The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #22
Swedish Extrovert
President of the Universe

Formerly known as mightysmurf

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bruton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Everyone hit on it.

Look, I loved MHS. I was in the soutstands for some big games there. It WAS louder. It was simpler and there was an old-school element to it that gave it some charm.

It was also a rickety old piece of crap. The thing was constructed on a landfil in the forties and added piecemeal into the eighties. Elements of it looked like somewhere a rapist would hide his victim. The whole concourse would sway when you came into and left the structure. There were areas that were going to become dangerous about it over time.

We needed a new stadium. The old one was gone. Yes, it had charm. Yes, it had nice memories. But it was structurally a piece of crap comparative to others of its time. Denver grew up and the Broncos grew out of Mile High. People piss and moan about the new Stadium and how the crowd changed. I think the crowd got disillusioned with years of patched together wild card teams and first round blowouts followed by the misery of the McDaniels years.

I was in the '98 Dolphins playoff game and I was in the 2005 playoff win against the Pats. Let me say I felt like the fans were just as into it in '05 as they were in '98. Is the Stadium a vibrating piece of Mad Max beyond Thunderdome that probably should be condemned? No. But Denver has good fans and waxing nostalgic about how a structure "ruined" Denver fans is stupid.
I've had season tickets my whole life (seriously... John Elway was drafted two years after I was born, and my great aunt signed over her season tix to my dad and me in 1988 when I was 3).... of course I've missed games due to being in the military and attending colleges overseas.... but the Pittsburgh game where DT caught the 80-yard TD from Tebow in OT was about the craziest I have ever seen whilst being in a stadium.

Me and my dad - this was a good 20 minutes after the players had left the field:

Last edited by Swedish Extrovert; 04-03-2013 at 03:21 PM..
Swedish Extrovert is offline   Reply With Quote