The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #1001
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
Little sid is gonna get lit up the moment he steps back on the ice. Especially if its in the palyoffs.
Who got suspended for hitting him with the puck in the mouth? I know it was one of his own guys, but i am sure the league suspended him for it. I mean its sidney crosby for crying out loud.
No doubt. I don't know how often you watch pens games, but everyone lets up near Crosby.

I think I've mentioned before there has to be some "recommendation" letter sent out by the league implying that no one had better touch the golden boy.

Of course, only the Flyers disobey because that's naturally what they do. They have a "**** you NHL, you need us more than we need you" attitude and I respect them for it lol.

The league isn't stupid, they know the flyers are a cash cow for the league.
RedskinBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:22 PM   #1002
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Kings made some low-key moves.

Acquired Robyn Regehr from Buffalo for 2 2nd round picks in 2014 and 2015.

Traded away Drewiske to Montreal for a 5th round pick in 2013.
I like both moves for both teams.

Regehr will do well in LA. In buffalo, they play a cluster**** system with no defense. That's why Miller gets pelted.

I have seen Drewiske play a few times. I like his game and I think Montreal did well in this trade. LA won't miss a beat as they are deep on D, but I think Drewiske has some good potential
Old 04-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #1003
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

wow, McPhee is a dumb ass. you trade a player you got as a gift because Sherman was too stupid to lotto protect the pick and then you flip him for Erat? so you traded Varlamov for Erat?

wow, just wow.

i did like that the Avs got some 2014 value out of O'Byrne. finally got rid of some dead weight and opens up a spot for both Barrie and Elliot to play full time at the NHL level.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:15 PM   #1004
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

I hate McPhee. I hate McPhee. I hate McPhee.

Forsberg was the most valuable item traded at the deadline by any team and Erat wasn't close to the best return.

God, they'll win the weak SE and we'll get another year of him at least.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:33 PM   #1005
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hercules Rockefeller View Post
I hate McPhee. I hate McPhee. I hate McPhee.

Forsberg was the most valuable item traded at the deadline by any team and Erat wasn't close to the best return.

God, they'll win the weak SE and we'll get another year of him at least.
That's such a bad trade, I had to double check when I read that.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:34 PM   #1006
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

I think they were going to win the SE regardless. Winnipeg has looked like crap in every semi-big game lately and Carolina doesn't look good either. Washington is already playing at a high level recently...they may get some help from this but I wouldn't have sacrificed Forsberg. They will get the 3 seed either way.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:38 PM   #1007
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

It reeks of desperation, but I think his job was safe anyway. The way they're playing now, they'll make the playoffs and Ted will be happy for the playoff revenue.

McPhee can't build a team to go to the next level, but Ted doesn't seem to care as long as they make the playoffs.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:44 PM   #1008
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
wow, McPhee is a dumb ass. you trade a player you got as a gift because Sherman was too stupid to lotto protect the pick and then you flip him for Erat? so you traded Varlamov for Erat?

wow, just wow.

i did like that the Avs got some 2014 value out of O'Byrne. finally got rid of some dead weight and opens up a spot for both Barrie and Elliot to play full time at the NHL level.
To bad we still have Hunwick, Zannon, O'Brien and of course Sacco. So glad we got rid of this clown though.
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #1009
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Penguins get blown out by the Rangers. 6-1.

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:43 PM   #1010
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Erat for Forsberg was pretty bad, although Erat is underrated.

Clowe went HAM tonight. I wanted him on the Flyers but I would have gave a 2nd and 3rd.

Really happy for CBJ as they get Gaborik. I hope they turn it around, their new GM is a draft genius.

Happy for Minny too, They get Pommer but overpaid. They only should have gave one of Larsson/1st. Pommer is severely underrated. If Flyers miss playoffs I'm rooting for them.

Must suck to be a Dallas fan, your in the playoff hunt and trade away Jagr, Morrow, and Roy. I do like the returns but when do you actually go for it?

