The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 12:18 PM   #26
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/bracket?id=9032066

Bronco Rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #27
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Looks like it's going to end up being Joe Montana versus Peyton Manning.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:50 PM   #28
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I cant believe anyone would pick Manning over Elway. I was shocked he got past Brady.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:55 PM   #29
Play2win
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Duke

Who set up these BS Brackets, the final should obviously be Elway vs. Manning.
Play2win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #30
Bacchus

Caleb Haney baby!!!!!
Old 04-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #31
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play2win View Post
Who set up these BS Brackets, the final should obviously be Elway vs. Manning.
Montana is going to win this by 80% of the vote or so.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:58 PM   #32
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

13,000 votes 54-46 Manning.
Old 04-03-2013, 07:30 AM   #33
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It's pretty cool two of the top four played for the Broncos.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:37 AM   #34
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Rob View Post
13,000 votes 54-46 Manning.
Right now Elway has a 1092 vote gap to make up. Elway hasn't played in a decade and a half. Him being the GM of the Broncos probably helped him a bit, but a lot of people don't remember the lion's share of his career - at least people who vote in this meaningless poll. Just glad he got as far as he did.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:19 AM   #35
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Right now Elway has a 1092 vote gap to make up. Elway hasn't played in a decade and a half. Him being the GM of the Broncos probably helped him a bit, but a lot of people don't remember the lion's share of his career - at least people who vote in this meaningless poll. Just glad he got as far as he did.
Yep....some of the younger Broncos fans are probably giving some of what would be Elway votes to Manning, as they've never seen Elway play, or if so, it was the tail end of his career.

If Elway were going up against anyone but Manning, he'd probably be getting those votes.

I think both QBs (Elway and Manning) belong in the Top 4.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #36
Bronco Rob
Ring of Famer

The Alpha & The Omega

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Kush & Irsay

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/bracket?id=9032066

Old 04-05-2013, 10:34 PM   #37
ChrisToker

FAKE AND GAY!

Elway would have WON multiple Super Bowls on any of the teams that: Montana 49'ers (stacked team top to bottom offence and defense), Marino Dolphins (WR's you cant over throw with run n gun offence), Brady Patriots (admit it football has changed drastically in favor of QB's 1983 vs. 2000 add that with outstanding head coach).

But can you tell me that any of them could have taken an underdog Broncos team to FIVE Super Bowls? John mother****ing Elway is by far the greatest QB of all time. With his arm, legs and swagger her could do amazing things in today's NFL.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:52 AM   #38
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisToker View Post
FAKE AND GAY!

Elway would have WON multiple Super Bowls on any of the teams that: Montana 49'ers (stacked team top to bottom offence and defense), Marino Dolphins (WR's you cant over throw with run n gun offence), Brady Patriots (admit it football has changed drastically in favor of QB's 1983 vs. 2000 add that with outstanding head coach).

But can you tell me that any of them could have taken an underdog Broncos team to FIVE Super Bowls? John mother****ing Elway is by far the greatest QB of all time. With his arm, legs and swagger her could do amazing things in today's NFL.
I agree, Elway missed 15 games in his career due to injury. Montana missed over 2 years worth of games due to injury. How do you think Montana would have fared behind Denver's offensive line?

Put Montana in Denver and he doesn't win one Superbowl.

Put Elway in S.F. and they win 4 to 5 SBs under him

Last edited by Bacchus; 04-06-2013 at 01:18 AM..
Old 04-06-2013, 04:20 AM   #39
dsmoot
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
That's a pretty awesome list and honestly surprisingly accurate. I like that Unitas is getting some love. He was part of what began the change that would become the NFL becoming America's game - ecclipsing baseball and basketball. His numbers aren't good, but when you consider the streak that he had of TD's thrown in game a that took half a century to break - and he did it in an era that favored defense by a large margin, without an offensive guru as a coach AND that he called his own plays, he really deserves to mentioned as one of the greatest ever.
Time has a way of diminishing memories. I feel very fortunate to have seen a significant number of Unitas' games on live TV or in person. What you can't measure about the man from watching NFL highlights is the man's intelligence, his command and respect on the field, his guts, his coolness under pressure, his play calling and his ability to raise the level of his own team's play. All those things aren't measurables but they are truly what makes a very good QB into a champion. Physically, not imposing but the man may have been the most accurate deep ball thrower in the history of the game.

People talk about Peyton's drive to excel by his unparalleled work ethic. Unitas was Peyton before Peyton. The Unitas to Raymond Berry connection was not by considered one of the best duos by accident.

The most attractive thing about Unitas was that he was a quiet, reserved man that integrated himself into the community. Never aloof and generally appreciative of the affection the people of Baltimore gave him. This is why Unitas wanted his records taken off the Colts books when they moved to Indy and became a vocal supporter of the Ravens.

The man had a bit of a swagger, not out of arrogance but of confidence in himself. I remember Unitas being upset that Shula didn't go to him earlier in SB3 with a injured elbow and all. Shula always looks uncomfortable when asked about that even today. I watched him a number of times, being inserted into a game after not playing with an injury and rallying the Colts for a game winning score. You could see the whole team just pick it up when he came in even though he was really hurting. It was like watching him will the team to play better.

When I moved to Colorado and John Elway came along, I remember thinking during his career, the Bronco fans don't really understand what they have here and will miss him dearly when he finally retires. The Broncos went 13 years wishing and hoping before last year. Its just too bad the Peyton time in Denver will be so short then back to wishing and hoping.
dsmoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #40
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Marino in the top eight?

Nope.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 02:45 PM   #41
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I cant believe anyone would pick Manning over Elway. I was shocked he got past Brady.
Manning is really popular.