The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2013, 08:13 AM   #26
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
zackly what Sports Authority needs, more friggen tvs... tell ya what Pat, just fill me up with a boat load of beer because sport authority field will never compare to Mile High Stadium, no matter how many gimmicks and smoke and mirrors you put in that place. You can only cater to the wine and cheese crowd so much before the entire experience becames an exercise in fan futility....
I am one of the few who believe that SA Field isn't Mile High and shouldn't be named that way. That said, are you suggesting the Broncos not upgrade the stadium since it will never be Mile High? These improvements will do nothing but enhance the experience of the ticket holder. I don't think Bowlen is trying to trick anyone into thinking SA field is Mile High stadium, if that is what you are suggesting.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:30 AM   #27
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I am one of the few who believe that SA Field isn't Mile High and shouldn't be named that way. That said, are you suggesting the Broncos not upgrade the stadium since it will never be Mile High? These improvements will do nothing but enhance the experience of the ticket holder. I don't think Bowlen is trying to trick anyone into thinking SA field is Mile High stadium, if that is what you are suggesting.
Only thing that worries me is whether the persecuted Southies will have to start wearing sunscreen to night games.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:04 AM   #28
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
I don't think you get it.
Nope, I experienced Mile High Stadium and I've experienced the new stadium and I know the new stadium does not have the atmospher that MHS had back in the day. This is due to Bowlen catering to the wine and cheese crowd, or the corporate/business crowd more than to the blue collar, die hard Broncos fan.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #29
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I'm saying that this type of stuff won't help the fans get loud and crazy the way they did in the old stadium. If anything, it will allow the fan not to watch the field but to focus more on the big screen instead of the live game. So it's more of a distraction IMHO. Bowlen knows SAF is not MHS and there's nothing he can do about it now. He's just trying to make it nicer which is fine. But loud crazy college-football atmosphere is gone which is too bad.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:18 AM   #30
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

A good team will do more to make the crowd crazy enthusiastic than a stadium being one way or another.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:43 AM   #31
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Nope, I experienced Mile High Stadium and I've experienced the new stadium and I know the new stadium does not have the atmospher that MHS had back in the day. This is due to Bowlen catering to the wine and cheese crowd, or the corporate/business crowd more than to the blue collar, die hard Broncos fan.
You can say that about any new to relatively new stadium. The blue collar, die hard, nutjob days are over.
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #32
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven View Post
You can say that about any new to relatively new stadium. The blue collar, die hard, nutjob days are over.
Perhaps, but some new stadiums do better at it than others, for example the stadium in Seattle.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #33
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
A good team will do more to make the crowd crazy enthusiastic than a stadium being one way or another.
True, but that home field advantage that the old MHS produced is certainly gone too.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:55 AM   #34
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Perhaps, but some new stadiums do better at it than others, for example the stadium in Seattle.
Ive seen it down here. Text message unruly fans, kick out opposing fans for cheering for the away team(the eff is that), catering more towards a "family friendly" atmosphere, etc. Eff it, why bother going. It's not like the old days anymore.
Old 04-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #35
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Ive seen it down here. Text message unruly fans, kick out opposing fans for cheering for the away team(the eff is that), catering more towards a "family friendly" atmosphere, etc. Eff it, why bother going. It's not like the old days anymore.
Not sure I understand, you've seen it from down where?
Old 04-03-2013, 10:00 AM   #36
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Waaaaaaaah.

This thread needs more TGN.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:02 AM   #37
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
Not sure I understand, you've seen it from down where?
Fins games

To Add: been to a couple of Invesco games.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:04 AM   #38
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Fins games
But thats an old stadium and it was never a good stadium to begin with, correct? I'm saying that if I was an owner, sure, I'd try to make the stadium as profitable as possible but I'd also like to promote that college football atmospher. I think you can do both.
Old 04-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #39
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Waaaaaaaah.

This thread needs more TGN.
quality post, from another moron transplant screwing up CO. Thanks for nothing!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:08 AM   #40
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
But thats an old stadium and it was never a good stadium to begin with, correct? I'm saying that if I was an owner, sure, I'd try to make the stadium as profitable as possible but I'd also like to promote that college football atmospher. I think you can do both.
I get what you're saying, but the stadium atmosphere has changed. Joe Robbie Stadium was built in the late 80's and has a relative new feel to it. Not at all like the old MHS. By the way, they are trying to add a half roof to Dolphins stadium
Old 04-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #41
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I get what you're saying, but the stadium atmosphere has changed. Joe Robbie Stadium was built in the late 80's and has a relative new feel to it. Not at all like the old MHS. By the way, they are trying to add a half roof to Dolphins stadium
fair enough, I didn't know Joe Robbie was that new, I guess I was thinking of the orange bowl. I now know why you are a Heat fan... it's making sense now lol!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 AM   #42
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Quote:
fair enough, I didn't know Joe Robbie was that new, I guess I was thinking of the orange bowl. I now know why you are a Heat fan... it's making sense now lol!
The Orange Bowl was a bad ass stadium. It was also old and a piece of ****, like the old MHS. Now the canes play at dolphins stadium and it isn't the same and the attendees aren't the same. Times have changed Tombstone.
Old 04-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #43
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

mehh...the "good ole' days" ended after the Broncos finally won a superbowl. It will never be the same again, and I'm ok with it. It's been 14 years, for ****'s sakes

FYI, stay off TRJ's lawn

bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:21 PM   #44
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
How every TombstoneRJ post looks to me.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:34 PM   #45
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

lol...
Old 04-03-2013, 12:38 PM   #46
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Funny you should say that. We put in for club seat season tickets under our business email and personal email. Guess which one the Broncos responded too.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #47
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Everyone hit on it.

Look, I loved MHS. I was in the soutstands for some big games there. It WAS louder. It was simpler and there was an old-school element to it that gave it some charm.

It was also a rickety old piece of crap. The thing was constructed on a landfil in the forties and added piecemeal into the eighties. Elements of it looked like somewhere a rapist would hide his victim. The whole concourse would sway when you came into and left the structure. There were areas that were going to become dangerous about it over time.

We needed a new stadium. The old one was gone. Yes, it had charm. Yes, it had nice memories. But it was structurally a piece of crap comparative to others of its time. Denver grew up and the Broncos grew out of Mile High. People piss and moan about the new Stadium and how the crowd changed. I think the crowd got disillusioned with years of patched together wild card teams and first round blowouts followed by the misery of the McDaniels years.

I was in the '98 Dolphins playoff game and I was in the 2005 playoff win against the Pats. Let me say I felt like the fans were just as into it in '05 as they were in '98. Is the Stadium a vibrating piece of Mad Max beyond Thunderdome that probably should be condemned? No. But Denver has good fans and waxing nostalgic about how a structure "ruined" Denver fans is stupid.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:05 PM   #48
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

I swear some of you guys see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear. I've seen multiple games at the old and new stadium and I can tell you without any doubt that the new stadium on its worst day is louder than Gillette Stadium on its best day.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:31 PM   #49
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

maybe us old geezers just have crappy hearing, did you ever consider that!!!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:35 PM   #50
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
I don't really care.

Wine and cheese crowd = more revenue.

More revenue = better facilities, more media presence, and more selling points for good players.

More good players = more wins.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote