The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #451
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Ayers sucked at OLB, 3-4 DE, LDE and I'm sure he will at RDE now what do we do? Let's hear your idea.
Hey did you ever stop and think I have the idea that we will be fine WITHOUT the production that dumervil had? Maybe I think we can win the superbowl with 5 ****ing sacks from that position. The fact you keep harping on the same bull**** about me is hilarious. I've given several opinions on it(one being just accept the fact the production there WILL decline yet STILL win) I've said Dansby and a rookie there. I've said Abraham. Ive even said Jackson is better there than ayers.

Keep banging your head thinking anyone that assumes dumervils production won't be replaced equals a failure of a season though. Makes you look stupid.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #452
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Won't work in Drunken's mind rookies are not the answer. Next idea.
I can see where he is coming from though. I highly doubt a rookie comes in and produces like Doom. I get his idea behind being in a win now mode for the next couple of years. A rookie will have his growing pains, even our own beast Von managed to reach (just) 11.5 sacks in his rookie season. There is not a player in this draft that can even hold Von's jockstrap. Can we get a player and get 6-8 sacks from him? Sure! If we stumble upon that type of player that will only show to get better.

DB is right, for the next 2 years (unless we hit gold), our RDE position will be worst than last year. Being in a win now mode, that is not what would should have been looking forward to.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #453
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Who the **** suggested we will suck and not make the playoffs because of doom being gone?
Price said we will not win the SB because Doom is gone.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #454
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
So price speaks for everyone? Playoffs and superbowl 2 different ends. We didnt win a SB with him either.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-03-2013 at 02:00 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #455
Bmore Manning

Quote:
!!
Old 04-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #456
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
I can see where he is coming from though. I highly doubt a rookie comes in and produces like Doom. I get his idea behind being in a win now mode for the next couple of years. A rookie will have his growing pains, even our own beast Von managed to reach (just) 11.5 sacks in his rookie season. There is not a player in this draft that can even hold Von's jockstrap. Can we get a player and get 6-8 sacks from him? Sure! If we stumble upon that type of player that will only show to get better.

DB is right, for the next 2 years (unless we hit gold), our RDE position will be worst than last year. Being in a win now mode, that is not what would should have been looking forward to.
Exactly. And being that I'm saying even with less production there we can still win is somehow translated into DBlife thinking I'm assuming the season is completely lost
Old 04-03-2013, 01:53 PM   #457
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
h... Doom's natural position has always been DE. He played DE in Louisville and raped the competition. People just assume his natural position is OLB because he has the body type for the position and had a career year playing it. But make no mistake, his natural position will always be DE.

Ayers is not terrible... at defending the run. But he has been terrible at sacking the QB. You can dance around that all you want, but that wont change. Ayers will be the solid run defender on 1st and 2nd down, but expecting him to even come close to producing his career sacks in the next season is lunacy.

Will he be able, I am not hopeful. Do I want him to succeed? Sure!!! That would be one less spot to invest a draft pick on. Based on our FO urgency to sign a FA DE after losing Hunter and Doom, tells me we are going to invest one of our first 2 picks on a headhunter.
Fair enough.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #458
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Hey did you ever stop and think I have the idea that we will be fine WITHOUT the production that dumervil had? Maybe I think we can win the superbowl with 5 ****ing sacks from that position. The fact you keep harping on the same bull**** about me is hilarious. I've given several opinions on it(one being just accept the fact the production there WILL decline yet STILL win) I've said Dansby and a rookie there. I've said Abraham. Ive even said Jackson is better there than ayers.

Keep banging your head thinking anyone that assumes dumervils production won't be replaced equals a failure of a season though. Makes you look stupid.
Dasbry and Abraham are not coming so that idea is out. Jackson? What did he do last year to prove he was better then Ayers? In fact even in college Jackson wasn't a pass rusher. 5 sacks as a senior! SEE HOW THAT WORKS! How is what your doing any different from what I am doing? Everything I have suggested has never SURPASSED what Doom does on a football field. Did I once say Ayers will come in and get double digit sacks? Nope, yet you act like I am. Did I say a rookie would come in and play like a pro bowler? Nope.

Keep banging your head thinking I believe Doom sucks though because I think a combo of players could replace him and Denver improve on D.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #459
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
So price speaks for everyone? Playoffs and superbowl 2 different ends. We didnt win a SB with him either.
You asked a question and I answered it didn't I?
So who said Ayers was going to get 10 plus sacks replacing Doom this season? Don't worry I'll wait.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:12 PM   #460
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
You asked a question and I answered it didn't I?
So who said Ayers was going to get 10 plus sacks replacing Doom this season? Don't worry I'll wait.
No you didnt. You said "SB" I said "playoffs".

See how that works?
Old 04-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #461
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:

Keep banging your head thinking I believe Doom sucks though because I think a combo of players could replace him and Denver improve on D.
And I'm saying the production won't be replaced YET they can still win.

By the way 5 sacks as a senior is better than the 3 ayers put up.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:20 PM   #462
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
No you didnt. You said "SB" I said "playoffs".

See how that works?
When did I say people said Denver wouldn't make the playoffs in the first place?
Old 04-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #463
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
When did I say people said Denver wouldn't make the playoffs in the first place?
From all the doom and gloom posts that follow someone saying the production won't be filled. Granted they may be overblown to fill the schtick your portraying. But It just seems to come across that way.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:27 PM   #464
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
And I'm saying the production won't be replaced YET they can still win.

By the way 5 sacks as a senior is better than the 3 ayers put up.
Same ****ing I've been saying. The only difference you bang on every ****ing idea like it isn't good enough.

Can't be a rookie because we are in win now mode and it can't be Ayers because JDR benched him for Hunter.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #465
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Same ****ing I've been saying. The only difference you bang on every ****ing idea like it isn't good enough.

Can't be a rookie because we are in win now mode and it can't be Ayers because JDR benched him for Hunter.
Not really the same thing when you're saying the production CAN be replaced. I'm saying its not in this year. Whether that is "banging the idea" is your opinion. And by me saying they can still win in spite of that lack of production means they will be better in other areas. For example 3rd and 5s won't result in Hester runs up the middle.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #466
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Ayers has shown nothing, other than people bashing him for being a bust around this time right here last year.
This. Ayers' OMPMI was very high last year. There's really nothing left to argue.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:51 PM   #467
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Exactly. And being that I'm saying even with less production there we can still win is somehow translated into DBlife thinking I'm assuming the season is completely lost
Some people have trouble separating "We ****ed up" and "We're ****ed"

Two different animals.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:00 PM   #468
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Not really the same thing when you're saying the production CAN be replaced. I'm saying its not in this year. Whether that is "banging the idea" is your opinion. And by me saying they can still win in spite of that lack of production means they will be better in other areas. For example 3rd and 5s won't result in Hester runs up the middle.
Of course it CAN be replaced. Show me why it is impossible for a combo of players to come in and get the same sack and pressure totals Doom had last year. Also why you are at it show me where I said it WILL be replaced.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #469
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Of course it CAN be replaced. Show me why it is impossible for a combo of players to come in and get the same sack and pressure totals Doom had last year. Also why you are at it show me where I said it WILL be replaced.
Not sure where WILL got involved even after I capped CAN in my post. I will let the season show for itself. If there's a combo that will get double digit sacks a few FFs and rank toward the top in QB pressures then it will prove me wrong. Right now IMO the roster doesn't have that production. And at 28 it will be hard pressed to find that kind of impact for this season coming up. Im done with this. Basically were arguing about word definition. The word CAN gets watered down when the percentage of it happening isnt high. You're saying it can(with ayers and a rookie I believe) I'm saying it won't. At the conclusion of the season we will have an answer.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 04-03-2013 at 03:19 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #470
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
See, right there lies the problem. We had a heavy rotation at the LDE spot last year. Do we really want RDE to be a heavy rotation spot too? That means we have no edge rusher. There is a saying that goes: Having too many of the same type, just means you have none there at all. (or something like that) Doom played an insane amount of snaps. Was a 3 down player and barely left the field. Now we are talking about using 2 players to replace the production of 1.

Personally I don't like the heavy rotation idea on both spots. I would like for us to find our stud DE (draft or trade), and if adequate in TC, let him play out and get the most playing time he can.

I want to see Wolfe settle in as a starter and stay on the field as much as he can. And I want us to find that DE that by hard work and talent, the coaching staff feels confident in allowing him to grow during the span of the season. Just unleash him.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #471
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
See, right there lies the problem. We had a heavy rotation at the LDE spot last year. Do we really want RDE to be a heavy rotation spot too? That means we have no edge rusher. There is a saying that goes: Having too many of the same type, just means you have none there at all. (or something like that) Doom played an insane amount of snaps. Was a 3 down player and barely left the field. Now we are talking about using 2 players to replace the production of 1.

Personally I don't like the heavy rotation idea on both spots. I would like for us to find our stud DE (draft or trade), and if adequate in TC, let him play out and get the most playing time he can.

I want to see Wolfe settle in as a starter and stay on the field as much as he can. And I want us to find that DE that by hard work and talent, the coaching staff feels confident in allowing him to grow during the span of the season. Just unleash him.
I don't really get the idea of it either. If someone is supposedly good enough there's no need for a combo. Putting ayers into a combo is pretty much accepting that he's just not that great. They could draft a guy that could end up being great in a year or 2 but i don't see double digits from a rook unless we trade up. That's why the combo idea is being looked at.
Old 04-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #472
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Depending on how the coaches feel about the current players on our roster, we might not go DE. Ayers has shown flashes if not consistency, and with guys like McFadden and Charles in our division, playing the run better might be a priority to them, and could be why they're not hand wringing over Doom being gone as much as some on here are.

It's been my experience that the Broncos rarely draft the position we all think they should, which is why I'm not worried about it. I did however predict the Von Miller pick (although it was quite the no brainer in my opinion).

My wish list if available and in no particular order - (height and weight approximates)

[] Kevin Reddick MLB UNC 6'2" 245 lbs.....4 year starter who hustles, rarely stays blocked and has the speed to chase down ball carriers from behind.....he'll be an every down player if he makes it in the NFL in my opinion.

[] Zach Ertz TE Stanford 6'6" 255 lbs....Tamme is good, this kid could be great. runs excellent routes, has soft hands and gives good effort in blocking.

[] Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M 6'4" 255 lbs....needs to bulk up, but he can become something special in my opinion

[] John Jenkins DT Georgia 6'4" 359 lbs.....endurance is a problem, but I'm thinking he can be our version of Tony Siragusa/Gilbert Brown, a big body tying up blockers while the LBers make the tackles

[] David Amerson CB NC State 6'2" 195 lbs ......While he struggled with some of the better speed WR's he has the size, physicality, and ball skills teams like......could make it as a safety as well if his trouble with speedy WR's is determined to be worse than originally thought.

[] T.J. McDonald FS USC 6'3" 210 lbs ......son of former Cardinals and 49ers safety Tim, who is an explosive tackler and is quick to read and react.....his biggest red flag was he sometimes didn't wrap up and missed some tackles.

[] Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State 6'1" 240 lbs.....mid round grade, but is a former safety who knows a thing or two about coverage and is fast enough, but needs to become more consistent.

again, I have no clue who they'll draft....but from what I've seen and heard of these guys they seem like they could all be solid to spectacular pros who could contribute early even as rookies for the Broncos.....just one man's humble opinion.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #473
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Sack totals by year, college and NFL:

But this year, he'll be great!
This. Denial ain't a river in Egypt, ad Ayers ain't a pass rusher...but he did get 4 whole sacks as a Senior in college!!!1!11!1
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #474
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Depending on how the coaches feel about the current players on our roster, we might not go DE. Ayers has shown flashes if not consistency, and with guys like McFadden and Charles in our division, playing the run better might be a priority to them, and could be why they're not hand wringing over Doom being gone as much as some on here are.

It's been my experience that the Broncos rarely draft the position we all think they should, which is why I'm not worried about it. I did however predict the Von Miller pick (although it was quite the no brainer in my opinion).

My wish list if available and in no particular order - (height and weight approximates)

[] Kevin Reddick MLB UNC 6'2" 245 lbs.....4 year starter who hustles, rarely stays blocked and has the speed to chase down ball carriers from behind.....he'll be an every down player if he makes it in the NFL in my opinion.

[] Zach Ertz TE Stanford 6'6" 255 lbs....Tamme is good, this kid could be great. runs excellent routes, has soft hands and gives good effort in blocking.

[] Damontre Moore DE Texas A&M 6'4" 255 lbs....needs to bulk up, but he can become something special in my opinion

[] John Jenkins DT Georgia 6'4" 359 lbs.....endurance is a problem, but I'm thinking he can be our version of Tony Siragusa/Gilbert Brown, a big body tying up blockers while the LBers make the tackles

[] David Amerson CB NC State 6'2" 195 lbs ......While he struggled with some of the better speed WR's he has the size, physicality, and ball skills teams like......could make it as a safety as well if his trouble with speedy WR's is determined to be worse than originally thought.

[] T.J. McDonald FS USC 6'3" 210 lbs ......son of former Cardinals and 49ers safety Tim, who is an explosive tackler and is quick to read and react.....his biggest red flag was he sometimes didn't wrap up and missed some tackles.

[] Gerald Hodges OLB Penn State 6'1" 240 lbs.....mid round grade, but is a former safety who knows a thing or two about coverage and is fast enough, but needs to become more consistent.

again, I have no clue who they'll draft....but from what I've seen and heard of these guys they seem like they could all be solid to spectacular pros who could contribute early even as rookies for the Broncos.....just one man's humble opinion.
Charles maybe,but McFadden will be lucky to play 1/2 the season. It's a passing league & Flynn isn't being brought to hand the ball off to mcds back up.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:51 AM   #475
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Ayers can't be lined up the same way as doom, asked to play like doom did. Broncos will have to tweak the defense but I'm pretty sure Del Rio knows more about how to do that then we do. I'm not even worried because IMO Doom was sort of quiet last yr. Sure he had a couple good games but IMO he's not a huge difference maker. I don't really see teams worried about blocking him like you do Miller. Doom is a good pass rusher and turned himself into a decent run defender.

Broncos should use this chance to rethink the defense, get bigger, get more physical in the front 7.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote