The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion > NFL Draft Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 01:32 PM   #1626
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
St. Louis Rams OM draft:

1. DJ Fluker, RT, Alabama
2. Jamar Taylor, FS, Boise State
2. Robert Woods, Slot WR, USC
3. Dallas Thomas, LG, Tennessee
4. Travis Kelce, TE, Cincinnati
4. Sean Porter, WLB, Texas A&M
5. AJ Klein, ILB, Iowa State
6. Everett Dawkins, DT, Florida State
7. Rex Burkhead, RB, Nebraska

I have no doubt that this draft would be a huge improvement for that team. Especially now that they've brought in Jake Long.

Fluker is a little polarizing. Some think he's an OG, some think he can handle RT. His draft value could be anywhere from Mid 1st to Early 2nd. I think he probably goes in the top of the 2nd to a team like Jacksonville, or at least that's how it fell in my mock, but I had the OGs falling a little bit.

Taylor is a fine 2nd Round selection, Woods is probably a steal at that point. I feel like these are your two strongest selections.

The rest of the draft is actually good value across the board. I don't see too many steals, but I don't see any reaches either. Dawkins and Burkhead don't overly excite me, there were some better options available, but the value was fine.

You added a lot of talent to your team, nicely done!
Mat'hir Uth Gan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #1627
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mat'hir Uth Gan View Post
Fluker is a little polarizing. Some think he's an OG, some think he can handle RT. His draft value could be anywhere from Mid 1st to Early 2nd. I think he probably goes in the top of the 2nd to a team like Jacksonville, or at least that's how it fell in my mock, but I had the OGs falling a little bit.

Taylor is a fine 2nd Round selection, Woods is probably a steal at that point. I feel like these are your two strongest selections.

The rest of the draft is actually good value across the board. I don't see too many steals, but I don't see any reaches either. Dawkins and Burkhead don't overly excite me, there were some better options available, but the value was fine.

You added a lot of talent to your team, nicely done!
I would have probably taken somebody else in the first round if the Rams had picked up Jake Long before I picked, but I like Fluker at RT. And who knows? Saffold isn't returning the Rams' phone calls so it looks like he's not too happy about moving over to the right side. They might still need a RT.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:17 PM   #1628
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

SO,

I am at my local custom shop today in sunny Reseda California... home to the karate kid, Getting my entire interior done and bad ass beats, WHEN who come driving up in his custom Chrysler 300, Denver's own Omar Bolden. After he got done doing his thing, He walked over to my ride and commented on how much he liked the grey ostrich interior we did along with the new black carpet.

Anyways after the car talk, We had a good 10 minute football conversation. Topics included Rahiem Moore, Champ Bailey, Upcoming draft, party scene in Denver and locally and no doubt the Elvis situation was covered. He and the team are a bit discouraged about losing him... Said as a DB, it will make his job harder without the pressure he gives the QB, But thinks they will still do something with either Freeney or Abraham or someone through the draft that can put pressure on the QB on passing downs. He likes Ayers playing end, but thinks a Dumervil type of player is needed to get after the QB.

Pretty cool seeing a Bronco in town again, Last one I ran into locally was Ryan Clady at my local gym when he was training for the combine.
OBF1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #1629
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBF1 View Post
SO,

I am at my local custom shop today in sunny Reseda California... home to the karate kid, Getting my entire interior done and bad ass beats, WHEN who come driving up in his custom Chrysler 300, Denver's own Omar Bolden. After he got done doing his thing, He walked over to my ride and commented on how much he liked the grey ostrich interior we did along with the new black carpet.

Anyways after the car talk, We had a good 10 minute football conversation. Topics included Rahiem Moore, Champ Bailey, Upcoming draft, party scene in Denver and locally and no doubt the Elvis situation was covered. He and the team are a bit discouraged about losing him... Said as a DB, it will make his job harder without the pressure he gives the QB, But thinks they will still do something with either Freeney or Abraham or someone through the draft that can put pressure on the QB on passing downs. He likes Ayers playing end, but thinks a Dumervil type of player is needed to get after the QB.

