The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #526
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Rahim was in the wrong coverage. Simple as that. They should have been playing 3-deep but were playing cover two. The TD was JDRs fault, but I still want JDR on the team.... and I still want Rahim Moore on the team. He's a solid safety.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #527
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
I just rewatched the play about 20 more times.

1. Rahim backpedaled furiously at the snap the prior two plays. He wasn't looking in the backfield at all, and had deep covered.
2. He also backpedaled prior to the hail mary snap (but hesitated a little). I couldn't see that when I was watching a GIF of the play 3 months ago. He did not take any steps forward at all.
3. Rahim was right there to make the play, but made the cardinal sin of lifting his arm closest to the WR to bat down the ball (instead of his arm closest to the QB).
4. Lifting his left arm (instead of his right), caused his body to get turned around and lose momentum. He was forced to back-pedal, and came up 6 inches short.
5. The only problem I see, is that he played the wrong arm in his technique. Easily fixable.
He was running backwards plain and simple. He didnt judge Flaccos rainbow hucks. It looks like he assumed the ball was dying in the air. Left his feet and it was game over.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-04-2013 at 02:20 PM..
Old 04-04-2013, 02:17 PM   #528
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I just rewatched the play about 20 more times.

1. Rahim backpedaled furiously at the snap the prior two plays. He wasn't looking in the backfield at all, and had deep covered.
2. He also backpedaled prior to the hail mary snap (but hesitated a little). I couldn't see that when I was watching a GIF of the play 3 months ago. He did not take any steps forward at all.
3. Rahim was right there to make the play, but made the cardinal sin of lifting his arm closest to the WR to bat down the ball (instead of his arm closest to the QB).
4. Lifting his left arm (instead of his right), caused his body to get turned around and lose momentum. He was forced to back-pedal, and came up 6 inches short.
5. The only problem I see, is that he played the wrong arm in his technique. Easily fixable.
This isn't difficult. He leveled off. He shouldnt have. I dont think ANYONE is pointing to this as some fatal flaw. He just ****ed up.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:37 PM   #529
MagicHef
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I put both those butt****ers on ignore.
Sad.

No insults (well, maybe towards Ayers, but not towards DB4L), no trolling, no spamming, just showing that Ayers is not good.

I guess some people can't handle opposing opinions.
MagicHef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:27 PM   #530
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I never said it was all Carter's fault. Rahim screwed up, which was obvious to everyone. A lot of people were calling for Rahim's head (including you), so I posted that Carter messed up worse than Rahim, because he (Carter) didn't even try.

I watched Carter the 2nd half of the season, and I feared that the Broncos would lose because of his lack of effort. I made a thread about it even, because I was worried. I was right to be worried, and I believe I was right that it was mostly Carter's fault. You can say what you want.

I still think if Porter was playing, the Broncos would have won.
I agreed with you that Carter was not as good as many made him out to be. But it's Moore's fault on the TD, even if Carter quit on the play.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:30 PM   #531
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I agreed with you that Carter was not as good as many made him out to be. But it's Moore's fault on the TD, even if Carter quit on the play.
Carter was terrific. His performance last season was a primary reason for our defensesasuccess
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #532
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
He was running backwards plain and simple. He didnt judge Flaccos rainbow hucks. It looks like he assumed the ball was dying in the air. Left his feet and it was game over.
Yeah, pretty much. Rahim was used to Manning's floater-bombs in practice. Thought he had it.

Carter would be good if he could keep his head in the game at all times. He has all the physical tools. It's the mental lapses that are a killer.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #533
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Carter was terrific. His performance last season was a primary reason for our defensesasuccess
Sorry Rev, I disagree. Carter is not focused or mentally strong at this point. His two picks were on bad thrown balls.. He's best as a depth option. He doesn't have a strong game awareness.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:54 PM   #534
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much. Rahim was used to Manning's floater-bombs in practice. Thought he had it.

Carter would be good if he could keep his head in the game at all times. He has all the physical tools. It's the mental lapses that are a killer.

"Rahim was used to Manning's floater-bombs in practice" has to be the all-time lamest excuse i've ever heard.

Seriously, ever.
Old 04-04-2013, 03:56 PM   #535
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

Shyts getting deep up in here
oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:12 PM   #536
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Carter was just as fault as Moore. Carter was supposed to bump him at the LOS and he didn't.
where did you read/hear this?
Old 04-04-2013, 04:16 PM   #537
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Sorry Rev, I disagree. Carter is not focused or mentally strong at this point. His two picks were on bad thrown balls.. He's best as a depth option. He doesn't have a strong game awareness.
Are you talking about Tony Carter or Quinton?

Tony excelled at Man coverage all year long. Even when he gave up a couple inches to bigger WR's. He is not as good in zone but he ran with dudes and had solid fundamental's all year long. He was a pleasant surprise on D last year.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #538
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

DEATHSICLE OK stevnE/
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:06 PM   #539
underrated29
10-6 baby.

Cutler doesnt suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The coaches grew tired of carter a bit near the end of the season. He started out like a sexy man but as we rounded out the year they felt he was t quite worth the name sticky man. He will still be with us but he and bolden are bringing up the rear. Bolden, despite not playing nearly as well as tc did, IMO, has the edge up on a roster spot over tc simply because we drafted him.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #540
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

Tony excelled at Man coverage all year long. Even when he gave up a couple inches to bigger WR's. He is not as good in zone but he ran with dudes and had solid fundamental's all year long. He was a pleasant surprise on D last year.
Please.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 06:54 PM   #541
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Yeah, pretty much if you want a stud. That's how it goes. EVERY TEAM wants a 3-down RDE that can get double-digit sacks year after year.

