The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 AM   #401
enjolras
Ring of Famer

enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:45 AM   #402
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Oh and the Nuggets *are* the better team. They not only have a better record since the trade, they've done it in a much tougher conference.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:06 AM   #403
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Safe to assume Derrick Rose isn't playing this year?
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:29 AM   #404
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Big win. Frenchy got game.
It's funny, last night I texted a buddy who was watching the game "Dude, is Fournier actually good?"

It's been tough to gauge because this Nuggets team is so deep, when everybody is healthy there just aren't any minutes for the rook. But lately every time he has come into a game, he has made plays, made a positive impact. Potential 2-guard of the future?
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #405
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
It's funny, last night I texted a buddy who was watching the game "Dude, is Fournier actually good?"

It's been tough to gauge because this Nuggets team is so deep, when everybody is healthy there just aren't any minutes for the rook. But lately every time he has come into a game, he has made plays, made a positive impact. Potential 2-guard of the future?
He sure looks like a gem. Efficient, crafty, and shooting lights out right now. He could be a star in the future. Which is amazing given he was essentially a throw-away draft pick. The Nuggets front-office is rock solid.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #406
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

I grew up watching two pro teams in Colorado, the Broncos and the Nuggets. I watched some god-aweful Nuggets teams and I watched some good young Nuggets teams over the years. It looks like Kroenke has put together a good front office for the team which is helping and the Nuggets have stuck with George Karl too. So, there is some stability.

As for Melo being gone, that is great too. Melo wanted out of Denver and not only this, he wanted to only play for one team. The Nuggets, to their credit, orchestrated a great trade. The NYK's got what they wanted and the Nuggets got some talent in return. By definition, this is what a "trade" is all about. You have to give up something in order to get something.

I'll be watching the Nugz in the playoffs and hoping they finally put it all together for a run at the championship.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:34 AM   #407
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Another great surprising win by the Nugs. Don't know why I get surprised anymore, guess I'm conditioned to believe that we always lose in Utah. Freaking team is awesome, and they're figuring out how to do it without Ty. Need to keep it going tonight.

As far as the Knicks go, whether we won or lost the trade, Masai has done an outstanding job with this team since taking over. And the Nugs are the better team. I'd love to see them go against the Knicks in a 7 game series. I bet the Nugs would win in 5.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:53 AM   #408
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Another great surprising win by the Nugs. Don't know why I get surprised anymore, guess I'm conditioned to believe that we always lose in Utah. Freaking team is awesome, and they're figuring out how to do it without Ty. Need to keep it going tonight.

As far as the Knicks go, whether we won or lost the trade, Masai has done an outstanding job with this team since taking over. And the Nugs are the better team. I'd love to see them go against the Knicks in a 7 game series. I bet the Nugs would win in 5.
Both benefited from the trade and are better teams now than they were. And i doubt either will beat the Heat/Thunder. If either even get far enough to have the opportunity.

All the nuggs fans are obsessed with Melo (who is ballin' right now), but how about JR Smith! He's actually turned into a basketball player.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:58 AM   #409
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Yeah, but you're forgetting the climate around NYC at the time. The Knicks had been GOD AWFUL for years, got Donnie Walsh, and purged the entire roster in hopes of grabbing LeBron. Once that looked like it wasn't happening, nor Wade/Bosh...they HAD to do something. Plus, Stat actually energized the fan base at the beginning of his tenure...the knicks were playing pretty well.

Obviously, it screwed them a bit, but i understand why they did it.
If I remember correctly, they finally cleared all the dead contracts and were ready to spend. Since they couldn't land James/Wade/Bosh. They just had to spend the money? While NY was bad for years they finally had relief from the contracts which cause the problem in the first place. Couldn't land a player, so they drop all that money on Stat? Knicks have always been a destination. Just no patience shown there. There was no rush to drop that type of coin on Stat.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #410
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Originally Posted by maher_tyler View Post
Safe to assume Derrick Rose isn't playing this year?
He shouldn't and a tough 1st round matchup with the Pacers(as of today).
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:26 AM   #411
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Both benefited from the trade and are better teams now than they were. And i doubt either will beat the Heat/Thunder. If either even get far enough to have the opportunity.

