The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #101
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
The thought is molded by the individuals beliefs of reality.
And the final arbiter is what? One's beliefs, or reality?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #102
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
I don't think our existence has much of an effect on the real world, regardless of what we think. It is what it is, whether we are here or not. When a man dies does the world change? Only his perception of it. And for those who knew him. So reality remains as it is. I once heard an old mahatma say, "People like to say that time changes. Time says that's it's the people who come and go. Not him. He's always here." The universe has been here for billions of years and will be here billions of years after we're gone.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #103
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Quote:
The beliefs are molded by the external influence.
edited
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:44 PM   #104
snowspot66
Ring of Famer

This thread is the perfect example of why nothing ever gets fixed until people are forced to address the problem.
snowspot66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #105
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowspot66 View Post
This thread is the perfect example of why nothing ever gets fixed until people are forced to address the problem.
errand thinks it's all a Marxist plot.

cutthemdown wants to let the Chinese run the planet.

Obushma is a turd.

baja thinks it's all the fault of the reptilians.

IHaveALight is off in new-agey la-la land.

Meanwhile, the planet is cooking.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #106
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post

cutthemdown wants to let the Chinese run the planet.

Obushma is a turd.

baja thinks it's all the fault of the reptilians.

I want everybody in the first world countries to work hard at educating the third world (especially the women) so that we can seriously begin to lower global population. I think that's the best long-term fix.
Old 04-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #107
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Really? where did I say it was a Marxist plot?

I said those who are claiming it don't know a damn thing and only want our government to fund their ****ed up research.......but feel free to spout lies like you always do.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:27 PM   #108
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Global warming does not mean it's hot everywhere all the time and every year is warmer than the previous year.

Obviously you've learned all you know about the science from Faux News and Rush.
Then that means it's not "global" now doesn't it?

your claiming this means you don't know what the **** you're talking about....you're like the scientist who said "This is the male seahorse....." and then when his assistant points out that the seahorse is having a baby seahorse, he claims "Oh, well the male seahorse has the babies...." just to make himself seem like he's smarter than everyone else, when the truth is he's too stupid to know he's just a stubborn jackass
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:09 PM   #109
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
I want everybody in the first world countries to work hard at educating the third world (especially the women) so that we can seriously begin to lower global population. I think that's the best long-term fix.
You could start by removing the CIA boot from their neck.

Then you could shut down most of the 700+ US military bases worldwide and bring the troops home.

Then you could effect regime change here at home -- though it might take a revolution.

These would be the best moves you could make. BTW it also wouldn't hurt to drop your elitist attitudes.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:28 PM   #110
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Gaff calling someone elitist.....lol.

Go Canes!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:38 PM   #111
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post

Wow, lovely display of your complete ignorance of the basic science of climate and weather nutjob.

Why do you types think that ignorance is equivalent to actual knowledge? Why do you think your complete lack of understanding of even the basics of climatology empowers you to 'refute it'?

For ****'s sake, try the intellectually honest route of at least attempting to learn about the topic before wading in.

Quote:
your claiming this means you don't know what the **** you're talking about....you're like the scientist who said "This is the male seahorse....." and then when his assistant points out that the seahorse is having a baby seahorse, he claims "Oh, well the male seahorse has the babies...." just to make himself seem like he's smarter than everyone else, when the truth is he's too stupid to know he's just a stubborn jackass
Nice projection there nutter.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:56 AM   #112
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
You could start by removing the CIA boot from their neck.

Then you could shut down most of the 700+ US military bases worldwide and bring the troops home.

Then you could effect regime change here at home -- though it might take a revolution.

These would be the best moves you could make. BTW it also wouldn't hurt to drop your elitist attitudes.

MHG
It's "elitist" to want to bring education to the world and equality to women?

Back in the bunker, der Gaffo.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:04 AM   #113
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Do you know the difference between "warming" and "warm"?

Find me a reference in a peer-reviewed journal, with evidence that backs it, that says that global warming means "everywhere is hot and temperatures are always increasing". Just one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand
your claiming this means you don't know what the **** you're talking about....
That's your problem, not mine.
Old 04-04-2013, 07:07 AM   #114
IHaveALight
the sun is gone

Quote:

You can call it whatever you like, but remove the conditioning and you will see it plane as day.

Again, if global warming is strictly caused by mans green house gas production and the elites of the world know all about it and how dire of a situation we are in then why aren't they acting right now? These people have the power. They tell us that global warming is coming, that it is a dire issue and that it is caused by our green house gas production. Yet they have the power, resources, technology and anything else they need to put the action into place to start converting the world to clean energy. But they are not doing a damn thing about it. It's right in front of you. My speculation is that climate change is real, man most definitely plays a role, there is a lot more information about the full spectrom of what is happening to the climate on this planet that they are keeping from us and they are going to use global warming and drought to their advantage to further control the human consciousness.

The evidence is everywhere, everything is backwards from progress. Why do you think it's called congress?

Just look at us. Everything is backwards. Everything is upside down. Doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, university's destroy knowledge, governments destroy freedom, the major media destroys information and religion destroys spirituality. - Micheal Ellner

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a conspiracy so monstrous he can not believe it exists. - J Edgar Hoover

I really look with commiseration over the great body of my fellow citizens who, reading news papers, live and die in the belief that they have known something of what has been passing in their times. - Thomas Jefferson

The job of the president is not to weld power itself, but to lead attention away from it. - Douglas Adams

A general state education is a mere contrivance for molding people to be exactly like one another; and as the mold in which it casts them is that which pleases the predominate power in the government... It establishes a despotism over the mind. - John Stuart Mill

The past record of man is burdened with accounts of assassinations, secret combines, palace plots and betrayals in war. But in spite of this clear record, an amazing number of people have begun to scoff at the possibility of conspiracy at work today. They dismiss such an idea merely a conspiratorial point of view. - G Edgar Griffin

History is the lie commonly agreed upon. - Voltaire

Millionaires do not use astrology, billionaires do. - JP Morgan

Problems can not be solved with the same level intelligents that created them. - Albert Einstein

Last edited by IHaveALight; 04-04-2013 at 07:19 AM..
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 07:20 AM   #115
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You can call it whatever you like, but remove the conditioning and you will see it plane as day.

Again, if global warming is strictly caused by mans green house gas production
Not true, but moving on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight
and the elites of the world know all about it and how dire of a situation we are in then why aren't they acting right now? These people have the power. They tell us that global warming is coming, that it is a dire issue and that it is caused by our green house gas production. Yet they have the power, resources, technology and anything else they need to put the action into place to start converting the world to clean energy. But they are not doing a damn thing about it. It's right in front of you. My speculation is that climate change is real, man most definitely plays a role, there is a lot more information about the full spectrom of what is happening to the climate on this planet that they are keeping from us and they are going to use global warming and drought as a weapon to further control the human consciousness.
Yep, new-age-y la la land with a dose of conspiracism, paranoia, passivism, fatalism...
Old 04-04-2013, 09:07 AM   #116
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I hope some of you all realize how anthropogenic global warming has a lot more to do with things just getting "warmer." For Christ sakes. . . ever think about its impacts on sustainability and resources?
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #117
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I hope some of you all realize how anthropogenic global warming has a lot more to do with things just getting "warmer." For Christ sakes. . . ever think about its impacts on sustainability and resources?
Yep. There's lots more going on than just land surface warming.

They won't accept even that small part.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #118
Meck77

What about Nukes Wags? Do you worry about those for your children?

I'd say a battle for the holy land will result in some nukes getting tossed around. Much greater threat then needing some sun block, a flood, or turning your AC down a couple degrees.
Meck77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #119
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
What about Nukes Wags? Do you worry about those for your children?

I'd say a battle for the holy land will result in some nukes getting tossed around. Much greater threat then needing some sun block, a flood, or turning your AC down a couple degrees.
Deflection isn't your strong point.

Do you have kids?
Old 04-04-2013, 10:15 AM   #120
Meck77

Quote:
Deflection isn't your strong point.

Do you have kids?
Says the guy who won't comment on nuclear weapons and the capability of crazy nations to destroy the world several times over.

No kids. 38 years old. I don't feel the need to breed for the sake of breeding. That's another issue greater than global warming. Got married last year to a younger gal who is no rush either.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:21 AM   #121
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77 View Post
Says the guy who won't comment on nuclear weapons and the capability of crazy nations to destroy the world several times over.
You tried to change the subject, and failed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meck77
No kids. 38 years old. I don't feel the need to breed for the sake of breeding. That's another issue greater than global warming. Got married last year to a younger gal who is no rush either.
Since you have no kids, and no apparent intention to have any, you're willing to **** the future for the present. Right?
Old 04-04-2013, 01:25 PM   #122
Meck77

Quote:
You tried to change the subject, and failed.

Since you have no kids, and no apparent intention to have any, you're willing to **** the future for the present. Right?
I said I'm in no rush. I traded in my older girlfriend for a much nicer, better running, younger model. The old one was starting to make clunking sounds.

I think CHOOSING to not have kids is actually more responsible then people just having kids because they can. Sticking one's pecker in a female and getting her pregnant does not make someone more responsible to Mother Earth.

Besides the world is pressed for resources as it is. You breeders are part of the problem.

Come W*gs. Welfare/food stamps is at an all time high. It's the government that is taking care of more and more of them now. You know that.

Last edited by Meck77; 04-04-2013 at 01:31 PM..
Old 04-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #123
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It's "elitist" to want to bring education to the world and equality to women?

Back in the bunker, der Gaffo.
The West has been raping the Third World for centuries --

You should start educating right here at home. A nation run by psychopaths in no position to lift up others.
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 02:52 AM   #124
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Since we are running out of resources people who don't have kids are doing more for the future and global warming then people with kids.

Hell what is the carbon footprint of a kid? Since we have plenty of people the best thing you can do for the future of the Earth is stop having little brats who will just spew co2 and suck up water, food, and resources.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 08:15 AM   #125
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
The West has been raping the Third World for centuries --

You should start educating right here at home. A nation run by psychopaths in no position to lift up others.
I'm sure you would prefer a world filled with ignorance and superstition. Then you could sell more books.