The high-salary RDE's have been devalued lately because of the rookie payscale. But, EVERY TEAM still wants that 3-down RDE that can get double-digit sacks, lots of pressures, FF's year after year.

So I agree with Price, Drunken, heyneck, etc whoever says now they lost Elvis, they have to find one somewhere. Where is that RDE gonna come from? Round One of the draft . . . .

You or whomever can say they just need a situational pass-rushing RDE, and maybe that's true, but I doubt the brass is thinking that way. They want the stud at RDE same as every team in the League, they just didn't want to put too much of the cap into it. They rolled the dice, lost the roll, now they have to roll again.
This just isn't always true. You don't just find three down DE's in the first round only. Doom was a fourth round pick.. In fact I think there are 5 rounds of pass rushers where such a player could develop into that role. While a three down DE is more likely to start day one if he's drafted first round. It surely doesn't mean a player couldn't start as a situational pass rusher and develop and grow into a three down role. Which is what we need, we need all of our drafted players to make an impact while growing into a long term role.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:55 PM   #542
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post

Overrated Tony Carter..
Old 04-04-2013, 07:33 PM   #543
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
No need to be sorry. You're wrong but nothing to apologize for
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #544
pricejj
jungle

1. The Broncos deactivated Tony Carter after the first Ravens game, and reactivated Porter (after the dude was out to pasture and not even allowed to attend practice). I called out Carter after the first Ravens game for his poor play. The Broncos evidently saw the same thing.

2. Don't think for an instant that they were at all pleased with Carter after giving up 2 major plays (again) against the Ravens in the playoffs, basically costing them a chance at the Superbowl. 3rd down PI that eventually led to a TD, and game-tying TD.

3. The signing of DRC, even after Chris Harris had a remarkable season (mostly at RCB, not Nickel CB).

4. Reports surfacing that the Broncos were trying to sign Antoine Winfield, a few days ago.

5. Repeatedly praising Rahim Moore for his progress in 2012, and saying he just mad a bad play on the ball (which I agree with).

6. Even Jeff Legwold, the Broncos beat writer, basically echoed my sentiments in a column a few days ago.

Like I said, there is a major difference between giving your all and missing a ball by 6 inches (Moore)...and completely going out to lunch without trying (Carter). All evidence points to the Broncos seeing it exactly like I do. Frankly, I'm sick of discussing it.

Last edited by pricejj; 04-04-2013 at 09:42 PM..
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:55 PM   #545
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
1. The Broncos deactivated Tony Carter after the first Ravens game, and reactivated Porter (after the dude was out to pasture and not even allowed to attend practice). I called out Carter after the first Ravens game for his poor play. The Broncos evidently saw the same thing.

2. Don't think for an instant that they were at all pleased with Carter after giving up 2 major plays (again) against the Ravens in the playoffs, basically costing them a chance at the Superbowl. 3rd down PI that eventually led to a TD, and game-tying TD.

3. The signing of DRC, even after Chris Harris had a remarkable season (mostly at RCB, not Nickel CB).

4. Reports surfacing that the Broncos were trying to sign Antoine Winfield, a few days ago.

5. Repeatedly praising Rahim Moore for his progress in 2012, and saying he just mad a bad play on the ball (which I agree with).

6. Even Jeff Legwold, the Broncos beat writer, basically echoed my sentiments in a column a few days ago.

Like I said, there is a major difference between giving your all and missing a ball by 6 inches (Moore)...and completely going out to lunch without trying (Carter). All evidence points to the Broncos seeing it exactly like I do. Frankly, I'm sick of discussing it.
So Tony Carter played the worst of all the Broncos corners against the Ravens?

What world do you live in?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:01 PM   #546
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

if Carter plays the WR correctly Moore doesn't have to embarrass himself on the whatever the **** that was.

it was both their faults, but if Rahim knocks it down it's a moot point.
but once again, why the **** did Carter let a damn WR get 7 yards past him on a potential bomb throw?
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:50 PM   #547
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
if Carter plays the WR correctly Moore doesn't have to embarrass himself on the whatever the **** that was.

it was both their faults, but if Rahim knocks it down it's a moot point.
but once again, why the **** did Carter let a damn WR get 7 yards past him on a potential bomb throw?
7 yards? Watch the play again. Jones torched him and was 10+ yards past him at one point. I honestly think Carter expected a shorter route with 3rd and 3. Carter got beat, it happens. That's why you have a safety back there. And Moore played it horribly wrong. Both guys F'd up. I'm not sure Carter could stay with Jones straight up on a fly so Moore has to know that and be the deep help. I think they had the right defensive call. I don't put this on JDR at all. That should have been a very simple play for Moore to make.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:53 PM   #548
Bacchus

I read somewhere after a fast start Carter really had problems towards the end of the year. There was speculation that he just wore down and he is not a very big guy. Don't be surprised if Denver takes a CB in the first or second round.

Last edited by Bacchus; 04-05-2013 at 07:14 AM..
Old 04-05-2013, 12:59 AM   #549
hambone13
Ring of Famer

Salty Lurking Vet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
No need to be sorry. You're wrong but nothing to apologize for
He's too busy pontificating on the rest of his weak theories.
hambone13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 05:40 AM   #550
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by hambone13 View Post
He's too busy pontificating on the rest of his weak theories.
Are you serious. Classy..