The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2013, 11:51 AM   #501
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

FWIW, Kiper has broncos taking DJ Hayden in the first. Obviously, its just a mock, but i do think he gets insight into what teams are thinking. He had denver taking Derek Wolfe in the first last year when no one did. Something to keep an eye on
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:52 AM   #502
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Any safety playing a deep third should have deep third responsibility. If Moore took a couple steps forward, thats more than likely on him. And he definitely wasn't playing the RUN like you had suggested.

You really think it was in the plan to have Tony Carter cover Jones one-on-one down the sideline?

Watch the tape. And get ****ed.

Don't get mad little girl.

I don't know why Rahim took two steps forward at the snap. You can speculate all day as to why. What I do know is that he made a play on the ball and missed. I can forgive him for that. Carter was not involved at any point of the play, which is inexcusable. That's all I've ever said.

Keep trying to pin me to some bull**** and keep making yourself look stupid.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #503
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post

I don't know why Rahim took two steps forward at the snap. You can speculate all day as to why. What I do know is that he made a play on the ball and missed. I can forgive him for that. Carter was not involved at any point of the play, which is inexcusable. That's all I've ever said.

Attached Images

Old 04-04-2013, 12:02 PM   #504
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

So again, according to you, Rahim had his "eyes on the run game."
Old 04-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #505
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:

And "little girl."

You are the king of the witty insult
Old 04-04-2013, 12:08 PM   #506
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
FWIW, Kiper has broncos taking DJ Hayden in the first. Obviously, its just a mock, but i do think he gets insight into what teams are thinking. He had denver taking Derek Wolfe in the first last year when no one did. Something to keep an eye on
Kiper said J Russel was the next John Elway....
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:09 PM   #507
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Kiper said J Russel was the next John Elway....
i didnt say he necessarily knows how to evaulate talent, i just think he's got an ear into what teams are thinking
Old 04-04-2013, 12:20 PM   #508
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
So again, according to you, Rahim had his "eyes on the run game."
He had his eyes on something didn't he? I have no idea if it was something in the backfield, or a pass underneath. I don't know if he was coached to 'watch underneath' or not. All I know is Ron Milus was fired, Rahim Moore will probably be starting FS in 2013, and Tony Carter is now 4th CB on the depth chart.

I'm not mad at Rahim for making a bad play on the ball, and neither are the Broncos.

I am mad at Tony Carter for not giving any effort on the play. He makes plays sometimes, then is out in the ozone layer sometimes. That's why he's slated to play special teams this year (just like last year before Porter went out).
Old 04-04-2013, 12:26 PM   #509
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Juwan Thompson

Quote:
I think the Broncos need a complete player at RDE.

I would be happy if the Broncos picked Collins with their 1st pick (like Wolfe), if Carradine/Moore are gone. He could be gone by 58. It's no problem that he has 3-4 OLB skills, he's big and physical enough to play on the DL, and has shown good ability to rush the passer. He could develop into a special player. I'm sure he wouldn't start this year, but he would get a lot of PT behind Ayers leading into 2014.
Not to say that I wouldn't want complete RDE. But if that player should exist he'd be a top10 player for sure.

Is there a player that has pass rush ability and strength to just set the edge in this defense? Collins? Maybe. He did run 4.64 40 at the combine. But I can't find his stats from college.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #510
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
He had his eyes on something didn't he? I have no idea if it was something in the backfield, or a pass underneath. I don't know if he was coached to 'watch underneath' or not. All I know is Ron Milus was fired, Rahim Moore will probably be starting FS in 2013, and Tony Carter is now 4th CB on the depth chart.

I'm not mad at Rahim for making a bad play on the ball, and neither are the Broncos.

I am mad at Tony Carter for not giving any effort on the play. He makes plays sometimes, then is out in the ozone layer sometimes. That's why he's slated to play special teams this year (just like last year before Porter went out).
I'm not mad at him either. He made a mistake, so be it. The argument originated when you said it was ALL carter's responsibility. Thats ALL

Oh, and if he had his eyes on the run game, like you said. Then hes a ****ing idiot.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:30 PM   #511
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
With the addition of DRC, and 2 CBs ranked in the top 10 currently on the team, I would flip if they take a CB that isn't named Rhodes or trufant in the 1st. It's a need, but pass rush is now the biggest need.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #512
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
With the addition of DRC, and 2 CBs ranked in the top 10 currently on the team, I would flip if they take a CB that isn't named Rhodes or trufant in the 1st.
Its def not a "win now" kind of move because there's literally no space for a new corner to play. Who would sit? Doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but so be it
Old 04-04-2013, 12:40 PM   #513
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Its def not a "win now" kind of move because there's literally no space for a new corner to play. Who would sit? Doesn't make a ton of sense to me, but so be it
I love Harris and champ is champ. Maybe CB is a down the road pick cause champ isn't getting younger. But we had one of those last year pretty high with Brock. Hayden's stock is rising though. I'd just rather see a different position for 28th
Old 04-04-2013, 12:44 PM   #514
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Not to say that I wouldn't want complete RDE. But if that player should exist he'd be a top10 player for sure.