All the nuggs fans are obsessed with Melo (who is ballin' right now), but how about JR Smith! He's actually turned into a basketball player.
But the Nuggets are a better team than the Knicks right now. And so many of the big contributers of the Nugs came from that trade. The cool thing for us Nug fans, is the fact that after that trade we were told the Nuggets were going to go into a Cleveland type stupor, where we'd be really bad for quite awhile, before hoping to get good lottery balls and drafting the next star(s). So the fact that the post-melo Nuggets are now a top 5 in the league team recordwise, is awesome. The fact that this team will most likely have a better record than Melo's best Nuggets team has had, is amazing.

And the fact that they did this with great trades and great draft picks, seemingly finding a gem every year with Masai, is more awesome. And without a star. Just a great system with good players buying in.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:33 AM   #412
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

And JR has always had his moments where he was very good, but always reverts back to that stupid goofy bastard that drives the team he's on crazy. I wouldn't get use to what he's doing right now if I were you.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:57 AM   #413
bombay
Ring of Famer

I loved watching the Nuggets get the Laker whistle in Utah last night.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #414
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
If I remember correctly, they finally cleared all the dead contracts and were ready to spend. Since they couldn't land James/Wade/Bosh. They just had to spend the money? While NY was bad for years they finally had relief from the contracts which cause the problem in the first place. Couldn't land a player, so they drop all that money on Stat? Knicks have always been a destination. Just no patience shown there. There was no rush to drop that type of coin on Stat.
No, you have to understand the climate. The FO positioned themselves for the 2011 FA period. If the knicks did NOTHING, the fanbase would have erupted. It would have been completely unacceptable. Patience was gone. For PR reasons they HAD to do something. They took a shot, for a year it worked, and now they are stuck with it. **** happens.

Here's the reality. Right now, the Knicks are a 50-win team playing pretty good basketball. The STAT thing didnt work out, but its not like it totally annhilated us either.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:55 AM   #415
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
And JR has always had his moments where he was very good, but always reverts back to that stupid goofy bastard that drives the team he's on crazy. I wouldn't get use to what he's doing right now if I were you.
Of course, but he's playing the best basketball of his life and is being more economical with his play.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #416
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
But the Nuggets are a better team than the Knicks right now. And so many of the big contributers of the Nugs came from that trade. The cool thing for us Nug fans, is the fact that after that trade we were told the Nuggets were going to go into a Cleveland type stupor, where we'd be really bad for quite awhile, before hoping to get good lottery balls and drafting the next star(s). So the fact that the post-melo Nuggets are now a top 5 in the league team recordwise, is awesome. The fact that this team will most likely have a better record than Melo's best Nuggets team has had, is amazing.

And the fact that they did this with great trades and great draft picks, seemingly finding a gem every year with Masai, is more awesome. And without a star. Just a great system with good players buying in.
Whatever, they are similar enough. Both teams benefited, neither team is probably winning anything.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #417
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

utah utah utah!!!

Man, I so badly want the Lakers 1st round pick here in phx, just hoping they lose a few more and utah can pull some of these tough games out.
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #418
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjolras View Post
Thanks for posting this. My wife and I were laughing, though even though that three was good, I think that play before where Galo was basically tackled and he hucked it up on prayer for two was more impressive. It was funny watching Farried pretend to lift giant testicles, though.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #419
Drunken.Broncoholic

Sucks for you nugs fans that gallinari went down. Would like to see them at full strength in the playoffs
Old 04-04-2013, 08:07 PM   #420
Man-Goblin
One Gap Penetrator

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Connor Barth

Man-Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #421
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch

That looked about as bad as it gets.
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #422
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Hastings just said initial reports are not good. Damnit, was hoping it would be a sprain. He tore something I bet.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #423
spiralism

Dallas seem to be waltzing away with this game because the players are flat since the injury. Meaning a side that's just about to go off the boil, with two starters out and back in 5th place going into the run in. Traditional first round exit is right on schedule

EDIT: Would be a huge win if Nuggets could actually pull it off mind. Gallo is a big loss, especially with Lawson already down. Great timing for a run of injuries

Last edited by spiralism; 04-04-2013 at 08:57 PM..
Old 04-04-2013, 09:22 PM   #424
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Unbelievable. This was like the Philly game, except we lost Gallo, probably for the year.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:23 PM   #425
Tim

The home streak goes on