I'd hate to be a Wings fan too. I hope Datsyuk leaves for Russia next year. They don't deserve him.

Don't know what to think about Bishop for Conacher trade.... That one shocked me. I think Conacher is a 55 pt player tops and I have no clue about Bishop. It seems like every goalie the Sens have does good which is the opposite of any Philly goalie.

Oh ya the Flyers get Chris Mason errr Steve... Whatever woohoo..
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #1011
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It reeks of desperation, but I think his job was safe anyway. The way they're playing now, they'll make the playoffs and Ted will be happy for the playoff revenue.

McPhee can't build a team to go to the next level, but Ted doesn't seem to care as long as they make the playoffs.
That's the only justification really. I think he was basically told "make the playoffs or you are gone"

I'm not opposed to trading Forsberg but for Erat?! All those years, they refused to give a Carlson, Johansson, Alzner or Varlamov for someone like Pronger but yet they give up Forsberg for Erat? It's a joke.

Putting all the bits and pieces I have heard together; this is totally ownership intervening. Mcphee would not pull this kind of deal without pressure.

This is Ted with "get me in the playoffs" pressure. Leonsis is the real moron in all of this. Anyways it's Dick Patrick who has veto power/no go on the deals. Dick Patrick is the clown that vetoed a caps trade for Iginla a couple of years back.

With the Nationals taking over the town and RGIII right around the corner in a Redskins first town, Leonsis is feeling the heat. He should have been ALL IN when he had the teams to do it in 2008-2011
Old 04-03-2013, 08:45 PM   #1012
Aftermath
Creep

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Oh and how sick is STL defense now? Pietrangelo, Shattenkirk, and Bouwmeester Damn, too bad Halak is now out 3 weeks.....
Old 04-03-2013, 08:46 PM   #1013
Aftermath
Creep

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedskinBronco View Post
That's the only justification really. I think he was basically told "make the playoffs or you are gone"

I'm not opposed to trading Forsberg but for Erat?! All those years, they refused to give a Carlson, Johansson, Alzner or Varlamov for someone like Pronger but yet they give up Forsberg for Erat? It's a joke.

Putting all the bits and pieces I have heard together; this is totally ownership intervening. Mcphee would not pull this kind of deal without pressure.

This is Ted with "get me in the playoffs" pressure. Leonsis is the real moron in all of this. Anyways it's Dick Patrick who has veto power/no go on the deals. Dick Patrick is the clown that vetoed a caps trade for Iginla a couple of years back.

With the Nationals taking over the town and RGIII right around the corner in a Redskins first town, Leonsis is feeling the heat. He should have been ALL IN when he had the teams to do it in 2008-2011
I would have gave Tom Wilson..
Old 04-03-2013, 08:49 PM   #1014
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Erat for Forsberg was pretty bad, although Erat is underrated.

Clowe went HAM tonight. I wanted him on the Flyers but I would have gave a 2nd and 3rd.

Really happy for CBJ as they get Gaborik. I hope they turn it around, their new GM is a draft genius.

Happy for Minny too, They get Pommer but overpaid. They only should have gave one of Larsson/1st. Pommer is severely underrated. If Flyers miss playoffs I'm rooting for them.

Must suck to be a Dallas fan, your in the playoff hunt and trade away Jagr, Morrow, and Roy. I do like the returns but when do you actually go for it?

I'd hate to be a Wings fan too. I hope Datsyuk leaves for Russia next year. They don't deserve him.

Don't know what to think about Bishop for Conacher trade.... That one shocked me. I think Conacher is a 55 pt player tops and I have no clue about Bishop. It seems like every goalie the Sens have does good which is the opposite of any Philly goalie.

Oh ya the Flyers get Chris Mason errr Steve... Whatever woohoo..
Wouldn't be surprised to see the flyers dump bryz and trade with LA for Bernier at the draft. A mason/Bernier tandem would be much cheaper and better for the flyers.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #1015
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I would have gave Tom Wilson..
That would have been worse. Tom Wilson is pretty much untouchable. The caps need more players like him; a legit SCORING top 6 power forward.

He almost made the team out of training camp.

My guess is Mcphee tried to unload Kuznetsov but Nashville wouldn't have any of it due to their experience with Radulov and now the half assing Kost-it-syn.

Nashville is done with russian players IMO

edit: the only hope from caps perspective is that Erat was a pretty consistent ~50 pt player in offensively challenged Nashville. Maybe that equates to 70-80 pts in a more O-ffensive system

edit: btw, I think I read during the draft that the flyers were waiting to draft Wilson but the caps snatched him up right before. Makes sense, Wilson is the prototypical Flyers type player

Last edited by RedskinBronco; 04-03-2013 at 09:08 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #1016
Aftermath
Creep

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Quote:
That would have been worse. Tom Wilson is pretty much untouchable. The caps need more players like him; a legit SCORING top 6 power forward.

My guess is Mcphee tried to unload Kuznetsov but Nashville wouldn't have any of it due to their experience with Radulov and now the half assing Kost-it-syn.

edit: the only hope from caps perspective is that Erat was a pretty consistent ~50 pt player in offensively challenged Nashville. Maybe that equates to 70-80 pts in a more O-ffensive system

edit: btw, I think I read during the draft that the flyers were waiting to draft Wilson but the caps snatched him up right before. Makes sense, Wilson is the prototypical Flyers type player
Yes I like Wilson. But I like Forsberg and Kuznetsov more. Wilson would be sick on the Flyers tho.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:27 PM   #1017
Aftermath
Creep

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Supposedly the Flyers offer for Bishop was Rinaldo + a 2nd.... And that if they got Bishop they would probably buy out Bryzgalov. I'm not sure about that last part. I love Rinaldo, he's one of the best agitators in the game, kind of glad the trade didn't happen but it would have been crazy if they did get Bishop!
Old 04-03-2013, 09:54 PM   #1018
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:

Kuz would have been worse. He's said he's coming over after the Olympics and his contract with Traktor (I think that's who he's with) is up.

The wait is gonna be worth it.
Old 04-04-2013, 06:01 AM   #1019
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Kuz would have been worse. He's said he's coming over after the Olympics and his contract with Traktor (I think that's who he's with) is up.

The wait is gonna be worth it.
I sure hope so, I started getting skeptical of him coming over after his comments last year.

I know he has to cater to the Russian media and if you read about it, seems like Russian Hockey Federation is holding him hostage "You stay here or no Sochi Olympics for you"

I'm really not sure; I guess we will find out after the olympics. Also, the KHL is nothing like the NHL and I hope he's ready for the smaller ice surface and more aggressive play.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:42 AM   #1020
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Supposedly the Flyers offer for Bishop was Rinaldo + a 2nd.... And that if they got Bishop they would probably buy out Bryzgalov. I'm not sure about that last part. I love Rinaldo, he's one of the best agitators in the game, kind of glad the trade didn't happen but it would have been crazy if they did get Bishop!
I still think Bryz is probably gone after the season.

There's no way they spend 9 million in net. Hopefully Mason gets a 10 game tryout.

I mean, Bryz did just duck out of the way of a shot.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #1021
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

McPhee said in a radio interview today that Tom Wilson was an untouchable

There you have it lol
Old 04-04-2013, 11:33 AM   #1022
RedskinBronco
Ring of Famer

Bryz will get amnesty for sure
Old 04-04-2013, 01:14 PM   #1023
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Sorry Socal....Sid may have concussion symptoms....

http://tracking.si.com/2013/04/04/si.../?sct=uk_t2_a3
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:36 PM   #1024
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Could be the end of Crosby's career. Unfortunately.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:06 PM   #1025
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Sorry Socal....Sid may have concussion symptoms....

http://tracking.si.com/2013/04/04/si.../?sct=uk_t2_a3
Btw the report is bogus.