Is there a player that has pass rush ability and strength to just set the edge in this defense? Collins? Maybe. He did run 4.64 40 at the combine. But I can't find his stats from college.
Tank Carradine could. He was a badass in JC, and had a great 2012 before the ACL. Not sure how the ACL will hurt him, plus he's somewhat unknown after only starting one year in college.

Jamie Collins (2012) - 92 tackles, 20 TFL's, 10 sacks

Collins isn't as strong as Carradine though, and went to Southern Miss (CUSA), so I would only pick him on a trade town (like Wolfe).
Old 04-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #515
Bacchus

Quote:
They could replace him with Carradine or D. Moore in the 1st round. But it's a wasted draft pick. Been over that before.
I would love if Denver could get Carradine. Is he a first or second rounder now? I read he is climbing the draft.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #516
Bacchus

Quote:

Carter was just as fault as Moore. Carter was supposed to bump him at the LOS and he didn't. He was also supposed to cover him and Moore would provide the double. Instead Carter just released him.

They are mental breakdowns which happens what can you do?
Old 04-04-2013, 12:54 PM   #517
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
I'm not mad at him either. He made a mistake, so be it. The argument originated when you said it was ALL carter's responsibility. Thats ALL
Dude, that was like 3 months ago. Not sure why you're bringing it up in this thread. Yeah, Rahim screwed up, at least he tried.

Interesting that Kiper has DJ Hayden mocked to the Broncos. That would be a pretty sweet pick. I don't know anything about Hayden, but it sounds like he could be a #1 shutdown CB.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:58 PM   #518
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I would love if Denver could get Carradine. Is he a first or second rounder now? I read he is climbing the draft.
I saw him at #25 somewhere...which has me worried.
Old 04-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #519
Bmore Manning

Price he's bringing it up because let's face it pal, you wrong with just about everything!
Old 04-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #520
Cito Pelon
Been there, didn't get it

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
According to you, you have to trade up for a pass rusher. And the cupboard is empty after the first round, right price?
Yeah, pretty much if you want a stud. That's how it goes. EVERY TEAM wants a 3-down RDE that can get double-digit sacks year after year.

The high-salary RDE's have been devalued lately because of the rookie payscale. But, EVERY TEAM still wants that 3-down RDE that can get double-digit sacks, lots of pressures, FF's year after year.

So I agree with Price, Drunken, heyneck, etc whoever says now they lost Elvis, they have to find one somewhere. Where is that RDE gonna come from? Round One of the draft . . . .

You or whomever can say they just need a situational pass-rushing RDE, and maybe that's true, but I doubt the brass is thinking that way. They want the stud at RDE same as every team in the League, they just didn't want to put too much of the cap into it. They rolled the dice, lost the roll, now they have to roll again.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #521
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Price he's bringing it up because let's face it pal, you wrong with just about everything!
I never said it was all Carter's fault. Rahim screwed up, which was obvious to everyone. A lot of people were calling for Rahim's head (including you), so I posted that Carter messed up worse than Rahim, because he (Carter) didn't even try.

I watched Carter the 2nd half of the season, and I feared that the Broncos would lose because of his lack of effort. I made a thread about it even, because I was worried. I was right to be worried, and I believe I was right that it was mostly Carter's fault. You can say what you want.

I still think if Porter was playing, the Broncos would have won.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #522
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I never said it was all Carter's fault. Rahim screwed up, which was obvious to everyone. A lot of people were calling for his head, so I posted that Carter messed up worse than Rahim, because he (Carter) didn't even try.

I watched Carter the 2nd half of the season, and I feared that the Broncos would lose because of his lack of effort. I made a thread about it even, because I was worried. I was right to be worried, and I believe I was right that it was mostly Carter's fault. You can say what you want.

I still think if Porter was playing, the Broncos would have won.
Youre still wrong about this. Rahim's one job was not to let Jones get by him. Lets say Carter was supposed to bump him and screwed up, Rahim still had plenty of time to adjust...but he leveled off.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:38 PM   #523
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Youre still wrong about this. Rahim's one job was not to let Jones get by him. Lets say Carter was supposed to bump him and screwed up, Rahim still had plenty of time to adjust...but he leveled off.
Exactly right.
Old 04-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #524
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
I just rewatched the play about 20 more times.

1. Rahim backpedaled furiously at the snap the prior two plays. He wasn't looking in the backfield at all, and had deep covered.
2. He also backpedaled prior to the hail mary snap (but hesitated a little). I couldn't see that when I was watching a GIF of the play 3 months ago. He did not take any steps forward at all.
3. Rahim was right there to make the play, but made the cardinal sin of lifting his arm closest to the WR to bat down the ball (instead of his arm closest to the QB).
4. Lifting his left arm (instead of his right), caused his body to get turned around and lose momentum. He was forced to back-pedal, and came up 6 inches short.
5. The only problem I see, is that he played the wrong arm in his technique. Easily fixable.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #525
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Dude, that was like 3 months ago. Not sure why you're bringing it up in this thread. Yeah, Rahim screwed up, at least he tried.

Interesting that Kiper has DJ Hayden mocked to the Broncos. That would be a pretty sweet pick. I don't know anything about Hayden, but it sounds like he could be a #1 shutdown CB.
Lets just hope he doesn't catch a helmet to his chest.