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:41 AM   #215
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post
Damontre Moore had the WORST offseason I have seen in awhile, not taking into account Tyrann Mathieu's ridiculous trip to wonderland. He proved to GM's his lack of taking football seriously and therefore NOT getting a huge contract.

That being said, a lot of the talk about him dropping down boards is true. However, it only takes one team to stop his free fall and he has a ton of talent. Talent does NOT make a good NFL player, it is just the price of admission. And, most of the uber talented guys struggle when they have to mentally prepare and work hard for the first time at this level.

I sincerely doubt he falls to 58, but I have seen weirder things in the draft and these guys have more details on his work ethic than I do.
Do you not remember Burficts off-season last year??
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:57 AM   #216
Mediator12
OM analyst

Roby AND Latimer?Who the Hell Knew?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
True, but he was never a top 10 kind of guy. I should have qualified that. There have been plenty of poor offseasons for lesser prospects, and Burfict sure played well this year for CIN. The question is for how long
Mediator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:13 AM   #217
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Until when? Hes one step from pulling a Chris Henry.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #218
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

I loved Jonathan Cyprien in the 2nd round, but Drunken was right he won't be there ... in fact he's blowing up so fast in mocks now, many have him going before #28 ... just two weeks ago he was a consensus late 2nd/early 3rd.

I'm not as high on Jonathan Hankins anymore now that we signed Knighton, who's just 26 I'll stick with Trufant ... or Datone Jones if he last that long, which he won't.

Desmond Trufant and Damontre Moore 1-2 would rock the house
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:02 AM   #219
Bigdawg26
Ring of Famer

Just let it happen!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerner View Post
Same Kiper draft...

58. Denver Broncos
If we can get him in the second that would be awesome! But I doubt it though. I would rather get him in the 1st. I don't think we will get that CB from Houston because I think Denver wants bigger CB's if they do get one. However, I still want Cyrien or Eric Reid at safety and RB in the third.
Bigdawg26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:34 AM   #220
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediator12 View Post

I agree. My initial reaction after the Combine was early 2nd round. It was so catastrophic, but his tape is so good. Same with Jarvis Jones. I just can't drop these guys out of the 1st Round, hell, I can't even drop them out of the first 15-20 selections now. Once the handful of elite players go, these two just stare you in the face so hard. And that tape and production is so tasty.

Moore apparently is going to try and do another workout before the draft. We'll see how that goes. At least he's trying I guess.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:35 AM   #221
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
I loved Jonathan Cyprien in the 2nd round, but Drunken was right he won't be there ... in fact he's blowing up so fast in mocks now, many have him going before #28 ... just two weeks ago he was a consensus late 2nd/early 3rd.

I'm not as high on Jonathan Hankins anymore now that we signed Knighton, who's just 26 I'll stick with Trufant ... or Datone Jones if he last that long, which he won't.

Desmond Trufant and Damontre Moore 1-2 would rock the house
That would be a mike Tyson 1-2 punch. Would be incredible. It's getting that time where it gets interesting and people are rising and falling all over the place. I'm surprised Hayden is jumping so high
Old 04-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #222
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdawg26 View Post
If we can get him in the second that would be awesome! But I doubt it though. I would rather get him in the 1st. I don't think we will get that CB from Houston because I think Denver wants bigger CB's if they do get one. However, I still want Cyrien or Eric Reid at safety and RB in the third.
I think Cyprien and Reid are getting more and more likley as options in the 1st Round. I'm not sure Reid makes it anymore, but Cyprien should be there.

My only hangup is that Elway and Fox have the philosophy that they want their 1st Round selection to be an instant starter and contribute heavily. I'm not sure a Safety can do that. We did just pick up Mike Adams' roster bonus, and he was quite good for us last season.

The only guys I can see that can come in and start Day 1, would be a MLB or a RB. So, I highly expect us to go that route.

Safety is my wildcard though. I could see an elite talent moving Adams to the bench.
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 10:46 AM   #223
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

If the Broncos got Trufant in the first round you can bet no way Bailey would make 9-10 mil a yr next yr. Broncos would want relief or GASP! he could even be cut.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:02 AM   #224
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

My latest Broncos draft board. Follow plan "a" throughout, or follow plan "b" thoughout. If all else fails, pick the best player available from plan "x".

Code:
1 a	Damontre Moore			DE
1 a	Cornelius Carradine		DE
1 b	Manti Te'o			ILB
1 x	DJ Hayden (courtesy of Kiper)	CB

2 a	Sio Moore			ILB
2 b	Jamie Collins			DE
2 b	John Simon			DE
2 x	Johnathan Franklin		RB
2 x	Jon Bostic			ILB

3 a, b	Le'Veon Bell			RB
3 a, b	Christine Michael		RB
3 a, b	TJ McDonald			SS
3 x	Ryan Swope			WR

4 a, b	Chris Harper			WR

5 a, b	Kwame Geathers			NT
5 x	Eric Martin (courtesy of MUG)	OLB

7 a, b	Brett Maher			K
The goal is:
1. Damontre Moore DE (or Carradine DE)
2. Sio Moore LB (Broncos visit)
3. Christine Michael RB (reported Broncos interest, save $5M by cutting McGahee)
4. TJ McDonald SS (Broncos visit)
5. Kwame Geathers NT (Broncos visit)
7. Brett Maher K (save $5M by cutting Prater)

Last edited by pricejj; 04-05-2013 at 11:27 AM..
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:15 AM   #225
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Damontre Moore's Pro Day was good. I'm glad Kiper is low-balling him. Moore flat out produces and is only 20 years old.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote