The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 04:26 PM   #26
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10,944
Default

W*gs has a persistent habit of presenting hypotheses (that he favors) as proven fact. In this regard he is like the pope making pronouncements. Believe it or else.

Meanwhile, he ridicules other hypotheses that he has not even studied (example -- James McCanney's comet model).

W*gs is a born again atheist. His religion is global warming.

He denies that Mars is heating up -- along with earth. But check this out. Climate change may also be occurring on Jupiter.

http://www.space.com/2071-storm-jupi...te-change.html

So that's three planets, earth, Mars and Jupiter, that may be heating up. This suggests that human behavior is not the only -- perhaps not even the biggest -- factor causing climate change.

But don't expect W*gs to own up to this possibility. Expect slander.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 04:55 PM   #27
baja
Pat Bowlen
 
baja's Avatar
 
The best owner ever

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 58,758

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
W*gs has a persistent habit of presenting hypotheses (that he favors) as proven fact. In this regard he is like the pope making pronouncements. Believe it or else.

Meanwhile, he ridicules other hypotheses that he has not even studied (example -- James McCanney's comet model).

W*gs is a born again atheist. His religion is global warming.

He denies that Mars is heating up -- along with earth. But check this out. Climate change may also be occurring on Jupiter.

http://www.space.com/2071-storm-jupi...te-change.html

So that's three planets, earth, Mars and Jupiter, that may be heating up. This suggests that human behavior is not the only -- perhaps not even the biggest -- factor causing climate change.

But don't expect W*gs to own up to this possibility. Expect slander.

MHG
You must have missed the memo. We have been shipping cow flashance to mars for decades.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #28
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,251
Default

All I know is that in the 70's these same idiots that say the earth is warming claimed that we'd be in another Ice Age by the year 2000....and their plan to prevent it?

Basically melting the polar ice caps.....

Nothing but a bunch of bull****....these ****ers can't even predict the weather right, so why should anyone believe they can tell if the earth is gonna heat up or cool down. They just want government grant money.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:39 PM   #29
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

Science is dependent on perspective. There will always be opposing scientific beliefs and it is very ignorant and actually unscientific to attach a truth to a scientific observation or study that is completely built from and dependent on limited perspective (as all science is).

If you want to find science that says man is responsible for global warming, you will find that science you are looking for.

If you want to find science that says man is not responsible for global warming, you will find that science you are looking for.

Science has been and is being used as a weapon against humanity.

W*gs, what are your thoughts on flouride? Do you accept the scientific lie that human beings need fluoride (which is produced from industrial waste) added to water for proper teeth and bone health?

Last edited by IHaveALight; 04-01-2013 at 05:41 PM..
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #30
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

I know one thing, I don't trust anything that comes from a Rothchild, even if the message does sound legit.

IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:40 PM   #31
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
W*gs has a persistent habit of presenting hypotheses (that he favors) as proven fact. In this regard he is like the pope making pronouncements. Believe it or else.
No. I have data and evidence that backs my views. I don't expect others to agree with me because I've said something. You, on the other hand, expect us to believe something just because you state it as fact.

You're projecting your bull****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney
Meanwhile, he ridicules other hypotheses that he has not even studied (example -- James McCanney's comet model).
I've already detailed, a few times, the fatal flaws in McCanney's comet model. His model is wrong not because I say so, but because the data and evidence don't support his claims.

The earth is more-or-less a sphere - not because I claim it is, but because all the observations we have leave us with no other choice. You see, gaffe, scientists go where the observations and reality tell them to go. You go where your dogma and fantasies demand that you go, reality be damned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney
He denies that Mars is heating up -- along with earth. But check this out. Climate change may also be occurring on Jupiter.
What climate change is happening to other planets in the solar system

Quote:
There are three fundamental flaws in the 'other planets are warming' argument. Not all planets in the solar system are warming. The sun has shown no long term trend since 1950 and in fact has shown a slight cooling trend in recent decades. There are explanations for why other planets are warming.
and

Quote:
Martian climate is primarily driven by dust and albedo. Global dust storms increase the surface albedo by settling brighter dust on dark surfaces. Higher albedo leads to more sunlight being reflected which has a cooling effect. Snapshots of Mars' surface in 1977 and 1999 find that the surface was brighter in 1977 and darker in 1999. However, this doesn't necessarily point to a long term warming trend - the 1977 snapshot was made shortly after a global dust storm while the 1999 snapshot occured before a dust storm. Consequently, there is little empirical evidence that long term global warming on Mars is occuring (Richardson 2007). More on Mars...
Neptune's orbit is 164 years so observations (1950 to present day) span less than a third of a Neptunian year. Climate modelling of Neptune suggests its brightening is a seasonal response (Sromovsky 2003). Eg - Neptune's southern hemisphere is heading into summer. More on Neptune...
Neptune's largest moon, Triton, has warmed since the Voyager space probe visited it in 1989. The moon is approaching an extreme southern summer, a season that occurs every few hundred years. During this special time, the moon's southern hemisphere receives more direct sunlight (Elliot 1998).
Jupiter's storms are fueled by the planet's own internal heat (sunlight is 4% the level of solar energy at Earth). When several storms merge into one large storm (eg - Red Spot Jr), the planet loses its ability to mix heat, causing warming at the equator and cooling at the poles (Marcus 2006). More on Jupiter...
Pluto's warming is not clearly understood. Pluto's orbit is much more elliptical than that of the other planets, and its rotational axis is tipped by a large angle relative to its orbit. Both factors could contribute to drastic seasonal changes. As Pluto's orbit is equivalent to 248 Earth years and observed warming spans only 14 years, it is likely this is a seasonal response (Sromovsky 2003).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney
This suggests that human behavior is not the only -- perhaps not even the biggest -- factor causing climate change.
No-one says that we are the "only" causative factor in climate change. That's a strawman.

However, since it's clear you've done precious little research, if any, on the subject, I recommend you check the links I provided baja to give you a start.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #32
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
Science is dependent on perspective. There will always be opposing scientific beliefs and it is very ignorant and actually unscientific to attach a truth to a scientific observation or study that is completely built from and dependent on limited perspective (as all science is).
Do an experiment for me.

If science (which is a tool to understand the reality in which we exist) is so malleable, then if you don't believe in gravity, no harm can come to you from stepping out a 30th floor window.

Please try doing so and report back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight
If you want to find science that says man is responsible for global warming, you will find that science you are looking for.

If you want to find science that says man is not responsible for global warming, you will find that science you are looking for.
No. The science on the causes of the climate changes we have observed is quite clear. We are responsible. It is not possible to explain the facts, data and evidence (i.e., the science) without a very significant anthropogenic component. If you have some "science" that can better explain what we observed that has no, or very little, anthropogenic component, please provide it here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight
Science has been and is being used as a weapon against humanity.
Science can be misused, just as (say) a knife can be. Doesn't mean that all uses of a knife, or science, are as a "weapon", designed to hurt, kill, or destroy.

Would you want a world completely without any science at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight
W*gs, what are your thoughts on flouride? Do you accept the scientific lie that human beings need fluoride (which is produced from industrial waste) added to water for proper teeth and bone health?
I'm not interested in discussing fluoride with someone of a "precious bodily fluids" mindset.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:48 PM   #33
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
All I know is that in the 70's these same idiots that say the earth is warming claimed that we'd be in another Ice Age by the year 2000....and their plan to prevent it?

Basically melting the polar ice caps.....

Nothing but a bunch of bull****....these ****ers can't even predict the weather right, so why should anyone believe they can tell if the earth is gonna heat up or cool down. They just want government grant money.....
Thank you for the standard line of right-wing denier bull****.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #34
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Do an experiment for me.

If science (which is a tool to understand the reality in which we exist) is so malleable, then if you don't believe in gravity, no harm can come to you from stepping out a 30th floor window.

Please try doing so and report back.
When did I ever say I don't believe in gravity?



Quote:
No. The science on the causes of the climate changes we have observed is quite clear. We are responsible. It is not possible to explain the facts, data and evidence (i.e., the science) without a very significant anthropogenic component. If you have some "science" that can better explain what we observed that has no, or very little, anthropogenic component, please provide it here:
Again your science on the matter only exists from a limited perspective. There are infinite more possibilities that could be affecting the data. You're only operating from one.



Quote:
Science can be misused, just as (say) a knife can be. Doesn't mean that all uses of a knife, or science, are as a "weapon", designed to hurt, kill, or destroy.

Would you want a world completely without any science at all?
I have no problem with trying to understand things through science, I love science. The problem is when people don't understand what the scientific process really is (limited perspective) and as such they form absolute beliefs with information that doesn't contain anywhere near the totality of the situation.


Quote:
I'm not interested in discussing fluoride with someone of a "precious bodily fluids" mindset.
Please do tell me what this precious bodily fluids mindset is that I have? I have no idea what you even mean by that. But I am glad to see that you choose not to have a discussion with me about fluoride based off of your assumptions of who I am, that tells me all I need to know.

Last edited by IHaveALight; 04-02-2013 at 12:18 PM..
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #35
Obushma
Ring of Famer
 
Obushma's Avatar
 
Bring your lunch pail

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SLC Utah
Posts: 2,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
Please do tell me what this precious bodily fluids mindset is that I have? I have no idea what you even mean by that. But I am glad to see that you choose not to have a discussion with me about fluoride based off of your assumptions of who I am, that tells me all I need to know.
W*gs voted for Bush then Obama. He is also for carbon credits. He's a piece of ****, don't waste your time, he's been bought, paid for, and ridden dry.
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:57 PM   #36
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Yes, I do.

Mostly for my kids.
it is odd that you are looking out for your kids because people like yourself and Al Gore have told us many times that those of us who have children, specifically American children are major contributors to global warming as their carbon footprint is much more noticeable than children born and raised in Africa and Asia and other third world countries.....

basically you compounded the problem because you decided to have children in the country that is just so guilty of causing global warming
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 PM   #37
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,251
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Thank you for the standard line of right-wing denier bull****.
I'm not saying anything ....I'm just telling you what I saw on the cover of Time magazine when I was about 15 years old. the same morons that are claiming global warming were worried we would be headed to another ice age.... and guess what neither has happened yet.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #38
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

I find it very interesting that Al Gore forgot to mention the number one cause of green house gas emissions (animal product production) and to this day he still lives his lavish high carbon footprint lifestyle, he seems very concerned.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:09 PM   #39
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I'm not saying anything ....I'm just telling you what I saw on the cover of Time magazine when I was about 15 years old. the same morons that are claiming global warming were worried we would be headed to another ice age.... and guess what neither has happened yet.
Time magazine isn't science.

The science at that time was overwhelmingly concerned about global warming, not global cooling.

The global cooling myth
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #40
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
I find it very interesting that Al Gore forgot to mention the number one cause of green house gas emissions (animal product production) and to this day he still lives his lavish high carbon footprint lifestyle, he seems very concerned.
Yep, no Al Gore, no manmade climate change.

Right?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #41
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,921

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
I find it very interesting that Al Gore forgot to mention the number one cause of green house gas emissions (animal product production) and to this day he still lives his lavish high carbon footprint lifestyle, he seems very concerned.
Just for the sake of argument, if you wanted to travel the planet and warn people about the dangers of global climate change, would you walk? Or swim, as the case may be? If he walks in leather shoes is he a hypocrite? Or if he eats pork, beef or chicken? How pure should he be before his message has any value?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:13 PM   #42
Obushma
Ring of Famer
 
Obushma's Avatar
 
Bring your lunch pail

Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: SLC Utah
Posts: 2,126
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Just for the sake of argument, if you wanted to travel the planet and warn people about the dangers of global climate change, would you walk? Or swim, as the case may be? If he walks in leather shoes is he a hypocrite? Or if he eats pork, beef or chicken? How pure should he be before his message has any value?
*slurp-slurp "Hey W*gs" slurp-slurp*
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:15 PM   #43
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Just for the sake of argument, if you wanted to travel the planet and warn people about the dangers of global climate change, would you walk? Or swim, as the case may be? If he walks in leather shoes is he a hypocrite? Or if he eats pork, beef or chicken? How pure should he be before his message has any value?
We live in a brilliant world of information, we don't have to destroy the planet to save it.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:17 PM   #44
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Yep, no Al Gore, no manmade climate change.

Right?
Not true.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #45
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 53,921

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obushma View Post
*slurp-slurp "Hey W*gs" slurp-slurp*
Another brilliant, well-thought out comment.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #46
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,903

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I'm not saying anything ....I'm just telling you what I saw on the cover of Time magazine when I was about 15 years old. the same morons that are claiming global warming were worried we would be headed to another ice age.... and guess what neither has happened yet.
No, it's no the same people. The article you cite went no where, whatsoever. It did not lead to the mass consensus that global climate change has. Why? Because ait didn't follow the evidence.

Comparing the two is just ignorant and dishonest.

Seriously, comparing articles in a non-scientific publications that didn't even understand the source study (which was talking about an ice age coming "soon" in a geological sense) to the body of work surrounding GCC? You have to be quite silly to do such a thing.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #47
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
it is odd that you are looking out for your kids because people like yourself and Al Gore have told us many times that those of us who have children, specifically American children are major contributors to global warming as their carbon footprint is much more noticeable than children born and raised in Africa and Asia and other third world countries.....

basically you compounded the problem because you decided to have children in the country that is just so guilty of causing global warming
No.

Not all Americans have the same "carbon footprint".
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:22 PM   #48
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

Our country could have been energy independent through solar and wind technology with a fraction of the money that dems and reps have spent on oil wars. But lets just continue to put our faith in what they have to say on the matter.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #49
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obushma View Post
W*gs voted for Bush then Obama. He is also for carbon credits. He's a piece of ****, don't waste your time, he's been bought, paid for, and ridden dry.
Never voted for Bush.

I prefer a revenue-neutral carbon tax.

Care to try for strike 3?

Gads, but you're a total a-hole and idiot.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 01:25 PM   #50
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 20,725
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
Not true.
So why mention Gore, and what he does or does not do, at all?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:35 AM.


Denver Broncos