Pretty cool seeing a Bronco in town again, Last one I ran into locally was Ryan Clady at my local gym when he was training for the combine.
And this relates to the Raiders draft how?

Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:30 PM   #1630
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

It is an easy transition Conk... Oakland concedes total and utter superiority to the Denver Broncos.

Next question?
Old 04-04-2013, 06:10 AM   #1631
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Thoughts on recent selections:

Stansly Maponga, TCU. Not a guy overly high on my list. Still probably needs foot surgery, teams think the bone in his foot is soft and will re-break. Played well as a Sophomore, had the injury, regressed a bit, and got thoroughly out played by Freshman Devonte Fields. Decent athlete, struggles in space, a project at OLB in a 34. If he's going to get drafted, this is the right range. Probably won't play much Year 1, but there is some potential here down the road.

Rex Burkhead, Nebraska. I don't really see a draftable RB here. He's a JAG. Slow, average size, ok hands, not overly tough. Just a guy. Might not even be able to help much on special teams which is required of a 3rd string RB.

Miguel Maysonnet, Stony Brook. Good selection. He's gotten a fair bit of hype lately and has made a lot of visits. Very good 4.5ish speed. Rushed for almost 2000 yards this year. Offers some Kick Return ability. Caught 3 passes this year, so hands probably aren't the best. Ok blocker. He's not going to be confused for a 3rd down back, and neither is Stacy. He's worth a flier at this point though.

Kayvon Webster, South Florida. I also like this selection. I think there are better CBs still remaining, but this is the right draft value area for Webster, he might even go a little higher. Some CBs have just slipped in this draft for whatever reason, but that doesn't take away the fact he's a solid selection here. Great speed, good length, ok production, solid toughness. Should be a good special teams player if nothing else.

Mike Catapano, Princeton. I doubt he gets drafted. He's an interesting 43 DE flier. Has some skills to work with as a former Fullback and star Lacrosse player. I can't really imagine him playing in a 34 defense. I know the Eagles took a peek at him at OLB, I highly doubt they liked what they saw. Princeton and Harvard are tied for the top school in our entire country. This guy is the smartest of the smart. I can't imagine he'll want a long term career in the NFL. It's the same with the TE from Harvard. There's a reason Ivy League players never get drafted. They always have some studs, it's just these guys are too smart to waste their greatest resource, their brain, on an NFL career. Especially with all the current information.

Mark Harrison, Rutgers. I like this selection too as a 7th round flier. Not the best WR remaining, might have the highest ceiling. I'm not sure he sticks at WR though, he might follow the career arc of Jared Cook, or to a lesser extent, a Jacob Tamme and become a move TE. Regardless, the Steelers need help at both positions, so there should be a spot for him to develop, and he should be pretty good on special teams while he does.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:03 AM   #1632
JCMElway
Moderate-erator

Dominate!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Oleg

San Diego Chargers draft:

1. Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma, First round
2. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama, Second Round
3. Dwayne Gratz, CB, UConn, 4th Round
4. Garrett Gilkey, OG, Chadron State, 5th Round
5. Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois, 5th Round
6. Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas 5th Round
7. Brandon Magee, CB, Miami, 6th Round
8. Robert Lester, S, Alabama, 6th Round
9. Sean Renfree, QB, Duke, 6th Round
10. Steve Beauharnais, ILB, Rutgers, 7th Round
11. Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State, 7th Round

Overall, I am very pleased with this draft. A lot of my targets kept getting snagged, but I guess that's a good thing to know that at least I am on the same page as my fellow Maners as to talent evaluation. Johnson and Lacy will come in and see significant playing time right away. Gratz will probably crack the starting lineup, and Magee should see some time in the slot. Crazily enough, a 6th round pick, Lester, may also be able to walk right in to the starting lineup, while Buchanan and Beauharnais will see time in certain packages. And with the Bolts' weak ass receiving corp, Hamilton will be challenging for playing time as well.

Renfree was necessary as the Chargers may need a backup plan if Rivers implodes again. And it never sucks to draft the best player at his position, Hopkins, in round 7.

Sadly, the Chargers roster has so many holes, I was not able to fill all of them! On to the UDFA round....

Last edited by JCMElway; 04-04-2013 at 07:06 AM..
JCMElway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:36 AM   #1633
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCMElway View Post
San Diego Chargers draft:

1. Lane Johnson, OT, Oklahoma, First round
2. Eddie Lacy, RB, Alabama, Second Round
3. Dwayne Gratz, CB, UConn, 4th Round
4. Garrett Gilkey, OG, Chadron State, 5th Round
5. Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois, 5th Round
6. Cobi Hamilton, WR, Arkansas 5th Round
7. Brandon Magee, CB, Miami, 6th Round
8. Robert Lester, S, Alabama, 6th Round
9. Sean Renfree, QB, Duke, 6th Round
10. Steve Beauharnais, ILB, Rutgers, 7th Round
11. Dustin Hopkins, K, Florida State, 7th Round

Overall, I am very pleased with this draft. A lot of my targets kept getting snagged, but I guess that's a good thing to know that at least I am on the same page as my fellow Maners as to talent evaluation. Johnson and Lacy will come in and see significant playing time right away. Gratz will probably crack the starting lineup, and Magee should see some time in the slot. Crazily enough, a 6th round pick, Lester, may also be able to walk right in to the starting lineup, while Buchanan and Beauharnais will see time in certain packages. And with the Bolts' weak ass receiving corp, Hamilton will be challenging for playing time as well.

Renfree was necessary as the Chargers may need a backup plan if Rivers implodes again. And it never sucks to draft the best player at his position, Hopkins, in round 7.

Sadly, the Chargers roster has so many holes, I was not able to fill all of them! On to the UDFA round....

This is a superb draft for me. You won't be able to get Johnson where you did on draft day, so that was a steal. Lacy won't fall that far, I like him as one of the better RB prospects in recent years. I have no idea why people with eyeballs feel he was only successful because of 'Bama's O-line. He was a steal. Gratz was solid in the 4th. Gilbert Gottfried went too early, though he could turn out to be a decent prospect. Love Buchanon's value in the 5th round, I think he can play. Hamilton was solid. Magee was solid value. Lester was probably a steal in the 6th, he's good enough to go as early as the 4th. I like Renfree and Beauharnais were both good values. Hopkins was a steal that late.

Just a really strong and well orchestrated draft.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #1634
ColoradoBuff
Ring of Famer

In Manning We Trust......

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brian Dawkins

Jacksonville Jaguars Draft:

1-02 (02): Jacksonville (ColoradoBuff)- Dee Milner, CB, Alabama
2-01 (33): Jacksonville (Sirhcyennek)- Cornellius Carradine, DE, FSU
3-02 (64): Jacksonville (ColoradoBuff)- Quinton Patton, WR, Louisana Tech
4-01 (98): Jacksonville (ColoradoBuff)- Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
5-02 (135): Jacksonville (ColoradoBuff)- JJ Wilcox, FS, Georgia Southern
6-01 (169): Jacksonville (ColoradoBuff)- Tharold Simon, CB, LSU
7-02 (208): Jacksonville (ColoradoBuff)- Bruce Taylor, ILB, Virginia Tech
ColoradoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:20 AM   #1635
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
This is a superb draft for me. You won't be able to get Johnson where you did on draft day, so that was a steal. Lacy won't fall that far, I like him as one of the better RB prospects in recent years. .
Yup Lacy was drafted by me with KC's 2nd round pick. I should of got that pick for the mock draft as there was plenty of time so as far as I'm concerned he is in SF adding to Gore in the backfield.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:37 AM   #1636
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoBuff View Post
Jacksonville Jaguars Draft:

1-02 (02): Jacksonville (ColoradoBuff)- Dee Milner, CB, Alabama
2-01 (33): Jacksonville (Sirhcyennek)- Cornellius Carradine, DE, FSU
3-02 (64): Jacksonville (ColoradoBuff)- Quinton Patton, WR, Louisana Tech
4-01 (98): Jacksonville (ColoradoBuff)- Marcus Lattimore, RB, South Carolina
5-02 (135): Jacksonville (ColoradoBuff)- JJ Wilcox, FS, Georgia Southern
6-01 (169): Jacksonville (ColoradoBuff)- Tharold Simon, CB, LSU
7-02 (208): Jacksonville (ColoradoBuff)- Bruce Taylor, ILB, Virginia Tech

Milliner was a reach at #2, but lord knows he's a fit for the scheme and Jax needs a CB. I like Carradine's draft value at the top of Round 2, just wonder where he fits in Bradley's scheme.

Patton is a little polarizing, some evaluators like him in the late 2nd-early 3rd, some think he's just ok and could go even later. I tend to fluctuate between the 3rd and 4th rounds with him in my mocks, so for me, the value at the top of the 3rd is a little meh. Lattimore in the 4th is looking really good right now, and is a great fit for the Jags with MJD entering his final season.

I'm not big on Wilcox, he's only played Safety for one year. I liked other options better, but he could pay off a few years down the road. He's really raw and a developmental guy though. Not sure the Jags are in position to slowly bring a prospect along at a position they need immediate help.

Absolutely LOVE Simon, I think the sky is the limit for him and he's one of the steals of this draft. Some draft guru said the other day they think his stock is slipping and he might fall to the 4th round, I disagree with that, but even so, his stock is SLIPPING into the 4th, and you get him in the 6th. Boom!

Like the draft value on Bruce Taylor. Don't like the schematic fit. He's too slow for a Bradley LB. He'll have to back up Poz at MIKE, but he's not going to be a great special teams option with that speed. Backup LBs generally need to be good on STs.

Overall, the best pick for me was Tharold Simon. The worst pick was Wilcox as I think it was too early and he's massively unproven and raw. I also think you got some good players at various points that might not fit the scheme Bradley will run. He just released Mosley because he didn't fit the scheme, and he was really good for the Jags last year. So, Bradley is going to find guys that fit his scheme. Not sure Carradine or Taylor do.

Anyway, I think it's a solid draft with some great steals in Lattimore and Simon. Some questionable schematic fits, and a couple reaches (Patton, Wilcox).
Old 04-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #1637
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Except the draft had already started when the Smith trade was made. . . so no. You can be happy with getting Margus BustHunt in #1.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 08:58 AM   #1638
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

1-23 (23): Atlanta (ludo21)- Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
2-30 (60): Atlanta (ludo21)- Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
3-30 (92): Atlanta (ludo21)- Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
5-30 (163): Atlanta (ludo21)- Keith Pough, LB, Howard
6-30 (198): Atlanta (ludo21)- Cory Grissom, DT, South Florida

Not sure i did right by trading my 4ths to move up for Eifert... but I really think he is the best TE in the class and at the time Gonzo future in the air, and even with Gonzo it helps the offense tremendously.

I did not get a WR I wanted, or OL... but filled 3 big "need" areas with RB (best RB in the draft imo), TE, and DE (maybe a bust, maybe abraham can teach him well...)

and i got 4 7ths left, time to play with these and get some camp fodder!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #1639
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
1-23 (23): Atlanta (ludo21)- Tyler Eifert, TE, Notre Dame
2-30 (60): Atlanta (ludo21)- Sam Montgomery, DE, LSU
3-30 (92): Atlanta (ludo21)- Jonathan Franklin, RB, UCLA
5-30 (163): Atlanta (ludo21)- Keith Pough, LB, Howard
6-30 (198): Atlanta (ludo21)- Cory Grissom, DT, South Florida

Not sure i did right by trading my 4ths to move up for Eifert... but I really think he is the best TE in the class and at the time Gonzo future in the air, and even with Gonzo it helps the offense tremendously.

I did not get a WR I wanted, or OL... but filled 3 big "need" areas with RB (best RB in the draft imo), TE, and DE (maybe a bust, maybe abraham can teach him well...)

and i got 4 7ths left, time to play with these and get some camp fodder!

Not liking this one overly much so far Ludo, hit some home runs in the 7th!
Old 04-04-2013, 10:48 AM   #1640
OBF1
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

The Eric Line pick reminds me of that Eddie Mac guy
Old 04-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #1641
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Back to the D.J. Hayden discussion for a moment....Kiper's latest Mock has us taking him in the 1st round. McShay's most recent two round mock draft has him going to Miami at pick # 42. And SI's Don Banks has him going in the 1st to New England at #29. Looks like the medical issue is no longer much of a concern.

Last edited by BroncoInferno; 04-04-2013 at 11:36 AM..
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:42 AM   #1642
Conklin
Ring of Famer

Nice pick Arkie, was hoping he'd make it through the draft so I could pick him up!
Conklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:50 AM   #1643
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Back to the D.J. Hayden discussion for a moment....Kiper's latest Mock has us taking him in the 1st round. McShay's most recent two round mock draft has him going to Miami at pick # 42. And SI's Don Banks has him going in the 1st to New England at #29. Looks like the medical issue is no longer much of a concern.

I don't believe they know what's going on with his medical. With Star Lotulelei, we got this big press release that he was cleared. With Jarvis Jones, we got this big press release that he was cleared.

With DJ Hayden, all I've seen is the opinion from doctors that they have no idea how he'll do playing a vicious, physical game. This is a new injury. It's never been seen before in a football player because people usually die when they get his injury. We're in uncharted territory, etc...

I'll be more than happy to re-evaluate my opinion of Hayden when I see a single doctor that works on him give him the green light to play NFL football. He's been cleared to run around and stress his heart. He has not been cleared to partake in physical contact. When he gets a RBs helmet to his sternum or he lands on his chest diving for a ball, and gets back up perfectly fine time and time again, that's when we'll know a person can suffer from his injury and play professional football. Not before.

But if a doctor wants to sign off on him and guesstimate that he'll be fine, maybe based on Armed Forces knowledge like Mediator talks about, than I'll feel better about even considering drafting him.

Walter Stewart is a pretty good player too, and he's running around working out. He actually did find a doctor that thinks he can play, but he has like 10 that have told him no. I doubt he gets drafted as well.

Last edited by Mat'hir Uth Gan; 04-04-2013 at 11:52 AM..
Old 04-04-2013, 12:10 PM   #1644
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Ludo, I think you might have gotten overzealous, isn't it Seattle's turn to select? And then Green Bay, which is the pick you've traded for?
Old 04-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #1645
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

forget that was done

im a dumbass
Old 04-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #1646
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Was really hoping Socalorado grabbed Rodney Smith, I would have laughed for a week. At least.

Anyway, thoughts on recent picks:

Mychal Rivera, Tennessee. Very nice value here in the late 7th. Quality all around TE that should go a round or two earlier. Also fills a solid need for the 49ers.

Eric Martin, Nebraska. I like him, obviously. It's been tough not to talk about him while I waited to see if he'd fall to my selection the last few rounds. I hope Denver drafts him. If Miller were to ever get injured, we'd have to change our entire scheme. Martin would be able to fill in quite capably and we wouldn't have to change a thing. It would be fun to see him and Miller on the field at the same time, like Clemons and Irvin in Seattle on passing downs.
He's not as good of a fit for the Bengals, but they can blitz him from SAM on passing downs, and he can always line up wide at DE. He's quick as hell, so he'll destroy RTs.

Bradley McDougald, Kansas. Productive at Kansas, but really lacks the athleticism you want at Safety. There were far better options available.

Zach Line, SMU. Reminds me of Peyton Hillis. He can catch, he runs hard, he's tough as hell. I think this is a great upside selection. He's either a west coast FB, or he's a situational RB in the NFL. Kind of a strange fit with Philly, especially since they paid big dollars to James Casey to be a hybrid type guy, but in terms of draft value, I like it. I think he goes in the 6th round. I hope Shanahan takes him, he'll know what to do with him in Washington.

Jeff Tuel, Washington State. There's a few QBs that are somewhat intriguing at the ass end of this draft. He's on that list. I would not draft any of them, but if you're concerned about signing them in UDFA, it certainly makes sense.

Rodney Smith, FSU. Ludo drafted him twice, which was epic. I like him here. Lots of upside, has all the physical tools you could want. Just never happened for him at FSU, he was stuck in a rut of mediocrity. Good developmental guy, a picture perfect 7th round pick.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #1647
jebures
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Was really hoping Socalorado grabbed Rodney Smith, I would have laughed for a week. At least.

Anyway, thoughts on recent picks:

Mychal Rivera, Tennessee. Very nice value here in the late 7th. Quality all around TE that should go a round or two earlier. Also fills a solid need for the 49ers.

Eric Martin, Nebraska. I like him, obviously. It's been tough not to talk about him while I waited to see if he'd fall to my selection the last few rounds. I hope Denver drafts him. If Miller were to ever get injured, we'd have to change our entire scheme. Martin would be able to fill in quite capably and we wouldn't have to change a thing. It would be fun to see him and Miller on the field at the same time, like Clemons and Irvin in Seattle on passing downs.
He's not as good of a fit for the Bengals, but they can blitz him from SAM on passing downs, and he can always line up wide at DE. He's quick as hell, so he'll destroy RTs.

Bradley McDougald, Kansas. Productive at Kansas, but really lacks the athleticism you want at Safety. There were far better options available.

Zach Line, SMU. Reminds me of Peyton Hillis. He can catch, he runs hard, he's tough as hell. I think this is a great upside selection. He's either a west coast FB, or he's a situational RB in the NFL. Kind of a strange fit with Philly, especially since they paid big dollars to James Casey to be a hybrid type guy, but in terms of draft value, I like it. I think he goes in the 6th round. I hope Shanahan takes him, he'll know what to do with him in Washington.

Jeff Tuel, Washington State. There's a few QBs that are somewhat intriguing at the ass end of this draft. He's on that list. I would not draft any of them, but if you're concerned about signing them in UDFA, it certainly makes sense.

Rodney Smith, FSU. Ludo drafted him twice, which was epic. I like him here. Lots of upside, has all the physical tools you could want. Just never happened for him at FSU, he was stuck in a rut of mediocrity. Good developmental guy, a picture perfect 7th round pick.
Lacks athleticism? Explain sir?
jebures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #1648
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

if socal would have taken him that wold have been epic mug!

I didnt even realize that socal was up before srphoenix or i would have offered him the trade the same i did jebures and the guy after him....
Old 04-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #1649
Mat'hir Uth Gan
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebures View Post
Lacks athleticism? Explain sir?
I have him down as a 4.74 in the 40, which was one of the worst out of the Safeties. I have him with a 34.5 vertical, which is also one of the worst. I have him with a 1.68 10 yard split, which was the worst of the guys I still have available. His functional strength and his arm length is fine.

He was a WR a few years ago, but wasn't dynamic enough to stick at that position for the same reasons.

His production as a safety the last two years was solid, but he seldom made plays on the ball. He's on my 7th Round list, but he's behind several other Safeties still outstanding that are more athletic and more productive.

What is it that you really like about McDougald compared to the other prospects at that position remaining?
Old 04-04-2013, 04:06 PM   #1650
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

You guys are gonna **** your pants when Houston drafts an awesome player here. Confirming with 24champ right now.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: